PDA

View Full Version : California Delta Question

HappyHour
01-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey everyone,
I was just looking for some info on the Delta. The wife and I have never been there and are very curious about campgrounds, RV parks, up in that area. I'm guessing the Stockton area. We are looking for a good, nice, campground (prefferably with hookups) where we can bring our boat for a weekend of fun and shananigins. We would prefer somewhere on the southern end so we aren't making an entire day of driving there. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated......... :)
Thanks,
Mike

Cas
01-23-2006, 01:17 AM
KOA at Tower Park probably has the best overall amenities, except for the launh ramp. Even with the crumby launch you can have them launch your boat with a tractor for a little extra charge....that makes it real easy.
Tower Park is also real easy to get to, 99 or 5 to hwy 12, west on 12 5 lies off hwy 5 and you're there.
For info on more Delta camping, here's a pretty good website for all kinds of Delta stuff
California Delta Chamber and Visitor's Bureau (http://www.californiadelta.org/index.htm)

LoveMyRiver
02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
We're also looking for a Delta vacation this summer. We usually do an annual trip to Shasta with RV's and boats, but would like to try something else. I've been internet seaching campgrounds. Any comments on Snug Harbor on Ryder Island? I'd love to hear any input. We go 2-3 families with the kids.

deltarat
02-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Tower Park is about the nicest place to stay with your families, it is a KOA campground and that is one of the nicest areas in the Delta to enjoy

Rocket-J
02-18-2006, 08:06 PM
One of my favorites is Sugar Barge. www.sugarbarge.com will give you the info. The cleanest place I have seen on the Delta. Good launch and restaurant with covered berths. It is on the south end of the Delta not far from Discovery Bay. Much nicer than Snug Harbor and way closer to you.
Good luck. :cool: Al

ELIMINAT THIS
02-19-2006, 08:38 AM
We're also looking for a Delta vacation this summer. We usually do an annual trip to Shasta with RV's and boats, but would like to try something else. I've been internet seaching campgrounds. Any comments on Snug Harbor on Ryder Island? I'd love to hear any input. We go 2-3 families with the kids.
Snug Harbor is hands down the nicest campground I have ever stayed at on or off the Delta. If I remember Camp world mag. has rated it in the top 10 campgrounds in the U.S. :) If you want to stay up late and party its not the best place to go.

acatitude
02-19-2006, 08:53 AM
I would agrre snug harbor is very nice. you can have your rv right on water and new docks right there also. its close to main channel but not real rough there. big parking area also.
Id rate sugar barge 2nd then tower just my 02

Rocket-J
02-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Kaler.
Do you try to take a motor home and boat on the ferry to Snug Harbor, or do you drive way north to the bridge?
I liked parking the boat close to the motor home. That is a plus. I didn't like the dust or store and the ramp is very small if there are several people launching at the same time. Also, the last time I was there, several people were blowing through the 5mph zone and beating the boat against the dock. It is a main channel with too much traffic. The boat cops were working it but it is too late it you are docked there. We won't go back again. Just my penny's worth. :yuk: Al

ELIMINAT THIS
02-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Al, The store is the down fall (if you want to call it a store) I parked on the inside dock,no issues with wakes. As for the ferry my uncle is the captain so when I go over,he pushes it way up on the ramp so the trailer doesnt drag. :)

acatitude
02-19-2006, 12:01 PM
guess it depends which way you come from i drove my motor home right to it no ferry and had a nice spot on water . I didnt notice any fly bys when I was there Al. maybe I was out when they came racing by. i wouldnt have liked that either