PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Kids small Quad

Riveratz
11-21-2006, 10:41 AM
I am looking for a kids small quad... Does anyone know who makes one like the Suzuki LT50 or smaller? I saw a little quad one time at Havasu Landing this year? Any info?
Any help is appreciated

Mrs Bad Puddy Tat
11-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Riveratz.
A friend of mine owns Jack Rabbit Motorsports in Havasu. They sell all the chinese quads and buggies. He has several makes of 50"s that even come with a remote kill switch. These quads are significantly cheaper than Suzuki/Honda etc. Especially since your child will probably grow out of it in a year or two. Anyway the owners name is Frank. Tell him that Kim and Bob sent you. I have a 160 04 Suzuki for sale at a good price and in mint condition. But that sounds like it maybe too much bike for what your looking for.
Good luck :) :)

HMF'er
11-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Kawasaki has the KFX 50, probably the same as the Suzuki. The 07 model of the KFX 50 is taller than the 06, so if you're looking for something small, check out the 06 model. I would stay away from those quads you buy at the auto parts stores.

GOFSTSUMDAY
11-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I bought this little kazuma 50 for my boy this last spring for around $500 brand new. He has ridden the crap out of it without any problems. I did have to adjust the valves after about a month, but that is it. They are not the best bike you can buy, but for a four year old that is only going to ride it for a couple of years, you can't beat the price.

Tunnel Vision
11-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Stay away from the Suzuki Z50, I just bought my little (40lbs) boy one. For the first few weeks around the pasture it was fine, he got used to the power what little there is so off to the Oregon dunes and if you even say hill to loud it stops with the throttle set at max and the CVT spacer removed.
Not knowing your little ones experience you look into something a little larger.
I too bought because of the seat height, frame size and controls but now in retrospect I should have bought the 90cc.
my .02
TV

ryantparks
11-21-2006, 12:32 PM
my son rides a polaris preditor 50(2 stroke) with electric start and we love it. Its by far not the cheapest but sometimes you get what you pay for

Riveratz
11-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all the responses so far. I started at a young age and want my son to also. I definately have more info now than when I started.

Ziggy
11-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I have a '04 Polaris Preditor90 for sale....Daughter rode it for 1 1/2 seasons, i.e. about 6-7 trips to Glamis and one ride around Havasu. Like said above, its a nice bike, reliable, electric start(or kick) and a horn which I liked her to have. Comes with brand new paddles and Exhaust system.
I started her on a smaller 60 and probably should have started her on the 90 instead. She's been riding since 3 1/2 yrs old.

djunkie
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Priceless picture. Talk about a kid with no worries right here. Great pic. :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20180

GOFSTSUMDAY
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I took that pic the first day he got the bike. He and I had a boys day together, so we went to hooters for lunch and went and bought him his bike. I made it clear that day, that I expected his bike to look as clean as it was when we bought it after everytime he rides it. To this day, he will even pull it out of the garage just to wash it if it has even the smallest amount of dust on it. Now if I could just get him to care about his bedroom this much.... :rolleyes: He was on top of the world that afternoon! I couldn't ask for a better son.

djunkie
11-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I took that pic the first day he got the bike. He and I had a boys day together, so we went to hooters for lunch and went and bought him his bike. I made it clear that day, that I expected his bike to look as clean as it was when we bought it after everytime he rides it. To this day, he will even pull it out of the garage just to wash it if it has even the smallest amount of dust on it. Now if I could just get him to care about his bedroom this much.... :rolleyes: He was on top of the world that afternoon! I couldn't ask for a better son.
That is awesome. Kids remember stuff like that. I remember when my dad brought home my Honda 70 3 wheeler. I felt like I was King. :rollside: :rollside: