PDA

View Full Version : Header Polish??????

DansBlown73Nordic
11-16-2002, 01:07 PM
I bought this set of Blue Headers!!!! eek! I bought this polish called Blue-Away. It comes in a micro bottle.... eek! For $13...From H.D.
My question is two things, is there a better thing to use? Also am I wasting my time? The one that is almost done looks great.
This is my first set of headers. I can't believe how heavy these things are. eek!

Sangster
11-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Save your time & send them out & have them Jet coated.....last forever & looks great...... :D

Fiat48
11-16-2002, 10:43 PM
Lot of work, no faster way I know of. Similare products to blue away out there, but more of the same thing.
Change the motor to alcohol. Keeps the headers cooler and you can drink what you don't burn! eek! That's just a joke. Tablespoon can kill ya! wink

DansBlown73Nordic
11-17-2002, 03:26 AM
I know that there must be a easier way. :D Because this sure is a long process. The one I got done looks great. :D

Fiat48
11-17-2002, 04:58 AM
Dans66Stevens:
I know that there must be a easier way. :D Because this sure is a long process. The one I got done looks great. :D "it's the hard that makes it great!" :D Or did she say that. :rolleyes:

GofastRacer
11-17-2002, 06:45 AM
Dans66Stevens:
I know that there must be a easier way. :D Because this sure is a long process. The one I got done looks great. :D There is no easier way!, :D Blue-Away is about the best stuff but you have to remember that as the blue comes off, so does some of the chrome!..I used it on my bike a long time ago and I eventually rubbed the chrome off!!.. :mad: