PDA

View Full Version : Interior Stain Problem

talbert450r
11-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Why would my vinyl interior start getting yellow stains showing up around the bottom of the entire boat. The stains are approx 6-10 above the floor and look like the stains you see on celing tiles when the roof leaks.
Could this be caused by a bad batch of vinyl?

SOCALDETAIL1
11-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Why would my vinyl interior start getting yellow stains showing up around the bottom of the entire boat. The stains are approx 6-10 above the floor and look like the stains you see on celing tiles when the roof leaks.
Could be glue. PM me some pics and I will tell you what it is and the solution. Mark

talbert450r
11-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Could be glue. PM me some pics and I will tell you what it is and the solution. Mark
Ill get some pics up in a day or two, The boat is in storage now. Ive tried everything to try to get rid of it. Vinyl Sauce (awsome product), Vineger, Meguires Vinyl cleaner.

talbert450r
11-22-2006, 08:12 PM
BTW, would you travel out to Hemet when im ready to get my boat detailed after winter?

H20 Toie
11-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I have some yellow stains starting to show on the white part of the engine cover and from what i have heard it is probably from suntan lotion

voodoomedman
11-22-2006, 10:14 PM
I don't know dude. Maybe from mixing some of your cleaning solutions. Ask John. He'll know if it's been happening to other boats and will take care of it if so. If it's some sort of chemical reaction to something I'm sure you can get it out with the right stuff.

SOCALDETAIL1
11-23-2006, 12:27 AM
BTW, would you travel out to Hemet when im ready to get my boat detailed after winter?
Usually the suntan lotion is on the top surfaces and does come out, but on the bottoms it is usually glue or oil. It could be lots of things like if plastic bags are left on the floor or seats the dye will transfer onto the viynl, Yea we can go out to Hemet to detail her, give me a call or PM, right now we are booked 2 weeks out (kind of funny but the weather has been good) Mark

talbert450r
11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I don't know dude. Maybe from mixing some of your cleaning solutions. Ask John. He'll know if it's been happening to other boats and will take care of it if so. If it's some sort of chemical reaction to something I'm sure you can get it out with the right stuff.
The stain started showing up a week after I picked the boat up, before I even used any cleaning solution on the vinyl and I never had anything yellow on the boat. It's only happening on the vertical surfaces near the floor. Very Strange. I think it is bad vinyl and maybee when the vinyl gets hot it sweats ths crap out?

HOOTER SLED-
11-23-2006, 09:17 PM
cum stains??? LOL :crossx:

talbert450r
11-23-2006, 09:21 PM
cum stains??? LOL :crossx:
:rollside:

ULTRA26 # 1
11-23-2006, 10:05 PM
The stain started showing up a week after I picked the boat up, before I even used any cleaning solution on the vinyl and I never had anything yellow on the boat. It's only happening on the vertical surfaces near the floor. Very Strange. I think it is bad vinyl and maybee when the vinyl gets hot it sweats ths crap out?
Talbert, What you are describing doesn't sound good at all. If I were you, I would give JW a call next week. It sounds to me like the vinyl is reacting to something that's going on behind it.
John M