PDA

View Full Version : Took The Sanger Out Today

sanger mike
11-23-2006, 07:20 PM
well i decided too run up to the afterbay today and put the sanger in the water. its been a loooooonnnnggg time and i though i would never finish this boat, there were times that i though i would have to sell it. but i stuck it out and man does it feel good. everything went great no leaks :) boat ran strong (a little fat) but hey it's better than too lean. just wanted to run it to break it in and shake it down. no boats on the water and all buy myself (with cell) cold and windy. :skull: took it up to about 4500rpm. didn't want to push it yet. :crossx: water temp jumped up to 205 and then came down and held 140-145 oil press held at 60-65 the whole time. :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/115112306_008.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/115112306_009.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/115112306_011.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/115112306_010.jpg

NUTHIN
11-23-2006, 07:26 PM
good looking boat! I always liked the sanger!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Looks killer mike. Glad to see that you finally finished her. Its kinda like having a new child:p

b's sanger
11-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Looks great Mike. Congrats!!!!!!

sanger mike
11-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Looks killer mike. Glad to see that you finally finished her. Its kinda like having a new child:p
ya i think i just gave birth. when i blipped the throtle :crossx:

atxwrangler
11-23-2006, 07:46 PM
sweet, very sweet!

707dog
11-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Bad Azz Bro!!

zipper
11-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Look's killer.Ican't wait to see it :boxed:

Kindsvater Flat
11-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Good lookin carbs and spacers :D Even though I pick my stuff up monday it will be awhile before I put it together. BTW I told you it would be on the fat side. Glad you finally got it out.

sanger mike
11-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Good lookin carbs and spacers :D Even though I pick my stuff up monday it will be awhile before I put it together. BTW I told you it would be on the fat side. Glad you finally got it out.
hey i tryed to call you but nooo you got to do the holiday thing :) maybe i dont have a life :rolleyes: oh and this time you really need to take along time on that blower build :idea: :cool: k-flat I appreciate you letting me borrow your carbs this would not have happend so soon. thanks

Sanger Jet
11-24-2006, 05:52 AM
Huffer looks awsome!!! Is that a full stringer boat?

sanger mike
11-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Huffer looks awsome!!! Is that a full stringer boat?
no, stringer box with floor.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-24-2006, 09:04 AM
ya i think i just gave birth. when i blipped the throtle :crossx:
I bet you did;) I will be feeling the same when I finish my 540;)

zipper
11-24-2006, 09:59 AM
396 what are you putin your 540
in?Ijust finished mine so I was just
curious? :cool:

Clearlake Kid
11-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Way to go Mike, it looks like it was worth the wait. Very nice. :crossx:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-24-2006, 10:52 AM
396 what are you putin your 540
in?Ijust finished mine so I was just
curious? :cool:
Dont know yet. I might be running a 565. I am still gathering info. What did you use? Did you dyno? What kind of hp #'s??
I know that Im going 13-1,big solid roller,aluminum heads and I want 825hp.

LakesOnly
11-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey Mike it's great to see the boat all together again. Those pic's do NOT do it justice, though. Wish I could have been there testing with ya, with my boat and its brand new fuel lines all ready to go. But apparently you didn't need a chase boat. You forgot to tell eveyone that GPS says it got into the mid 70's at only 4500 rpm with a very brief 1st run throttle stab. :crossx:
LO

MR.T
11-24-2006, 05:34 PM
What the F#@! You to good to call a V-drive guy to be a chase boat? Looks good for a ditch pump J/K.

QuickJet
11-24-2006, 06:50 PM
What the F#@! You to good to call a V-drive guy to be a chase boat? Looks good for a ditch pump J/K.
That's because v-drives are the ones usually be chased....ha ha ha (sorry, had to) :D

sanger mike
11-24-2006, 09:26 PM
ha you look'n to get rid of some alky arnt ya. :crossx:
come to think of it, i should of went down to the river :boxed:
less wind for sure. :p and i could of pissed off some fishermen. :220v:

MR.T
11-25-2006, 09:08 AM
You can't piss off the fishermen any more than we do. I've got about 20 gallons to burn before I order a new drum. Maybe New Years. I'm going to Yuba City today to get the mini boat shrink wraped today, I'll give you a call and stopby.

e514jet
11-28-2006, 06:57 AM
love that blower mike...Your boat looks great!!.My 514 is almost finished. Going to break it in on the engine stand before I put it in my sanger..E

LakesOnly
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM
love that blower mike...Your boat looks great!!.My 514 is almost finished. Going to break it in on the engine stand before I put it in my sanger..E
Hey E514, too bad you're not on the left coast because it would be neat to see you and Sanger Mike run side-by-side, as it might display something interesting that I have observed more than once in the past, which is 700HP Fords beating out 800HP chebbies. Funny how often that's the case. Of course, mikie's entire hull, pump etcetera has been fully gone through, WOW.
LO

Dominator Scott
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Looks great Mike. I wish the ole man's Sanger had a huffer motor in it.

e514jet
11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
LO, yes that would be cool....just to be out there running with some other
jets would be awsome. Those sangers are looking good......E

sanger mike
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey E514, too bad you're not on the left coast because it would be neat to see you and Sanger Mike run side-by-side, as it might display something interesting that I have observed more than once in the past, which is 700HP Fords beating out 800HP chebbies. Funny how often that's the case. Of course, mikie's entire hull, pump etcetera has been fully gone through, WOW.
LO
OH SENIOR FISTER'S THINK'S HIS FORD'S ALL THAT. WELL YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS TO THE HOUSE THIS WEEKEND FOR SOME SCHOOLING. OH AND DONT FORGET TO BRING YOUR BOAT CAUSE WE BE GOING TO THE AFTERBAY. :argue: AND I WONT EVEN RUN IT WIDE OPEN CAUSE THE MOTORS NOT EVEN BROKEN IN YET.

LakesOnly
11-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Mike,
I'm just sorry that I couldn't be there for your boat's maiden voyage, like you asked me to be...in case you needed a chase boat...ie needed a TOW BOAT. :D
Oh, and don't forget to tell everybody about how you almost traded your boat for a mini-day cruiser with which you were going to yank the 427 and install a stroker Ford. :D
LO
p.s.: Here is a reply by sanger mike, in a post where DomScott wants to put a blower on his Sanger:
D.s. the blower set up will fit in the sanger. that's not an issue. But as you know it becomes alot of work and money to make it work for the whole package. I think it would be cool to put a big stroker ford in that thing. say 557 or so, then dad could just troll around the lake and tell all the cool young jet boaters um it's just a mild 460 (ya wanna race) hehe.
In your face, Mikey!
p.p.s.: Gotcha!
p.p.p.s.: See ya Sat night.

LakesOnly
11-28-2006, 11:10 PM
p.p.p.ps.: Happy Birthday. Sorry I couldn't make it. :)
LO

Daytona100
11-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Bitchen boat!!!!!!!!!!!! You had to love the sound of that engine im jellous(spelling) good job.

sanger mike
11-29-2006, 10:29 AM
p.p.p.ps.: Happy Birthday. Sorry I couldn't make it. :)
LO
no worries we got all the steak and cake with out ya. :crossx:

sanger mike
12-03-2006, 06:25 PM
The Afterbay was nice today, complete glass conditions. I leaned on it a little more and saw 6800 rpm with an Agressor "A" imperller (= Berk AA) and there was still more rpm left in it. Went to 80 gps with three people in the boat. 90 should be no problem whatsoever, 100 will take some set up time and crossed fingers.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/115120306_002.jpg
End of day photo, with lakes only in background I swear that guy will stick it in anything even his boat, as long aas it has a Ford in it. :220v:

cyclone
12-03-2006, 06:33 PM
The Afterbay was nice today, complete glass conditions. I leaned on it a little more and saw 6800 rpm with an Agressor "A" imperller (= Berk AA) and there was still more rpm left in it. Went to 80 gps with three people in the boat. 90 should be no problem whatsoever, 100 will take some set up time and crossed fingers.
End of day photo, with lakes only in background I swear that guy will stick it in anything even his boat, as long aas it has a Ford in it. :220v:
6800 RPM on an Aggressor A...That motors making some serious poneys if the pumps fully loaded. congrats.

sanger mike
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
cyclone, i hope to get 100mph, its going to take alot of setup and time as you know the story :) i dont have the data loger nor an intake presure gauge in it right now. i'll put a preasue gauge in this winter. it should be loaded pretty hard given all the work that was done. bottom work,pump set back, dps inducer, shoe,ride plate, on and on.you probely saw the the boat at MPD. as far as the motor goes i never put it on the dyno. should be about 750-830hp. i always use your rodgers as the benchmark boat that im trying to achive my goals with on the sanger. I got a long way to go to even get close if i can :idea: . you did one hell of a job on that boat. :crossx:

sanger mike
12-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey Does Anybody Have That Hp/jet Calculater That You Can Punch In The Numbers. Thanks

cyclone
12-03-2006, 07:44 PM
cyclone, i hope to get 100mph, its going to take alot of setup and time as you know the story :) i dont have the data loger nor an intake presure gauge in it right now. i'll put a preasue gauge in this winter. it should be loaded pretty hard given all the work that was done. bottom work,pump set back, dps inducer, shoe,ride plate, on and on.you probely saw the the boat at MPD. as far as the motor goes i never put it on the dyno. should be about 750-830hp. i always use your rodgers as the benchmark boat that im trying to achive my goals with on the sanger. I got a long way to go to even get close if i can :idea: . you did one hell of a job on that boat. :crossx:
100 mph is quite a feat for any jet boat and it looks like you are well on your way to getting there. i spent a lot of time staring at your sanger while it was being worked on. beautiful hardware for sure. glad to see you are having fun with it and thanks for the kudos.

sanger mike
12-03-2006, 08:51 PM
thank's cyclone, your are sure as hell right about that. geting a jet boat to run 100mph is not easy nor cheap. it's funny when we pulled in to the afterbay there were two big cats with twin outborads on them (real nice boats) and one blown cp, when my son took the truck/trailer up to the parking lot the guys asked him whats the timing set at in my boat because it didn't sound right to them and what blower is that. my son said hell if i know i think it's a 971 or something like that :crossx: he said they started cracking up as he walked off. but it was funny when i loaded the kid's in the boat and took off I GOT THERE ATTENTION, THEY CAME DOWN CLOSER FOR A LOOK. :boxed: we had a good laugh (dad i told them it has a 971 on it) they must be think'n what a dumb ass that kid said 971 his dad must not be that much smarter. I must say it was nice too take one of my son's out today we had a great time. he still cant stop :). and any time you go somewhere with LAKESONLY your going to have a big laugh cuz you know he's whacked . oh and your new boat is frigen bad to the bone.

LakesOnly
12-04-2006, 10:16 AM
End of day photo, with lakes only in background I swear that guy will stick it in anything... :220v: Oh yeah, Mikey...I'm sticking it in the ol' "dump line." :rolleyes: Sheez, just tying the boat down on the trailer.
I gotta say, The Afterbay may not be the most scenic body of water in NorCal, but it sure as hell seems to always have garanteed beautiful water conditions for going fast. I'm starting to really like that place.
LO

bighead
12-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Nice boat you have there,I boat at the Afterbay a lot as I live right there and for you fast loud boaters it is great because I have only seen the Sherriff hassle people on really busy weekends and holiday weekends. Hope to see you there sometime.

Kindsvater Flat
12-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Gotta love the winter runs at the afterbay.
Video 1 (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/ab5.WMV)
Video 2 (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/ab3.WMV)
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/ab2.JPG

sanger mike
12-05-2006, 08:15 AM
thank's k-flat for the cool video's now I dont want to go to work today and run back up there. but I guess I better get to work. :cry: :cry: :cry: