PDA

View Full Version : Police brutality videos

jbone
11-20-2006, 05:32 PM
When are we going to start seeing the entire video. The events that led up to the alledged brutality, not just the 20 seconds showing the cops punching or tasing someone.
I think it is time the cops start wearing a head cam. The car cam seamed to help a lot in false allegations, but they only capture what happens in front of the vehicle.
With all the phone cams out there these days, I think it would be good for the cops to have the entire video, and not just the part that looks bad.
J

vmjtc3
11-20-2006, 06:04 PM
When are we going to start seeing the entire video. The events that led up to the alledged brutality, not just the 20 seconds showing the cops punching or tasing someone.
I think it is time the cops start wearing a head cam. The car cam seamed to help a lot in false allegations, but they only capture what happens in front of the vehicle.
With all the phone cams out there these days, I think it would be good for the cops to have the entire video, and not just the part that looks bad.
J
Sound's like a good ideal, I would be willing to bet that 99% of them have more footage but have been edited by the media to make a "good news story" :crossx:

BoatPI
11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
If these incidents showed the entire story they would not be newsworthy, they would be the everyday life in the world of a big city cop. Assbites always run, fight, spit on you (HIV?), swear, threaten to kill you, try to escape, make false complaints, and lie with most every word.

YeLLowBoaT
11-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I saw one that was about 6mins long of the UCLA thing( can't remember where) You really counld not see shit... the sound was enough for me to know that the guy got lucky they had a stun gun and did not use batons.

vmjtc3
11-20-2006, 06:12 PM
If these incidents showed the entire story they would not be newsworthy, they would be the everyday life in the world of a big city cop. Assbites always run, fight, spit on you (HIV?), swear, threaten to kill you, try to escape, make false complaints, and lie with most every word.
And then cant figure out how come they catch a beat'n :220v:

Wet Dream
11-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Search youtube for "tazer". Good stuff there. :D

Kilrtoy
11-20-2006, 09:50 PM
YEP

SnakeWrench
11-20-2006, 10:21 PM
The problem as far as I am seeing it is that most people are expecting police to over react. Why, Look at the media. They never say when an officer does his job to perfection, only when they have to react to something and we only get to see what the officer is doing.
One thing that does bite my ass and I am very outspoken in is the school police that don't know when to stop and when to back off. I have seen enough school cop issues to realize that it is obvioius that my kids are safer at home. The proctors at my sons school had an issue with my son, and completely overreacted to it. I had some very strong words for the school board and the school.
I gaurantee one thing, any school cop or proctor touches my son the way that some of these kids have been delt with on tape, and that dude will be lucky to keep his manhood when he's done. They should be put in prison just like anyone else..
My 2 cents. Sorry about the rant. Just got me fired up...

BoatPI
11-21-2006, 06:45 AM
As an example of how the biased media speaks i just watched channel 7 news in LA. The reporter was on a story of how LAPD is going to install digital cameras and recorders in 200 cars. She said " the department hopes that with the cameras installed in cars incidents like these will not take place". She was refering to the strikes rendered upon the guy in the Hollywood taping.
Well anyone with common sense knows none of this violence can be prevented unless we eliminate all public contact with the police, not too pratical is it.
So to hear these talking heads go claiming "the department" hopes for this..BS, who said that, NO ONE of course, it is all made up by script writers and put into a teleprompter, no quotes, just biased reporting. Just another way to spew out continual negative BS so some will beleive that the statement is fact.
The truth be known most officers would love to have cameras to protect themselves from false complaints.

SnakeWrench
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
As an example of how the biased media speaks i just watched channel 7 news in LA. The reporter was on a story of how LAPD is going to install digital cameras and recorders in 200 cars. She said " the department hopes that with the cameras installed in cars incidents like these will not take place". She was refering to the strikes rendered upon the guy in the Hollywood taping.
Well anyone with common sense knows none of this violence can be prevented unless we eliminate all public contact with the police, not too pratical is it.
So to hear these talking heads go claiming "the department" hopes for this..BS, who said that, NO ONE of course, it is all made up by script writers and put into a teleprompter, no quotes, just biased reporting. Just another way to spew out continual negative BS so some will beleive that the statement is fact.
The truth be known most officers would love to have cameras to protect themselves from false complaints.
One thing that I think will work is if the officers that are accused of things like this, if found guilty, should be put in the GP in the prison with the one he beat the crap out of. Don't take this wrong because I have the utmost respect for most police, and show that every day, BUT, the ones that abuse the power they have, or can't control their tempers, are trash and should not be officers. It pisses me off when I see an officer get caught on tape, and what does he get, He gets suspended, then his life goes on as an officer. Why is it ok for an officer to beat the crap out of someone, get caught, and not get charged with assault? There is a problem with our legel system.
NOTHING against any police on this board, unless you are a less than honorable one, but they all come out in the wash. On the other hand, I have many friends that are officers and are straight up guys, with even tempers, (accept for one) But that is a story for another day.

LHC Kirby
11-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Have you ever seent he Chris Rock segment that deals with "How not get beat by the PO-lice!"
It is quite funny and true . . . .

SnakeWrench
11-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Yes it is funny, and true. As amny police are on this board, I really thought that there would be more input from them.