PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Nup

ratso
11-27-2006, 03:01 PM
...anybody on here ever do one to cover their ASSets... :idea:

racecar.hotshoe
11-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Yep if we split I get to keep everything that falls off the truck as it drives away. :rolleyes: :p

ratso
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Yep if we split I get to keep everything that falls off the truck as it drives away. :rolleyes: :p
A good friend of mine, very wealthy, no pre nup... said he'd be happy living in a cabin in the woods... Said he wouldn't have a choice... The house and pool would be gone, the Hummers would be gone, the Beamer and Mercedes, the racehorses, the limos, the money and her... Funny thing about it, he'd probably be happier.

a catered life
11-27-2006, 03:08 PM
nope shit i was poor when i meet her and if we split i'll still be poor just more credit cards :p

79Challenger
11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I am getting married June of '07 and have been contemplating this for some time now. When I bring the idea up to her she is a bit offended and everyone else just says "you don't have anything anyway".
To me it isn't about what I have now, it is about what I may have then.
I am still undecided.

OCMerrill
11-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Just spit my afternoon cup of coffee everywhere. Hot coffee out my nose. Nice :p
Hits way to close to my past yet still funny.

lucky
11-27-2006, 03:35 PM
pre nup - pre hump -- humm sounds alike - I think they even mean the same thing ...

edog_103
11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
I am getting married June of '07 and have been contemplating this for some time now. When I bring the idea up to her she is a bit offended and everyone else just says "you don't have anything anyway".
I am still undecided.
A pre-nup will only protect what you have before the marriage, in most cases, not what you've acquired while you are married.

RitcheyRch
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Exactly what happened to me when got divorced in 1995. One reason will never get married again.

Captain Dan
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
I am still undecided.
So you have already decided that you will be divorced, some day in the future?

EmpirE231
11-27-2006, 05:24 PM
When I get married... my wife will sign one! need to protect my business, home, and assets. If the woman you are about to marry doesnt want to sign one... you shouldn't marry the free-loading gold digger anyway!
all a prenup protects is what is rightfully yours before the marriage... anything accuired after the marriage would still be half hers!! but there's no reason I should have to give her half of everything I owned before we married!
and dont look at it as "planning on getting a divorce" :rolleyes: that's the dumbest way of looking at it... and the way most women see it! look at it like your auto or home owners insurance policy .... everyday you get in your car... you dont plan on getting in an accident do you? or you dont plan on your house burning down.... but just incase it does.... you wanna make sure your ass is covered!

stoker
11-27-2006, 05:24 PM
A pre-nup will only protect what you have before the marriage, in most cases, not what you've acquired while you are married.
Not true, what you have prior to marriage is still yours if you divorce. If you own a home prior, you need to be carefull not to maintain or make payments on the home with joint funds. If you do they can be entitled to a portion of the equity.
By the way, PRE NUP!

Captain Dan
11-27-2006, 05:32 PM
When I get married... my wife will sign one! need to protect my business, home, and assets. If the woman you are about to marry doesnt want to sign one... you shouldn't marry the free-loading gold digger anyway!
all a prenup protects is what is rightfully yours before the marriage... anything accuired after the marriage would still be half hers!! but there's no reason I should have to give her half of everything I owned before we married!
and dont look at it as "planning on getting a divorce" :rolleyes: that's the dumbest way of looking at it... and the way most women see it! look at it like your auto or home owners insurance policy .... everyday you get in your car... you dont plan on getting in an accident do you? or you dont plan on your house burning down.... but just incase it does.... you wanna make sure your ass is covered!
If you aren't planning to share your life with this person, including your business, home and assets then maybe you haven't chosen the right person to marry.

THATJEFFGUY
11-27-2006, 05:36 PM
I am still undecided.
Well, "what you have now" would be the only things covered under a pre-nup agreement. "What you may have then" would be things acquired during the marriage...which would be split 50/50 anyway. So what's the point of a pre-nup ??

racecar.hotshoe
11-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, "what you have now" would be the only things covered under a pre-nup agreement. "What you may have then" would be things acquired during the marriage...which would be split 50/50 anyway. So what's the point of a pre-nup ??
Cause it makes the story funny. :p

totenhosen
11-27-2006, 05:43 PM
If you aren't planning to share your life with this person, including your business, home and assets then maybe you haven't chosen the right person to marry.
A marriage is a forming of a partnership and more specifically a legal entity. So would you form a business partnership with one of your buddies w/o a lawyer drawing up legal documents? To me it just spells everything out. If you can't discuss this items when you are on good terms what happens later?

photo chick
11-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't know what "most women think" but this one agrees with you just the same a woman with assets should get a prenup also! It's nothing to do with planning on getting a divorce it's just good business planning!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
The wife insisted she sign one protecting my stuff, and she insisted I didn't have to sign one protecting hers.
They hold up if done right.
I worked a lifetime to get what little I have, and I don't have another lifetime to earn it again.

Jetboatguru
11-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Not true. A pre-nup is how you opt out of community property laws

deltarat
11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Not true. A pre-nup is how you opt out of community property laws
Hows my dog??

Devil's Advocate
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM
If you've got something to lose, sign it and protect it. There's no guarantees in life.

HocusPocus
11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
i had nothing when we got married and if she ever leaves me she is certainly entitled to at least half of that. :crossx:
no pre-nup was needed when we got hitched 18 years ago, however if something would happen to my wife and for some crazy reason i decided to get remarried it would be a must have deal.

ratso
11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
People choose the right person to marry every day... and I would venture to say that about 75% of them fukked up... :idea:

EAZYKILLER2006
11-28-2006, 12:27 AM
...anybody on here ever do one to cover their ASSets... :idea:
oh what for lol we were sooo young when we got married we didnt have shit lol i think i member hubby being a gas station attendant... lets c he was 18 i was 15...
:rollside: