PDA

View Full Version : folsom lake??? new years time

ssmike
11-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Does anybody know if Folsom is open around Christmas and New Years time?? I am going to be up that way and wanted to put my flat in.
Which put in areas would be open?

YeLLowBoaT
11-18-2006, 06:33 PM
weather permiting I go water skiing on newyears day almost every year. At folsom.

ssmike
11-18-2006, 07:19 PM
where do you put in? I imagine that some of the spots are closed that time of year....
Do you head up towards Salmon falls? I love it way back there and was curious if there was any winter debris up that way.
Thanks

YeLLowBoaT
11-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I almost always put in at dyke 8( the PC police changed it to folsom point, it will always be dyke 8...) In the winter you can pretty much go where ever you want and ski. Granite bay is your only other "pratical choice"( there are 2 other off 49, one is steep as hell and the other sucks.) I really don't care for granite bay just do to the fact that more ppl use it.

QuickJet
11-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Does anybody know if Folsom is open around Christmas and New Years time?? I am going to be up that way and wanted to put my flat in.
If you are driving all the way up there from the O.C. around New Years, you should try out CFW. It's about an hour away from Folsom and worth the trip. Not only that, but if the weather is good, there should be alot of other flats out there that day as well.

ssmike
11-18-2006, 07:38 PM
I almost always put in at dyke 8( the PC police changed it to folsom point, it will always be dyke 8...) In the winter you can pretty much go where ever you want and ski. Granite bay is your only other "pratical choice"( there are 2 other off 49, one is steep as hell and the other sucks.) I really don't care for granite bay just do to the fact that more ppl use it.
LOL I remember Dyke 8. From Placerville, whats the best way to get there....I am drawing a blank

MOBrien
11-18-2006, 07:39 PM
If you decide to take the flat out on New Year's Day, go up to Camp Far West lake in....uhh..Wheatland I think? Bunch of die hard drag & river racers meet/camp up there every year on New Year's Day weekend. Pretty fun. Lots of nice & fast boats. It's about 45 minutes north of Folsom and it's on usually rain or shine. :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
50 to parie city road/East bidwell. turn right on blue ravien road then left on I think east natoma.
or you ca take eldorado hills rd to green valley then to east natoma.
I suck with names. I just know how to get there.

ssmike
11-18-2006, 07:52 PM
LOL!!
Thanks for looking out for me guys. :) I know CFW very well, after about a hundred trips.
Im not taking the race boat, I promised my boy that we would take HIS boat out:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/41IMG_5041.JPG
I usually hit up Ice House (my favorite lake) but figured it would be too cold to launch!!!! Well, that and the dirty looks from the fishermen.

acatitude
11-18-2006, 09:28 PM
folsom will probably be very low at new years

QuickJet
11-18-2006, 09:34 PM
LOL!!
Thanks for looking out for me guys. :) I know CFW very well, after about a hundred trips.
Im not taking the race boat, I promised my boy that we would take HIS boat out:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/41IMG_5041.JPG
I usually hit up Ice House (my favorite lake) but figured it would be too cold to launch!!!! Well, that and the dirty looks from the fishermen.
Damn, I'd really like to see your boys boat in person. That boat is gorgeous!!!! We are restoring a 65 Lavey Craft that Dave is going to help with.

out of bounds
11-21-2006, 03:37 PM
got to roll to C F W even if the weather isn't perfect it is still a blast.

HCS
11-29-2006, 12:28 PM
weather permiting I go water skiing on newyears day almost every year. At folsom.
They still do that out there annually?
Is it sponsered by anyone?

YeLLowBoaT
11-29-2006, 10:43 PM
has not been sponsored in years... its kind of a tradition my family has been doing since the late 50s- early 60s.

Goad
11-30-2006, 12:52 AM
I think I will be rolling to CFW....trying to maybe organise a caravam to roll up there....

HCS
11-30-2006, 10:40 AM
has not been sponsored in years... its kind of a tradition my family has been doing since the late 50s- early 60s.
About 15 years ago or so I would go out there for the annual Polar Bear ski.
It was pretty cool back then.
Fires on the beach, boat rides, go for a ski and earn your t-shirt...
When they quit having the event I switch to Pat Kennelly's sponsored Polar
Bear Ski at Verona Joes on the Sacramento river.
We'd jump off of the dock into the river for a ski to get a t-shirt.
Then fish and game patrol came by one year and shut it down. :mad:
They said it was too dangerous.
I still hit up the river on N.Y.D. but I don't jump in the water anymore unless I
have to. :rolleyes:

ssmike
12-08-2006, 09:37 PM
is anyone else planning to hit Folsom the week after Christmas??
Thanks for all the input/directions