PDA

View Full Version : Xmas gift ideas?

shadow
11-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Share some ideas. :idea:
What kind of gifts are you buying for your Spouse's?
Friends? What kind of gifts would you like?
Along with all the smart arse answers lets hear some ideas. :)
1.TPI 848 efi
oh yeah tires & wheels for my rhino.

YeLLowBoaT
11-28-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm building custom made and inlaid( name) tool boxes out of maple and cocobolo. This year for the male members of my family. Its better then a gift card. Other then that I have no idea.

Debbolas
11-28-2006, 06:44 AM
I want a blue engine :D

robsformula
11-28-2006, 06:53 AM
I am giving a display of salmon and trout fly's in a hand made and stained maple shadow box to some slose friends and family members. Total of 5 boxes and 133 fly's. They turned out very nice.

riverliver
11-28-2006, 07:02 AM
1.TPI 848 efi
Get her a rhino !....... :rollside:

DILLIGAF
11-28-2006, 07:05 AM
I have no ideas at this time. Well, one but I can't post it here as my son reads this shit and I don't want to give it away.
I will be reading this thread for some ideas myself.....

Wheeler
11-28-2006, 07:12 AM
She gets a Macbook Pro N nothing more

v-drive
11-28-2006, 07:16 AM
well I have a couple of ideas but my son is also on here so I can't let it out.
His wife called last night for an idea and I didn't tell her either so he will be surprised when he gets his gift......v-drive

shadow
11-28-2006, 07:28 AM
I have no ideas at this time. Well, one but I can't post it here as my son reads this shit and I don't want to give it away.
I'll be watching also,I need ideas for several different people..

DILLIGAF
11-28-2006, 07:40 AM
I'll be watching also,I need ideas for several different people..
Hope things are well on your end and also at your brothers homestead.

havaduner
11-28-2006, 07:42 AM
I bought my wife a Rhino for her Birthday.. HA HA HA
I think she said she wanted more HP for the boat for Christmas LOL!!

riverliver
11-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Wow so did my wife http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif

Sigus
11-28-2006, 09:17 AM
My wife is getting a block wall. Hope she likes the color :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
11-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Crown moulding installed in every room is a great idea!! :)

Baja Big Dog
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey outcoled....now that should get you laid!!!

bunny 166
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
My wife is getting a block wall. Hope she likes the color :rolleyes:
LMAO! That's funny....I need 2 of those, too, LOL....I think we're just buying for the kids this year.....Clothes, riding boots because they're too small already :rolleyes: ,Ipod $$ for one and maybe an Ipod for the other one so they don't fight over it anymore :rolleyes: I'm still thinking....

ChumpChange
11-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Crown moulding installed in every room is a great idea!! :)
You do the install work as well? You sell baseboards?

OutCole'd
11-28-2006, 10:48 AM
You do the install work as well? You sell baseboards?
No installs, just sell it. And, yep, base, case, crown, etc....
http://www.smnv.net/

BshyBvrGirl
11-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Our family took an unconventional approach last year. We decided to not exchange gifts. With all of us living in different cities and states, it was too hard trying to figure out what to get each other and forget out about trying to get a wish list. So now we put the money we saved into airfare, gas, really phenomenal food, and lots of alcohol :) Of course, the grandbaby will get gifts, but it's really for the kids anyways.
So, only one gift to shop for this year...the significant other...and damn if that one ain't a bitch to come up with :idea: :D

ChumpChange
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
No installs, just sell it. And, yep, base, case, crown, etc....
http://www.smnv.net/
I'll be redoing every baseboard in the house within the next few months, changing it up to the 5" stuff or something like that.
I heard that crown is a pain to put up and one will realize how uneven their ceiling is when installing. You have rubber? I think that's what I'll need :rollside:

shadow
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Hope things are well on your end and also at your brothers homestead.
All is well Tom,Thanks for asking. Hope to see you soon. :)

shadow
11-28-2006, 11:05 AM
LMAO! That's funny....I need 2 of those, too, LOL....I think we're just buying for the kids this year.....Clothes, riding boots because they're too small already :rolleyes: ,Ipod $$ for one and maybe an Ipod for the other one so they don't fight over it anymore :rolleyes: I'm still thinking....
Ipods & docking stations are already wraped for the kids as well as itunes gift cards.Can't go wrong with these.Times sure have changed,i remember as kid wanting albums.

framer1
11-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Ipods & docking stations are already wraped for the kids as well as itunes gift cards.Can't go wrong with these.Times sure have changed,i remember as kid wanting albums.
Man, are you that old :) I have an idea for you...buy my boat :idea: Before anybody says another DCB for sale, i'm joking. Hope you guys have a great christmas, I don't even know what i'm getting Debi. Hell, I don't even know what I want.

shadow
11-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Man, are you that old :) I have an idea for you...buy my boat :idea: Before anybody says another DCB for sale, i'm joking. Hope you guys have a great christmas, I don't even know what i'm getting Debi. Hell, I don't even know what I want.
Hope you guys have a nice Xmas as well & say hello to Debi and Scott.

YeLLowBoaT
11-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I'll be redoing every baseboard in the house within the next few months, changing it up to the 5" stuff or something like that.
I heard that crown is a pain to put up and one will realize how uneven their ceiling is when installing. You have rubber? I think that's what I'll need :rollside:
Its not a pain, but its more work. the rubber stuff looks like sh*t, don't use it. There are several ways you can make it come out looking great.

Jbb
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
http://www.failuremag.com/images/fruitcake_home.jpg

cxr133
11-28-2006, 12:08 PM
i have been taking a DJ classes for a few weeks now.... i would love albums, Shoul i forward you my address??

Brian Hatch
11-28-2006, 12:11 PM
An American Outdoors Cooler, what else!!!
www.aocoolers.com
:)

Hardly Satisfied
11-28-2006, 12:26 PM
You can get her LAKERS TICKETS for Christmas

Hardly Satisfied
11-28-2006, 12:28 PM
1.TPI 848 efi
Hey Darrell we buy them things all year long , they should not need anything else

Hardly Satisfied
11-28-2006, 12:28 PM
www.aocoolers.com
Nice post Brian

ChumpChange
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Its not a pain, but its more work. the rubber stuff looks like sh*t, don't use it. There are several ways you can make it come out looking great.
Ha ha, there really is rubber crown? I thought I was just joking. I could only imagine how bad it could look though.
For Christmas I am asking for a Glock 45.

DILLIGAF
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
i have been taking a DJ classes for a few weeks now.... i would love albums, Shoul i forward you my address??
Shit, I got tons of the Old Skool funk and R&B stuff. Lots that you can't get anywhere. Ever heard of Blowfly?

DILLIGAF
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
HER? I don't have the problem you married guys do......lol

LHC30Victory
11-28-2006, 01:07 PM
For Christmas I am asking for a Glock 45.
That does it, we are REALLY gonna watch for you now :)

YeLLowBoaT
11-28-2006, 01:11 PM
skrew the glock... get a sig.

Sin Cal
11-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey Darrel you can get me whatever you want it's the thought that counts :) Whatever you do for the wife make it romantic and lasting. That always works for me. Hope all is well and have a good Holiday. Say hi to the wife from Lisa and I.

Wheeler
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey Darrel you can get me whatever you want it's the thought that counts :) Whatever you do for the wife make it romantic and lasting. That always works for me. Hope all is well and have a good Holiday. Say hi to the wife from Lisa and I.
Don't believe it, it's a trap!
Words Women Use....
FINE
this is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
NOTHING
This is the calm be fore the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"
GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.
LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"
THAT'S OKAY
This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.
Send this warning to the men you know to help them avoid, and deal with future arguments if they remember the terminology!
And send it to your women friends to give them a good laugh!
Oh, and before we forget ...
"Whatever"
...it's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!

Devil's Advocate
11-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I'd like something big and sparklie.. :D But it ain't happening.. :rolleyes: Depends on how much you want to put into it. As long as it's something that makes her feel special. No power drills to build her the cabinets she wanted, ya know, :rolleyes: :p

Jbb
11-28-2006, 04:20 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860merceder_slr_008.jpg

Devil's Advocate
11-28-2006, 04:20 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860merceder_slr_008.jpg
That'll work. :crossx:

cxr133
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Shit, I got tons of the Old Skool funk and R&B stuff. Lots that you can't get anywhere. Ever heard of Blowfly?
never heard of blowfly...
but you could just PM me all you records :crossx: :crossx:

Throttle
11-28-2006, 04:43 PM
liar, liar, pants on fire... she said she wanted me!

Throttle
11-28-2006, 04:44 PM
mmmm, this is gonna get ugly

shadow
11-28-2006, 06:32 PM
www.aocoolers.com
***boaters discount ;) Great idea Brian! Sent you a PM.

OutCole'd
11-28-2006, 08:26 PM
If you need any help picking something out, let me know. I'd be glad to help. I might also be able to help you get the material, let me know who is close to you. Stay away from the home centers if you can, you could get a better deal at a door shop or moulding type strore.

shadow
11-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Well Dale i thought about getting you something :idea: But then thought you never come out here and see us so i wouldn't be able to give it to you. :rollside:
Hope you guys have a nice Xmas and we will see you soon,Hopefully. :)