PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to remove sour milk smell?

goneboatin
11-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Coming home from Sam's Club with the goodies in the back seat of my truck, took a turn and heard the items slide to the other side, no big deal. When I got home and went to the back door I see milk pouring out of the door. It seems the whole lid of the gallon container of milk blew off. I had half a gallon of milk in my back seat.
I spent the next hour and a half removing all the plastic trim pieces and tried to remove the milk from all the nooks and crannies, I cleaned the carpet the best I could and finally sprayed Fabreze all over the affected areas.
The next day after work I got into the truck after sitting in the sun all day with the windows closed, I could have sworn that somebody barfed in there and left it.
It's been a week and I still can't get rid of that smell, I Fabreeze it on a daily basis to no avail.
Any suggestions out there?

Jbb
11-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Pour ammonia in an open container and leave it in the car overnite a couple of times...I had a brand new windshield leak and wet the carpet in my truck....windshield guy said it works great for any odors......except those caused by Tom Brown.... :p

hoolign
11-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Dump 4 cans of warm sardines in the back seat... it'll make you apprecaite the milk! :p

racecar.hotshoe
11-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Cat piss works on any smell..And lasts for months. :p

Wet Dream
11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Contact a fire/death cleaning service. They'll be able to guide you to the right enzymes that will eat away that milk smell. Its off season, but to speed things up, leave it parked in the hot sun, crack a window and bake it out.

franky
11-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Cat piss works on any smell..And lasts for months. :p
beat me to it

SOCALDETAIL1
11-26-2006, 04:09 PM
If it it spilled on the seat and it's cloth it's in the foam there is nothing you can do but mask the odor or have the foam replaced. If the seats are leather your in better shape. If it spilled on the carpets have them shampooed and deoderized. Mark