PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have one of these yet?

No Regrets
11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Looks pretty cool.
Watch the demo
http://us.slingmedia.com/page/home

Cole Sanger
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, I have had mine since they came out. They are awesome. I use it at work every night. It is a little slow at times, but that is just because my work is wireless and is on a limited bandwidth. Works great at hotels in multiple states and at the inlaws house when I tap into the neighbors wireless. Can't say enough about it. It really gets me through a slow night at work. I have it hooked to my Tivo Directv. The picture on a good connection is really like being at home.

No Regrets
11-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Can you load software on more than 1 computer?

Cole Sanger
11-28-2006, 12:18 PM
You can, and I do, but the only downside is you can only watch from one computer at a time. The tv can be on or off, but if someone is home and watching tv and you want to change the channel on the computer from work, the tv will change channels. It works out great if you have two cable boxes. Or what I do is work overnight. My wife goes to bed about 10pm, and then I have full access. I just ordered a second two tuner Tivo from Directv. That way I won't have to wait until 10pm. Sometime we will watch a movie together, well, while I am at work and she is at home. Let me know if you have any more questions. I wish I could buy stock in Sling.