PDA

View Full Version : Hull Question?

stump
12-22-2002, 06:01 AM
If you were to have a choice of one of 3 hulls
1st 17'1/2 mandella short deck
2nd rayson craft 18LP
3rd 18' sanger runnerbottom with the recessed drivers cockpit area 'I dont know the name of that''
All hulls are flat bottoms or almost.
Which one would you pick for a hotrod lake drag racer and why?

GofastRacer
12-22-2002, 06:14 AM
Personally, neither one, Bisemeyer type hull!, why??, because they run in the S**T!.. wink :D

BILLY.B
12-22-2002, 07:58 AM
stump:
2nd rayson craft 18LP
3rd 18' sanger runnerbottom with the recessed drivers cockpit area 'I dont know the name of that''
Which one would you pick for a hotrod lake drag racer and why? Stump, I worked for sanger boats and I they never built a T-Deck if thats what your calling a recessed drivers area!,But if those are your choices the sanger a far better looking HOT BOAT,If you can't find a
BEZER!!! :D :D

BILLY.B
12-22-2002, 08:01 AM
GofastRacer:
Personally, neither one, Bisemeyer type hull!, why??, because they run in the S**T!.. wink :D GO FAST, rumor has you putting a huffer on with a hat,for some major big time fun!!

boatguy222
12-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Stump,
Hey if these guys have changed your mind to a Bezer, I got one for sale, it's in Havasu, and we all know that everyone needs to go to Havasu it least once in their life. :D sorry for the spam

GofastRacer
12-22-2002, 10:13 AM
BILLY.B:
GofastRacer:
Personally, neither one, Bisemeyer type hull!, why??, because they run in the S**T!.. wink :D GO FAST, rumor has you putting a huffer on with a hat,for some major big time fun!! Mmmm, wonder who started that rumor? :D It has been going through my mind big time, sinse the boat weighs a ton, it needs it!!, if it don't sell by the spring, it may happen!, if anything, the carb is history though!!... :D
[ December 22, 2002, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

BILLY.B
12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
GofastRacer:
BILLY.B:
GofastRacer:
Personally, neither one, Bisemeyer type hull!, why??, because they run in the S**T!.. wink :D GO FAST, rumor has you putting a huffer on with a hat,for some major big time fun!! Mmmm, wonder who started that rumor? :D It has been going through my mind big time, sinse the boat weighs a ton, it needs it!!, if it don't sell by the spring, it may happen!, if anything, the carb is history though!!... :D Injection is nice,Blown is better, and you should do both!! :D :D

dossangers
12-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Revive hobbit to its original glory bad blown injected on alky!!!

BILLY.B
12-22-2002, 05:02 PM
DOS,I thought you wanted a K-Boat for the river?.The more the merrier. :cool:

livin on the edge
12-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Hey you leave dose alone. He's my wing man!

BILLY.B
12-22-2002, 05:10 PM
livin on the edge:
Hey you leave dose alone. He's my wing man! Come on chief,maybe one day you'll see the light and your left foot won't go to sleep when your driving your tricycle :D :D :D :D

livin on the edge
12-22-2002, 05:14 PM
My left foot does'nt sleep it holds my beer.

BILLY.B
12-22-2002, 05:18 PM
livin on the edge:
My left foot does'nt sleep it holds my beer. I thought that was what the inside of the training wheels was for,to hold the cooler of bullets??? :D

livin on the edge
12-22-2002, 05:21 PM
BILLY.B:
livin on the edge:
My left foot does'nt sleep it holds my beer. I thought that was what the inside of the training wheels was for,to hold the cooler of bullets??? :D No thats for the tools. You know "screwdrivers'

dossangers
12-22-2002, 05:23 PM
Im going to put my other rudder outside the left sponson so's i can turn left better!! hey steve i mean MAVERICK this is GOOSE come in BOGEY at SIX O'CLOCK im go,in to GUNS OUT!!!

BILLY.B
12-22-2002, 05:27 PM
livin on the edge:
BILLY.B:
livin on the edge:
My left foot does'nt sleep it holds my beer. I thought that was what the inside of the training wheels was for,to hold the cooler of bullets??? :D No thats for the tools. You know "screwdrivers' You mean you have to carry tool's?.OPP'S I forgot I dont go far enough out of site to have to carry tools,
I just bring a chase boat, and 55 gallons of fuel!! :( frown

blondie#1
12-22-2002, 05:32 PM
stump:
2nd rayson craft 18LP
Which one would you pick for a hotrod lake drag racer and why? Stump, I'd go with the raysoncraft. Why? In the nostalgic inboard class I run in, there are 2 of these boats. One is a 1963 raysoncraft that hauls like crazy. Yes, it has it's windshield on and the engine cover on it sometimes. Definately the windshield. Also, there is a 1971 Raysoncraft that runs in the circle class. It travels around 70mph's average on a 3/4 track. I can only imagine what it would do on a quarter mile drag course. The first one has a bbford and the 2nd one has bbchevy, both are carberated. Just think what they would do if they injected or blown. Just my thoughts for the nostalgic end of racing. I drive a 70 lavey and in the quarter mile stretch (when dragracing with FraserValley Drags)I was pulling 85mph's with a 402 chevy, hydraulic lifters and cam, on a carberated motor. It depends I guess on how fast you want to go and how much money you want to spend. Just make sure (with whatever you decide)to where a lifejacket and helmet and most diffenetly your rider. We live in a sue (wrong spelling, but you get my drift) happy world. I couldn't live with myself if my passenger got hurt.

dossangers
12-22-2002, 05:34 PM
I carry screwdrivers also STOLE AND OJ!

GofastRacer
12-22-2002, 08:43 PM
BILLY.B:
GofastRacer:
BILLY.B:
GofastRacer:
Personally, neither one, Bisemeyer type hull!, why??, because they run in the S**T!.. wink :D GO FAST, rumor has you putting a huffer on with a hat,for some major big time fun!! Mmmm, wonder who started that rumor? :D It has been going through my mind big time, sinse the boat weighs a ton, it needs it!!, if it don't sell by the spring, it may happen!, if anything, the carb is history though!!... :D Injection is nice,Blown is better, and you should do both!! :D :D "Revive hobbit to its original glory bad blown injected on alky!!!"
OK guys, I got the message sheezzz!!.. http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif

CircleJerk
12-22-2002, 10:26 PM
To answer your question, unlike so many others here, I would like a Rayson for my next boat simply for the nice RIDE that includes performance. Unless you live where there is no rough water! Most Rayson owners I have met love them and I see them racing circles with ONE HAND on the wheel! Rudy won a lot of races and set many records so why not be a winner too? But, you need to get what turns your crank and does'nt melt your wallet, that's one Jerks opinion! Good night and Merry Christmas to all you v-driven Flat Bottoms. sleeping

GofastRacer
12-23-2002, 04:59 AM
CircleJerk:
To answer your question, unlike so many others here, I would like a Rayson for my next boat simply for the nice RIDE that includes performance. Unless you live where there is no rough water! Most Rayson owners I have met love them and I see them racing circles with ONE HAND on the wheel! Rudy won a lot of races and set many records so why not be a winner too? But, you need to get what turns your crank and does'nt melt your wallet, that's one Jerks opinion! Good night and Merry Christmas to all you v-driven Flat Bottoms. sleeping Yeah, like this one!!, that's what my next one's going to be!!... eek! :D
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Image0421.JPG

stump
12-23-2002, 05:36 AM
Yes Go Fast one of the boats i found looks just like your's it is a raysoncraft with the deep v looking hull .the other one is a old SS race boat SS50 is the number on it it is a 18LP hull, I think,it has a flater bottom on it, neither one has an engine but all drive line stuff is there,i dont know who owns them or even of they are for sale but i'm a gonna find out.

BILLY.B
12-23-2002, 06:42 AM
stump:
Yes Go Fast one of the boats i found looks just like your's it is a raysoncraft with the deep v looking hull .the other one is a old SS race boat SS50 is the number on it it is a 18LP hull, I think,it has a flater bottom on it, neither one has an engine but all drive line stuff is there,i dont know who owns them or even of they are for sale but i'm a gonna find out. STUMP,avery close friend of mine lives in concord N.C and has been doing GN racing- super stock and K-racing for 30yrs, his name is PAUL FITZGERALD,he also worked for RUDY RAMOS and is extremly knowledgeable,and knows where there are some rayson crafts and biesemeyers,and knows how to set both hulls up for what ever you want to do.If youd like his ph#,call me at work 909-982-8555,I'm sure he'd very helpfull! :cool:

68campbell
12-23-2002, 08:28 AM
Stump. If you don't take the Mandella, I'd like to where it is. I have a soft spot in my wallet for those boats.

VD CRUISER
12-24-2002, 06:48 AM
GoFast, What length is the Rayson in the picture? I hear mention of so many different length Rayson's, how many are there?

GofastRacer
12-24-2002, 07:37 AM
VD CRUISER:
GoFast, What length is the Rayson in the picture? I hear mention of so many different length Rayson's, how many are there? That is a 20ft 10 degree bottom, Rudy made different versions of them, don't remember how many, he also has a cruiser type also!!..This is basicly the same boat, it's cut down a little and has a 3 degree bottom!.. :cool:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Image-03.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Image-02.JPG

DUCKY
12-24-2002, 10:09 AM
GofastRacer:
Personally, neither one, Bisemeyer type hull!, why??, because they run in the S**T!.. wink :D I second that! The sprint style boats make the best lake boats. If you can't find one, I would go for the Rayson-Craft.

ps555
12-24-2002, 06:00 PM
i got a bezer for sale very clean a cheap 4500 :D

Jetboatguru
12-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Anyone looking for a clean boat for sale, needs to see PS555's boat. I was going to buy it last summer but we could not swing a deal. It is still available and worth every bit of what he is letting it go for.