PDA

View Full Version : Header Help

Larry
01-22-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm looking for a set of BBC headers, and I'm not sure if I should get the long or short ones...kind of a newbie question I know, but I am one :D
How do I determine which to get?
http://homepages.donobi.net/unionguy/ColeWeb/images/Cole%20TR2%20018_jpg.jpg

DUNDUN
01-22-2006, 10:28 PM
the logs in that picture are pretty nice.. why not use those?

ColeTR2
01-23-2006, 08:05 PM
This boat is very clean just leave it stock. And lose that air scoop.

RICHARD TILL
01-23-2006, 08:25 PM
short headers. not the twisted kind. the boat will look, sound and run lot better.

olbiezer
01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
i got to go with coletr2 on that one......dump the mr roboto scoop.....great looking boat otherwise

DUNDUN
01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
i think a vintage fiberglass scoop would fit that boat very well. just my .02
if i had to choose between short or long.. twistie or strait, it choose the short and strait. they do look and sound way better. but i really like the manifolds. keep it nostalgic. :)

ColeTR2
01-23-2006, 09:31 PM
This boat is a classic ColeTR2 Ski boat. The cleanest I have seen it's almost all stock, back to back seats and the molding around the deck. If you what a loud fast ColeTR2 drag boat don't try to turn this boat into one, go buy one . It's a ski boat! All you will do is make this boat depreciate. And F it up. it's like if you had a Hemi Cuda all stock and you turn it in to a drag car buy taking a the seats out wheel tubs with big tires, putting after market headers on it roll cage. 100k car now worth 5k.

DUNDUN
01-23-2006, 11:12 PM
This boat is a classic ColeTR2 Ski boat. The cleanest I have seen it's almost all stock, back to back seats and the molding around the deck. If you what a loud fast ColeTR2 drag boat don't try to turn this boat into one, go buy one . It's a ski boat! All you will do is make this boat depreciate. And F it up. it's like if you had a Hemi Cuda all stock and you turn it in to a drag car buy taking a the seats out wheel tubs with big tires, putting after market headers on it roll cage. 100k car now worth 5k.
which is why the exhaust manifolds are so perfect for this boat.

Larry
01-24-2006, 05:14 AM
OK, the manifold stays...and the scoop was put on as a joke...this one goes back on as soon as the weather warms up...

ColeTR2
01-24-2006, 06:44 AM
OK, the manifold stays...and the scoop was put on as a joke...this one goes back on as soon as the weather warms up...
The boat looks great behind the yellow jeep. Nice set-up!!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10756

GofastRacer
01-24-2006, 08:33 AM
That is one cool boat, I wouldn't change a thing!.. :cool:

Warlockjer
01-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Who make a muffler for the OT exhaust?? Similar to the ones on this boat??

Carnivalride
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
short headers. not the twisted kind. the boat will look, sound and run lot better.
Ok, if he was to change to headers why not the "twisted" kind? Do they have a little more back pressure than the traditional style headers? How is the sound different? I've always had the "twisted" on mine seems to sound OK, for the engine I have. :)

dossangers
01-24-2006, 09:36 AM
http://www.bassettracing.com/images/90002.jpg Who make a muffler for the OT exhaust?? Similar to the ones on this boat??
Positive performance makes custom headers with trick mufflers thats the way im going on the SS :boxed: :boxed: BASSETT shorty std headers look best on a flatty!!

Rattle Can Lou
01-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Doss, are these supposed to work on lake laws for noise?

dossangers
01-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Ill find out dont know yet but maybe the apperance will go along way! Leach does a great job they look great for a muffler.

RICHARD TILL
01-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Carnivalride, theres nothing wrong with the twisted headers. i just like the looks of the straight better. i`m 50/50 partnership in a dragboat. when we built it my partner liked twisted better. i`ve got straight on my lakeboat and he has twisted on his. we flipped a coin. it got new short rewarder straight headers. as far as the sound, i dont think theres 50 cents difference. i do think that either of them would sound a heck of a lot better than what he has. make the boat look and perform better too. i`d get those manifolds and pipes off there so quick it would`nt be funny.

Carnivalride
01-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Carnivalride, theres nothing wrong with the twisted headers. i just like the looks of the straight better. i`m 50/50 partnership in a dragboat. when we built it my partner liked twisted better. i`ve got straight on my lakeboat and he has twisted on his. we flipped a coin. it got new short rewarder straight headers. as far as the sound, i dont think theres 50 cents difference. i do think that either of them would sound a heck of a lot better than what he has. make the boat look and perform better too. i`d get those manifolds and pipes off there so quick it would`nt be funny.
Opps, guess I read the original post wrong. I guess you meant the headers would sound better than the log manifolds he has. :)