PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Class races at Parker

GN Nostalgia Racer
04-12-2003, 07:25 PM
It has been a week since the Parker Race. I have been reluctant to write any results, due to the accidents that took place. The nostalgia class fielded approx. 15 boats which included, flat bottoms, v-bottoms, jets, v-drives, tunnels and crackerboxes. We ran two different classes,Flat bottoms and v-bottom/tunnels. The attrition rate was un-believable and forced us to combine the classes. 1st. overall went to Mark Moyle in a jet, 2nd place went to Brad Cooper in a flat bottom and 3rd. place went to Roger Finney in a jet. Everyone enjoyed the nostalgia classes and there were several people who said they would be at Long Beach Marine Stadium Aug. 9th. which is the next nostalgia race.

e-ticket
04-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Any pics from the nostalgia class races? wink

boatguy222
04-12-2003, 10:30 PM
I'am sorry you guys can't make the trip to Burley. I think we had 4 northwest boats that were going to make the trip, if there was a nostalgia class.

FlatRacer
04-13-2003, 06:27 AM
What are the rules and requirements for the nostalgia class? Which boats are eligible?
FR :)

CircleJerk
04-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the news, wasnt Brad a Rookie!? How about those mud suckers? This should get the comments from the outsiders....
Marc....I am not sure they would want a bunch of 'Outlaws' competing with them. Insurance reasons you know...Or maybe they {APBA}are afraid of getting too many boats there in the pits. smile_sp I was counting yesterday and three rare Lavey Craft circle boats were considering the tow including the restored 'Sweet Caroline' with a fresh Pro-Comp mill. Of course, that included the Blondie with here new SK motor! When was the last time you saw that many of them duking it out? smile_sp I know there are some southern boat drivers who would love to 'take us on'! Ditto to them... I would enjoy seeing them chase the Lady! smile_sp She's the one in lane 1 or 2 if they would allow our style of combat starts. JeRkstirApot

SK48
04-13-2003, 05:36 PM
The rules are pretty specific, but they are not enforced at all.. I will get a copy for you. The class is pretty much owned by a guy with an orange comp jet. Boat is two years old, and rules say it should be 20 years old. Rules state that if you run a speed over 70 M.P.H. you are disqualified. Its pretty hard to beat a jet boat with a flatbottom, as they tear up the water up pretty bad. The guy with the jet boat has a GPS on his steering wheel, and runs like hell out of the turns and sandbags the course. I was thinking of running along with some friends, but after last week I think we will forget it. The comp jet has the nozzle up so high it is a weapon.
The guy with the red biesemeyer ran really good, but bent two rods and killed some pistons after getting hosed dowm ; and he has his scoop facing backwards. It takes a lot of water to do that damage. I'd run if it was propeller boats against prop boats, but I raced Jets for several years and don't want to go backwards. Lots of bad feelings after last weekend in the nostalgia class. I like the idea but why play on an un even field, for a 25 cent trophy. Just my 2 cents.

circleboatKIDD
04-13-2003, 06:19 PM
There was even a superstock runing in that class and I know he wasnt going 70 we had the radar gun out :cool: I also had a buddy ready to run intill he saw that jet going out, I thought they werent alowed :confused:

LeE ss13
04-13-2003, 07:30 PM
That was the SS 8 boat. He was a rookie and just wanted to get more seat time. He ran SS, PS, and signed up to the Nostaglia class on Sunday for more time. There was a neat mix of boats for that class. Monday I will post a few pics of some of the boats.

GN117 Big Dawg
04-13-2003, 07:42 PM
LeE SS13, Hi Larry, did you get my E-mail? Thank you for your very kind thoughts and words. John is home now,and immpatiently trying to conveles. I stopped by there today to visit and told him of your E-mail. Thanx again, Gary.

LeE ss13
04-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Gary ...
Just responded to his post. Great to see that he can post. Thanks for the E-Mail.

CircleJerk
04-14-2003, 05:19 PM
We have one tunnel hull running with us. He causes alot of real ruff water. It's hard to get throught those 4 wakes he causes, it's doable but not very fun. Getting hit with a rooster tail from a jet, would be to much for me. I have nothing against jets, they are just as much fun to ride in as well as drive. I love to watch the roostertails. But, unfortunately, I also, have felt one of those tails hit me, it did smart. Last year cj got a black eye from a roostertail from a vdrive boat. Just a little to close to the tunnel hull vdrive boat. You know this is fun posting under his name. Maybe he'll log off next time. Pay backs are so much fun. His other half. :D wink

FlatRacer
04-14-2003, 06:27 PM
SK 48:
Thanks. E-mail those rules to eric.tolnes@verizon.net when you get a chance.
How do they plan to enforce this speed limit, through lap times, or are they using radar guns???
FR :p
[ April 14, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: FlatRacer ]

LeE ss13
04-15-2003, 06:53 AM
e-ticket:
Any pics from the nostalgia class races? wink Here's one ...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308723_SB___Trans-med.jpg

hottrodder
04-15-2003, 12:26 PM
I've seen that red K-555 boat down in Blythe. Usually at the first house south of Mayflower park.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-15-2003, 12:32 PM
hottrodder:
I've seen that red K-555 boat down in Blythe. Usually at the first house south of Mayflower park. K-555 lives in Blythe and operates a Speed-marine shop.