PDA

View Full Version : rhino 700 fi

86 catalina
11-28-2006, 01:41 AM
I was told that yamaha is comming out with a fuel injected rhino 700.But dont see anything on the yamaha site for 07.Anybody heard about this?

Trailer Park Casanova
11-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Limited availability - one per dealer was the rumor but nothing official on their website.
With all the roll overs and fatal accidents rumor is also they're widening it.
All speculation, all pure rumor.

djunkie
11-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Haven't heard anything. Nothing but rumors.

Riomouse911
11-28-2006, 03:12 AM
Seen the ads for the Grizzly 700Fi, so am sure the Rhino will soon follow.

OGShocker
11-28-2006, 03:33 AM
I heard Kilrtoy bought one..:D:D:D

djunkie
11-28-2006, 03:58 AM
I heard Kilrtoy bought one..:D:D:D
You've been gone wayyy too long. Rhino's are sooo yesterdy. We're all buying Jeeps now.
Wait a minute, don't you already have one of those? :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

2Driver
11-28-2006, 09:49 AM
According to the owner of everything off-road, (the place that did my Rhino) Polaris is suppose to release a 800 EFI redesigned UTV more on the seating and positioning of the Rhino. This guy runs a supercharged Rhino and stock for stock unit he likes the Polaris.

Wet Dream
11-28-2006, 09:59 AM
According to the owner of everything off-road, (the place that did my Rhino) Polaris is suppose to release a 800 EFI redesigned UTV more on the seating and positioning of the Rhino. This guy runs a supercharged Rhino and stock for stock unit he likes the Polaris.
If this true, I see a lot of 660's flooding the market. :D Just like a lot of newly introduced vehicles, like the new bug, the PT cruiser, Charger, on and on, the introduction of a vehicle is thrown out, test marketed and awaits feedback. Then if it hits well, it gets what the market wants, be it more power, more travel, better brakes, turbo, etc. Its the way things are done. The 800's are going to be flying by the 660's.

2Driver
11-28-2006, 10:05 AM
If this true, I see a lot of 660's flooding the market. :D Just like a lot of newly introduced vehicles, like the new bug, the PT cruiser, Charger, on and on, the introduction of a vehicle is thrown out, test marketed and awaits feedback. Then if it hits well, it gets what the market wants, be it more power, more travel, better brakes, turbo, etc. Its the way things are done. The 800's are going to be flying by the 660's.
Wait and see is one strategy I suppose, So is going out and having fun while the season is upon us and upgrading later.

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
This topic has been discussed already and according to our friends that work at Corp Yamaha the 700 EFI will probably be an 2008 release but nothing is set in stone yet. For now the 07's are all 660's with carb's.
Chris

Magic34
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
The way I understand it is that they could make the switch at any time, but with the ways sales are for the 660, they are not going to release the 700 until they have to.
Meaning that when the competition comes up where they are taking more market share from Yamaha on these things, then they will release the upgrades necesary to get that share back. 1 of which being the 700 motor.

XFactor
11-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Just had a conversation with a friend over the weekend about this same topic. I agree with Magic34, doesn't make any sense (basic business) to release a new or better product when your existing product dominates the market sales. Release it when you have a viable threat. I also don't see Yamaha releasing a 700 for top end performance. If they released the 700 in the existing chasis, they would have to gear it for low-end and mid-range, not top end. The stock Rhino can't handle additional top end safely. Maybe we'll see a Rhino XL with more power. :) Something that's more stable and a wider suspension to handle the top speed. Just my .02.

socalmofo
11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't have any insider info but I would imagine the execs at yamaha are not too thrilled about this type of vehicle going any faster than they already do. I would be willing to bet that if the 700cc rhino comes out it will be able to pull more, carry more, and have more bottom end. I would be suprised if the top end changes at all! Too much liability for Yamaha.
I can see the headlines now, " 14yr old boy dies in collission with yamaha's 60MPH golf cart"

Wet Dream
11-28-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't have any insider info but I would imagine the execs at yamaha are not too thrilled about this type of vehicle going any faster than they already do. I would be willing to bet that if the 700cc rhino comes out it will be able to pull more, carry more, and have more bottom end. I would be suprised if the top end changes at all! Too much liability for Yamaha.
I can see the headlines now, " 14yr old boy dies in collission with yamaha's 60MPH golf cart"
Not too thrilled? Are you serious? Do you remember when Yamaha came out with the Wave Runner? Does the name ring a bell? They were relatively powered to just do what they need to do and have fun, like the 660s'. Now you have 1200 turbocharged motors running in these things and you're going to play the ecec's not too thrilled bs? Have you ever read about a 14 year old boy dying on a Wave Runner? We all have. How about revamping your quote. :mad:
"13 year old girl dies on Yamaha's 45 mph golf cart."- It just happened.

XFactor
11-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Not too thrilled? Are you serious? Do you remember when Yamaha came out with the Wave Runner? Does the name ring a bell? They were relatively powered to just do what they need to do and have fun, like the 660s'. Now you have 1200 turbocharged motors running in these things and you're going to play the ecec's not too thrilled bs? Have you ever read about a 14 year old boy dying on a Wave Runner? We all have. How about revamping your quote. :mad:
"13 year old girl dies on Yamaha's 45 mph golf cart."- It just happened.
Have you been in a Rhino doing 45mph? It's not real stable. I can assure you Yamaha has re-vamped the waverunner SEVERAL times to accomodate for the additional speed. Were talking about more speed in the same set-up. I don't think they'll do it due to safety concerns.

Old Texan
11-28-2006, 12:21 PM
I remember the first snowmobiles. Slow, big, heavy, safe..... Then came the highpower, 100mph factory race machines leading to higher performance stock macnines. Next thing was forest and mountain trails full of on the edge danger and accidents everywhere. 3Wheelers, four wheelers, and on and on...
People love to go fast and hang out on the edge and it won't end without regulations that will be viewed as getting in the way of personal freedoms.
So all we can do is educate, pray, and hope common sense somehow prevails.

86 catalina
11-28-2006, 12:47 PM
All input is appreciated.And my friend works at yamaha and said that he has allready seen it.The bottom line here is this Kawi and other companys are allready building there version of these to be out soon.Yami is going to have to upgrade to keep up.

Froggystyle
11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
If that happens... I will buy the new motor. Then I'll have a spare I guess...
I have a whole pile of stock parts upstairs... I can just add that to the list. ;)

Cs19
11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
All input is appreciated.And my friend works at yamaha and said that he has allready seen it.The bottom line here is this Kawi and other companys are allready building there version of these to be out soon.Yami is going to have to upgrade to keep up.
So is it a fact Kawi is coming out with something to compete with the Rhino? What about Honda?
Thanks.