PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Idea Looking for Opinions!!!

BlackedoutF250
11-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey Guys my dad and I were brainstorming new ideas for the offroad side of our business. We were contemplating the idea of creating a mobile install service. We would have a custom trailer made up that would have a lift built into it that we could pull up to your house place of business, etc. and drop our trailer and a employee. Then some stabalizers legs would drop down to stabalize the trailer for using the lift and we would have a generator and air compressor with a tool box etc all on the trailer. The trailer would be setup to have platforms fold out so you could have a work area etc. ultimately we would have all the necessary tools and equipment to do numerous installs including suspension lifts and what would happen is we drop the trailer with an employee in the beginning of your work day for example and we drive your truck up onto the trailer lift it up and your lift would be installed by the end of the day. Obviously this would only work on certain products because some would obviously require more than a day, it would work for various install of certain products. What do you guys think would this be an idea that people might go for. Im trying to come up with ideas that are new different and better.
Thanks John
Unique Performance West, Inc.

ECeptor
11-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Maybe you can achieve the same effect by offering to pick up their vehicle for them. But rather than drive your customer's "baby" back to your shop, haul it on a trailer or flatbed truck. That way you can keep your tools and employees at the shop. You or your dad should be there when you pick up and deliver the vehicles...so you are the face of the company.
You wanted opinions, so there's mine!

ratso
11-19-2006, 06:39 PM
We try to do most of our work on site (boat business)... Even being set up to do mobile work is still such a pain.

rdcjuanb
11-19-2006, 06:43 PM
To add to the pickup/delivery. Have a vehicle that is logo'd up that you drop off so the customer still has something to drive, even if it is a tacoma and not an HD/SD like they own. I think a lot of people would like to drop a truck off for a day or two to be lifted, but to find someone to run you back and forth, grab you lunch etc becomes a pain.

ratso
11-19-2006, 06:51 PM
To add to the pickup/delivery. Have a vehicle that is logo'd up that you drop off so the customer still has something to drive, even if it is a tacoma and not an HD/SD like they own. I think a lot of people would like to drop a truck off for a day or two to be lifted, but to find someone to run you back and forth, grab you lunch etc becomes a pain.
That is an excellent idea... :idea:

BlackedoutF250
11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the ideas, I want to try and incorporate something along the lines of pick up and dleivery or rental type vehicle etc. I think like you guys say it will benefit me in a publicity way aswell, putting logos and such on the vehicle.
Thanks John

Phat Daddy
11-19-2006, 08:52 PM
What happens if a simple one day job runs into problems and can't be completed in one day??? What would the insurance look like to trailer someones elses ride back to your shop.
Were would you do the work??? In a parking lot or street. Would the property owner allow that for insurance reasons???
Just something to think about. Theres probably a few more. Sounds good to start but over all I think having the trucks brought to your shop by the customer is the way to go. Just my .02

11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
What happens if a simple one day job runs into problems and can't be completed in one day??? What would the insurance look like to trailer someones elses ride back to your shop.
Were would you do the work??? In a parking lot or street. Would the property owner allow that for insurance reasons???
Just something to think about. Theres probably a few more. Sounds good to start but over all I think having the trucks brought to your shop by the customer is the way to go. Just my .02
Boy theres alays someone just waiting to piss on your parade is'nt there? :)

BlackedoutF250
11-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate all the comments and opinions.
Thanks John

YeLLowBoaT
11-20-2006, 07:48 AM
I agree doing something like that would be a mine feild...

TRUMP TIGHT
11-20-2006, 08:14 AM
If i decide to get a lift kit or related work done on my truck i would expect to drop it off for a day. Ive never heard of someone not doing custom work to their ride because they dont want to drop it off. Oh and just because the truck sits in front of my office while its being done it doesnt mean i can hop in and drive if i need too.

phebus
11-20-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm sure that as a general rule, you don't let your customers in your work area, due to liability, but how would you control your work area in someone's driveway, when their dog and kids are doing the limbo under the truck on lifts?
Sounds like a bad idea to me.

ChumpChange
11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
What will you do when I hand you the cleaning bill because I had to have my driveway steam cleaned from the oil stains you left there?
Insurance would most likely be a nightmare and would take any profit of such work.

DaddyMack
11-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I think the pick up/delivery thing is the way to go with a loaner car....
I hate trying to make time to drop my vehicles off somewhere, arranging for a ride, waiting, etc.
That takes all the hassle out.

superdave013
11-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Won't you need a business license in each city you do work in?