PDA

View Full Version : CL's and LF's......

DILLIGAF
11-20-2006, 06:47 PM
any predicitions on the game tomorrow night?
The Clips have been winning but not impressively. Brand is rounding back into shape and Magettee is a nightmare for the opponents off the bench. TT is actually a hell of a team player and is doing whatever needs to be done. Caveman is still hurting and not in the flow. Sam is Sam and is doing his thing. Cat is hitting his shots and looking like last year was just a bad shooting year because of his hurt hand. QRoss is a stopper definsively and is hitting his shots when they are there. Livinston is one player who really needs to step it up. He isn't responding right now for whatever reason. The Clips aren't hitting their FT's like they are capable of.
If the Clips play that tough D and run when the opportunity is there without slowing it down intentionally they will win the game. It will probably come down to FT's and if so they will win it by 3-4 points.
Alright.....spit it out fans

a catered life
11-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Anybody want to get in on this bet? Keyes and I made a friendly wager.
Come on you friggin' LF's....
If the Clips win how about you put in your sig line same size, script, color, etc:
The Clippers are the second best NBA team in LA right now and owe the Lakers for everything that comes their way for letting them play in the same building as them
If the Lakers win I will put this in my sig line put in my sig line same size, script, color, etc:
The Clippers are and will always be the JV NBA team in LA until they get their own court, championship banners, championship winners parade, and rings
You got to keep the sig up for two weeks.
i take some of that :p

HavasuSelect
11-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm in. Go Clippers :)

dmontzsta
11-20-2006, 09:46 PM
If Farmar and Turiaf are not back, it will be tough. The clippers cannot guard Kobe or Lamar, they have nobody who can neutralize them if they go off. If Lamar has a good night, they will win...then again they will win most games if he plays well. Kwame is starting to come around and was banging the shit out of the inside last game, so Brand should be good for him, bang him in to shape more. Who knows...anyones game with as slumped as both teams have been playing.

Ivan Dan
11-20-2006, 11:19 PM
L A K E R S

AirtimeLavey
11-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Anybody want to get in on this bet? Keyes and I made a friendly wager.
Come on you friggin' LF's....
If the Clips win how about you put in your sig line same size, script, color, etc:
The Clippers are the best NBA team in LA right now and own the Lakers
If the Lakers win I will put this in my sig line put in my sig line same size, script, color, etc:
The Clippers are the JV NBA team in LA and the Lakers still own them
You got to keep the sig up for two weeks.
Lol...I'm in.
Looking forward to the game. Radman tore us up last year, but now he's playing for the good guys. Hopefully, LO and Radman can get fired up and step up against their former team. Bummer that Farmar's out, but I guess we'll see what Sasha and Shammond can bring. Bynum had another great game last night.
Clips have more time playing together, but the Lakers are gonna get over on them. Lake show by 8.

Havasu Hangin'
11-21-2006, 05:05 AM
We'll be there tonight. I actually may have an extra ticket or two.... :idea:

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Here is some good reading courtesy of the Associated Press.
By The Associated Press
November 20, 2006
The city rivals meet for the first time this season Tuesday night, with the Lakers as the home team at Staples Center.
The Lakers (7-3) are one of the most storied franchises in sports, and their fan base usually dwarfs that of the Clippers (6-2), who have languished as one of the NBA's doormats for much of their existence.
As the Clippers' top perimeter defender, Quinton Ross is accustomed to difficult defensive assignments.
Defending Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is high on the list, Ross said, and he faces that challenge again tonight at Staples Center.
"He just makes so many plays and so many tough shots," Ross said. "You can try to cut off angles, but he finds a way. He's just a great player."
For all the talk about first place in the Pacific Division being at stake, as well as early-season bragging rights, Lakers coach Phil Jackson faces a big decision as his team plays host to the Clippers tonight.
Does Jackson opt to start centers Andrew Bynum and Kwame Brown in the same lineup and match up against the Clippers' Elton Brand and Chris Kaman with his best combination of size and strength?
Bynum and Brown have not played in the same starting five together and both are best suited to play center.
Jackson's answer Monday to a question about starting the two together was, "Right now, I would say no, but there's a chance."

Hardly Satisfied
11-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Lakers will WIN

Cole Trickle
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
I heard Vegas has the Lakers favored by 3 going into the game. :)
<------ Laker Fan :crossx:

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 09:24 AM
I will be watching.

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 09:32 AM
If the Lakers win it will shut up some CFs for a while. Also, if they win it will show how deep they are to them!!! Especially since they are going to be missing a firecracker off the bench at the PG position (Farmar) and they are still missing a 7'1" Center who was starting to play a great game (Mihm) and they might also be missing a guy who is probably the closest todays Dennis Rodman and he comes off the bench (Turiaf). Should be great, the TIVO is set.

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 09:39 AM
I think KTLA is showing the game in high def.

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
If the Lakers win it will shut up some CFs for a while. Also, if they win it will show how deep they are to them!!! Especially since they are going to be missing a firecracker off the bench at the PG position (Farmar) and they are still missing a 7'1" Center who was starting to play a great game (Mihm) and they might also be missing a guy who is probably the closest todays Dennis Rodman and he comes off the bench (Turiaf). Should be great, the TIVO is set.
Lakers are not 100%, even the players who are playing are not, but if they bring it, they should come out with a win. Either way, this is only one game of 4 and being this early in the season, it really does not mean much, at least not to me.

Ivan Dan
11-21-2006, 10:29 AM
So...you in on the bet Dan?
Sure why not :220v: :skull:

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Lakers are not 100%, even the players who are playing are not, but if they bring it, they should come out with a win. Either way, this is only one game of 4 and being this early in the season, it really does not mean much, at least not to me.
Very true, but it could be the difference at the end of the season. :)

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 02:19 PM
http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_113000/FF_113730_s.jpg

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 02:23 PM
i know we all love our own local teams, but lets jump around the states for a minute ::: utah 10-1 ? phx 4-6 ? miami 4-5 ? minn. 3-6 ? detroit 5-5 ? orlando 7-4 ? ... a ton of surprises huh ? nice parity going on in the nba, a la' the nfl ...... keyes
Yes there is a lot of parity going on, but it is still early so who knows what will happen.

acatitude
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
cmon dmonzta take the bet after all your mouthin about the lakers take the bet you crack me up better get backup lites for your rubble

HavasuSelect
11-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I already tried that :rolleyes:
According to the internet the Clippers are on a 13-0 run....WOW!
Kobe's on fire but Brand is looking good too. He had a MONSTER DUNK.

HavasuSelect
11-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Clippers 25 Lakers 27 at the end of the 1st quarter. Kobe has 20 of the Lakers points.

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
DILLF seems to be picking out the worst things he can find, but he fails to see the clippers are still down, even as bad as the Lakers are playing, how does that make you feel?

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Well, as you said halftime aint shit? We will see if the rest of them step up, if they do, you are going to be looking at a bigger deficit. The thing is, why not use Kobe? the clippers cannot stop him, so he can run wild on their asses. A win is a win and a lead is a lead.
I didnt even see your bet, most of your long posts I skip right through, cause it is all hate. :)

AirtimeLavey
11-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Lakers have the Clips handled. Gotta say, Kaveman does have a good low post spin move. LO's disappearing act is getting old. Lakes do need some offense from some of the others, but shouldn't be a problem getting it done tonight. :cool:

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Yup. The Lakers are only at about 85% too, no Farmar, they have not even used Turiaf, Williams, Cook, Mihm is out, Kobe is only 90%, Radmanovic is 85%. Good stuff, once they get mid-end season they should be clicking on all cylinders and rocking some shit.

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Both teams are playing tight, you can tell by there short free throws and short jumpers, even Cassell. Hopefully they will come out more loose in the second half.

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Third quarter started hot for both teams. Third quarter is done and the Lakers are leading by 9.

acatitude
11-21-2006, 09:41 PM
the boy talks big shit once the fakers got ahead but no balls to back them before it started your a twip.... :yuk: gutless bandwagon jumper

slink
11-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Lakers ice cold and sloppy 85-83 clipps

slink
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
He is one ugly mofo.....I can't debate that at all. I bet even his Mom thinks he is ugly :)
He's also fouled out w/ 5min to go

slink
11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Lakers havent made a FG in the 4th WTF

slink
11-21-2006, 09:56 PM
91 all 305 left

AirtimeLavey
11-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Lakers spotted the Clips the first half of the 4th, and Lakes still going to win. :crossx:

slink
11-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Look at the stats on Foxsports Jeff. The only way the Lakers are staying in this game is on the Clips TO's and the FT attempts they are getting.
Isn't that why they play the game? I could give a rats azz about stats. The only one that matters is W or L :)

slink
11-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Not looking good for the Clips on the internet :(
Same picture as TV down 7 with about 130 left

AirtimeLavey
11-21-2006, 10:03 PM
He is one ugly mofo.....I can't debate that at all. I bet even his Mom thinks he is ugly :)
LMAO...They're team fugly.

slink
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Game over :)

Ivan Dan
11-21-2006, 10:12 PM
L A K E R S
That was a pretty pitiful performance by the Lakes but a W is a W from where I'm sittin.

slink
11-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Uh come on Tom, dont go all 14 yrs old on us now. Post up the original bet, nothing more nothing less

AirtimeLavey
11-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Looks like Walton got the Clips there when they were making a run at the end. Oh well.....
A deal is a deal....
ROTFLMAO.....I had to explain to my wife what the hell I was laughing at. I said just living in the now, baby, and oh yeah there's this guy who has to post this in his sig..... :rollside: :crossx: I love LA............Lakers. :cool:
BTW, I think it your whole statement should stay in your sig. Kinda shows the pain you're in....again. :rollside:

djunkie
11-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey Tom, if you aren't already, I'd advise you to get drunk and go on a rampage in here tonight. I'll be back at 3 am looking forward to something to read. :crossx: :crossx:

Ivan Dan
11-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Great to see Tom....
The Clippers are the JV NBA team in LA and the Lakers still own them

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Cassell was pist when he came bacck in the game. I know SL was hot, but why not put him in there with Cassell and maybe double that. Dunleavy messed up again, not surprised at all.

slink
11-21-2006, 10:21 PM
I did, WTF!
The bet was the 1st line, not the second. Don't be a whelcher

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Sorry Tom, I have to agree about the disclaimer you have, you are looking like a sore looser.

AirtimeLavey
11-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry Tom, I have to agree about the disclaimer you have, you are looking like a sore looser.
No, leave it in, it shows his pain.... :crossx:

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:22 PM
**** THE clippers.
Seriously, the Lakers played sub-par compared to most games. Also, the Lakers didnt even go deep into their bench. If Mihm resigns they Lakers are huge in the middle. You have Bynum/Kwame and Mihm/Turiaf, that is DEEP! Farmar, Cook, the list goes on. The Lakers are a better team, hands down. I am sure this debate can go on and on. The bottom line is Lakers 8-3, clippers 6-3 F them, Bynum and Brown did great neutralizing Brand too.
The Lakers didnt have to look to far to spot the clippers weakness and that was guarding Kobe, he went off on them and is averaging 38ppg against the clippers, they have no answer for him and never will.

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 10:24 PM
F THAT! Work the friggin' system. Don't hate the player hate the game
I hear ya. By the way, the game looked great in high def.

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:25 PM
:rolleyes:
OKIE DOKIE
lol
You are lost in your clipper world...
:)

AirtimeLavey
11-21-2006, 10:28 PM
**** THE clippers.
Seriously, the Lakers played sub-par compared to most games. Also, the Lakers didnt even go deep into their bench. If Mihm resigns they Lakers are huge in the middle. You have Bynum/Kwame and Mihm/Turiaf, that is DEEP! Farmar, Cook, the list goes on. The Lakers are a better team, hands down. I am sure this debate can go on and on. The bottom line is Lakers 8-3, clippers 6-3 F them, Bynum and Brown did great neutralizing Brand too.
The Lakers didnt have to look to far to spot the clippers weakness and that was guarding Kobe, he went off on them and is averaging 38ppg against the clippers, they have no answer for him and never will.
Preach on, brotha.... :cool:

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:30 PM
You LF's are whining again.....lol
Actually, the LF fans have class. I do believe when the clippers won there was 100 threads about F the Lakers, go clippers. I guess it really is a big deal whenver the clippers beat the Lakers. You did not watch the game so I guess you did not see all the stats...one of them was that the clippers have only beat the Lakers in a season series ONCE in 31 years. lol.

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Better than being a LF any day of the week. LF's are a dime a dozen while CF's are more rare and dedicated.
Thats ok, It is a fun ride being a LF.

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:31 PM
i sure wish tom saw this game on a television set rather than thru "morse" code ... the lakes shot 37% from the field and still beat the world champion "jv" team .... lets do this in two weeks when they play on our home court and say it's their "home" court :rolleyes: keyes
lol

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Did you feel that way when Raja Bell ****ed you guys in the ass?
haha
How did he do that? Really, I do not remember and it really does not matter, cause he did not get far either. Like it has been said Tom, people only remember the winners.

Jyruiz
Did you feel that way when Raja Bell ****ed you guys in the ass?
haha
Wow, somebody is pist there team lost. It is probably the drinks talking.

dmontzsta
You sure about that Nostradamus? Remember that the Clips were also in Buffalo. How far back you want to take this?
I don't know but I can see Don frantically checking the internet for team records from the 50's and 60's.....lol
****in' biach
It does not matter...live in the now. lol

Jyruiz
11-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Shit...my emotional stability is not affected by the Clippers winning or losing Juan. It is just good fun to talk about it. I have only had a few glasses of wine. Not the alcohol.
Cool, can't wait to read what you post after several more drinks. :crossx:

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:47 PM
You can but I know you are scared of those Clips. You don't talk as much shit as you used to simply because the Clips have been smackin' you the **** up. Not tonight but it seems that you are capable of learning. Something I doubted before.....lol
I don't talk as much shit cause it is like picking on the little retarded kid. What do you want me to say? The Lakers are a better club and the clippers have not proved a thing.
Kwame Brown came off the bench and got 14 rebounds, Elton Brand the starter had 15. Just face the music, the clippers had their little surge during the Lakers 2 year rebuilding period after Shaq left, now the Lakers have bounced right back and the clippers 15 minutes of fame is fading fast.
Stats do not even show how good the Lakers are right now.

dmontzsta
11-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Night Don. We will continue this next time the Clips-Lakers play
Have a good one, dont get so drunk that your head spins. hasta!