PDA

View Full Version : ID a Camshaft

BIGCHRIS
11-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Trying to id this cam its got Isky solid rollers iam thinking its a Isky the only # i have found on it is E285cr8 ,E6579, F4d,9535 i looked on the isky site but could not find anything any help would be great thanks

IMPATIENT 1
11-26-2006, 05:07 PM
chris, if your gonna run a different cam, pm me with a price for that 1. i really liked the power range on it! the e# kinda looks like a comp part number.

IMPATIENT 1
11-26-2006, 05:14 PM
chris, its is a comp cam.here's a link to an ad:
http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=11-706-9&Category_Code=
doesn't have the specs, but it gives the whole part number and should lead you to the specs anyways. holla at me if you decide to sell it!

BIGCHRIS
11-26-2006, 05:30 PM
chris, if your gonna run a different cam, pm me with a price for that 1. i really liked the power range on it! the e# kinda looks like a comp part number.
Hey Tom,i am going to keep it like it is i just wanted to know the specs so i would have a better idea on setup,the motor has some sweet parts in it.the crank had a little more clearance in the bearings so i am going to straighten it out and put it back together ,Hows your project going

IMPATIENT 1
11-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey Tom,i am going to keep it like it is i just wanted to know the specs so i would have a better idea on setup,the motor has some sweet parts in it.the crank had a little more clearance in the bearings so i am going to straighten it out and put it back together ,Hows your project going
yeah, i'd keep it too, its a perfect cam for that boat! your boat just needs more prop or gears to be hard to beat. i wouldn't doubt the bearing need freshening up. i remember that mill havin nice stuff in it, had girdles to didn't it?
my tx-19 is movin at a snails pace, xmas is in my pocket rite now.i've got my blower, carbs,scoop,linkage,new ss valves,fuel lines, & pump all bought but i may try to get some alum heads by may.still trying to find a cam i wanna run, may just go with the comp cam i picked out 1st for it.

IMPATIENT 1
11-26-2006, 05:41 PM
what did it all have in the short block? i can remember isky top end with girdles, but that's all i can remember, never had to work on that mill much, ran strong all the time.

BIGCHRIS
11-26-2006, 05:45 PM
yeah, i'd keep it too, its a perfect cam for that boat! your boat just needs more prop or gears to be hard to beat. i wouldn't doubt the bearing need freshening up. i remember that mill havin nice stuff in it, had girdles to didn't it?
my tx-19 is movin at a snails pace, xmas is in my pocket rite now.i've got my blower, carbs,scoop,linkage,new ss valves,fuel lines, & pump all bought but i may try to get some alum heads by may.still trying to find a cam i wanna run, may just go with the comp cam i picked out 1st for it.
Yea Tom it turned out great,girdles H beam rods nice crank and venolia pistons.I am just cleanig everthing and freshening the motor so i will know whats there when i start torturing it this summer :) stay in touch,thanks for the cam info

BIGCHRIS
11-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Oh yea Tom, it turned out to be a 427 which i am happy about also

IMPATIENT 1
11-26-2006, 05:55 PM
damn! lol, you bought the mill and got a free hondo with it! are you serious?427 huh, well you can spin it faster! :crossx: i gave 7500 for my tx and it has a shiat mill, wore out pump, bad interior, maybe i should've bought the hondo,lol.

BIGCHRIS
11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
damn! lol, you bought the mill and got a free hondo with it! are you serious?427 huh, well you can spin it faster! :crossx: i gave 7500 for my tx and it has a shiat mill, wore out pump, bad interior, maybe i should've bought the hondo,lol.
Yea 427,i am going to run it some then start fooling with prop and gear combos