PDA

View Full Version : You Ballers with Rhino's make me laugh....SERIOUSLY....

wsuwrhr
11-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I mean sometimes you JUST HAVE TO SHAKE YOUR HEAD in disbelief.
I can't imagine a guy wanting to fork out 10 large for a base Rhino, ANOTHER 10 large on a custom cage, aftermarket body, trick paint, nice seats, rear bench, trick arms, custom shocks, and and and, you get the picture.
THEN, after all that, of course you have to have GO with your SHOW, so you take it to a shop for some real power.
You ask for a top end set on kill, the best, you get the best, the shop TELLS you this motor is set on kill, race gas only, just like you asked. Big bore, high compression, nice portwork, cam, springs, the whole 10 yards.
You take your bitchen Rhino out to the dunes, paddles on all corners, no expense spared, nice trailer, truck, a true baller.
You smoke your bitchen ass Rhino the first weekend out, the first time out. You take it back to the shop who worked on your shizzzz, on Monday morning, ALL PISSED OFF, wanting heads to roll.
The shop gets to work right away on it, they don't build bombs and they stand behind their work, accidents happen right?
The motor comes apart nicely, everything looks good on the valvetrain, upper end of the motor, take the head off, lengthly detonation is easily evident, so evident, a blind man with no fingers to touch or feel could see it. Ring lands broken/missing, the top ring can be easily seen. Take the cylinder off, and the bottom of the piston is black, wrist pin bore is galled/black also, somehow the small end of the rod is serviceable. Skirt is cracked, galled. That was about it.
You politely call the custumer for some information. You find out he didn't put RACE GAS in it because he found out it was too expensive for this trip. Figured he would run it on PUMP GAS this trip and when they went out again after the holidays he would buy the more expensive gas.
The guy had to burn $2-3 a gallon diesel/gasoline on the way to and from, what, probably $200, and you can't afford to pay $70 or so for 10 gallons of race gas for the Rhino you just spent 20 large on building?
Sometimes you ballers make me laugh.
Unbelieveable.
Brian

riverroyal
11-17-2006, 08:26 PM
you work at a shop building motors?

beerjet
11-17-2006, 08:28 PM
money dont buy you brains . Just some real cool shit.

wsuwrhr
11-17-2006, 08:30 PM
you work at a shop building motors?
I do CNC setup/programming at a shop that does ATV work.
The story was just too funny not to share.
It was so funny to hear the guy come in to the shop all on fire, to hear about the nut swinging by the same guy after he found out WHY his Rhino turned into a peice of shit.
Brian

riverroyal
11-17-2006, 08:31 PM
If he burned 10 gallons its about another 30$.Good for the econony.Build another $5000 motor

wsuwrhr
11-17-2006, 08:33 PM
12-14:1 compression DOES NOT work with pump gas at all.
Just thought you guys should know, just in case you try this trick on your own.
Brian

riverroyal
11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
great

socalmoney
11-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Ballers make the world go round. If they weren't out spending ridiculous amounts of money on stupid stuff, a lot of you would be out of work and short on business ideas. People who have more money than sense employee a lot of people.

wsuwrhr
11-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Ballers make the world go round. If they weren't out spending ridiculous amounts of money on stupid stuff, a lot of you would be out of work and short on business ideas. People who have more money than sense employee a lot of people.
I wasn't complaining, I just thought I would share.
I never said a person with dollars had any cents.
Brian

Troy McClure
11-17-2006, 08:47 PM
WHAT? You might want to rethink that.
Essentially, you're saying that only rich people (ballers) make and spend money.
Try again guy.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Riverkid
11-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Race gas smells great
Classic :D :D :D

dmontzsta
11-17-2006, 10:29 PM
The rhino is just another yuppie toy, that everyone wants, cause it is what everyone has...like the 22s... :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
11-17-2006, 10:30 PM
I bet sales would drop like a rock if they saw the pic of the guy that got his hand cuaght in the role cage.

Ziggy
11-17-2006, 10:37 PM
plus, race gas smells great
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... :p

socalmoney
11-17-2006, 11:28 PM
WHAT? You might want to rethink that.
Essentially, you're saying that only rich people (ballers) make and spend money.
Try again guy.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Thats isn't what I was getting at. What I was trying to say is If I came up with an idea to start manufacturing BBQs that resembled some highly sought after toy and they cost 10k to buy, do you think I will be selling those to the general public. No, I would be selling them to ballers. Look around. There are so many business models like that. Create a product that everyone wants but only ballers can afford. It is nothing new and it isn't going away any time soon. Hope that clears it up for you Troy.

socalmoney
11-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I wasn't complaining, I just thought I would share.
I never said a person with dollars had any cents.
Brian
I didn't take it as a complaint. Although my post may have sounded as if it did. I would say many are lucky there are ballers in the world.

Forkin' Crazy
11-17-2006, 11:33 PM
money dont buy you brains . Just some real cool shit.
And nice looking women!!!! :crossx:
But then, I really don't consider a glorified golf cart "cool shit", but each to his own!!!! :rollside:

wsuwrhr
11-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Keepin' the ballers in the limelight

Blown 472
11-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Keepin' the ballers in the limelight
Word, keeping tha trendy shit on the down low.

djunkie
11-18-2006, 12:19 PM
The rhino is just another yuppie toy, that everyone wants, cause it is what everyone has...like the 22s... :crossx:
Just cause you don't have one or may not be into it, don't knock us who do have and are having a blast with them. Ignorance is great on this site.

djunkie
11-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Haters. So what if you don't like them. I think this thing is just as much fun as my boat. And a hell of a lot cheaper too.

SnoopJonnyJon
11-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I'd rather have a Yamaha Banshee. :cool:

Forkin' Crazy
11-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Haters. So what if you don't like them. I think this thing is just as much fun as my boat. And a hell of a lot cheaper too.
Haters... Just cause I don't have one? :idea:
As much fun as your boat? :eek: Sounds like you need a newer, faster boat!!!! ;)

Forkin' Crazy
11-18-2006, 03:08 PM
or Raptor, or Warrior. :cool:
I bet we could have as much fun in your IH Scout, just might need to fill it full of beer first!!! :crossx:

hoolign
11-18-2006, 04:23 PM
I can't imagine a guy wanting to fork out 10 large for a base Rhino, ANOTHER 10 large on a custom cage, aftermarket body, trick paint, nice seats, rear bench, trick arms, custom shocks, and and and, you get the picture.
THEN, after all that, of course you have to have GO with your SHOW, so you take it to a shop for some real power.
You ask for a top end set on kill, the best, you get the best, the shop TELLS you this motor is set on kill, race gas only, just like you asked. Big bore, high compression, nice portwork, cam, springs, the whole 10 yards.
You take your bitchen Rhino out to the dunes, paddles on all corners, no expense spared, nice trailer, truck, a true baller.
You smoke your bitchen ass Rhino the first weekend out, the first time out. You take it back to the shop who worked on your shizzzz, on Monday morning, ALL PISSED OFF, wanting heads to roll.
The shop gets to work right away on it, they don't build bombs and they stand behind their work, accidents happen right?
The motor comes apart nicely, everything looks good on the valvetrain, upper end of the motor, take the head off, lengthly detonation is easily evident, so evident, a blind man with no fingers to touch or feel could see it. Ring lands broken/missing, the top ring can be easily seen. Take the cylinder off, and the bottom of the piston is black, wrist pin bore is galled/black also, somehow the small end of the rod is serviceable. Skirt is cracked, galled. That was about it.
You politely call the custumer for some information. You find out he didn't put RACE GAS in it because he found out it was too expensive for this trip. Figured he would run it on PUMP GAS this trip and when they went out again after the holidays he would buy the more expensive gas.
The guy had to burn $2-3 a gallon diesel/gasoline on the way to and from, what, probably $200, and you can't afford to pay $70 or so for 10 gallons of race gas for the Rhino you just spent 20 large on building?
Unbelieveable.
Brian
I'll take my 1990 8x8 Argo over those any day of the year.. and go more places, haul more stuff, use in any weather!..oh did I mention the 5 K I paid - with tracks, canopy, winch and heater! :D that's the part I like best.

vee-driven
11-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Unbelieveable.
Brian
haha, sounds just like my friends sand flea, uh i mean rhino, but he put race gas in it and it blew up.

BreastManWins
11-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Friggin' ballers. Spend tons of money on stuff to look cool and then they're the cheapest mfers around on the upkeep. You see it all the time. They buy Ferraris or whatever and then bitch about the cost of tires or service. They buy all kinds of stuff and can't operate it or take care of it. Worst of all is they cheap out on anything related to the toys - they're posers and their only value is they entertain the rest of us who work for what we have.

Troy McClure
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Thats isn't what I was getting at. What I was trying to say is If I came up with an idea to start manufacturing BBQs that resembled some highly sought after toy and they cost 10k to buy, do you think I will be selling those to the general public. No, I would be selling them to ballers. Look around. There are so many business models like that. Create a product that everyone wants but only ballers can afford. It is nothing new and it isn't going away any time soon. Hope that clears it up for you Troy.
Really? Name one whose company is in any of the "Lists" (Forbes, Inc. etc.) I can name one that has just the opposite business model that has three (or four?) founding family members on the Forbes list at least. Not to mention Billionaire status.

Troy McClure
11-27-2006, 03:45 PM
OH, and Delorean (sp?) doesn't count, I wasn't talking about FBI lists and the like. :)

Jetaholic
11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Friggin' ballers. Spend tons of money on stuff to look cool and then they're the cheapest mfers around on the upkeep. You see it all the time. They buy Ferraris or whatever and then bitch about the cost of tires or service. They buy all kinds of stuff and can't operate it or take care of it. Worst of all is they cheap out on anything related to the toys - they're posers and their only value is they entertain the rest of us who work for what we have.
It isn't that they don't want to maintain their stuff or that they want to be cheap...they just spent every penny they have on buying the thing that there ain't much left for the maintenance. Remember, having expensive toys is not a sign that you HAVE money, it's just a sign that you HAD money at one point in time.:crossx:

3 daytona`s
11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
It isn't that they don't want to maintain their stuff or that they want to be cheap...they just spent every penny they have on buying the thing that there ain't much left for the maintenance. Remember, having expensive toys is not a sign that you HAVE money, it's just a sign that you HAD money at one point in time.:crossx:
MONEY OR CREDIT :idea:

Jetaholic
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
MONEY OR CREDIT :idea:
Uh...oh yeah. Didn't think of that one.

VEGASBABY
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
MONEY OR CREDIT :idea:More like equity!

CornWater
11-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Please tell me you guys have something better to do than worry about how other people spend their money, and how much of it they have....
:rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
hey hey hey hey, easy on the 22's :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-27-2006, 06:20 PM
I run a 13-1 motor in my boat. People always ask me "Isnt the gas too exspensive". I tell them(with a huge smile). How can you put a price tag on the ammount of fun that you can have? If your having fun then why bitch about the costs? So what if its and extra $1. I only hold 25 gallons of fuel. Do the math.....
$25 for better/cleaner fuel= waaaaay more horsepower!!!!!!
Hp=Fun in my book;)

3 daytona`s
11-27-2006, 07:36 PM
More like equity!
I`ll tell you something TURBO the jury is out on that as we speak. :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I`ll tell you something TURBO the jury is out on that as we speak. :idea:
he said TURBO LMFAO:D

havaduner
11-27-2006, 08:54 PM
A Banshee, come on dude, buy something from this century! :crossx:

wsuwrhr
11-27-2006, 08:55 PM
A Banshee, come on dude, buy something from this century! :crossx:
Hey be nice. Sometimes the newest shit isn't the greatest shit.
Brian

havaduner
11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Brian
Yeah, I know, but a Banshee wasnt the shit when it was new!

hoolign
11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Brian
Huh? If it aint better than the last one posted ..its gotta be crap!..this IS HB ..wake up! :crossx:

wsuwrhr
11-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I know, but a Banshee wasnt the shit when it was new!
OHHHHHHHHHHH I got some bad news about that........
Brian

VEGASBABY
11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
he said TURBO LMFAO:DI least he thinks Im fast! :boxed:

hoolign
11-27-2006, 09:29 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHH I got some bad news about that........
Brian
My Banshee was a blast! Next we're gonna hear that the Honda 250 R trikes were crap :p

Magic34
11-27-2006, 10:14 PM
I'll take my 1990 8x8 Argo over those any day of the year.. and go more places, haul more stuff, use in any weather!..oh did I mention the 5 K I paid - with tracks, canopy, winch and heater! :D that's the part I like best.
There is a killer biz there. Bring that thing down to Glamis and charge $20 to pull stuck trucks out.
I guess there was a guy doing that last weekend with some snow plow type thing. From what I understand the tracks were a few feet wide.
Seriously, people would pay $100 to get their rig unstuck easily. You could make $1000 a day minimium.
Hell, I'll buy your 8x8 for $6k. :D
On the trendy Rhino thing... I always loved riding my quad and when I got a golf cart my buddies told me that I would ride my quad less. I told them that wasnt going to happen. Well, I rode my quad less and was on the cart more.
So then I wasn't going to get a Rhino, but with the kid being safer in the back seat of the Rhino and it having more capability than the cart, I needed a Rhino. Once again, my friends said that I would hardly touch my quad.
Well, my last trip to the dunes 2 weeks ago, I brought both my Rhino and quad (Raptor 700R with mods) and I rode the quand for maybe a total of 45 minutes. I took it to the hill 2 times and the rest of the time in 3 days, I was on the Rhino.
They are really that fun, and when I told everyone they were worng, well, they were right, I drive the Rhino the most... By far.

wolfie
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
People who have more money than sense employee a lot of people.
Not always SoCal. Sometimes it's just called stupid dept to keep up with the Jones and pretend they have money.
Or maybe it sould read "People who have more money than sense keep a lot of people in business"!!!!

TRG
11-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Brian
Like a 69' HEMI Roadrunner!

TRG
11-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Im wanting to get into this, but im not gonna get deep into it!
EZ-GO golf carts are cool looking carts, and i've seen some really hook'd up ones at that! but i have to say that the Rhino desing team needs to be smacked right smack dab in the back of the head! i mean, the thing looks like two hummers rammed it!...one from the front, and the other from the rear i guess it has to be an aquired taste, but one to me that i dont think i can ever pallett!...but hey, to each his own,and Im paintin quite a few of them here lately!
:crossx:
Todd

edog_103
11-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Here's the best part.
After you port the heads, bump the compression to 20:1, bore the cylinders out 5" over, new crank, and bolt a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger on it. You would be lucky to hit 50mph.
I met a guy last week that's going to enter his into the Baja 1000. Good luck.

Froggystyle
11-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Here's the best part.
After you port the heads, bump the compression to 20:1, bore the cylinders out 5" over, new crank, and bolt a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger on it. You would be lucky to hit 50mph.
I met a guy last week that's going to enter his into the Baja 1000. Good luck.
Funny, since they do that stock with a CDI....

edog_103
11-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Funny, since they do that stock with a CDI....
That's what I hear. But every one I've seen on the GPS in Glamis hit a whopping 30mph in the sand.

Froggystyle
11-28-2006, 10:11 AM
That's what I hear. But every one I've seen on the GPS in Glamis hit a whopping 30mph in the sand.
Without a CDI (I haven't seen a broken engine in a Rhino without a CDI yet...) mine does about 45 on washboard roads.

edog_103
11-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Without a CDI (I haven't seen a broken engine in a Rhino without a CDI yet...) mine does about 45 on washboard roads.
Well I stand corrected.

ChumpChange
11-28-2006, 10:35 AM
and bolt a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger on it.
I went to high school with Bell's daughter. She got a supercharger on her Mustang for her 18th birthday. She always got to bring the coolest cars to school. When my freind took her to the Homecoming dance, he got to drive the F150 with the supercharged cobra engine.

SnoopJonnyJon
11-28-2006, 06:05 PM
My Banshee was a blast! Next we're gonna hear that the Honda 250 R trikes were crap :p
I always wanted a 250R trike.... instead I have the 350X 4 stroke :crossx:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/snoopjonnyjon/atc350X_2.jpg

wsuwrhr
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Like a 69' HEMI Roadrunner!
Are you off your meds again Toddski?
Brian

LUVNLIFE
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
People should just understand,,,,,,if you build a motor to run on race gas, you better run it on race gas. Anything else is just asking for probs. Build for what you can afford to run. :rolleyes: :rollside:

laveydayz
11-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Have never had the chance to drive a Rhino? Are they really that much fun for the dough. 20K with a few mods is spendy. Just curious.