PDA

View Full Version : boat transport/shipping

vdrivenman
12-05-2002, 04:20 AM
i have seen some previous poston this subject, but need information on shipping or transport of a hull & trailer(sanger fb) from texas to seattle,wash.
anyone with previous experience in this matter\companies, steps taken/positive or negative or anyone making a trip in that direction over the hoildays.
thanks,

Ragemaster
12-05-2002, 05:47 PM
vdriveman, I have gotten bids for transporting a flat from the LosAngeles area to Detroit area they ranged from 900 to 1800 dollars! and hauling two boats isnt any cheaper either. Im in the wrong Buisness man.

vdrivenman
12-05-2002, 06:18 PM
i am thinking about meeting the buyer half way,if i strike out on a shipping deal, but i will have to have a serious non refundable deposit b4 i make the drive.
does that sound unfair ?

GofastRacer
12-05-2002, 06:28 PM
vdrivenman:
i am thinking about meeting the buyer half way,if i strike out on a shipping deal, but i will have to have a serious non refundable deposit b4 i make the drive.
does that sound unfair ?Deposit shit, get the money, that way he'll be there for sure!!..Just my experience!!..... :rolleyes:

vdrivenman
12-05-2002, 06:45 PM
anybody headed up that way for the holidays, a job, or any other reason !

dossangers
12-05-2002, 07:17 PM
look in the back of powerboat mag. or call one of the florida boat dealers to give you a shipping co. maybe youll get lucky or buy a lot of no doz!!

572Daytona
12-05-2002, 09:17 PM
R Xpress shipped my 21 Daytona on the trailer from San Diego to Atlanta for around $600 a couple of years back. http://www.rxpressinc.com/ The only negative was that there were a couple of bassboats on the flatbed with it for part of the trip, I had to clean all of the fish scales off of mine and deodorize it from the 2 stroke fumes wink Seriously they did a great job and if you are flexible on your dates you can usually get a better deal since they can arrange for other transports to share the costs.

vdrivenman
12-06-2002, 04:10 AM
thanks for the info 572. i'll contact them.if i knew how i'd shoot u a 5Star for that.

572Daytona
12-06-2002, 05:44 AM
good luck...I suspect it will cost more now since fuel prices are higher now than when I had mine delivered but they were by far the most reasonably priced when I was shopping around.

vdrivenman
12-07-2002, 04:54 PM
i've inquired with three boat shipping companies and so far the lowest is $1400 up to $1800. that is a lotta coins to haul a flat bottom.
if it doesn't sell to someone close, guess i'll be on the road at Christmas!