PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia V-Drive Race Video

Stab-n-Steer
01-18-2002, 03:49 PM
I just got a copy of the Nostalgia V-drive Race video. This is the group up in Washington that started this series last year. The video is pretty fun to watch. There are some outboard races included but you can hold your nose through that to get to the good stuff. If anyone would like to borrow it let me know and I will send it to you.
S&S
[This message has been edited by Stab-n-Steer (edited January 18, 2002).]

126driver
01-18-2002, 04:45 PM
If anyone is interested, there is a bunch of v-drive racing and regatta videos available at http://www.superstockracing.com/sponsors/vdrivevideo.htm

01-18-2002, 06:31 PM
S&S, I'd like to see that video. I'll return it to you or forward to whoever else would like to see it. Thanks, Bob

Stab-n-Steer
01-18-2002, 07:24 PM
Bob,
E-mail me your address and it's on the way. I would say send it to old rigger next, I bet he would like to see it... Have a great weekend!
S&S

V-Kid
01-21-2002, 08:22 PM
Im a hell of a mechanic but suck with the computer , Im not sure how you guys pull up the profiles to get each others e mail or how you edit and bring back old topics, but my son and I would love to watch that video, we would fed ex it to the next person
Kid

Stab-n-Steer
01-22-2002, 06:30 AM
V-Kid,
To get someone's profile click on the the little icon with the face directly above the post. Most provide e-mail addresses, some don't.
Regarding the video, I sent it to 058, and then he is going to send it to Old Rigger, He can send it to you or return it to me and I will send it... No need to fedex it, mail is fine.
S&S

hottrodder
01-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Please work me into that 058, Old Rigger, V-Kid loop. My little river collection needs a copy.

Stab-n-Steer
01-22-2002, 06:06 PM
Hottrodder,
Your in the loop! Glad I can loan you a tape for once!
S&S

old rigger
02-03-2002, 09:04 AM
Stabber & 058,
Thanks for including me in the loop to view this tape. Got home yesterday from looking at a boat (one that I used to own. Looking for a dock beater to use until I get the Spectra V-drive floating) and came home to this tape waiting for me. What a surprise! Plopped it in the vcr as soon as I could and instantly cleared the room. Kids and wife, all headed to parts unknown. I love that flattie that they just show a little clip of with the thru the transom exhaust. Also Dean Moons old wood decker.
Thanks 058 for passing it on to me.
My question is who's in line next? I completly missed this thread when Stabber started it so I went on line this a.m. to see what I missed. Who's ever next, let me know.
Stabber, thanks again.
Was going to go look at a mid 60's Mandella today but I forgot it was Super Bowl Sunday. I'm going to try to run out to this guys place next week and give it a look see. Complete boat minus motor and seats. My wife already say's "no way"! So I'm basically going just for the heck of it. Funny thing is, our daughter's friend's family, the one who has the '66 Howard wood decker, is thinking about selling it. Nothing for sure yet, but they want a new boat. It's been in their family since new. Still has the original 427 FE motor in it. The uncle that built it, want's it back to cut in half and make a bar in his den. I'm trying to convince them that that's not the best thing for the boat. Anyway, my wife, bless her heart, informed me last night (over tacos and beer at our favorite little hang out) that I MUST buy the Howard if it comes up for sale!!!!
I think she knows that the Spectra is going to take me decades to finish, and if I want a wood deck boat, I better just buy one! How cool is that?

02-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Old rigger, Buy that Howard!! DON'T let him turn it into a bar. CUT IT IN HALF????? Thats something you do with whats left of a boat AFTER its been crashed and is no longer able to float. Please save that boat from a fate worse that burning and sinking. How could he think such things?

Costello
02-03-2002, 01:36 PM
That is THE most assinine thing I have ever heard. Please Old Rigger say it aint so!!!! Save that classic from this maniac!! Now I know what the tree huggers feel like. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

V-Kid
02-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Old Rigger "
I think we may be the next guys in the loop Ill check my profile to make sure all the info is correct and who evers next let me know Ill send it.
Regarding the violation: when I read that my eyes popped and my jaw dropped Ill sign a patition, Ill even call the guy myself and beg for the life of that flattie
Kid

V-Kid
02-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Old Rigger!
My info is not correct in my profile so I Emailed my correct E adress and mailing address to stabber,as you do not have an E in your profile
Tanks, Kid

SK87-88CircleJerk
03-19-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by old rigger:
Stabber & 058,
Thanks for including me in the loop to view this tape. Got home yesterday from looking at a boat (one that I used to own. Looking for a dock beater to use until I get the Spectra V-drive floating) and came home to this tape waiting for me. What a surprise! Plopped it in the vcr as soon as I could and instantly cleared the room. Kids and wife, all headed to parts unknown. I love that flattie that they just show a little clip of with the thru the transom exhaust. Also Dean Moons old wood decker.
HThanks 058 for passing it on to me.
My question is who's in line next? I completly missed this thread when Stabber started it so I went on line this a.m. to see what I missed. Who's ever next, let me know.
Stabber, thanks again.
Was going to go look at a mid 60's Mandella today but I forgot it was Super Bowl Sunday. I'm going to try to run out to this guys place next week and give it a look see. Complete boat minus motor and seats. My wife already say's "no way"! So I'm basically going just for the heck of it. Funny thing is, our daughter's friend's family, the one who has the '66 Howard wood decker, is thinking about selling it. Nothing for sure yet, but they want a new boat. It's been in their family since new. Still has the original 427 FE motor in it. The uncle that built it, want's it back to cut in half and make a bar in his den. I'm trying to convince them that that's not the best thing for the boat. Anyway, my wife, bless her heart, informed me last night (over tacos and beer at our favorite little hang out) that I MUST buy the Howard if it comes up for sale!!!!
I think she knows that the Spectra is going to take me decades to finish, and if I want a wood deck boat, I better just buy one! How cool is that?
Hey old rigger or whatever you call yourself. I must say you have good taste in boats! That tru-transom exhaust boat is a Aquacraft-Wickens from l965. It belongs to a good guy here in Millwood Washington. When I showed him the California V-drive newsletter he unburied it and started a restoration. YOu might be interested in the original price of 6500 that included a Holman-Moody high riser pre-sideoiler 427 {l963} that was a mere 1800.00 new!! The boat was built for Marathon racing and included a 22 quart cast oil pan,cooler, 40 gallon gas tanks 25 gears, and a real strange crossmember that stretched from side to side behind the front seats! Bill had problems with the fuel tanks his first time out after he tried to wash them out with water to remove years of crud! After thrashing we got him going the last heat where he splashed a Lady racer when changing lanes without signaling! She got him back! For this year he has installed his original dual fours with 180 degree GT40 headers tuned for 6000 rpm! It is WILD! Most of the hardware is heavy duty to say the least including a removable velvet drive for ski-racing. He almost sold the craft to me for 3500!! He will be at our first race June15 along with Dean Moons old Poty which is for sale for around 16000. If anyone wants their own video I have them for sale for 22.00 postage-paid. Jerk