PDA

View Full Version : Sanger HIN Info

sangervdrive
11-20-2006, 07:04 AM
As some of you know I just bought my first v drive, what we are told is a 1984 Sanger. I guess when the boat came from California to Missourri it had no title or was never registered so when it got to Missourri they decided to give it a new HIN, which is stamped on a little plate on the right side rear stringer and it says Missourri DOT or something like that as well. The title says 1984 Sanger and has the same HIN that is stamped in the plate on the stringer.
On the transom you can see where the original number was mudded over when the boat was painted, what I want to do is uncover the original number and if its not destroyed bring it back or find the number elsewhere on the boat and stamp it back in on the back. Then change the title so its a legit Sanger number again.
My questions are, does anyone know where else on the boat Sanger may have stamped that number? Some one told us it should be up in the bow, I was looking around in there after I took out the flotation but couldn't find anything yet. Also could some one post up some pics of there Sanger HIN and give me some dimensions of the lettering? Thanks a lot in advance, I would really like to completely cherry this boat out and that number is going to bug me if I can't fix it!
Kevin

dossangers
11-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Both my sangers have it on the top right of the transon

sangervdrive
11-27-2006, 05:20 PM
No one has anything on this??

BILLY.B
11-27-2006, 06:26 PM
No one has anything on this??Right rear corner above the chine line is where alot of them were. Also like Wayne said. Some were on the transom (right corner).

sangervdrive
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I know that they are usually on the transom I was hoping they stamped it somewhere else like inside the bow or under the dashboard or something.

QuickJet
11-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Might be behind your cav plate hardware.

BILLY.B
11-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I know that they are usually on the transom I was hoping they stamped it somewhere else like inside the bow or under the dashboard or something.I've giving you the only 2 places they would of put them. Now you could have the exception. In the old days Sanger would burn them on the inside of the transom (center) behind the steering quadrant. Or on top of the left stringer. But this was back in the late 60's early 70's.

sangervdrive
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info fellas, I'll check behind the cav hardware and inside on the transom.

Sangster
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
On the transom you can see where the original number was mudded over when the boat was painted
The last two #'s will be the year it was made....... :) :) :)