PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Apnea

RitcheyRch
11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Well everyone. I'm off to the Sleep Center to be tested for sleep apnea.

RitcheyRch
11-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks. Will be kind of weird sleeping at the center.
A freind of mine had that . Hope it works for ya.

beerjet
11-17-2006, 08:14 PM
A freind of mine had that . Hope it works for ya.

EAZYKILLER2006
11-17-2006, 08:17 PM
wow let us know...

talbert450r
11-17-2006, 08:18 PM
good luck with that

beerjet
11-17-2006, 08:18 PM
You cant drink can you.

glamis
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I had it done too You can't sleep with the probs on you head

wsuwrhr
11-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I have a friend with SA. Doctors said he was the worst they had ever seen.
Good news to hear, right?
Anyway, he has to sleep with a breathing deal strapped to his face, seemed to help him out though.
Good luck,
Brian

boatsnblondes
11-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I know LOTS of guys that use them..they say its the best thing that ever happned to them...takes a month or so to get used to the head gear, then no more snoring, just good sleep....youll see....sleep apnea can and does kill guys.....

rrrr
11-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I did the sleep study a few weeks ago, wired up like cheap christmas tree..... :rollside:
So I went back to the doctor a couple of days ago to discuss the results, all graphed out and stuff. I was pretty amazed at how little sleep I get.
During the test I woke up an average of 28 times an hour.....shit, every other minute. Blood oxygen saturation fell into the 80% range a few times when I just quit breathing. :eek:
So next week I go back for another overnight stay to fit the CPAP (constant pressure air pump) mask and see how it works.
I never thought much about this deal until a 53 year old buddy of mine died from an apnea related heart attack in February.....jeezus.....

centerhill condor
11-18-2006, 05:04 AM
"a friend of mine"...had the surgery, removed the tonsils, adnoids, and modified the uvula. the guy lost weight and doesn't fall asleep at the wheel after lunch! His girlfriends don't wake him in the night shouting, breathe, breathe...you're not breathing. Oh, well just another boring life.

Jordan_23_85205
11-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Been there done that, I didn't know I had it until it destroyed my heart.
I'm 43 and have had two heart attacks, the first one when I was 36, but the doctors didn't
figure it out until after I had the second one when I was 40
Left undiagnosed and or untreated it can easily kill you.
They said if I had gotten to the ER 20 min later, it would have been too late
Good to get a handle on it now, before it causes serious problems!
Best of luck to you.
~Bilge
Wow!! This just scared the shit out of me :cry: I'm 35 and was diagnosed with SA 2-3 years ago. I'm supposed to use a CPAP but it's so uncomfortable, I stopped.
I didn't realize it could lead to a heart attack. At the time, the doctor said I was an extreme case, much like the story above.
Thanks for the information...I'm breaking out my CPAP now :cool:

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Was finished at 5:00 AM this morning. The testing wasnt as bad as thought it would be. Took longer than normal to fall asleep since was over tired. They said the results would be sent to my doctor within a few days. So guess have to wait and see the results.
wow let us know...
I dont drink so doesnt really matter to me but dont think they want you taking any sleep meds or drinking any alcohol before the test.
You cant drink can you.
Thanks.
good luck with that
I didnt have a problem sleeping with the probes all over my head. Would have fallen asleep faster had they begun the testing the minute I got there. Took awhile to fall back asleep once they woke me up to put the contraption on my head. The tech did say that this morning when they woke me up that the breathing machine stopped my snoring.
I had it done too You can't sleep with the probs on you head

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Wouldnt it have been easier to use the CPAP machine?
"a friend of mine"...had the surgery, removed the tonsils, adnoids, and modified the uvula. the guy lost weight and doesn't fall asleep at the wheel after lunch! His girlfriends don't wake him in the night shouting, breathe, breathe...you're not breathing. Oh, well just another boring life.

MayDaze
11-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Getting the CPAP machine changed my life...... Since they found out I had it I haven't gone a day without using the machine... Hit me up if you have any questions...
Greg

MayDaze
11-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Wow!! This just scared the shit out of me :cry: I'm 35 and was diagnosed with SA 2-3 years ago. I'm supposed to use a CPAP but it's so uncomfortable, I stopped.
I didn't realize it could lead to a heart attack. At the time, the doctor said I was an extreme case, much like the story above.
Thanks for the information...I'm breaking out my CPAP now :cool:
Go on Sleepapnea.com they have a forum there if you have any questions.. I was lucky it worked for me right away. There is also different kinds of mask you can use to find the right one that is comfortable.

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks. Appreciate it. From talking with the tech this morning it sounds like I will be getting a CPAP machine. Wonder what happens if you have the machine on and there is a power outage?
Getting the CPAP machine changed my life...... Since they found out I had it I haven't gone a day without using the machine... Hit me up if you have any questions...
Greg

MayDaze
11-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks. Appreciate it. From talking with the tech this morning it sounds like I will be getting a CPAP machine. Wonder what happens if you have the machine on and there is a power outage?
They actually have a battery pack you can purchase or you insurance might cover.
http://www.cpap.com/productpage-advanced.php?PNum=2282

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info. Would assume the insurance company would pay for the battery pack.
They actually have a battery pack you can purchase or you insurance might cover.
http://www.cpap.com/productpage-advanced.php?PNum=2282

DaveA
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Every once in a while I fall asleep without the cpap strapped on. Man, can I tell a difference in the morning! So can my wife....I get a reminder to put it on if she's still awake, or I wake her up! I sound like a chain saw. But that's another story.
As regards power outages, we had one Wed nite when a storm hit and knocked all the power lines down. I was w/o cpap that night, boy was I cranky the next morning....oh, wait. That's because I saw all the trees down and everything all tore up. But being without the cpap didn't help....couldn't get the snoring to cut up any lumber, either.
Just got back from Mex Riviera about 3 wks ago and of course I took it with me- carry on baggage- and the cruise ship got me an extension cord to hook it up in the cabin.
If you got it, use it. If you snore, get checked out. SA can slowly kill you and you won't know it, as others have attested to here.

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Im figuring will get my CPAP machine in the next week or so. Waiting to hear the results from my doctor.
Every once in a while I fall asleep without the cpap strapped on. Man, can I tell a difference in the morning! So can my wife....I get a reminder to put it on if she's still awake, or I wake her up! I sound like a chain saw. But that's another story.
As regards power outages, we had one Wed nite when a storm hit and knocked all the power lines down. I was w/o cpap that night, boy was I cranky the next morning....oh, wait. That's because I saw all the trees down and everything all tore up. But being without the cpap didn't help....couldn't get the snoring to cut up any lumber, either.
Just got back from Mex Riviera about 3 wks ago and of course I took it with me- carry on baggage- and the cruise ship got me an extension cord to hook it up in the cabin.
If you got it, use it. If you snore, get checked out. SA can slowly kill you and you won't know it, as others have attested to here.

MayDaze
11-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I think my fiance likes it more than me now that I don't snore...

11-18-2006, 05:28 PM
If you got it, use it. If you snore, get checked out. SA can slowly kill you and you won't know it, as others have attested to here.Dave, two questions. 1:What do you mean you can tell a difference in the morning? 2: What do you mean it can slowly kill you ? The doctor failed to mention that.

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 05:37 PM
For one, I think he means that he isnt tired in the morning.
Dave, two questions. 1:What do you mean you can tell a difference in the morning? 2: What do you mean it can slowly kill you ? The doctor failed to mention that.

MayDaze
11-18-2006, 05:43 PM
You have no idea the difference it makes. I started using mine January 06' and I have not missed one night with the CPAP machine. It was life changing for me, I would fall asleep at traffic lights on the way to work after a full night sleep. I would have to eat sunflower seeds everytime I drove somewhere just to keep awake..

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not that bad but can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I am constantly tired even after sleeping as much as 15 hours straight.
You have no idea the difference it makes. I started using mine January 06' and I have not missed one night with the CPAP machine. It was life changing for me, I would fall asleep at traffic lights on the way to work after a full night sleep. I would have to eat sunflower seeds everytime I drove somewhere just to keep awake..

MayDaze
11-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not that bad but can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I am constantly tired even after sleeping as much as 15 hours straight.
I was the same way.. Over time it got worse....

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 05:51 PM
My Mom was telling me that Roise O'Donnell had a show about it last week where she said she was tested and determined she has Sleep Apnea. She said she had 200 episodes per night where she stopped breathing.

11-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Me too!

RitcheyRch
11-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Sure nice to know I am not the only one that suffers from this.

DaveA
11-18-2006, 08:58 PM
My Mom was telling me that Roise O'Donnell had a show about it last week where she said she was tested and determined she has Sleep Apnea. She said she had 200 episodes per night where she stopped breathing.
And not one episode LASTS LONG ENOUGH.....yet..... :mad:
Re: how I feel in the morning- yup, I feel better and can get thru a very long day (I get 4-6 hrs a nite about half the time). I couldn't keep awake during meetings (very interesting ones...). Driving was tough later in the day. Snoring was outa control- one doc was talking about sculpting my throat with a knife. Not gonna do that. CPAP was the answer for me.

CAPTROBBY
11-18-2006, 10:33 PM
i was diagnosed several years ago w/ sleep apnea. mine was so bad, i would fall asleep while having a conversation. my sleep study showed o2 sat levels at 63%.. c-pap is great, however after losing 110 lbs i no longer need it. i have alot of experiance with this subject, please pm me if you have any questions...

BiggusJimbus
11-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I've been looking for a good cordless unit for camping and such.
Not particularly interested in a 12v. unit where I need to carry an external power source.
Anybody hear of such a thing?
I've used mine every day for the last 5 years. Just got my second unit in fact.
I did not have to go in for a "Sleep Study". There are units that actually record your breating patterns that the doctor and technicians can get data from directly.
I'm not especially overweight, but have always had breathing problems when laying down. (Wouldn't hurt to lose 20 pounds, though).
Jimbus.

rrrr
11-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Holy shit!!!!!! My ex-wife called this morning.....her second husband (the lucky guy after me) died in his sleep last night. He was 36........
Not sure what caused it, he had been having a bit of trouble with blood clots in his legas (phlebitis), but he snored a lot too according to her.
Jeez, I feel bad for his family, my ex has a 12 YO daughter and he had also remarried, the woman had three young kids. Terrible stuff.
I guess choosing between a face mask and the Big Sleep is pretty easy.

sleekcrafter
11-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I found out I needed it, because my blood pressure kept climbing, it was never a problem, prior to that, a constant headache, and my wife complaints about snoring. I was sent to the ETN doctor, and he suspected Sleep apnea, caused from deviated septum and airway blockage. I was sent to the clinic, and was diagnosed with severe apnea, and received a C-pap machine set to 18mm supply, if it was any worse I would have needed an oxygen supplement on top of it all. A Month after using the machine, I could not bared the morning cramps from swallowing airwhile sleeping, due to the pressure required. I opted for throat surgery, and had my Uvula trimmed and reshaped, and a deviated septum repaired. Now my machine is set to 9mm of pressure, and sleep like a baby and being full of energy, when you wake, is a wonderful thing.

Seadog
11-19-2006, 02:56 PM
For several years, my wife and I had separate bedrooms because she is a sensitive sleeper and could not handle even light snoring. At a checkup, my doctor suspected sleep anea. I went in for the study and have been using the CPAP ever since. They make different types of masks. I did not like the one that covers the nose, so I went with one that fits into the nostrils. Every now and then, I take a break for a day or two, but I could not deal without it long term.
My brother has dealt with this since childhood. I can still remember an ice storm that had several friends and family stranded one night. One of the kids woke everyone up screaming Lion! Lion! after hearing my brother's snoring. He went the surgery route and was in a lot of pain for a long time. My doctor says he never recommends that method because it has too low of a success rate.

RitcheyRch
11-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Sounds like I might like the one that goes into the nostrils. I didnt like the one that they let me use at the Sleep Center that went over my nose.
For several years, my wife and I had separate bedrooms because she is a sensitive sleeper and could not handle even light snoring. At a checkup, my doctor suspected sleep anea. I went in for the study and have been using the CPAP ever since. They make different types of masks. I did not like the one that covers the nose, so I went with one that fits into the nostrils. Every now and then, I take a break for a day or two, but I could not deal without it long term.
My brother has dealt with this since childhood. I can still remember an ice storm that had several friends and family stranded one night. One of the kids woke everyone up screaming Lion! Lion! after hearing my brother's snoring. He went the surgery route and was in a lot of pain for a long time. My doctor says he never recommends that method because it has too low of a success rate.

Baja Big Dog
11-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Had to join to reply to this issue....some insurance companies will send you home with a test unit so you can take the test at your own home, some people dont like the idea of sleeping at a strange place to take a test (unless its at your neibhors house when he's out of town!!).
I had a c-pap for years and it took a crap, took my test at home and and now use a bi-pap. Thats hard core that helps you breath in and out. Unfortuatlly if you have Kaiser like I do you have to pay a monthly rental for the unit!!
Most units have 12v adaptors for use in a car or an external power supply, power supplies sre available that will power the unit for up to 7 hours.
I just spent 3 days in Baja chasing a race car to La Paz and spent two nights sleeping in the truck, one night was too lazy to fire up the little Honda to run the machine and paid for it the next day, couldnt drive over 8 hours!! :crossx:

RitcheyRch
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
My insurance company, Blue Cross, prefers you take the test at a Sleep Center where they can monitor you and know you wont have any distractions during the test.
Had to join to reply to this issue....some insurance companies will send you home with a test unit so you can take the test at your own home, some people dont like the idea of sleeping at a strange place to take a test (unless its at your neibhors house when he's out of town!!).
I had a c-pap for years and it took a crap, took my test at home and and now use a bi-pap. Thats hard core that helps you breath in and out. Unfortuatlly if you have Kaiser like I do you have to pay a monthly rental for the unit!!
Most units have 12v adaptors for use in a car or an external power supply, power supplies sre available that will power the unit for up to 7 hours.
I just spent 3 days in Baja chasing a race car to La Paz and spent two nights sleeping in the truck, one night was too lazy to fire up the little Honda to run the machine and paid for it the next day, couldnt drive over 8 hours!! :crossx:

RitcheyRch
11-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Like said earlier, I'm just glad I am not the only one suffering fromt his. It seems more common than I expected.
This is cool to talk to other peeps about this.
Hell up until now, the only person I've talked to about it is the doc.
Thanks for sharing your experiences guys!
~Bilge

Baja Big Dog
11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
The sleep center goes both ways, a buddy had to go to the center and he got the worst nights sleep, strange place and knowing your connected to the measuring crap.
This subject isnt a joke, read about the damage done by not using the machine.
If you have trouble snoring, and the ole lady bitches about not sleeping you might have a problem. Get it checked out, it even helps you keep it up longer!!!!!
Hopefully you dont have Kaiser, they suck and it costs you more money than they spend on the machine!!!!

IMPATIENT 1
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM
this is a great thread, i'm really glad i stumbled upon it! my wife is 29 yrs old and snores so bad it wakes me up. once i'm awake, i can hear her stop breathin for at least 20-30 seconds, she'll move then start breathin again. i was thinking this may be the reason she has no energy at all during the day. she works at a title and abstract office and that zaps her for the day.

Mattman
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Had the same signs and symptoms for a while that the rest of you have experienced. Especially sucks when doing shift work and you're up at all different hours. Diagnosed with moderate apnea. The night of the test I woke at least 63 times and stopped breathing approx. ten times. Have used C-PAP aprrox. one year now and all signs and symptoms have disappeared. Wife especially stoked because no more snoring. My Pulmonologist says over 2 million people suffer from this!!

11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
The kids have to sleep with thier doors closed because I snor so loud. I know I have it. Now I have to go get tested. Hell I sleep as much as our lazy old dog. This thread is making me nevous. I'm gonna make an app. tommorow.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Been using my CPAP machine since June of 04. Have not missed one night. It's to the point now that it is second nature. I almost think I would not fall asleep without it. The masks do wear-out over time. My insurance covers a new mask for free every six months so check with your insurance..... Also, if you have So Cal Edison for your electrical utility you can get a medical equipment waiver from them that will reduce your monthly electrical bill since you have a vital medical device, the CPAP machine, that needs to be used all night. All you need to do is get your Dr to sign the forms that Edison sends you.

OCMerrill
11-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Like said earlier, I'm just glad I am not the only one suffering fromt his. It seems more common than I expected.
You can add me to your support group. I would wake up with a rapid heart beat (250 bpm) and over and over. Finally my reg family practicioner said sleep study. Oh crap...the results were horrible. Pulse OX in the 50's after only like 1 hr. of sleep. It is a KILLER for sure.
Been sleeping with a CPAP about 3 years now.
The sleep study was a bit bizzare. Then I had to go back for the titration so the doc will know what to set the machine at. That was a long night trying to figure out how to breathe with the mask on.
A bit hard to get used to at first. The machines have humidifier options (highly recommend one) and ramp up features allowing you to fall asleep before the pressure starts. Mine is currently set at 11. I go to sleep at full pressure now and don't hardly notice it as I am getting really used to the pressure.
In our RV my batts run my inverter all night and the machine purs away.
I still dont sleep great but with the machine it's much better.

Mattman
11-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Don't know how true this is but I heard Seep Apnea is partially to blame for the death of NFL Great Reggie White. It went untreated for too long!!

fat rat
11-20-2006, 08:32 AM
How do you know you have SA..........what are some of the signs?

Mattman
11-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Extremely loud snoring, wake up out of breath, restlessness, wake up with headaches, constantly tired, and irritable, weight gain just to name a few.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-20-2006, 08:39 AM
A bit hard to get used to at first. The machines have humidifier options (highly recommend one) and ramp up features allowing you to fall asleep before the pressure starts. Mine is currently set at 11. I go to sleep at full pressure now and don't hardly notice it as I am getting really used to the pressure.
I'm at 11 as well and no longer use the ramp up feature either. I have the humidifier option but I don't use it.....

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Have any of you tried a silent night mouth piece? I just got one and have a really hard time using it. It is uncomfortable and freaks me out when I sleep. I avoided the testing and had my dentist buddy make me one. I am dreading a sleep test and a big mask at night. My wife sais I snore loud but I don't stop breathing. She has recorded it on my cell and it is terrible. I could stand to loose 20 lbs but that is tuff too. How does the lack of sleep make you gain weight?
Is the mask uncomfortable? It sure looks terrible. Do you have to worry if you don't stop breathing?

Mattman
11-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Just like anything ,you have to get used to it. Took me about a week. What's the harm in taking the sleep test? If you don't have it, at least you can rule it out. You or your wife may or may not know you actually stopped breathing. Let a professional examine you and find out for sure. Maybe there is something else going on you don't know about.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Just like anything ,you have to get used to it. Took me about a week. What's the harm in taking the sleep test? If you don't have it, at least you can rule it out. You or your wife may or may not know you actually stopped breathing. Let a professional examine you and find out for sure. Maybe there is something else going on you don't know about.
What else is there? This is getting worse by the second. I to am glad this was brought up. I think I don't talk much about it because it is kind of embarassing.

Mattman
11-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Not a medical professional so I wouldn't necessarily know what else is up. But, during the sleep test they are monitoring sleep patterns, brain waves, breathing and so on. It's interesting to sit with a doctor and go over the results. You would be amazed at what they can tell you just by your brain functions. Not to mention, my test was video taped. And no, I didn't get caught doing anything embarassing!! :)

boatsnblondes
11-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Wow!! Great conversation guys. Men need to discuss this stuff. CPAP can be and IS life changing. A little goofy to get used to initially, but after that, you SLEEP. Sleep is a tool, a comodity, rarely a luxury.
Sleep apnea disrupts your ability to sleep, heres what happens. As you fall asleep, your muscles in your throat are still controlled by you consciously. Once you are in a deeper sleep, those muscles start to relax. If you are an overweight guy, or just a big guy, your throat kind of collapses. When that happenes, it's kind of like suffucating over and over. you stop breathing, and your lungs work harder and harder to get at the air outside until in one MASSIVE breath, you breath. While this is happening, your heart is being STARVED for oxygen, over and over and over, hundreds of times a night. Obviously, this is mortally dangerous for people, in many ways. One is that you wake up feeling like you never went to sleep at all. You go through your day like a zombie, falling asleep while driving, working, taking a shit on the toilet, whatever. The reality of the situation is this. If you SNORE, if you are tired no matter how much you sleep, if you wake up multiple time at night because you feel suffocated, you need to get in to your doc and get checked out. This is not something to be trifled with, not something you can get rid of easily. It can be gotten rid of, all you need is a treadmill and a gym. Most guys who have this are big guys. Nuff said about that.
Now what happens when you get diagnosed with a SA condition? You get a neat lifestyle changing little machine next to your bed for the foreseeable future. Not to worry. The machine will become your best little buddy. It will do something for you you have not been able to do for the longest time. Sleep SOUNDLY, deeply, and wake up more rested than you have been able to do in years. Heres how a CPAP works. CPAP stands for Constant Pressure Air Something or other. In other words, it puts pressurized air into your nose, through the mask, and that pressure keeps your throat from closing. Allowing you to breath normally. Since you are breathing through your nose, your mouth is closed, and you do not snore, ever, at all. If not for the soft whisper of the machine, your wife might not know you are even there. And one last thing. It has been shown that people fall asleep better under certain conditions, i.e. temp, light, noise, etc. All people have those traits. One of the more interesting side effects of the machine is the noise it makes. a soft blowing sound. Better known as white noise. After a while, when your brain hears this, it is a subliminal signal to your system that is is time to sleep, helping you to go under. nice. Don't get caught up in those products that say they can help stop snoring, SA is NOT helped by that. I never considered that. I can honestly tell you that as a Locomotive Engineer for Union Pacific for 17 years, and now for Amtrak, my sleep is paramount. CPAP lets me get sleep on a level I never had, even as a kid. I recommend it to anyone who wakes up gasping at night, or who does not feel rested. Having the sleep study done is one night of your life that could save your life. I hope this helps, I hope this answers questions, I hope you'll do the research you need to if you suspect this is something that is going on with you.
Brett A. Blanchard
Locomotive Engineer
Amtrak California
Merced Crewbase

Mattman
11-20-2006, 01:04 PM
What he said!!

Powerquestboy
11-20-2006, 01:39 PM
I have always wondered if I have this but I dont ever doze off... ever. I took the test on Sleepapnea.com and it said I dont show any symptoms. I cant sleep in a car or a plane etc. However, I snore like its my job! Especially when I drink. People have told me it sounds like I stop breathing but I have never woken up gasping for air. I have woken up on several occasions with a real rapid heart beat, usually this happens when I'm at my parents house which is at 7000 feet elavation. Do I have anything to worry about? I also have Asthma (not real bad) and I wonder if the rapid heart beat/snoring is more a result of that. THoughts?

boatsnblondes
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
I have always wondered if I have this but I dont ever doze off... ever. I took the test on Sleepapnea.com and it said I dont show any symptoms. I cant sleep in a car or a plane etc. However, I snore like its my job! Especially when I drink. People have told me it sounds like I stop breathing but I have never woken up gasping for air. I have woken up on several occasions with a real rapid heart beat, usually this happens when I'm at my parents house which is at 7000 feet elavation. Do I have anything to worry about? I also have Asthma (not real bad) and I wonder if the rapid heart beat/snoring is more a result of that. THoughts?
Sleep studys are a prescription item. I.E. you need to go to your Doc and talk to him FIRST. IF he feels a study is warranted, he will give you the prescription and his office will set up the date of the appt. It is much better to go in, talk to him, and be sure about it, then to take the chance that some other guys who are no longer with us have taken. For those of you fighting the mask, don't. Keep at it till you learn to live with it. I use something a lot like this. If the mask is too hard for you, as it does cover your nose and all, try this, it is much less invasive, and more comfortable.....click the link....
http://www.talkaboutsleep.biz/cpap-masks-nasal/puritanbennett-breezesleepgear-nasalpillows.htm
Hope this helps... :sleeping:

Seadog
11-20-2006, 02:23 PM
That is the system I use, but it looks like they made some recent enhancements since my last replacement. They only real problem I have since I got use to it have been from the hose getting caught in the pillow. Not a big deal. If I have any irritation on the nostrils, it can sometimes irritate while wearing, but again, it is a rarity.

boatsnblondes
11-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Seadog, take the hose and stretch it behind your pillow, allowing enough slack for you to toss and turn, also, try a little vasaline or something on the nasal part, it will give a great seal, while going a little easier on the inside of your nostrils...

RitcheyRch
11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
My test was video taped as well. Still waiting to hear from the doctor to go over my test results. Actually looking forward to getting a CPAP machine so I can finally get a good nights sleep. I'm tired of always being tired.
There have been days where I got 13-15 hours sleep and still wake up exhausted and tired. I am always dozing off during meetings at work. My gf says I snore so loud that she can hear me outside with all the doors and windows shut.
Not a medical professional so I wouldn't necessarily know what else is up. But, during the sleep test they are monitoring sleep patterns, brain waves, breathing and so on. It's interesting to sit with a doctor and go over the results. You would be amazed at what they can tell you just by your brain functions. Not to mention, my test was video taped. And no, I didn't get caught doing anything embarassing!! :)

Baja Big Dog
11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Heres the "NO BULLSHIT" results of this entire thread, it has brought to alot of perples attention the fact that they may be suffering from this (NOT) silent killer.
Read what we have said, we can only tell you guys (by the way this is not only limited to men, know a few women that sleep with the little "buddy box").
If you think you have any of the signs get to the doctor, if you are as unlucky as I am and have Kaiser start the process now, as you know regardless of the medical need they will drag the process on as long as they can, I went to the doctor because my cpap took a crap, it took almost 3 months get a replacment, the customer service is non existant when it comes to these issues. KAISER SUCKS!!!!!! In fact I think I will start a thread about how Kaiser sucks, yea thats a cool idea!!!!

boatsnblondes
11-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Bigdog, there are sites on the net that WILL sell you the machine. All they need is a copy of the prescription from the doc. Not too hard. Might be a little easier on your stress level as well. Since these machines are controlled by the FDA, they are not a shelf item. For good reasons too. The website I posted above has some good deals on machines, you might want to lookinto that rather than fight it out with kaiser. they range from 250 to 1300 or so...give them a call bro...nite...

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-21-2006, 06:24 AM
OK, last night I tried my silent night mouth piece all night. I have never made it more than an hour or so before. I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up several times pissed off that something was in my mouth. Anyways I can see I can get used to it. I woke up on my own at 5:20 and woke up my sleeping beauty! She said I did not snore a bit and she slept great. That alone is worth it. Normaly she wants to kill me. I feel tired but I think it is because of having a hard time getting used to it.
The fact she said I did not make a peep is pretty amazing to me. I will try again tonight.

BiggusJimbus
11-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Heres the "NO BULLSHIT" results of this entire thread, it has brought to alot of perples attention the fact that they may be suffering from this (NOT) silent killer.
Read what we have said, we can only tell you guys (by the way this is not only limited to men, know a few women that sleep with the little "buddy box").
If you think you have any of the signs get to the doctor, if you are as unlucky as I am and have Kaiser start the process now, as you know regardless of the medical need they will drag the process on as long as they can, I went to the doctor because my cpap took a crap, it took almost 3 months get a replacment, the customer service is non existant when it comes to these issues. KAISER SUCKS!!!!!! In fact I think I will start a thread about how Kaiser sucks, yea thats a cool idea!!!!
Really? I got my replacement from Kaiser in less than a week.
Let my doc know mine was taking a dump, he called Durable Medical Goods and they had a new one at the Apria location near me ready in a couple days.
1 phone call, one week. The delay you had is likely on your doctor or his/her assistants.
Might be different in SoCal. But I don't have that many problems with Kaiser.

Mattman
11-21-2006, 06:48 AM
My C-PAP is from Option One in Irvine. Actually made a house call, showed me how to work everything, gave me extra masks and hoses, you name it. With Blue Shield I had to pay a monthly $50 fee for 6 months. After the 6 month mark they sent me a form saying I fulfilled my obligation and I now own the machine outright.

OCMerrill
11-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm at 11 as well and no longer use the ramp up feature either. I have the humidifier option but I don't use it.....
It's funny...I started out at around 8. My wife said she could hear me snoring in the mask. I told my doc this and had the machine set up to 11. At first I thought my ears would blow out :) but, now its like not wearing anything and I havent snored in years. One night w/o the machine and my uvula (sp?) swells up 2x from snoring.
One neat side effect is its real hard to talk pressured up. So no more late night conversations unless I want one :rollside:
You can also roll up to your better halfs ear, close your throat, and blow a ton of endless air out your mouth right in her ear. Pisses my wife off big time :)

OCMerrill
11-21-2006, 03:19 PM
One thing to add...Snoring and Apnea - Just because one snores does not mean they have Apnea. The reason they connect your brain up while doing sleep studies to to make sure one does not have total autonomic failure. This is the switch over from concious to sleep and your brain knowing the difference.
OK, last night I tried my silent night mouth piece all night. I have never made it more than an hour or so before. I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up several times pissed off that something was in my mouth. Anyways I can see I can get used to it. I woke up on my own at 5:20 and woke up my sleeping beauty! She said I did not snore a bit and she slept great. That alone is worth it. Normaly she wants to kill me. I feel tired but I think it is because of having a hard time getting used to it.
The fact she said I did not make a peep is pretty amazing to me. I will try again tonight.
I have tried about 6 different masks, nostril taps, throat tube (what I call it) trying to ge used to it. Now I just grab the cheap nose mask and sleep away. It works the best for me.
Your not self doctoring this deal are you? Machine settings are important and to much pressure can actually cause heart issues. Got to have the study to determine the need.

DCBob
11-21-2006, 05:41 PM
I was diagnosed w/SA about two years ago. Tried the C-PAP for about two weeks before I got frustrated and blew it off completely choosing to take Ambium and try to sleep through the oxygen starvation. I was also embarrased at having to wear the mask and tried to kid myself into thinking it was all good and I didn't need the fockin machine. Hearing all of you dealing with the same thing has encouraged me to try it again. I started last night and will try to deal with it. Thanks guys!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM
One thing to add...Snoring and Apnea - Just because one snores does not mean they have Apnea. The reason they connect your brain up while doing sleep studies to to make sure one does not have total autonomic failure. This is the switch over from concious to sleep and your brain knowing the difference.
I have tried about 6 different masks, nostril taps, throat tube (what I call it) trying to ge used to it. Now I just grab the cheap nose mask and sleep away. It works the best for me.
Your not self doctoring this deal are you? Machine settings are important and to much pressure can actually cause heart issues. Got to have the study to determine the need.
I am kinda self doctoring but look at what it is. It is a mouth piece molded to hold your jaw from colapsing. Do a search. I would but I gotta go.

boatsnblondes
11-22-2006, 01:46 AM
I was diagnosed w/SA about two years ago. Tried the C-PAP for about two weeks before I got frustrated and blew it off completely choosing to take Ambium and try to sleep through the oxygen starvation. I was also embarrased at having to wear the mask and tried to kid myself into thinking it was all good and I didn't need the fockin machine. Hearing all of you dealing with the same thing has encouraged me to try it again. I started last night and will try to deal with it. Thanks guys!
DC, hang in there bro....I ripped mine off all the time at first, several times a night actually, I hated it, it made me feel like a freak. Called the Doc, told him to go fock himself, he told me to be sure to have my ex wife call him to let him know where to send the flowers. SA gets worse, not better, over time. And the longer you procrastinate and fight this thing, is time you are starving your heart for oxygen. Relax bro, and breath, and sleep...give yourself 20-30 days, and you'll be hooked..wonder how the hell you ever slept one day of your life without it. trust me.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-22-2006, 06:57 AM
OK second night was way better and I do feel different. I think someone slipped me a red bull in the middle of the night. If I were you guys I would look into the Silent Night. Thanks for all the info and support. Oh ya wife feels better too.

DCBob
11-22-2006, 09:43 AM
DC, hang in there bro....I ripped mine off all the time at first, several times a night actually, I hated it, it made me feel like a freak. Called the Doc, told him to go fock himself, he told me to be sure to have my ex wife call him to let him know where to send the flowers. SA gets worse, not better, over time. And the longer you procrastinate and fight this thing, is time you are starving your heart for oxygen. Relax bro, and breath, and sleep...give yourself 20-30 days, and you'll be hooked..wonder how the hell you ever slept one day of your life without it. trust me.
Hey thanks BNB I'm givin it my best shot. Ahh, gettin old, ain't it grand :rolleyes: :)

OCMerrill
11-22-2006, 10:02 AM
This is 100% spot on. I did and felt the exact same way. Now its a gotta have. I look FORWARD to sleeping with it. My wife digs it. She sleeps so much better knowing I won't be waking her to dial 911 because my pulse rate is major tach from low OX levels.
I have a new unit that is pretty small. Scaling these things down will help with the mental side of things. Also they have Bi-Cpap machines now that rise and drop pressure to match normal breathing. Most people can't stand the breathing out under pressure feeling. I could care less now but in the beginning it was difficult.
Like BNB stated perfectly...HANG IN THERE. You will be glad you did.

Ultra5150
11-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Another CPAP user here!! I use the head gear with the nasal pillows not a mask, way more comfortable. I am at an 8psi setting, so they work great. I couldnt live without it, my quality of life is so much better now. I am not always tired and sleepy.
You never notice until you go on a CPAP that you never dreamed, you never get into a deep enough slumber to actually dream. Once I got on CPAP, I started dreaming again, it was crazy.
My buddies would give me a hard time at first when we traveled to football games, now they just call it my Darth Vader machine. I am only guy who doesnt snore on our trips now.

Baja Big Dog
11-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey Biggus, yea I went to the dr and told her my machine was had taken a crap (had a cpap). She turned in the referral to the sleep center and they called me back two weeks later and told me to come in in two weeks, I called bullshit....I needed this NOW, they were so kind do squeeze me in within 3 days, I complained to the two 7-11 graduates that ran the sleep study and told them I was in a hurry for this machine, I thought it was medically safe to use the machine, they asked for a copy of the sleep study I took 10 years ago..yea right! this went on for snother two weeks after going back in for a pressure test sleep study. Another week or so and IM calling and getting the typical Kaiser DAH I think you need to speak to...........
Finally after about two months I get an appointment at Apria, get the machine (now I need a bipap) pay them 40 bucks and go home with my new machine, get a bill in the mail from apria the next month for 40 bucks, call Kaiser and they tell me its the bill for my 20%, FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!
So I go the web site that Boatsnblondes gave us (THANKS DUDE..) and find the same machine for 1299.00 no tax no shipping.
IM now getting the runaround bullshit from Kaiser about giving me a copy on my prescription, Yea KAISER SUCKS.....
Ill let you guys know how it turns out, I told Kaiser I want them to reimburse me for the 80% of the machine, that was better than A FART IN CHURCH!!!

boatsnblondes
11-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Big Dog, glad to hear it. Even if Kaiser gives you the runaround, at least you have soemthing to help you sleep in the meantime...and think of this...by buying it yourself, you may be actually SAVING money in the long run...I bet Kaiser is charging you interest.....hey, your taken care of, makes my day bro...
One last thing on edit bro...don't call kaiser for the prescrirtion copy..get it from the Doc who prescribed it for you in the first place, or tell him you lost it and have him give you another for the CPAP only...tell him it's a replacement and you should walk out with the prescription....fax it over to that guy and badda bing...your done...

RiverDave
11-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I have Kaiser and my Dr. recomended I take the sleep study last year and I never went in.. To be honest I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Every since I was a teenager I could sleep honestly for 18 hours straight and still be tired in the morning. I always thought I might have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or something, but honestly the symptoms I have read almost identical to what others have mentioned in this thread. I've literally fallen asleep when people are talking to me before (in the past). It's kind of strange but if I get really trashed out at the river, and sleep for 6 hours I'll feel more awake the next day then I do if I sleep 10 - 12 hours at home.. Not sure if drinking heavily maybe helps you sleep deeper or something?
I'm going to make an appointment with the sleep center right after thanksgiving becuase alot of what was written on here read to me exactly like I would've wrote it. I snore loudly, my g/f complains that I stop breathing in my sleep sometimes, etc.. etc..
RD

BiggusJimbus
11-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Different coverage, I guess.
I pay them nothing with my coverage.
Didn't have to go through all that nonsense for my replacement.
Don't know why you had all that fuss. Bummer.
Hey Biggus, yea I went to the dr and told her my machine was had taken a crap (had a cpap). She turned in the referral to the sleep center and they called me back two weeks later and told me to come in in two weeks, I called bullshit....I needed this NOW, they were so kind do squeeze me in within 3 days, I complained to the two 7-11 graduates that ran the sleep study and told them I was in a hurry for this machine, I thought it was medically safe to use the machine, they asked for a copy of the sleep study I took 10 years ago..yea right! this went on for snother two weeks after going back in for a pressure test sleep study. Another week or so and IM calling and getting the typical Kaiser DAH I think you need to speak to...........
Finally after about two months I get an appointment at Apria, get the machine (now I need a bipap) pay them 40 bucks and go home with my new machine, get a bill in the mail from apria the next month for 40 bucks, call Kaiser and they tell me its the bill for my 20%, FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!
So I go the web site that Boatsnblondes gave us (THANKS DUDE..) and find the same machine for 1299.00 no tax no shipping.
IM now getting the runaround bullshit from Kaiser about giving me a copy on my prescription, Yea KAISER SUCKS.....
Ill let you guys know how it turns out, I told Kaiser I want them to reimburse me for the 80% of the machine, that was better than A FART IN CHURCH!!!

DCBob
11-22-2006, 03:00 PM
I have Kaiser and my Dr. recomended I take the sleep study last year and I never went in.. To be honest I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Every since I was a teenager I could sleep honestly for 18 hours straight and still be tired in the morning. I always thought I might have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or something, but honestly the symptoms I have read almost identical to what others have mentioned in this thread. I've literally fallen asleep when people are talking to me before (in the past). It's kind of strange but if I get really trashed out at the river, and sleep for 6 hours I'll feel more awake the next day then I do if I sleep 10 - 12 hours at home.. Not sure if drinking heavily maybe helps you sleep deeper or something?
I'm going to make an appointment with the sleep center right after thanksgiving becuase alot of what was written on here read to me exactly like I would've wrote it. I snore loudly, my g/f complains that I stop breathing in my sleep sometimes, etc.. etc..
RD
RD, it sure sounds like ya got all the symptoms of SA. When you drink and sleep it probably slows everything down enough to make it tolerable and you feel like you've had a decent nights sleep, I got the same results taking Ambin. But the truth is it sounds like you're a candidate for a C-PAP. Its kinda cool to have a ***boat support group. Good luck

boatnam2
11-22-2006, 03:08 PM
RD, it sure sounds like ya got all the symptoms of SA. When you drink and sleep it probably slows everything down enough to make it tolerable and you feel like you've had a decent nights sleep, I got the same results taking Ambin. But the truth is it sounds like you're a candidate for a C-PAP. Its kinda cool to have a ***boat support group. Good luck
is ambin prescribed?i need to figure something out also i dont think i need a C-PAP I dont snore or have symptoms od SA.I do work rotating 12 hour shift and thing that is a big cause i also think my weight has alot to do with it.doctor would not prescribe medication told me it was to addicting even after i told him i only sleep maybe 3 hours off of graveyards.i need to figure something out may try another doctor.

boatsnblondes
11-22-2006, 03:40 PM
RD, good choice...best to make sure you aren't dealing with it. That said, you need to get into a GP first, have him prescribe it, then his office will set the appt. not sure that you can just walk in to a sleep center for the test....hope this helps...don't procrastinate on this one...

OCMerrill
11-22-2006, 05:01 PM
RD, good choice...best to make sure you aren't dealing with it. That said, you need to get into a GP first, have him prescribe it, then his office will set the appt. not sure that you can just walk in to a sleep center for the test....hope this helps...don't procrastinate on this one...
Doc needs to send you...it's like $2k for both study and titration setup on round two once diagnosed. Better to have the ins. pay unless it drags on.

Baja Big Dog
11-22-2006, 06:28 PM
This is getting fun, I called Kaiser today for the prescription and after three phone calls and entering my medical record number 287 times I got someone that was going to look into me purchasing the machine. I told her to do the math, at $785 a month, thats $3140 Apria has made off this machine in 4 months, with a potential $9420 in a year (or a Rhino!), or a Conquest in 10 years!!!!. Was sopposed to get a call back with a couple of hours and guess what, NO CALL!!!
Called the place B n B gave us and they are way cool. They confirmed the Bipap they offer is the same one I am using. Get them a prescription and they ship it that day.
By law Kaiser has to supply the prescription to the company authorized to issue machines. :yuk:
Again Kasiser sucks!!!

BiggusJimbus
11-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Man, that sucks.
I'm glad I haven't had that kind of problems with Kaiser. I, unfortunately, do enough business with them that having to hassle that much with one problem would piss me off no end as well.
Maybe it's different in SoCal. I suspect the services are much more heavily burdened down "Near the Border" as they are up here.

boatsnblondes
11-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Jim, I'm doing the same thing....am waiting for apria here to get it worked out, otherwise i am going to order a second "Traveling machine" to ake on the train with me when I head out of town.If Apria does not get it together, I already have the prescription here at the house, i will call the guy back who I listed and have it overnighted....I hope you get it all worked out...seems to me like in the long run...it's easier to own them outright than to play ins. co.'s games...

In2Deep
11-23-2006, 06:15 AM
Great thread. I'm one of those here who got diagnosed (over a year ago), tried the CPAP for a week, couldn't get used to the mask (over the nose type), and blew it off.
Thanks to this thread, I'm trying again.
I2D.

boatsnblondes
11-23-2006, 08:24 AM
I2D....take a look back into this thread..I posted a link to the kind of mask I and others on here use.....called "nasal pillows"...MUCH more comfortable, I hated the mask and ripped it off all the time for quite a while...the pillows are barely noticable......

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Great thread. I'm one of those here who got diagnosed (over a year ago), tried the CPAP for a week, couldn't get used to the mask (over the nose type), and blew it off.
Thanks to this thread, I'm trying again.
I2D.
See there is some good around here!!

RitcheyRch
11-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm going to look into these.
I2D....take a look back into this thread..I posted a link to the kind of mask I and others on here use.....called "nasal pillows"...MUCH more comfortable, I hated the mask and ripped it off all the time for quite a while...the pillows are barely noticable......

RitcheyRch
12-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Received my results from the doctor. It appears I stop breathing about 8 times per hour and stopped breathing anywhere from 11 seconds up to 60 seconds. They recommend me to get a CPAP machine and have it set at 7 PSI

OCMerrill
12-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Received my results from the doctor. It appears I stop breathing about 8 times per hour and stopped breathing anywhere from 11 seconds up to 60 seconds. They recommend me to get a CPAP machine and have it set at 7 PSI
Did they give you your pulse/ox info? How high was the rate and how low was the oxygen saturation?
Also 7 in of water is a good starting point and very tolerable for the newbie. Just pushed mine up last Friday to 13. :mad:

echo
12-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Great thread, Thanks.Now looking forward to reading how you guys are upgrading C-Pap machines.

boatsnblondes
12-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Glad to hear you got the machine....7 pounds ain't nothing considering that they go up as high as 30-40...you'll be fine...60 seconds is a long time for no air....

RitcheyRch
12-02-2006, 05:05 PM
My O2 level didnt drop below 90%. Resting O2 level was 94%
Did they give you your pulse/ox info? How high was the rate and how low was the oxygen saturation?
Also 7 in of water is a good starting point and very tolerable for the newbie. Just pushed mine up last Friday to 13. :mad:
I didnt get the machine yet. I just received the report from my doctor. Hoping to get the machine next week.
Glad to hear you got the machine....7 pounds ain't nothing considering that they go up as high as 30-40...you'll be fine...60 seconds is a long time for no air....

rrrr
12-02-2006, 07:14 PM
I was sposed to get my machine and do a Thursday night deal at the clinic for baselining it.....it was cancelled, we had a major winter storm........2" snow. :D
Fawkin' people around here go comatose when it gets below freezing. :crossx:
Edit: BTW I have been effing exhausted for months, came home from work Thursday, went to bed at 5 PM, got up at 8 AM tired. Yesterday went to bed 9PM got up at 8 AM really tired. Got up today at 7:30 AM, went back to bed at 11 AM and slept til 4 PM.
I'm really hoping this helps, I'm dying from lack of good sleep..... :rolleyes:

4trax
12-02-2006, 07:19 PM
That's exactly what I had done and never regret it one bit. AWESOME!

4trax
12-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Straightened my nose out also I think the Doc called a deveaited syptom (spelling) To many fights when I was younger. Abnormally large tonsils,adnoids and abnormally small air way. So they removed all of it. Removed that little bag in the back of your throat and carved my throat out larger. NO more CPAP machine for me. Mine was emergency surgery I was only at the sleep center 1 1/2 hrs was suppose to be there for 6. They woke me and sent me home said they had way more then enough info. Very bad Doc. will call me in AM. sent me home with cpap machine 3 Days later I was under the knife. Get the surgery WAAAAAAY better then CPAP machine!

RitcheyRch
12-03-2006, 08:15 AM
I am the same way. Can get 15 hours of sleep and get up for a few hours and go back to bed. Sure hope the machine eliminates that,
I dont have to go in for a baseline since they did it when was being tested the first time.
I was sposed to get my machine and do a Thursday night deal at the clinic for baselining it.....it was cancelled, we had a major winter storm........2" snow. :D
Fawkin' people around here go comatose when it gets below freezing. :crossx:
Edit: BTW I have been effing exhausted for months, came home from work Thursday, went to bed at 5 PM, got up at 8 AM tired. Yesterday went to bed 9PM got up at 8 AM really tired. Got up today at 7:30 AM, went back to bed at 11 AM and slept til 4 PM.
I'm really hoping this helps, I'm dying from lack of good sleep..... :rolleyes:
I bet that surgery was painful. I asked my doctor about this and he said they only recommend on sever cases of Sleep Apnea and said in some cases can make the apnea worse.
Straightened my nose out also I think the Doc called a deveaited syptom (spelling) To many fights when I was younger. Abnormally large tonsils,adnoids and abnormally small air way. So they removed all of it. Removed that little bag in the back of your throat and carved my throat out larger. NO more CPAP machine for me. Mine was emergency surgery I was only at the sleep center 1 1/2 hrs was suppose to be there for 6. They woke me and sent me home said they had way more then enough info. Very bad Doc. will call me in AM. sent me home with cpap machine 3 Days later I was under the knife. Get the surgery WAAAAAAY better then CPAP machine!

OCMerrill
12-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I am the same way. Can get 15 hours of sleep and get up for a few hours and go back to bed. Sure hope the machine eliminates that,
I dont have to go in for a baseline since they did it when was being tested the first time.
I bet that surgery was painful. I asked my doctor about this and he said they only recommend on sever cases of Sleep Apnea and said in some cases can make the apnea worse.
One of the property mangers that feed me a bunch of work had that surgery done. He said the recovery was ROUGH and a year later back to the same issue.
My wife heard me snoring in my mask just recently, hence my increase in pressure.
And the quality of sleep is like none other. I can now go to bed at midnight and up at 6:00 feeling great (or as good as a 40 year old can feel I guess)

RitcheyRch
12-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Do you need to see the doctor to get an increase in pressure?
One of the property mangers that feed me a bunch of work had that surgery done. He said the recovery was ROUGH and a year later back to the same issue.
My wife heard me snoring in my mask just recently, hence my increase in pressure.
And the quality of sleep is like none other. I can now go to bed at midnight and up at 6:00 feeling great (or as good as a 40 year old can feel I guess)

OCMerrill
12-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I went to have my routine bloodwork done and mentioned the light snoring in the mask. Doc said we will up your pressure a bit.
I made the adjustment to his recomendation because I know how on this current machine. My insurance has changed sense originally diagnosed. Every time the sellers of the first machine came out it was $$$ and my insurance would pay. Now we have a large ($4500) yearly deductable so I will do what I can to avoid it.
Self doctoring is what I recommend against. You can over Titrate yourself and cause unecessary pressure on your lungs and heart. Still a pretty low number I am using. I know a few guys in the low 20's. Thats ear blowing pressure if you ask me.
Don't worry much about all this. Just get started and let the process work. 7 is easy to get used to.
I keep my old machine in the motorhome for river trips and the like. Don't want to sleep w/o it.

RitcheyRch
12-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm just waiting to hear from the medical company that supplies the CPAP Machines. I might call them tomorrow to get a rush on the machine.
I went to have my routine bloodwork done and mentioned the light snoring in the mask. Doc said we will up your pressure a bit.
I made the adjustment to his recomendation because I know how on this current machine. My insurance has changed sense originally diagnosed. Every time the sellers of the first machine came out it was $$$ and my insurance would pay. Now we have a large ($4500) yearly deductable so I will do what I can to avoid it.
Self doctoring is what I recommend against. You can over Titrate yourself and cause unecessary pressure on your lungs and heart. Still a pretty low number I am using. I know a few guys in the low 20's. Thats ear blowing pressure if you ask me.
Don't worry much about all this. Just get started and let the process work. 7 is easy to get used to.
I keep my old machine in the motorhome for river trips and the like. Don't want to sleep w/o it.

Cheyenne372
12-04-2006, 04:46 AM
I've had my CPAP for 6 months and use it every night. Currently set at 8 (out of a possible 15)
I went in to the place where I got my machine (Praxair) on Friday to get some new filters and they gave me a monitor that clips on your index finger.
I put it on last night and it records your oxygen levels and pulse rate. I was told to take the card out of my CPAP and bring it in when I take the monitor back today and they will download the data and make changes if needed.

Warlockjer
12-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Hey Ritchey, if you start sleeping more your post count will really SLOW down :) :)

RitcheyRch
12-04-2006, 05:02 AM
Didnt realize they had that on the CPAP machines.
I've had my CPAP for 6 months and use it every night. Currently set at 8 (out of a possible 15)
I went in to the place where I got my machine (Praxair) on Friday to get some new filters and they gave me a monitor that clips on your index finger.
I put it on last night and it records your oxygen levels and pulse rate. I was told to take the card out of my CPAP and bring it in when I take the monitor back today and they will download the data and make changes if needed.

RitcheyRch
12-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Called the medical supply company that supplies the CPAP machines. They said my medical insurance company will not pay for mine since dont have enough "non-breathing events" through the night. Unfreakingbelievable.

DCBob
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
This is getting fun, I called Kaiser today for the prescription and after three phone calls and entering my medical record number 287 times I got someone that was going to look into me purchasing the machine. I told her to do the math, at $785 a month, thats $3140 Apria has made off this machine in 4 months, with a potential $9420 in a year (or a Rhino!), or a Conquest in 10 years!!!!. Was sopposed to get a call back with a couple of hours and guess what, NO CALL!!!
Called the place B n B gave us and they are way cool. They confirmed the Bipap they offer is the same one I am using. Get them a prescription and they ship it that day.
By law Kaiser has to supply the prescription to the company authorized to issue machines. :yuk:
Again Kasiser sucks!!!
Got a Bi-PAP last week. What a fockin difference between that and the CPAP (made me feel like my eyes were blowing out of my head) I'm actually keeping the thing on all night now. We'll see how it works out once I get used to it.

LagWagon
12-04-2006, 02:38 PM
F.Y.I. contact your local electric company and advise them that you have a cpap machine and you would like to apply for "Medical Baseline". They will send you a form to have your dr. fill out and mail back. Medical Baseline will give you additional baseline allocation, which is what your lowest billing rate is billed at. Good Luck with your cpap machine!

RitcheyRch
12-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Excellent info and thanks.
F.Y.I. contact your local electric company and advise them that you have a cpap machine and you would like to apply for "Medical Baseline". They will send you a form to have your dr. fill out and mail back. Medical Baseline will give you additional baseline allocation, which is what your lowest billing rate is billed at. Good Luck with your cpap machine!

Baja Big Dog
12-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Got a Bi-PAP last week. What a fockin difference between that and the CPAP (made me feel like my eyes were blowing out of my head) I'm actually keeping the thing on all night now. We'll see how it works out once I get used to it.
DCB..Sounds like the running pressure is too high, talk to the medical people that you got the machine from, if our has the ramp (I think most bi-pap do) I found that I had to bypass the ramp as I was starved for air when it started.
Some machine have a memory card slot that will record the in and out values of pressure.
Kaiser still sucks, I wish someone from Kaiser's managment staff were on this site, I would like to talk tothem and tell them they suck.................

Mattman
12-04-2006, 05:36 PM
What's the dealio with the Bi-Pap? First I have heard of it.

Mattman
12-05-2006, 07:20 AM
bump

RitcheyRch
12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
I think the Bi-PAP machine starts out with little or no pressure and builds up to the pressure you need where the CPAP is constant air pressure.

Baja Big Dog
12-05-2006, 10:08 AM
The Bi- pap is simular to c-pap but it will relieve pressure when you exhale, because the pressures are too high to breath through the supplied air. It is usually for us "hardcore" apnea folks. The pressures generally run higher than the c-pap, I think mines at 17 lbs. Most of the Bi-Pap's have the ramping feature that gradually increases the pressure to avoid a sudden blast of high pressure, its hard to get used to, I bypasss mine as it makes you feel starved for air while its ramping. (its about a 3-5 minute process).
This gettin old sheit sucks, the price you pay when you are blessed with a 12" dork........................... :cry:

HALLETT240
12-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Just got tested and got my machine last night, 10 psi, first time in years i slept on my back all night long without tossing and turning. In fact only had to get up once to piss, instead of 2-3 times. So far so good.

RitcheyRch
12-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm sure looking forward to getting my machine so can finally get a good nights sleep. Should know more tomorrow since sounds like Blue Cross isnt going to pay for mine.

Baja Big Dog
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm sure looking forward to getting my machine so can finally get a good nights sleep. Should know more tomorrow since sounds like Blue Cross isnt going to pay for mine.
Ritchey..that sucks, call the customer service group and tell them that you want in writing that you dont have enough medical reasons to justify using the machine, make them tell you that you DONT need to use the machine, in writing. Scum bag low life insurance compnies, just be glad you dont have Kaiser, if you press blue cross enough you can get what you need, its diff with the low lifes at Kaiser...Kaiser sucks............

OCMerrill
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
That sucks.
Insurance...dictating who gets treatment and who does not. :mad: The DOCTOR should be the one calling the shots. Not the case anymore.
I have an extra Rem Master machine (1 1/2 years old) but it takes one of those re-seller companies to plug into it to adjust the pressure. That makes the machine hard to tweak without spending $$. At any rate I could part with it but you should call around to see who would be willing to adjust the pressure for you. Its set at 11 right now.
PM me if I can help.

RitcheyRch
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
BBD, have called and e-mailed them. They claim that I dont meet the minium number (15) of "non-breathing" moments per night.
The medical company said they would rent the machine to me for about $150 per month.
My gf works with someone that works with a sleep center on weekends and she said she can get me the machine for her cost which is about $800-900. So, looks like might be going this route but wont know for sure until tomorrow.
Ritchey..that sucks, call the customer service group and tell them that you want in writing that you dont have enough medical reasons to justify using the machine, make them tell you that you DONT need to use the machine, in writing. Scum bag low life insurance compnies, just be glad you dont have Kaiser, if you press blue cross enough you can get what you need, its diff with the low lifes at Kaiser...Kaiser sucks............
Thanks for the offer. I will let you know tomorrow once find out more info from my gf co-worker.
That sucks.
Insurance...dictating who gets treatment and who does not. :mad: The DOCTOR should be the one calling the shots. Not the case anymore.
I have an extra Rem Master machine (1 1/2 years old) but it takes one of those re-seller companies to plug into it to adjust the pressure. That makes the machine hard to tweak without spending $$. At any rate I could part with it but you should call around to see who would be willing to adjust the pressure for you. Its set at 11 right now.
PM me if I can help.

eliminatedsprinter
12-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Thought I might have it, but it was just my wife with a pillow. :wink:

ramsfan
12-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I have between 10 to 15 thousand tied up in my BIPAP S/T machine and have tried two different masks and prefer the full face mask, the other forced air out my mouth and dried my throat bad. I have had it for over 2 1/2 months and finally got used to it last week. I learned a trick, I slept on the couch for 3 days with it so I couldnt roll around and didnt take it off once. now I wake up and it is still on and feel better in the mornings. before I would rip it off sometime in the night and not know till I woke up the next morning. I wish I had insurance to help on the cost but it didnt happen. My doctor said I have a deeper issue then just normal SA, I stop breathing when I am still awake sometimes also. my machine actually does the breathing for me depending on the settings I put it on, how long without a breath and such(10 pds in 15pds out).I tried using it when I sat in my recliner and the alarm was going off continuously due to my not breathing. That was a wake up call for me considering the doctor said the lack of oxygen damages the heart and brain(my wife said, oh that explains alot; LOL) anyways sorry for the long post but thanks for this thread now I know I am not the only one, good to hear others are hearing this for the first time to and getting the proper help, Good luck to all and dont give up you will get past the odd feelings of the garbage on your face, and IT IS WORTH IT, It will save your life!!!!
Oh and I did luck out the place I got mine through is a catholic medical supply store and they have me bring in the card out of the machine to see what it reads, and the call the doctor and make any adjustments as needed, no extra cost to me (doctors visit :rolleyes: ) just to adjust the machine.

RitcheyRch
12-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Update. Received my CPAP machine this afternoon.

OCMerrill
12-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Update. Received my CPAP machine this afternoon.
Good. Then tomorrow you should be a well rested Hot Boat owner.
So did you get your Ins. to pop for anything?

talkinghead
12-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I have been using a CPAP for just over 3 years now and my life is much better as a result.
My first CPAP machine was a REMStar with c-flex set at 8. The c-flex feature reduces pressure as you exhale; I find that it's a great feature.
After about 2 years I went to an Auto RemStar w/c-flex.
An auto cpap will detect apnea events while in use and adjust the pressure as required. I find this to also be a great feature because sleep apnea is not always static - your sleep apnea may get worse or better without your knowledge.
BTW, apnea means "without wind or breath"
For persons just starting out with a CPAP, stick with it, more than likely using your cpap will become second nature.
I also bought a UPS for my cpap that sounds an alarm if the power went off.
For one thing if my cpap turns off while in use I will likely be breathing high concentrations of C02, which I have noticed increases my heart rate - that is also the reason I do no use the ramp up feature on my cpap.
Also, I keep my old cpap on hand as well as spare parts (my old masks, tubing etc..) in case of problems with my current cpap. Even one night without my cpap could turn out to be my last night.
One last thought: too many people consider sleep apnea to be *just* "snooring disease" and as a result do not take it seriously. A potentially fatal mistake.

DansBlown73Nordic
12-16-2006, 03:50 AM
I have been using a CPAP for about eight years. I had a heart problem back then. They figured out it was from Sleep Apnea. My heart rythem was all screwed up. I was in A fib. Since I got the machine I sleep like a Baby. I think of it like a TURBO CHARGER. :mix: :D

RitcheyRch
12-16-2006, 09:02 AM
I didnt use it all night since have a cold and was hard to breathe at times. Not sure if supposed to use it when have a cold and the whole runny nose thing going on.
The med supply company is billing the insurance company and waiting to see what happens. HOpefully they wont deny the claim. If they do we have a back-up plan.
Good. Then tomorrow you should be a well rested Hot Boat owner.
So did you get your Ins. to pop for anything?
They borught me the REMstar Plus with c-flex. My pressure is set at 7 and the c-flex if decide to use it is set at 5
I have been using a CPAP for just over 3 years now and my life is much better as a result.
My first CPAP machine was a REMStar with c-flex set at 8. The c-flex feature reduces pressure as you exhale; I find that it's a great feature.
After about 2 years I went to an Auto RemStar w/c-flex.
An auto cpap will detect apnea events while in use and adjust the pressure as required. I find this to also be a great feature because sleep apnea is not always static - your sleep apnea may get worse or better without your knowledge.
BTW, apnea means "without wind or breath"
For persons just starting out with a CPAP, stick with it, more than likely using your cpap will become second nature.
I also bought a UPS for my cpap that sounds an alarm if the power went off.
For one thing if my cpap turns off while in use I will likely be breathing high concentrations of C02, which I have noticed increases my heart rate - that is also the reason I do no use the ramp up feature on my cpap.
Also, I keep my old cpap on hand as well as spare parts (my old masks, tubing etc..) in case of problems with my current cpap. Even one night without my cpap could turn out to be my last night.
One last thought: too many people consider sleep apnea to be *just* "snooring disease" and as a result do not take it seriously. A potentially fatal mistake.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I have lost seven pounds and can tell the difference, or my wife can. The mouth piece is still awesome. You guys with those crazy machines should try one and see if it works too. Way easier. Mabe the insurance will cover that too.

boatsnblondes
12-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Great stories guys, just great. Keep them coming. Glad to hear that you guys are doing so much better with the machine. If you are struggling with the mask, THATS NORMAL. Keep at it, and soon, you won't notice it anymore....trust me, and have a Merry Christmas.

rrrr
12-17-2006, 06:17 AM
Just got home from staying the night at the sleep clinic again for the CPAP trial. I tried on a few masks, ended up going to sleep with the nasal pillows dealie.
It works great......woke up during the night and the mask really wasn't bothersome. I slept pretty well, except for all of the electrodes of course. Now all I need to do is see my doctor, get the machine, and GET SOME SLEEP! :sleeping: :sleeping: :D

RitcheyRch
12-17-2006, 08:15 AM
They did my CPAP trial the same night as my sleep study.
Just got home from staying the night at the sleep clinic again for the CPAP trial. I tried on a few masks, ended up going to sleep with the nasal pillows dealie.
It works great......woke up during the night and the mask really wasn't bothersome. I slept pretty well, except for all of the electrodes of course. Now all I need to do is see my doctor, get the machine, and GET SOME SLEEP! :sleeping: :sleeping: :D

TAF
06-26-2007, 05:23 AM
My CPAP has a 12 volt adapter cord, makes it's handy for road trips, camping, etc.
It helps to know there are others on the board with the same problem.
Been a few times I kinda felt like a cross between a leper and a geezer,
when I'd take my machine on overnighters at the lake.
I guess it's better to have your buddies tease you about being a grandpa,
than tease you about being dead (god knows they would, the bastards) :p
Maybe we can start a CPAP section on here :sleeping: :idea: :p :rollside:
get checked myself:sqeyes: :jawdrop: :idea:

TAF
06-26-2007, 05:26 AM
I didnt use it all night since have a cold and was hard to breathe at times. Not sure if supposed to use it when have a cold and the whole runny nose thing going on.
The med supply company is billing the insurance company and waiting to see what happens. HOpefully they wont deny the claim. If they do we have a back-up plan.
What kinda insurance did ya use?:idea: I might need to be tested:confused:

Mattman
06-26-2007, 05:51 AM
I've had mine for two years now. Don't go on any trips without it. Also keep extra stuff for it at the river house. Scary story though...last week woke up to fire engines and an ambulance in front of the house in the middle of the night. Talked to the neighbor's wife who said hubby stopped breathing in the middle of the night and went into full arrest. Medics brought him back but was in a coma. Thought it was an asthma attack. After all tests the doctors diagnosed sleep apnea. Just a few days ago he came out of the coma. My wife saw him walk to the mailbox and said he looked good!!!! Have yet to get the details from him but thank god he made it!!:)

rrrr
06-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Jeez that's scary......
Last weekend I took an overnight trip down to Austin with my buddy Randy to go flying in a friend's Stearman biplane, left my machine at home. Grabbed a motel room for the night, about 2 AM Randy wakes me up yelling my name....."Jesus fawkin' Christ, how is it possible for someone to snore that loud????"
:D :D
Guess I shoulda taken the box with me.....:idea:

a catered life
06-26-2007, 06:21 AM
looks like i will be going in for this test soon myself doctor mentioned it yesterday

OCMerrill
06-26-2007, 06:51 AM
looks like i will be going in for this test soon myself doctor mentioned it yesterday
If you have a problem there, what your about to go through will be worth it in the long run.
The study is no problem. They just glue tons of sensors to your head, microphones, breathing sensors, then ask you to fall asleep quick. Thats the hard part. Go to the study tired as that will help.
Many problems are associated with apena. I have had a mix of most the issues in other threads here (except for full arrest/coma:jawdrop: but felt that was next. I have many heart related issues which are now much better once I got decent sleep.

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Said it before, say it again, we have described enough symptoms of sleep Apnea, if you think you may be a candidate for this medical condition get your ass to the doctor.
Friends don't know how I could sleep with the mask on, I don't how I could sleep without one. The best sleep ever.
Most CPAP machines can operate on 12 volt if power is not available. I use the DPAP for higher pressures (running about 14lbs of boost!) and the 12 volt system is not available.
It didn't take a lot for me to get used to the machine, I noticed that when I fall asleep I normally wake up in the same position I was in when I went out, it usually takes me about 3 minutes after the machine kicks on.
Everyone will love you for getting the machine...
I have Kaiser, and they sucked, and it was expensive, I think I spent around $700 on mine.

Mattman
06-26-2007, 06:55 AM
We've talked about this before but won't hurt to mention again. Having extra lbs. around the ol' mid-section can be a contributing factor. Some of the guys on here have talked about their weight loss since being diagnosed and no longer have to use the device.

RitcheyRch
06-26-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm with Blue Cross Blue Shield
What kinda insurance did ya use?:idea: I might need to be tested:confused:

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 07:37 AM
We've talked about this before but won't hurt to mention again. Having extra lbs. around the ol' mid-section can be a contributing factor. Some of the guys on here have talked about their weight loss since being diagnosed and no longer have to use the device.
So true..in the process of classes for Gastric Bypass, at 450 lbs the medical decision ws make to get rid of the weight, and I talked to a few people that have seen a turn around with apnea after weight loss.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Mine is with California Care which is part of Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I get a new mask every 6 months for free. This lat time, lat week in fact, the RT left me two masks, the one I was using previously and one of the new onws that are just two little 'pillows' that rest right on your nostrils. Have not tried it out at night yet as when I tried it out during the day after the RT left it seems to be way louder than the more traditional mask. Now I just need to get off my very large ass and lose the weight.....No more Tommy Boy! :D

TAF
06-26-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't have them but if they cover it most others would. Either way, I've got to get it checked out. I'm not over wieght at all but snore like a train to the point I've woke myself many times. Maybe it wasn't the sound of snoring but the lack of oxegen?:( :confused: :idea:
I'm so thankful I stumbled across this thread trying to figure out who Cheyenne.... was?:idea: Suppose he's from TX from some of his other posts.
Maybe once I'm using it we can get a big HB pic taken of all us w/ our masks on at a lake :idea: :) :) :) . We could become the next Blue men or the cavemen?:sqeyes: :idea:

OCMerrill
06-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't have them but if they cover it most others would. Either way, I've got to get it checked out. I'm not over wieght at all but snore like a train to the point I've woke myself many times. Maybe it wasn't the sound of snoring but the lack of oxegen?:( :confused: :idea:
I'm so thankful I stumbled across this thread trying to figure out who Cheyenne.... was?:idea: Suppose he's from TX from some of his other posts.
Maybe once I'm using it we can get a big HB pic taken of all us w/ our masks on at a lake :idea: :) :) :) . We could become the next Blue men or the cavemen?:sqeyes: :idea:
That funny right there. A ***boat Cpap group shot.
I sleep with 14.5 and no ramp. I love that pressure push. Clears your nose out right quick.
Most inverters will run a Cpap no problem. Use mine in our RV on batts all the time.

RitcheyRch
06-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm not sure how my insurance company handles replacement masks. I need to try and use my machine more often.
Mine is with California Care which is part of Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I get a new mask every 6 months for free. This lat time, lat week in fact, the RT left me two masks, the one I was using previously and one of the new onws that are just two little 'pillows' that rest right on your nostrils. Have not tried it out at night yet as when I tried it out during the day after the RT left it seems to be way louder than the more traditional mask. Now I just need to get off my very large ass and lose the weight.....No more Tommy Boy! :D
I have that one as well and it makes the inside of my nose raw.
I don't have them but if they cover it most others would. Either way, I've got to get it checked out. I'm not over wieght at all but snore like a train to the point I've woke myself many times. Maybe it wasn't the sound of snoring but the lack of oxegen?
I'm so thankful I stumbled across this thread trying to figure out who Cheyenne.... was? Suppose he's from TX from some of his other posts.
Maybe once I'm using it we can get a big HB pic taken of all us w/ our masks on at a lake We could become the next Blue men or the cavemen?

Havasu_Dreamin
06-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Some people might find this site helpful:
CPAP.com (http://www.cpap.com/)

a catered life
06-26-2007, 07:53 AM
So true..in the process of classes for Gastric Bypass, at 450 lbs the medical decision ws make to get rid of the weight, and I talked to a few people that have seen a turn around with apnea after weight loss.
so are you going to do the btpass surgury...i have started some research on the process and thinking about it myself:idea:

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 08:32 AM
so are you going to do the btpass surgury...i have started some research on the process and thinking about it myself:idea:
Yea starting classes next week, it is a six month process through Kaiser, class once a week for weight classes and some type of protien powder diet, and they want you to loose 10% of your weight before surgery.
Do the research, its life changing surgery and it should be a last resort.
Banding is another route, not many insurances cover it because it is reversable, I know a few people that have "ate" through the lap band.

a catered life
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
yea i have talked to the doctor a lot and been to a few meeting with people that have done the surgury.....your right it is completely life altering but i'm up aganist a rock and need to lose the weigh....doctor scheduled me for the classes starting next month.....the bad part is i have kaiser also and their slow and tons of paperwork on everything

Celfesh
06-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Yea starting classes next week, it is a six month process through Kaiser, class once a week for weight classes and some type of protien powder diet, and they want you to loose 10% of your weight before surgery.
Do the research, its life changing surgery and it should be a last resort.
Banding is another route, not many insurances cover it because it is reversable, I know a few people that have "ate" through the lap band.
I had the surgery 3yrs ago and have not had any problems.
PM me if you have any questions.

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
yea i have talked to the doctor a lot and been to a few meeting with people that have done the surgury.....your right it is completely life altering but i'm up aganist a rock and need to lose the weigh....doctor scheduled me for the classes starting next month.....the bad part is i have kaiser also and their slow and tons of paperwork on everything
The paperwork and pre screening at Kaiser is unreal, it is obvious they would rather not do the surgery, but they are forced to by the competition IMO.
If yo have the surgery our gonna have to loose the recipe on your sig!!!!

Cheyenne372
06-26-2007, 06:41 PM
"...I'm so thankful I stumbled across this thread trying to figure out who Cheyenne.... was?:idea: Suppose he's from TX from some of his other posts..."
Did you need me for something?
BTW....still using mine every night and can really tell difference as to how I feel all day compared to before.

ursusarticus
06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
It can cause an enlarged heart and raise your blood pressure thats how it kills :jawdrop: you

Ryphraph
06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
I did one of those sleep studies...
I don't know how the decided I don't have it because I felt like I never got to sleep for more than 5 minutes.
One of the worst nights of my life.
Ryph

OCMerrill
06-26-2007, 08:18 PM
I did one of those sleep studies...
I don't know how the decided I don't have it because I felt like I never got to sleep for more than 5 minutes.
One of the worst nights of my life.
Ryph
Thats how mine went. Have to be worn out.:idea:

SFV2RVR
06-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I had sleep apnea, and then I got my tonsils taken out. No more sleep apnea. It was closing my throat at night when I would go to sleep, I guess because you are so relaxed, and I would stop breathing for like 1 minute sometimes. And wake up with some crazy headaches. No blood flow to the brain. All better now though!:D

a catered life
06-27-2007, 07:50 AM
It can cause an enlarged heart and raise your blood pressure thats how it kills :jawdrop: you
wow :sqeyes: how did you know?

WishIknew
06-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Have had one for 7 years "CAN NOT LIVE WITH OUT IT " hard to get used to but the best thing ever cpap 18%

marty722
06-28-2007, 09:10 AM
on july 18th can't wait as I always feel like crap when I wake up