PDA

View Full Version : I got a vibration.

Mr. Crusader 83
11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
I had MPD rebuild my pump. After the rebuild, I installed 2 new motor mounts and took her to the lake. (I had a 3 point and went to a 4 point.) While speeding up it vibrated. Once you were at speed it stopped. If you got back on the gas it vibrated again. It only vibrates when your on the gas. I was told that the motor was too high in the back.
ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS?

lil man wayne
11-21-2006, 10:15 AM
i would leave the vibration the chicks dig it!!

beerjet
11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I had MPD rebuild my pump. After the rebuild, I installed 2 new motor mounts and took her to the lake. (I had a 3 point and went to a 4 point.) While speeding up it vibrated. Once you were at speed it stopped. If you got back on the gas it vibrated again. It only vibrates when your on the gas. I was told that the motor was too high in the back.
ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS?
I would think if it was a misalighnment problem , it would vibrate all the time .I've felt the viberations and its got to be the pump since its the only thing that has changed . Or it's the u-joints . Those are relativley cheap too.
-beerjet-

Jetaholic
11-21-2006, 08:31 PM
I would think if it was a misalighnment problem , it would vibrate all the time .I've felt the viberations and its got to be the pump since its the only thing that has changed . Or it's the u-joints . Those are relativley cheap too.
-beerjet-
Yeah that's if he has the type that bolt onto the splined part. Some U-joint assemblies don't come apart like that. In that case you'd have to buy a new PTO shaft, which run around $200. But if it is that, change it over to the type that unbolts the splined attachment. Then you can replace it with a truck U-joint for around $15 in the future.

beerjet
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah that's if he has the type that bolt onto the splined part. Some U-joint assemblies don't come apart like that. In that case you'd have to buy a new PTO shaft, which run around $200. But if it is that, change it over to the type that unbolts the splined attachment. Then you can replace it with a truck U-joint for around $15 in the future.
I went for a ride in it once and its not a ton of vibration but you can definatly feel it . I guess I should have looked back there since we were talkin about it.
-beerjet-

Oldsquirt
11-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Not really sure what you are trying to describe, but, as a mechanic, I can tell you that all the normally used drivelines in jet applications have replaceable u-joints. No need to replace a driveline just because a joint went bad.
Crusader, did you install the motor at the same height and angle with the new mounts as it was with the old mounts?

Bow Tie Omega
11-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Actually, you can take the drive line to a drive line specialty shop. I had the press fit universals with the c-clip keepers, not the bolt on keeper type. I had the old universals pressed out, new ones installed and the drive line balanced all for $87.50 out the door

Mr. Crusader 83
11-22-2006, 05:04 AM
everything is put back to the way it was before the pump rebuild

flat broke
11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
everything is put back to the way it was before the pump rebuild Including the old mounts that were used before the pump was rebuilt? And were they installed at the same angle as the first time? If someone told you it was too high in the back, did you bother to look at the driveline angle and see if they might be right?
Chris