bordsmnj
01-22-2006, 04:39 PM
yes

jackaroos
01-22-2006, 04:44 PM
who has the best deal!

ECeptor
01-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I loved my 660 Raptor...can't imagine what the 700 will be like!
Worth $7000? Not to me. I'd wait a year, be patient and pick up a mint used one for much, much less.

jackaroos
01-22-2006, 04:49 PM
ready to buy want something good

IN2MX
01-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Squat to pee??? Then squat to ride!!!!!
If its for a chick, get it! That thing looks cool! If it's for a dude....DONT DO IT!

riverroyal
01-22-2006, 06:01 PM
he has the silver edition 700

WUTWZAT
01-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Squat to pee??? Then squat to ride!!!!!
If its for a chick, get it! That thing looks cool! If it's for a dude....DONT DO IT!
LMAO and getting some popcorn....... too bad its Sunday.
J

Flying Tiger
01-22-2006, 07:01 PM
The people in my group that bought it prefer their YFZ450's over them. They say you can toss your 450 around the dunes better. Wheelie on the side of bowls, skid plate ballet atop the edge razors. ect ect,,,
Nice improvements on the 700 over the 660. Outta the box they have impressive performance.
If straight line racing up Comp hill is the BFD,, then by all means the 700 with a pipe, sand haulers, and amp the map.
The YFZ 450 is still number one in all the reviews.
Zuki is releasing their FI 450 any day now, and everyones waiting to see if it writes another chapter in the bible.
(The '06 Honda 450 only if you're under 5'9)

RiverRatMike
01-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Anyone intersted in a 2005 660R Raptor. I'm selling mine. 10 hrs. Full performance Yosh exhaust and lots of extras. It's very fast! $6500

BOBALOO
01-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I recently got my wife a white 700 and have no regrets. I think most guys will want the racier 450 but bone stock this thing is a blast. It had plenty of power in the desert and Glamis for me. I added asv levers a front bumper to replace the plastic one and a 6 pack rack for trail refreshments.
Cost was 7183** out the door 2 months ago. It will probably go down 1k when the 07's come out if you shop around
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4418Raptor_1.jpg

Magic34
01-22-2006, 09:59 PM
I have a 700 Raptor and love the thing. At first I was very disappointed, but I took off the airbox lid and the spark arrestor out of the exhaust and the thing rocks. I am waiting for more results on different pipes, but HMF has some fairly good dyno numbers so far.
With my stock bike and the free mods that I have done so far, I can hang with the best of them. This is all at the dunes..... but guys that are around the same size as me with a yfz or Honda 450 and exhaust systems are either equal or I beat them often.
When I go to the hill, I race about 20 times in a row, take a break and race another 20 times in a row. I'm looking for others who may beat me so I can see which way I want to go with mods on this thing. So far, there hasn't been another 4 stroke (without extensive work) that has just killed me at the hill with a similiar sized rider.
The 100 pound kids on piped yfzs kill everyone.
I beat stock Banshees by multiple lengths.
Once I get the fuel mapping system in and full exhaust, I think this bike will be pushing 50 HP.
I hated this thing without doing the 2 things I have so far to it. I rode it 1 time in the stock form and wanted to sell it already. It was terrible in completely stock form. BUT, the 2 free mods that you can do make it a completely different bike.
I love mine over the YFZ. It is more comfortable to ride and runs hard.

77charger
01-22-2006, 10:17 PM
my brother bought one in oct paid 6800 otd.So far he has added pipe,and remapped,Plus done everything suspension wise(lt extented A arms,shocks,axle,etc).He has ridden the 450s in the dunes but says the comfort definitely goes to the 700.As for now he says he has no problem running 450 across any whoop section.
Stock for stock the 450 is more of a track bike 700 more of a cruiser and softer suspension.

RiverRatMike
01-22-2006, 11:25 PM
I have a 700 Raptor and love the thing. At first I was very disappointed, but I took off the airbox lid and the spark arrestor out of the exhaust and the thing rocks. I am waiting for more results on different pipes, but HMF has some fairly good dyno numbers so far.
With my stock bike and the free mods that I have done so far, I can hang with the best of them. This is all at the dunes..... but guys that are around the same size as me with a yfz or Honda 450 and exhaust systems are either equal or I beat them often.
When I go to the hill, I race about 20 times in a row, take a break and race another 20 times in a row. I'm looking for others who may beat me so I can see which way I want to go with mods on this thing. So far, there hasn't been another 4 stroke (without extensive work) that has just killed me at the hill with a similiar sized rider.
The 100 pound kids on piped yfzs kill everyone.
I beat stock Banshees by multiple lengths.
Once I get the fuel mapping system in and full exhaust, I think this bike will be pushing 50 HP.
I hated this thing without doing the 2 things I have so far to it. I rode it 1 time in the stock form and wanted to sell it already. It was terrible in completely stock form. BUT, the 2 free mods that you can do make it a completely different bike.
I love mine over the YFZ. It is more comfortable to ride and runs hard.
for the price the Yosh had the most HP increase. After removing the stock exhaust and putting on the Yosh I couldn't believe the power increase. Almost 12 HP more.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10714&stc=1

Squeezing Spectra
01-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Buy the 700 :rollside:

Magic34
01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
for the price the Yosh had the most HP increase. After removing the stock exhaust and putting on the Yosh I couldn't believe the power increase. Almost 12 HP more.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10714&stc=1
Where did you get this dyno sheet? I have seen different numbers on teh stock. At a really well respected shop here in town, they were seeing 41 HP stock on thier dyno. This one shows 35.
Not saying either is right or wrong, all dynos seem to be different, but the CT Sonic pipe had a huge gain on that dyno it seems.

Magic34
01-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Check out the CT Sonic #' though. Their power is exactly where I want it.
http://www.ctracing.com/raptor_700.htm

Squeezing Spectra
01-23-2006, 12:08 AM
I think that is the dyno chart from the 660 shootout not the 700. :)

RiverRatMike
01-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Where did you get this dyno sheet? I have seen different numbers on teh stock. At a really well respected shop here in town, they were seeing 41 HP stock on thier dyno. This one shows 35.
Not saying either is right or wrong, all dynos seem to be different, but the CT Sonic pipe had a huge gain on that dyno it seems.
I don't remember where I got that dino sheet. Over a year ago when I was looking for a performance exhaust system.

Magic34
01-23-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't remember where I got that dino sheet. Over a year ago when I was looking for a performance exhaust system.
What do you think of those #'s to that link I posted. That was with stock air filter and no lid.
K&N should put it just above 50 HP.

Squeezing Spectra
01-23-2006, 12:18 AM
CT is a good dune and top end pipe it is not very good for MX or trail riding it just depends on what you are doing with it. :rollside:

RiverRatMike
01-23-2006, 12:19 AM
What do you think of those #'s to that link I posted. That was with stock air filter and no lid.
K&N should put it just above 50 HP.
Looks good to me. Yes that dino sheet I posted was for the 660R raptor. In any case the stock exhaust sucks and I was very dissappointed in the power my raptor had the day I brought it home. Two things, get a good air intake system and ditch the stock exhaust and go with a permance exhaust. HUGE differeance!

Magic34
01-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Looks good to me. Yes that dino sheet I posted was for the 660R raptor. In any case the stock exhaust sucks and I was very dissappointed in the power my raptor had the day I brought it home. Two things, get a good air intake system and ditch the stock exhaust and go with a permance exhaust. HUGE differeance!
What mapping program you running?

RiverRatMike
01-23-2006, 12:43 AM
What mapping program you running?
Just the stocking mapping. Didn't know you could change that on the 660R raptor. Only thing I have done is a pro designs air filter system, full Yosh exhaust and I have cut the air box. It runs pretty good but now the pilot get needs to be changed. At low rpms is sputters just a little. Other than that mid and top end really hit hard!

Magic34
01-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Just the stocking mapping. Didn't know you could change that on the 660R raptor. Only thing I have done is a pro designs air filter system, full Yosh exhaust and I have cut the air box. It runs pretty good but now the pilot get needs to be changed. At low rpms is sputters just a little. Other than that mid and top end really hit hard!
My bad, thought you were running the 700.
You cant change fuel mapping, only jets.

RiverRatMike
01-23-2006, 01:36 AM
My bad, thought you were running the 700.
You cant change fuel mapping, only jets.
what kinda fuel delievery is on the 700? Fuel Injection?

Magic34
01-23-2006, 01:45 AM
what kinda fuel delievery is on the 700? Fuel Injection?
yes, EFI

Flying Tiger
01-23-2006, 02:02 AM
Alba sells an ignition box that gives you another 1000 RPM.
It's about $135, and takes 5 minutes to change out.
Re-jetting the 660 is essential, the 700 is fuel injected and a map it yourself system is available, but stock is pretty good.
An exhaust pipe for both the 660 and 700 should be the plate type that you can "tune" by adding or subtracting plates until you're satisfied with the powerband.
The Yamaha GYT pipes are junk, they don't work well and they don't last, and never trust what any exhaust pipe maker claims, dyno data or not.
Ya get the "plate" type exhaust, and tune it yourself.
My friends and I found this out with time and money.
60% 100 octane / 40% 91 octane mix makes for a noticable gain too.

J540
01-23-2006, 06:01 AM
is it worth the 7000 grand
Got the wifes for 6600 out the door

OGShocker
01-23-2006, 06:56 AM
http://www.theoldgeezers.org/700r.jpg
I LOVE mine!!!
Friend of mine is an ex-pro quad racer. I put him on mine and he said... "I can't believe their Lawyers let them build something that fast". Good enough for me! :crossx: