PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Tinkerboater
01-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Why arn't the pictures coming up ? All I get is a box with an x in it.

riverliver
01-11-2002, 08:22 PM
It seems that some members are "picture chalanged", so as an early Christmas gift, here are some hints on how to post pictures:
1. Your pictures on your hard drive need to be formatted. All this means is that they shouldn't be any wider that 600 pixels. Ever see some of those pics that stretch the screen? They didn't take this step- very annoying.
2. The pictures need to be on a web server, so you need to find some free web server space. AOL has a "community" or "members" area to create your own webpage. Also, www.webshots.com (http://www.webshots.com) has some free picture posting areas. There are others. Go there, and follow the instructions to set up a page.
3. Once you have your web space, follow the instructions to upload the images off your hard drive. All this does is put them on a web server. Now, each picture has a "URL address". This is what you use to post on the boards.
4. To find the "URL address", place your mouse over the picture on the web, right click, and look for the "URL address". Copy this address. Actually, this will work for almost any picture you see on the internet. Very important- as a test, I usually copy and paste the "URL address" into my browser, just to make sure it will work- you should see just the picture on the screen. If it doesn’t work there, it won’t work in a post.
5. Now in your post, paste that "URL address". In order for the forum to recognize it as a picture, you now need to preceded it with "" and follow it with ""- no extra spaces.
This is how the smileys get into the posts- actually they are just little pictures. Also, all the "other" pictures are pulled off other websites. However, some don't allow "linking", which is what we are doing, so it won't appear.
You can always see how someone else typed in their post by clicking on “quote”.

Tinkerboater
01-12-2002, 01:42 PM
I learned how to post pictures with you guys help. The question is why don't some of the pictures show up while others do. The ones that don't show up have only a small square with an X. I know that the person post the picture knows how to do it because I have seen them post pictures before. Is it possible that the website hosting the picture removed it because of its content?

superdave013
01-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Mine are not showing up because they are hosted on webshots. Webshots is changing owners right now and also doing some changes. By next Monday all should be well.

Unchained
01-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Tinkerboater, I have a website. Email me your pictures and I'll Email you back the codes.

Tinkerboater
01-13-2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks Unchained - I have an account at webshots. Didn't know they were going through a change

Unchained
01-13-2002, 04:08 PM
Tinkerboater, My memory was just jogged to a time last fall when I was boating just north of Brower park and a guy in a big 34' boat [the size of your boat] pulled alongside with his foot in the carbs, I floored it and pulled way out ahead and then crossed over in front of the big boat to go to the park and a friend told me that I completely hosed down the big boat on the way by. Was that you?

Tinkerboater
01-14-2002, 05:35 PM
I don't remember getting hosed but it wouldnt bother me much if you did. I have had alot more water than your boat could put out come up my bow.(stuffed a wave at 80 mph) Yea I do hang out at hardy pond. Spend a lot of time at consumers beach (party cove) or up at the sand bar. Pull me over and say HI. (with my foot in the carbs) Hey I don't do that very often at hardy because of the patrols. Was I wakin the dead- You would have heard me. If you didnt I wasnt goin WOT. Top speed on the houseboat is 75 on smooth water.
[This message has been edited by Tinkerboater (edited January 14, 2002).]

Railton
01-21-2002, 07:23 PM
Is that "Webshots" site up yet?
I haven't been able to view anything posted as "Tikerboater" posted a while back.

flattie
01-21-2002, 08:18 PM
""http://community.webshots.com/user/rixalot""

Stab-n-Steer
01-22-2002, 06:33 AM
Flattie,
Take out the quotation marks and it should work...
S&S

LeE ss13
01-22-2002, 09:14 AM
I gave up with webshots and moved to
http://www.dotphoto.com/
Seems to work well.
http://fs9.dotphoto.com/MemberImages/223538/i7D889431-2BEA-4EA3-98EE-8323C174E810.jpg
--------
LeE ss13

Railton
01-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Like a charm!