PDA

View Full Version : GSP Vs. Matt Hughes...Here is the video.

NOTALENT
11-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Yup yup...Good old you tube...so for those who missed it here you go!!! Watch out boy GSP fock up Hughes!!! :crossx:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZGAeOIiG2w

dmontzsta
11-20-2006, 08:45 AM
I cannot wait for the rematch. Hopefully Matt will come back and play HIS game. He is no stand up guy, that is a known fact.

TRUMP TIGHT
11-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the link!

NOTALENT
11-20-2006, 08:53 AM
No problem...even if there is a rematch and Matt brought his game I dont see him winning...GSP is just way to well rounded and carrys the same strength as Matt...Strength is not to Matts advantage here. Matt had a worried look on his face from the beginning... :crossx:

sigepmock
11-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the link....I've been waiting all morning to see that. Man GSP had Matt's ticket....took him apart. Nice. Should be a great re-match.
Chris

dmontzsta
11-20-2006, 09:51 AM
GSP is not as strong as Hughes, it is close, but not even. Matt is a far better ground man than GSP.

NOTALENT
11-20-2006, 10:02 AM
GSP is not as strong as Hughes, it is close, but not even. Matt is a far better ground man than GSP.
Its pretty damn close in strength....GSP may not be as swole as Matt, but that doesnt mean anything...Matt tried taking him down, but couldnt over power him like he normally does. Matt is a better wrestler, but thats all he has...GSP has an outstanding ground game as well even better with submissions.

dmontzsta
11-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Its pretty damn close in strength....GSP may not be as swole as Matt, but that doesnt mean anything...Matt tried taking him down, but couldnt over power him like he normally does. Matt is a better wrestler, but thats all he has...GSP has an outstanding ground game as well even better with submissions.
Its tough to judge off that fight. Matt's takedown attempts were weak, he shot the leg then quickly switched off the legs to the body and only tried 1 takedown, the second he kind of fell in to. BJ Penn has much better takedown defense than GSP, but after several attempts, Matt was able to get him down. The Penn fight went the same way, I though he was going to knock Matt out. All of the interviews I saw with Matt he kept saying "My stand up is much better". I feel his team might have blown smoke up his ass telling him it was good, which it may have been, but definitely not as good as GSPs and it showed.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
11-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Either way it was a good fight..and GSP deserves his win.... this time!

dmontzsta
11-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Either way it was a good fight..and GSP deserves his win.... this time!
Definitely

NOTALENT
11-20-2006, 11:35 AM
GSP deserves to be kicked in the NUTS TWICE, maybe three times!!! He should have been disqualified after the second nutting. What a great strategy he uses!!! Where is Joe Regan when you need him!!!!! What a JOKE.
Please....he didnt do that shit on purpose. Maybe one connected...but Matt pulled that same shiat against BJ when he got hit in the eye.... :yuk: GSP will out perform Hughes anyday of the week and he proved it.

dmontzsta
11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
HE WAS KICKED IN THE NUTS TWICE IN TWO MINUTES...............
yeah. I just wish Matt would have played his game. Sometimes fighters try and do this "Beat him at his own game" instead of sticking with what has made them great. I want to see the rematch already, hopefully January.

UltraClean
11-20-2006, 11:50 AM
It was a good performance by GSP....Hughes looked a little too relaxed in there...but how boring was the heavy weight fight??!?! Tim Sylvia is a pig!!!
and he looks like donkey lips!!! :crossx:

LLGirl
11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Matt talked about the two illegal shots in the post fight press interview. He said the second one didn't even hit him there. Said it hit his thigh and sent a pain down his leg. Also said the shots had no effect on the fight or his performance. He said it probably hindered GSP more because he had to stop throwing those kicks. Matt has never been shy about saying what he believes to be the truth. He said those kicks had zero to do with the fight outcome.
GSP is perfect for that division right now. Has a ton of fans, is very marketable, and is a good change from the arrogance that Matt Hughes displays publicly. His next fight will be Serra, which will suck because right now he trains out of the Renzo camp, which is who Serra is affiliated with.
Matt will most likely get his rematch after the GSP/Serra fight. My money is on GSP again. Time will tell.
Mrllgirl

Charley
11-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Matt talked about the two illegal shots in the post fight press interview. He said the second one didn't even hit him there. Said it hit his thigh and sent a pain down his leg. Also said the shots had no effect on the fight or his performance. He said it probably hindered GSP more because he had to stop throwing those kicks. Matt has never been shy about saying what he believes to be the truth. He said those kicks had zero to do with the fight outcome.
GSP is perfect for that division right now. Has a ton of fans, is very marketable, and is a good change from the arrogance that Matt Hughes displays publicly. His next fight will be Serra, which will suck because right now he trains out of the Renzo camp, which is who Serra is affiliated with.
Matt will most likely get his rematch after the GSP/Serra fight. My money is on GSP again. Time will tell.
Mrllgirl
I honestly don't think Serra beat Lytle, he will certainly be out matched by GSP// Serra is a small 170, should be fighting 155, but took his shot when it was available....GSP will walk through Serra as will Sylva through Luter

LLGirl
11-21-2006, 06:45 AM
I agree that Lytle won that fight. Was really wanting to see Lytle get the $100k and contract. I think GSP beats Lytle also, but their styles work better for a more entertaining fight.
Mrll

Charley
11-21-2006, 07:39 AM
I agree that Lytle won that fight. Was really wanting to see Lytle get the $100k and contract. I think GSP beats Lytle also, but their styles work better for a more entertaining fight.
Mrll
Totally agreed...Serra's only chance is on the ground and GSP should have the ability to just not let that happen from a 155 lb guy.... I actually Like Serra, just don't think he can compete at 170, especially at the top of the food chain.
On the other hand.....What happend to the fight between Wanderlei and Chuck? or maybe think about a fight between Fedor and Sylvia?? Talk about a Recipe for disaster for the UFC!

ECeptor
11-21-2006, 07:56 AM
They've removed the video from that site...copyright issues...

LLGirl
11-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Charley, I agree about Serra. Like him a lot, but he'll have a long night ahead of him with GSP. Fedor is part Cyborg. I think he destroys anyone in the UFC right now. But it's not really fair because he's not human. I think Vanderlai would be exposed against Chuck with UFC rules (in a cage, no knees to a grounded fighter, no soccer kicks, etc) but we'll probably never see that fight happen. I hope Brondon Vera drops down to 205 to fight. I actually think he would have tougher competition there.
With all the new organizations popping up and paying great money, the UFC may have to start building guys up again to create good matchups. LOTS of guys going other places to fight now.
mrll

NOTALENT
11-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Totally agreed...Serra's only chance is on the ground and GSP should have the ability to just not let that happen from a 155 lb guy.... I actually Like Serra, just don't think he can compete at 170, especially at the top of the food chain.
On the other hand.....What happend to the fight between Wanderlei and Chuck? or maybe think about a fight between Fedor and Sylvia?? Talk about a Recipe for disaster for the UFC!
Pride wasnt going to make enought money on the deal so they bailed out.