PDA

View Full Version : who is building new hulls

derail
11-18-2006, 11:24 AM
has anyone compiled a list of new hull builders and there contact information phone numbers and or websites. I have been working in building a new engine for the past 2 1/2 years and we are almost done my builder is saying it should be 700+ HP we will know the exact HP in a month when we take it to the dyno . I am afraid my current 1975 southwind hull is too beat up to handel the new engine plus the fact that i hate my current hull I bought it from what was a good friend till he jerked me over on the sale and a few other things sorry to say i lost a good friend over the over priced pile of cracked up fiberglass and my golf cart returned torn apart in pieces in cardboard boxes . I am interested in any hull besides the Stelth.

sleekcrafter
11-18-2006, 11:39 AM
has anyone compiled a list of new hull builders and there contact information phone numbers and or websites. I have been working in building a new engine for the past 2 1/2 years and we are almost done my builder is saying it should be 700+ HP we will know the exact HP in a month when we take it to the dyno . I am afraid my current 1975 southwind hull is too beat up to handel the new engine plus the fact that i hate my current hull I bought it from what was a good friend till he jerked me over on the sale and a few other things sorry to say i lost a good friend over the over priced pile of cracked up fiberglass and my golf cart returned torn apart in pieces in cardboard boxes . I am interested in any hull besides the Stelth or anything out of that shop!
Look in the spam section, there is some one building Crusader tunnels, Wicked's are building gullwings, and a few others are producing some performance hulls. good luck

Ken F
11-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Get in touch with Duane at HTP. He sells the new Cheyennes, and some TX-19's
Has pictures on his site:
www.Hi-techperformance.com

Mr. Crusader 83
11-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Look in the spam section, there is some one building Crusader tunnels, Wicked's are building gullwings, and a few others are producing some performance hulls. good luck
who is building the crusader tunnels?

old rigger
11-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Hook up with Dave at SoCal Power, he's the man when it comes to setting up gullwings.
Here's a pic of his hull that he's selling and a link to his ad in the spam section. You'll not be sorry if you choose to work with him on a new hull. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126624&highlight=dave
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/141719GW.JPG

Rondane
11-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Get in touch with Duane at HTP. He sells the new Cheyennes, and some TX-19's
Has pictures on his site:
www.Hi-techperformance.com
I believe he asked whose BUILDING them....not selling them. Just cant help yourself can ya kenny? Let me swing with ya one time. SWING SWING. Why dont you refer him to ervin capps instead? He is the BUILDER of cheyennes now right? You bought yours from capps now right? Oh i remember you have me blocked so you can read this. :rolleyes: Dont forget the WARHAWK tunnels also. Hey derail...you said any hull besides the stealth....do you not like the stealth or did i just read it wrong?
My .02
rondane

derail
11-18-2006, 04:43 PM
It is not the stealth Hull itself they are good hulls I just wont spend my money in that direction for other reasons

sleekcrafter
11-18-2006, 05:15 PM
contact FASTJTBT, he is laying up the new hulls. You will find more info in the spam section. 951 760 5668

oknozelman
11-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Call DucesDad he has a new never riged 20' tunnel at a great price. I'd buy the thing but I have three boats and my wife would kill me!!

Aluminum Squirt
11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Buy an Aluminum Tunnel.......laugh at shallow water.......have an actual roll cage, not some dumb ass bars for speakers and wake boards. Mine goes upper 70's with 355HP, you do the math, yours will be fast-Aluminum Squirt
There are some sweet used ones here: http://www.jetboatracing.com/adds.htm
Or some brand new ones here:
http://www.outlaweagle.com/boatmodels.htm

Wicked Performance Boats
11-19-2006, 09:01 AM
If you give me a call, We'll give you a price for a hull !8ft gullwing and a 20 1/2 v-bottom. WPB 702-204-5035 Pat & Julie

Xerophobic
11-19-2006, 11:38 AM
We expect this boat to do about 105 with 723 HP.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3722Sharkwet.JPG
Call us I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
Cheers

78Southwind
11-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Got's to love them 21' Tunnels. :D
Do you have any more pictures of those aluminum 21’ tunnels? Put them up if you do.

Mr. Crusader 83
11-19-2006, 04:32 PM
If you give me a call, We'll give you a price for a hull !8ft gullwing and a 20 1/2 v-bottom. WPB 702-204-5035 Pat & Julie
do you have a 20 or 21 tunnel?

Wicked Performance Boats
11-19-2006, 05:57 PM
WE have one in the works. Stay tuned. WPB

Marty Gras
11-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Are you able to lay up hulls for other people? My former "partner" ripped me off and f'ed himself, because NOW I only have enough money to spend on my 1st new boat design. I don't want to go into OLD NEWS, but I really want to build all of my new designs. I don't want to be General Motors, I just want to build a few "really nice custom boats". If you are able and willing to do layup work, I am in the market. I will do the engineering of the structures, as I have experience. My brand name is in N.A.D.A. and my prices are in the top 5% for resale values. I don't use wood screws and my boats run well and last a very long time. PM me if interrested.

Xerophobic
11-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Lots of pics here 78South:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127798
Id suggest at the least calling me and getting the facts on this type of boat before you make your choice. When these boats break down there everyone will be wanting one.
Cheers
James
Outlaweagle manufacturing
403-347-4565

Mike D.
11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
It is not the stealth Hull itself they are good hulls I just wont spend my money in that direction for other reasons
Where are you located? if it where me i would want to go look and talk to the builder in person. I have had 2 boats layed up recently from 2 different builders one went so so and the last one has been perfect so far. trust me check them out first

DEL51
11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
who is building the crusader tunnels?
Scott in havasau built 2 excellent crusaders. Real nice stuff.

Rondo
11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Here is the new Crusader tunnel that was built for Bob F. Builder is Scott Kornowski in Lake Havasu, AZ. He is the tooler for one of the big name builders out there. He does these as a hobby. He has a 18' modified V bottom too. He built three tunnels and they are light and fast! Flawless Gel and glass work! Look him up! :cool:
Rondo

Rondo
11-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Here is the Crsader built for Mark T. Also built buy Scott K. in Lake Havasu.
This is a 95+mph boat!! :skull:

Cs19
11-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Tom peterson in Havasu is doing some very nice Placecrafts.

ss396
11-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Buy an Aluminum Tunnel.......laugh at shallow water.......have an actual roll cage, not some dumb ass bars for speakers and wake boards. Mine goes upper 70's with 355HP, you do the math, yours will be fast-Aluminum Squirt
There are some sweet used ones here: http://www.jetboatracing.com/adds.htm
Or some brand new ones here:
http://www.outlaweagle.com/boatmodels.htm
:idea: i have driven these boats with a 540 cu in chevy and do not remember the hp right off but i know we were on radar over 110 mph. the outlaw jets are a tunnel and they fly and handle really great. there is a u.s.a. outlet for them in lewiston id. the dealer is riddle marine. talk to doug he is very honest and a straight shooter. good luck finding what ever you decide to go with but for safety aluminum is the way i would go.

squirt'nmyload
11-21-2006, 12:58 PM
flame away but i think that metal flake is BAD ASS!!!!! i wish mine looked that good
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/Bobsboatatmyhouse2.jpg

Mr. Crusader 83
11-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Here is the Crsader built for Mark T. Also built buy Scott K. in Lake Havasu.
This is a 95+mph boat!! :skull:
Ok im in love!!! How much for a tunnel , bare, with my pump installed. I would want it all white. Im thinking of strip'n mine and putting all my goodies in the new one and sellin mine.

mirrorimage
11-21-2006, 10:20 PM
how about a light/middle weight crusader for the race / one weekend to the river type deal .... im diggin the flake too .... just with an intake4 degree thats it ....please please please .... prices??????

Marty Gras
11-22-2006, 08:48 PM
...off topic

DUCKY
11-22-2006, 09:21 PM
...off topic

derail
11-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Wow I am suprised how many builders are out there . I live in the bay area and dont mind traveling to pick up a new hull. I am not shur what type of hull I want to get yet but i do know what i wont buy.I am leaning towards the cheyenne or one of Socals hulls but i still havent looked into all the builders yet. next week after the holiday I will have to start making calls and start gathering info such as costs ,seating space ,stability. I am not looking for a full blown race hull but something that is built well and looks good and will be stable at speed when needed. and some one that takes pride in there work and stands behind it. I have been screwed over in the past by a few people in this boating industry and will never spend another dime there way no matter how good there product is there is one I have never meet and still will never deal with i loaned my golf cart to him through what i thought was a friend for many years and they returned my cart and motor in cardboard boxes torn up in pieces with parts missing it was a big mess but i got it back together EERRRR it still pisses me off.

Marty Gras
11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
...off topic

Marty Gras
11-22-2006, 10:44 PM
...off topic

mirrorimage
11-22-2006, 10:46 PM
woooah.... gentleman ...please this is turning into a pissing contest ..i dont know the story and dont wantto ..but for the readers ..for thoes who are looking to spend money with either of you.... lets get back to the reason the thread was started to buy ...new hulls for race or pleasure ..... im still looking for a crusader .... help a guy out ???? :) :) :)

Sweet Cruz
11-22-2006, 11:12 PM
I would be interested a new crusader tunnel also. The one I have is a nice river/lake boat, but i would be interested a light/med layup race boat.

HammerDown
11-23-2006, 12:32 AM
woooah.... gentleman ...please this is turning into a pissing contest ..i dont know the story and dont wantto ..///:
EXACTLY...and lets leave it this way.

TRG
11-23-2006, 08:18 AM
I just purchased a 07' TPR Stealth, and am extatic about the gel, lay-up and the construction of the hull!...also i pay'd $8750.00 for the hull and alex over @ aftershock is very helpful and welcomes you to his glass shop to see your new baby being built!
I think alot of people would be suprised at how many boats aftershock builds for the smaller boat companies here in so cal!
So when you think about it,...there are alot of hulls built with the same hands.
I guess its all just what your into when looking for a new hull!
Todd

Marty Gras
11-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Mr. Moderator, please keep all of the "dialog" between us combatants intact. Then please move all of it to another area, one with a lot more room. I am sorry to be part of this problem here, and it was NEVER my intention to NAME ANYONE, or "highjack" this thread. So please, move us out, because I'm just getting started with "Ducky", his threats, his "business practices", his "expert boat advice", and what I personally know about him. I just wanted to state my personal history, so that "I would not be misrepresenting myself to anyone". Thank you!

derail
11-23-2006, 08:49 AM
I just purchased a 07' TPR Stealth, and am extatic about the gel, lay-up and the construction of the hull!...also i pay'd $8750.00 for the hull and alex over @ aftershock is very helpful and welcomes you to his glass shop to see your new baby being built!
I think alot of people would be suprised at how many boats aftershock builds for the smaller boat companies here in so cal!
So when you think about it,...there are alot of hulls built with the same hands.
I guess its all just what your into when looking for a new hull!
Todd
ok so is the stealth built at theTPR shop or elsewhere ? who do you contact at aftershock?

TRG
11-23-2006, 09:27 AM
ok so is the stealth built at theTPR shop or elsewhere ? who do you contact at aftershock? I had heard from a few people that there Is a shop that sponcers there race team that employes a few tweekers and this is one of the things i am trying to avoid is having these people working on my boat I seen first hand what they did to my golf cart and could never use them feeling safe knowing me my family and friends will be riding in a boat built by some spun out meth head that has been up for a week
The best i think i can do for you at this time is offer you his number (951-734-4606) and give Tommy your input on how you want your particular boat built, and let you know that if there are any gel issues with the boat I will be the one that will be doing the work on it! If there were any employees that even come close to the remarks that you have made in your above statements, i assure you that the weeds have been weeded out! TPR had one employee that had a problem, he is now gone! (Its been quite a while!)
Tom Papp has been in business for at least 30 yrs. he builds a quality product and will give his shirt off of his back at any time for anyone of his customers, and i think you will find quite alot of people here on these boards that will offer up their experiences, also you will find the few that will offer up their not such good experiences! i think you will find this same pattern with any boat builder, would you agree?
My # is 626-991-9031, I dont want to take this topic and shred it up and turn it in another direction!
I edited my previous post because my wife said it sounder a bit too abrasive, and i did;nt want to come off that way! sorry
Todd Griggs
TRG fiberglass

Unchained
11-23-2006, 09:39 AM
ok so is the stealth built at theTPR shop or elsewhere ?
My 2003 TPR Stealth was laid up at a place called West Coast Tooling.
Another board member here went over there and took some pictures of it for me.
There were molds from many boat companies there.
Tom Papp told me that he never laid up the hulls. It was always jobbed out.
There were a few cosmetic things on the inside of the hull that I fine tuned after I got it. The gelcoat and finish on the outside are real nice. I got four colors on it and extra keel work which highly recommend.
I am real happy with how the hull behaves at speeds over 100 mph.
I had a JimmyJohnson Cheyenne before the Stealth and I like the design of the Stealth much better. A little wider inside, A little more freeboard. I like the beak on the Cheyenne and the Stealth too.
Still for sale.

blue wonder
11-23-2006, 09:55 AM
The best i think i can do for you at this time is offer you his number (951-734-4606) and give Tommy your input on how you want your particular boat built, and let you know that if there are any gel issues with the boat I will be the one that will be doing the work on it! If there were any employees that even come close to the remarks that you have made in your above statements, i assure you that the weeds have been weeded out! TPR had one employee that had a problem, he is now gone! (Its been quite a while!)
Tom Papp has been in business for at least 30 yrs. he builds a quality product and will give his shirt off of his back at any time for anyone of his customers, and i think you will find quite alot of people here on these boards that will offer up their experiences, also you will find the few that will offer up their not such good experiences! i think you will find this same pattern with any boat builder, would you agree?
My # is 626-991-9031, I dont want to take this topic and shred it up and turn it in another direction!
I edited my previous post because my wife said it sounder a bit too abrasive, and i did;nt want to come off that way! sorry
Todd Griggs
TRG fiberglass
i agree with todd 110%...tom builds in my opinion the best hull out there...and is one of the nicest and most helpfull guys in the industry...i own one of his hulls and would never go to anything else...and i have driven almost every performance hull around!!!...give him a shot i promise you wont be disapointed!!!

DEL51
11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
how about a light/middle weight crusader for the race / one weekend to the river type deal .... im diggin the flake too .... just with an intake4 degree thats it ....please please please .... prices??????
PM rondo.

mirrorimage
11-23-2006, 10:00 PM
well on that note .... tom is a great guy and his boat is sweet ... right on todd .. when did you get your boat .....? but on the other hand .i like one point on my boat .... ...i not quite ready to hang out with you 2 point people !!!

TRG
11-24-2006, 06:26 PM
The rogers i previously owned was getting to the point to where it was,...not comfortable a speed, shut down was pretty gnarley at times, so i opted to go with a hull that is a bit safer!
I am happy i did!
almost finished with the cap job!...will post up some pics when it is complete.
Todd