PDA

View Full Version : Chargers....

slink
11-26-2006, 03:26 PM
They're gonna mess around and give this game away.....better get it together and quick

MayDaze
11-26-2006, 03:30 PM
We shall see... Raiders are pretty good about giving games away in the 4th

OCMerrill
11-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I agree...the Bolts are just playing plain soft. Almost like they can aford the loss which they cannot.

slink
11-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Thats a BS ruling, it should be a fumble. Not a SD or Oakland fan

MayDaze
11-26-2006, 03:49 PM
B.S. call that was a fumble...

Fire Angler
11-26-2006, 03:52 PM
That was fumbled forward, not passed. Raiders screwed again.

Fire Angler
11-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Get Directv Baller!

Baja Big Dog
11-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Excellent call.....anything to send the Raiders home crying........

racecar.hotshoe
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Raiders got the shaft.So now there laying down.

MayDaze
11-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Excellent call.....anything to send the Raiders home crying........
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Baja Big Dog
11-26-2006, 04:18 PM
2 minutes, 21-14 good guys, keep an eye out for the shot of the faggot owner of the Faiders with his little homo glasses on with the "pearl necklace" thing around his neck.

RitcheyRch
11-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Nice to see the Chargers win. Was getting a little nervous there.

Havasu1986
11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I wonder if that "forward pass" will be in the stat sheet in the papers tomorrow.

Baja Big Dog
11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Game over, stay off the streets, look out for the punks in the Escolades with 27;s driving them into trees.........

SandbarScot
11-26-2006, 04:31 PM
How can the Chargers call themselves a good team when it takes a bad call to beat one of the worst teams in the NFL, at home! The Chargers suck; they just don't know it.

SHOTKALLIN
11-26-2006, 04:36 PM
How can the Chargers call themselves a good team when it takes a bad call to beat one of the worst teams in the NFL, at home! The Chargers suck; they just don't know it.
you took the words out of my mouth. Chargers aint that great if my sorry ass RAIDERS almost whoop them at home. You bolts can celebrate the win but there will be no SUPERBOWL for you.

MayDaze
11-26-2006, 04:40 PM
good call :cool:
They had a little help with an F'd up call

Not So Fast
11-26-2006, 05:18 PM
You guys crack me up, sour grapes and all. Look at the records, it says it all. Things like a bad call happen in football (actually Jerry Marqbrite (sp) who is the head of NFL officials said that was the correct call as stated in the rule book like it or not) and they have happened to all teams. If you knew the first thing about football you would understand how the Chargers were looking past the Raiders who by the way have played damn good defense the last 5 games or so. They are coming off of an emotional win in Denver so yeah they letdown, big fing deal. They are pretty banged up also, no excuses though as you play through them and they still WON. They played without much enthusiasm for sure BUT 9 & 2 is where they are Ok. Will they make the big game? Who knows but I for one am damn proud of the team and anybody thats says they are not a good football team does not know what a good football team is. NSF

Mandelon
11-26-2006, 05:33 PM
I think the Chargers finally figured out how to do it. Instead of shooting their wad in the first half and then fading in the fourth to lose they seem to coast and then apply the juice when they need it most. They didn't need to work hard to beat the sorry Raiders. They put just enough effort into to take care of business, and waited till the end to do it.
The Bolts have a lot of guys out injured, 1 suspended, 1 shot by the police, and they still pulled it off again.... 9 - 2 says it all. I believe looking back at the majority of games they have lost over the past couple of years, they've all been very close and blown in the last part of the games.

SandbarScot
11-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Without LT, the Chargers are mediocre at best. The Raiders found a way to stop LT for the first 3 quarters and the score represented what SD is without him. The Raiders have failed miserably in the 4th quarter all year - and blew it again today...an early Christmas gift to San Diego I guess, because the Chargers looked almost as pathetic.

duffster
11-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Bolts at the way the Radiers suck donkey dicks and today they sucked Bolts. I'm calling it early its going to be Chargers and Bears in this years Super Bowl this year bitches.

SandbarScot
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
The Bears won't do well against most any AFC team. Since the Chargers are decades long losers, and are doing so well, many may argue it is their TIME to go to the playoffs - definitely - but not the bowl.
I'll call The Colts and the Saints in the Superbowl...and the Colts will spank them.

JB in so cal
11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Without LT, the Chargers are mediocre at best. The Raiders found a way to stop LT for the first 3 quarters and the score represented what SD is without him. The Raiders have failed miserably in the 4th quarter all year - and blew it again today...an early Christmas gift to San Diego I guess, because the Chargers looked almost as pathetic.
I can tell you're a closet LT fan... that's OK. Will we be able to count on you down the stretch???

Mandelon
11-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Without LT, the Chargers are mediocre at best.
Ahh, There's the rub. The Chargers do have L.T.
And apparently if he can't get past coverage to run, he can still pass for TD's... LMAO :p

duffster
11-26-2006, 07:24 PM
The Bears won't do well against most any AFC team. Since the Chargers are decades long losers, and are doing so well, many may argue it is their TIME to go to the playoffs - definitely - but not the bowl.
I'll call The Colts and the Saints in the Superbowl...and the Colts will spank them.
Oh right just how they spanked them lasts year during the so called perfect year. The Colts are justs the same as the Denver Donkeys over rated and ready for the glue factory. Go Chargers

BajaMike
11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Just got back from the game.....not sure what happened with the 5 minute long screwed up call in the 3rd Q, you couldn't hear the explanations it was so noisy at the stadium....good game tho, eventually LT will come through, just keep giving him the ball (run, throw or catch!).
Fun game to be at!!!
:rollside:

Not So Fast
11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Another brilliant statement :rolleyes: Lets see, take away Peyton Manning, are the Colts as good, take away Hasslebeck and Alexander, are the Seahawks as good and on and on, well duh, I dont think so coach. Brilliant, just brilliant. NSF

jbone
11-27-2006, 03:53 AM
My take on "the forward pass." Raider fans say that was a bad call and they should have had the ball and they would have won the game.
Here's my take. On 4th down, we got more than enough for a 1st. A rookie mistake, NOT A DEFENSIVE PLAY, caused that play to occur. It was not a fumble. As ugly as it was, he threw the ball to the ground and it went forward. We don't make the rules. But the fact is, we got the 1st down when it was needed because the Raider defense allowed a completion down field with plenty of yardage for the 1st, even after the 5 yard penaly. Good teams find ways to win. If Oakland lost because of 1 "bad call" they are as bad as their record shows.
Oh, Oakland fans, remember the "holy roller"?? Seems to me that was a designed play. This was not. Your defense got soft at the end and gave up the yardage and the completion when we needed it most.
I agree that was an ugly game for the Chargers, but many great teams play crappy against crappy opponents.
Good teams find a ways to win, like the Chargers did.
Oh, and saying the Chargers aren't anything without LT. That is stupid. Every great team has their go to guy. LT is ours. I think the Chargers have proven something. Without 6 starters in the game, they still found a way to win.
Stop crying! Your black and silver make up will run :crossx:
J

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
11-27-2006, 06:49 AM
I was at that game and thought it was a good game it wasn't a blow out it was a good game there was some bad calls on both sides but thats football I always enjoy tailgaiting and the shit talking always a good time in SD and TJ :p :p

jdogginla
11-27-2006, 07:37 AM
The "Forward Pass"...............
As much as the commentators wanted to make it an issue, while called a forward pass, it's a technicality. This rule actually came about from an old Charger/Raider game when a Kenny Stabler fumbled the ball forward 2x on purpose into the endzone for a game winning TD. That play was dubbed "The Holy Roller" 1978
The Rule:
A player may not intentionally fumble a ball forward- "aka forward pass." I know i know technicalities.
If Jackson gets up, turns around and spikes the ball backwards (like Plaxico Burress did 3 yrs ago when he was a Steeler), it's a fumble. The rule was put in place to avoid teams from having a player tackled and "throwing the ball" forward in hopes of team mate retrieving the ball for more yards.
It's in the rule book folks.......settle down.

MKEELINE
11-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Which network should we tune to so we can all catch some more of your "spot on" NFL analysis :rolleyes: . If LT goes down the Chargers have to play Michael Turner, who would be a starter almost anywhere else.
Go Bolts!

Ziggy
11-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I wonder if that "forward pass" will be in the stat sheet in the papers tomorrow.
Actually, Yes :D
Mediocre performance from an offense missing their verteren reciever, backup running back. And several missing KEY defensive players. Yup, Raiders moved the ball in the first half but hhmmmm, they didn't seem to know how to score :rolleyes: rotflmao. Takes points to win, not just yardage :p
4-0 without Merriman now heading to the final stretch with a 2 game lead in the division.....they control their own future, that stupid loss early on in Baltimore might end up be their achilles..

Ziggy
11-27-2006, 08:06 AM
The "Forward Pass"...............
As much as the commentators wanted to make it an issue, while called a forward pass, it's a technicality. This rule actually came about from an old Charger/Raider game when a player fumbled the ball forward 2x into the endzone for a game winning TD.
The Rule:
A player may not intentionally fumble a ball forward- "aka forward pass." I know i know technicalities.
If Jackson gets up, turns around and spikes the ball backwards (like Plaxico Burress did 3 yrs ago when he was a Steeler), it's a fumble. The rule was put in place to avoid teams from having a player tackled and "throwing the ball" forward in hopes of team mate retrieving the ball for more yards.
It's in the rule book folks.......settle down.
Speaking of the Holy Roller............ :D:D That is exactly where the rule came from, key element was it was "intentional". Mike Cary is probably one of the better refs when it comes to properly enforcing rules by the book and then explaining it. Seems there was a similar play/call just a week or two ago back east somewhere