PDA

View Full Version : Mojave / California City Area

Her454
11-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Im on my way to Mojave today and I'm passing tons of toyhaulers and bikes on the road. Is there a place around Calif City to ride? I've heard there are dunes out here somewhere but I've never seen them. Anyone know the area and if there any riding places around?

H20 Toie
11-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Just east of Cal City is where most people go just past the turtle reserve. never saw any dunes out there just trails and mines but there are miles and miles of trails.

RitcheyRch
11-24-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm heading out to Calif City tomorrow. It will be my first time there. Have hearrd there are some sand dunes out there but not sure where.

BigDoug
11-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Tracy, Cal City is much like Havasu, surrounded with dirt..............lots a dirt and trails from your back yard to go play in !! :)

Racer277
11-24-2006, 08:34 AM
West of Cal City is Jawbone Canyon and Dove Springs.
East of Cal City is Spangler Hills and Red Mountain.
Randsburg is a 30min ride from Cal City. This weekend there will be hundreds of bikes at the bar in the middle of the dezert. It's a fun place with good burgers and cold beer. Watch out for Johnny law.

Mrs.Racer277
11-24-2006, 09:11 AM
West of Cal City is Jawbone Canyon and Dove Springs.
East of Cal City is Spangler Hills and Red Mountain.
Randsburg is a 30min ride from Cal City. This weekend there will be hundreds of bikes at the bar in the middle of the dezert. It's a fun place with good burgers and cold beer. Watch out for Johnny law.
Ransburg is a really cool lil town. If you can find it. :p

Her454
11-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks Sean, I talked to some lady heading out in a Toy hauler but she had no clue where they were going (?) ...yea anyway, she said she was just following a bunch in her group to somewhere in the desert to a race...or something LOL. I noticed none of the buggies or bikes have paddles so I wondered about the trails etc and figured there were no dunes w/no paddles LOL.
Not much out in this little place except dirt...and lots of it LOL. I think I'll cut my stay short and head back home tonite. :)

wsuwrhr
11-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Obey all speed limits girl.
Brian
Thanks Sean, I talked to some lady heading out in a Toy hauler but she had no clue where they were going (?) ...yea anyway, she said she was just following a bunch in her group to somewhere in the desert to a race...or something LOL. I noticed none of the buggies or bikes have paddles so I wondered about the trails etc and figured there were no dunes w/no paddles LOL.
Not much out in this little place except dirt...and lots of it LOL. I think I'll cut my stay short and head back home tonite. :)

Her454
11-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Obey all speed limits girl.
Brian
LMAO, thanks Brian. Im not driving.... as I haven't mastered posting AND driving LOL.
Although I imagine when I do, it will slow me down quite a bit :)

Mrs.Racer277
11-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Just keep driving to Havi :)
Very little sand out there. In some of the washes you will come across sand.

Jordy
11-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Im not driving....
OK, I feel safer now. :D
as I haven't mastered posting AND driving LOL.
Hey Ricky Bobby, you have the posting part down, but the driving??? Yeah, that's right up there with the proper care and use of your cell phones. ;)
Although I imagine when I do, it will slow me down quite a bit :)
I bet it will do something... :idea: :D