PDA

View Full Version : So BajaMike is in Vegas and....

DILLIGAF
11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I am trying to convince him to throw down $500. on one hand of BJ. The only thing is that I told him to make sure it is a table where the dealer seems to be having fun with the players instead of hating their job.
What do you guys think....Should he do it?
He needs to take the Karma off of the boards and do it.
I vote yes and don't be a chicken shit Mike
:)

OnlyMoney
11-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I say go for it! Why not? He might win! :rollside:

rrrr
11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Go for it!!!! LOL it's not my money..... :rollside:
I hate those plays, I usually end up with 12 and the dealer showing a 3.... :220v: :220v:

Her454
11-29-2006, 03:11 PM
I am trying to convince him to throw down $500. on one hand of BJ. The only thing is that I told him to make sure it is a table where the dealer seems to be having fun with the players instead of hating their job.
So let me get this straight. He is in Vegas and calls you for gambling advice? Or you call him to offer gambling tips? I think he should send the money to me, I will invest in the best liquor lost money can buy and make Jello shots for all of us :)
You are as bored as I am arn't you Tom.

CAMPER5
11-29-2006, 03:11 PM
go for it , its only money :crossx:

RiverDave
11-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Baller like Mike? 5 bills is chump change! Of course he should do it! :D
A friend of mine that was a card player for years used to say... "If your not a professional gambler, most likely your best odds in vegas is to take 3/4 of what you were planning on betting during the trip and lay it down on one hand of Black jack. 50/50 chance of winning! If you lose take the other 1/4 and apply it to the "fun" portion of your trip becuase you were bound to lose, why waste anymore? If you win, well then you came out ahead and unscathed and you know what they say about quitting while your ahead."
I never did try this relatively simple advice... Maybe next time.
RD

Cole Trickle
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Baller like Mike? 5 bills is chump change! Of course he should do it! :D
A friend of mine that was a card player for years used to say... "If your not a professional gambler, most likely your best odds in vegas is to take 3/4 of what you were planning on betting during the trip and lay it down on one hand of Black jack. 50/50 chance of winning! If you lose take the other 1/4 and apply it to the "fun" portion of your trip becuase you were bound to lose, why waste anymore? If you win, well then you came out ahead and unscathed and you know what they say about quitting while your ahead."
I never did try this relatively simple advice... Maybe next time.
RD
I hate loosing all my money before I get that first drink;) :crossx:

BajaMike
11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Tom, it seems we did this in Laughlin a few times, and came out pretty good. It's got to beat sitting at the table and playing $10 bets for hours. But my stack of $100 chips is never as big as Tom's is...... :idea:
:rollside:

Her454
11-29-2006, 03:20 PM
LOL...Just had a few em's with him and trying to get him to go for this. It works for me from time to time.
One time during the Laughlin River Run I got everybody to throw in towards one hand of BJ for me to play. I think we collected about 2K or so. Anyhow, we had a whole group behind me and I insisted that the money play and no chips converted prior to the play. We were all drunk and BAM! we won and that was it. Most took their winnings but a couple of them insisted I do it again. 2nd hand wasn't good to us but that is why they call it gambling :)
Ya, I am a little bored :)
I take it thats a big fat NO on the Jello Shots hu? :rolleyes: :rollside:

Captain Dan
11-29-2006, 03:23 PM
What's all this about $500 for a one-handed BJ? (in the voice of Emily Latilla).

Her454
11-29-2006, 03:24 PM
I am all for you taking as many jello shots as you can. Just not me :)
Jello shots are no fun by yourself. :crossx:

BajaMike
11-29-2006, 03:29 PM
You take the jello and I will just drink my alcohol :)
Yea, I'm not into the jello shots.....kinda slimely like an oyster.... :cry:
But I'll take alcohol shot!
:rollside:

phebus
11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Whenever I decide to go big on a hand, I always end up with an eleven, with the dealer showing a six or something bad. So, of course I have to double a bet I shouldn't have made in the first place, and the dealer will draw abot five cards, and make twenty one.
Can't win........That's why one of my nicknames is Rick Vegas. People just love to rub it in. :mad:

BajaMike
11-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Whenever I decide to go big on a hand, I always end up with an eleven, with the dealer showing a six or something bad. So, of course I have to double a bet I shouldn't have made in the first place, and the dealer will draw abot five cards, and make twenty one.
Can't win........That's why one of my nicknames is Rick Vegas. People just love to rub it in. :mad:
Yea....that's why I'm stalling.... :idea:

phebus
11-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Can't go to the table with that mental approach.
Mike....Getting an 11 makes the decision easy to double down. Always double down on 11 and at that point you are playing the odds and not the "amount" of money you have on the table. Odds are in your favor with the 11 showing.
But, when you lose the "odds", you lose your money. :mad:

Cs19
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I dont know..River Daves got a point there, your probably better off placing one fatty on a hand of BJ or on black but I actually personally enjoy sitting at the tables for hours and hours. I enjoy the people, free drinks, the excitement...etc.
I played for a solid 6-7 hours last weekend and had a blast. Walked away 100 in the hole and was cool with that, cheap entertainment. I would blow that and then some on a big night in Newport or something and not have near as much fun.
I love gambling. :)

Bradman
11-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't think of it as losing $500.00, think of it as winning
$1000.00. And just think if you hit a black jack, that's another $500.00. I'm with Dilligaf, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

HavasuSelect
11-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I dont know..River Daves got a point there, your probably better off placing one fatty on a hand of BJ or on black but I actually personally enjoy sitting at the tables for hours and hours. I enjoy the people, free drinks, the excitement...etc.
I played for a solid 6-7 hours last weekend and had a blast. Walked away 100 in the hole and was cool with that, cheap entertainment. I would blow that and then some on a big night in Newport or something and not have near as much fun.
I totally agree with you. I spent 4 hours at a craps table and walked away with $5 less then what I came with. But I prob drank way more then that so I felt like a winner. Gambling is part of the whole Vegas mystique.
Hey Dilligaf, You can take the Clippers bashing off your sig now. It's been over a week.

RiverDave
11-30-2006, 11:39 AM
You play pool? :)
RD

Roxysnow
11-30-2006, 11:45 AM
I am trying to convince him to throw down $500. on one hand of BJ.
You think he'd het two hands for a $500 BJ. And maybe a little more??? :)

phebus
11-30-2006, 12:03 PM
LOL...I am pretty sure Mike chickened out :)
Probably spent the $500. at a strip club instead......
I think the proper word, would have been invested. Now, I think you are being negative. If you walk into a strip club thinking you are just spending it, you probably just will, but if you look at it as investment, who knows?