PDA

View Full Version : The Dodgers made some moves today....

HavasuSelect
11-20-2006, 04:30 PM
They signed Nomar to a 2 year deal 18.5 mil deal. Word just came in that they signed Juan Pierre the speedy Outfielder to 5 years 45 mil. Dilligaf any thoughts?

DILLIGAF
11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
They signed Nomar to a 2 year deal 18.5 mil deal. Word just came in that they signed Juan Pierre the speedy Outfielder to 5 years 45 mil. Dilligaf any thoughts?
They had to sign Nomar but I think 18.5 is a little much. Pierre is an excellant leadoff hitter and pretty good in the outfield also. Added speed at the top along wih SB's. I can't remember but I think he struggled hitting last year. Good moves for the hated ones :)

DILLIGAF
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
figures mr "i hate l.a." knows all of the particulars :rolleyes: hey tom, how did the lakers practice go to today ???? oh ya, they had a day off after their win last night, that's right !!!! :p ;) keyes
Don't you have an ice machine to clean out or something?
What about the Padres inquiring about signing Bonds, Barry Bonds
:)

DILLIGAF
11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
ya to go with piazza, giles, klesko, boomer, woody and all of the other senior citizens ---- how about tomorrow night ?? a lil wager huh ?? the jv gets to play at "NIGHT" with the varsity ??
If the Clips win how about you put in your sig line same size, script, color, etc:
The Clippers are the best NBA team in LA right now and own the Lakers
If the Lakers win I will put this in my sig line put in my sig line same size, script, color, etc:
The Clippers are the JV NBA team in LA and the Lakers still own them
You got to keep the sig up for two weeks.
You brought it up....do you really want to put something on the line for the Lakers?
Anybody else want this bet?
Your call.................

DILLIGAF
11-20-2006, 07:21 PM
i actually was smiliing reading this .... nice creativity tom ;) i'm in :skull: ! it'll be fun to watch the game :cool: keyes
HAHA...Alright you are on but I corrected the sig line stuff.
Ya, I will be watching and having a few beers :)

HavasuSelect
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
They had to sign Nomar but I think 18.5 is a little much. Pierre is an excellant leadoff hitter and pretty good in the outfield also. Added speed at the top along wih SB's. I can't remember but I think he struggled hitting last year. Good moves for the hated ones :)
If Nomar performs like he did last year he'll be worth it. I would like to see him stay a bit more healthy.
Juan Pierre was a great move. The Giants offered him 3 years 30 mil. but he opted for the longer contract. Pierre pretty much put up just about the same #'s as Kenny Lofton with more stolen bases. Not to mention about 35 years younger. I still love what Kenny did last year though. He'll make a nice pick-up for some team out there. Maybe the Giants. They like those "veterans".
How do you feel about the possibility of Bonds leaving. I wouldn't mind if he stayed in the N.L., half the fun is going to the game to boo him.

HavasuSelect
11-20-2006, 07:47 PM
ya to go with piazza, giles, klesko, boomer, woody and all of the other senior citizens ---- how about tomorrow night ?? a lil wager huh ?? the jv gets to play at "NIGHT" with the varsity ??
There were talks of Piazza coming to L.A. if the Dodgers could trade Toby Hall and if Piazza agreed to be a back-up to Russel Martin.
MLBTradeRumors.com is a great website for inside info. Waaaaayyyyyy better then MLB.com

DILLIGAF
11-20-2006, 07:51 PM
If Nomar performs like he did last year he'll be worth it. I would like to see him stay a bit more healthy.
Juan Pierre was a great move. The Giants offered him 3 years 30 mil. but he opted for the longer contract. Pierre pretty much put up just about the same #'s as Kenny Lofton with more stolen bases. Not to mention about 35 years younger. I still love what Kenny did last year though. He'll make a nice pick-up for some team out there. Maybe the Giants. They like those "veterans".
How do you feel about the possibility of Bonds leaving. I wouldn't mind if he stayed in the N.L., half the fun is going to the game to boo him.
F Bonds...The team comes second and that is not the way it is supposed to be. He needs to move his ass over to the AL.

HavasuSelect
11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
F Bonds...The team comes second and that is not the way it is supposed to be. He needs to move his ass over to the AL.
I'll say it with you.......
F BONDS
Go Clippers :crossx:

DILLIGAF
11-20-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll say it with you.......
F BONDS
Go Clippers :crossx:
Get in on this bet:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133744