PDA

View Full Version : E-mail recovery?

Outnumbered
11-22-2006, 09:54 AM
OK, good news is that I was able to salvage most of my work and personal stuff after my harddrive crashed. Bad news is I lost my inbox. Anybody know how to recover Outlook Express? I am willing to buy a program if there is a good one out there. I have found mixed reviews on the internet.
Thanks.

LHC30Victory
11-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Company called Paraben has a good product, Email Examiner that should do the trick.....
here is the link...
http://www.paraben-forensics.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=101
good luck....let me know if you need help.

BajaMike
11-22-2006, 10:38 AM
OK, good news is that I was able to salvage most of my work and personal stuff after my harddrive crashed. Bad news is I lost my inbox. Anybody know how to recover Outlook Express? I am willing to buy a program if there is a good one out there. I have found mixed reviews on the internet.
Thanks.
Are all the files still intact on the hard drive??

Cole Sanger
11-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Look for a .pst file.

Outnumbered
11-22-2006, 11:06 AM
OK, I called the guy who recovered my HD and he walked me thru it. The DBX files are hidden so that is why I could not find them. Once I searched and located them it was a piece of cake to import them into OE using the "import from stored location" option.
If anyone needs to do this feel free to PM me and I will show you how.
Thanks again for offering your help. This has been a total nightmare and I really appreciate all your efforts.