PDA

View Full Version : Offroad riding in the Lake Havasu/Parker areas

jojoshow
11-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I have been going to Havasu for years and doing only boating in the summer. I'm now spending more time there in the winter months, and want to learn the area for offroad riding. Can any of you HBers give me some local knowledge? Maps, websites, or whatever would be awesome. Thanx. Joel.

Havasu1986
11-26-2006, 12:24 PM
At the end of Bison Road it becomes a dirt road and there are some trails that go into the hills and I think threre's a waterfall back there also.

jojoshow
11-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Ive driven up to the end of bison but never into the hills. My new house is going to be real close to that area.I will check it out. Thanx.

Mrs.Racer277
11-26-2006, 01:24 PM
At the end of Bison Road it becomes a dirt road and there are some trails that go into the hills and I think threre's a waterfall back there also.
That is correct. Last November took jeeps out there. Very fun. :)

HavasuSelect
11-26-2006, 01:26 PM
That's a good spot. We've gone shooting there a couple of times. Never any real hard offroading but I can see how you can have tons of fun up there.

atomickitn
11-26-2006, 01:56 PM
pick a spot and ride , there is several miles of off road ridding have fun :)

SummerBreeze
11-26-2006, 03:02 PM
There is some very long sand washes that all end at the lake. Some of the washes go on for miles.
I am not an expert of the area but I have had my bike out many times and I think it is very rocky. It's not my best place to go

phebus
11-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Places all over the place, but it seems like the two most popular are Standard Wash (south of town), and the Bison area.

franky
11-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Shea Road in Parker if you want long rides. Through Parker, left at the light towards Quartzsite. Past Bradley Chevrolet about 200 yards is Shea, turn left. Go about 8 miles (it is a good road) past cattle gaurd. Lots of folks camp out there to the right. Lots of room. Nice ride to the Desert Bar.

Todd969
11-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I have been going to Havasu for years and doing only boating in the summer. I'm now spending more time there in the winter months, and want to learn the area for offroad riding. Can any of you HBers give me some local knowledge? Maps, websites, or whatever would be awesome. Thanx. Joel.
What type of "off-road" vehicles are ya talking?
There is hundreds of miles N,S,E,W of town. I like Standard wash for most of our adventures. There is also the dunes NW of town where we rode this weekend. Bison as mentioned is also great and if you time it right there could be a beautiful waterfall. The BLM office is on Sweetwater on the south side. They have maps available.

jojoshow
11-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanx everyone. I'll check out those places for sure next month.
Hey Todd969 Four stroke dirt bikes. Grew up ride so. cal deserts and Baja Mexico. I'd like to do some long rides, 100-150mile. Sounds like there is many places to look for. Thanx for the info. Joel.

lawbreaker2
11-26-2006, 06:04 PM
I went off roading up there of bison, and saw some folks out there shooting the last spring, we went all the way to the falls, had a bast and it was fun, I would love to do it again, can you go camping up there to.

jojoshow
11-26-2006, 06:15 PM
How far is the falls?

2Driver
11-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Standard wash to West Mohave wash to Mohave wash to Middle Mohave wash back via Standard Wash/Dutch flat road. About 35 miles and great terrain. Better yet if you can go out south of Standard wash just south of the gravel pit and make it a loop vs out and back standard. Grab a topo

lawbreaker2
11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Does anybody have any pic's of the falls, I went off of bison and then up a river bed all the way up, I forgot to take my digi that day, we were only going out to get a few things and got side tracked, you know how that go's. So I never got any pic's :rolleyes: And they were flowing good to.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Exactly 30 miles from the Parker bridge - Rice Rd toward Desert center.
Average 3 miles wide by 20 miles long.
Small Sand dunes, about Little Dumont size dunes in stature, but quiet, no hassle camping and duning.
My wife loves the place.
We go with a few other HB'rs. Never camp or ride alone there.
Rice Valley is about compairable to Dumonts little Dunes perhaps a bit bigger area wise but usually with no other duners around. Smooth sand, fun place.
Approx 3800 acres.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-5579-1162518963_thumb.jpg
We go to Rice Valley late Spring, and fall when we go to the river.
It's an excellent holiday escape if you don't like the holiday crowds, but don't mind the smaller dunes. We'll probably be spending more holidays there.
Approx 3 miles wide, and 20 miles long.
Rice Valley Dunes. Located 5 miles south of Rice Valley off of Hwy 62. Access is Santa Fe Road. Sand dunes. Designated "Open Area" consisting of 3,770 acres. Area of little use.Contact: Palm Springs-South Coast Resource Area, 690 West Garnet Ave, N. Palm Springs, CA 92258-2000, (760) 251-4800 MC6 4WD, ATV, DB

SHOTKALLIN
11-27-2006, 12:58 AM
anyone have pics of this waterfall?