PDA

View Full Version : '07 Tahoe

brianthomas
11-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Just bought a new '07 Tahoe today and it has this HUGE gold colored chevy bow tie on the plastic housing around the license plate in the middle of the tailgate. Anyone know if this thing is just stuck on with adhesive or are there mounting pins that would leave holes if I removed it? This thing is nearly the size of,,,,,,,,,,,, well it's pretty big anyway.
This thing really drives nice! :)

BajaMike
11-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Pictures....
:idea:

phebus
11-29-2006, 06:55 PM
I've taken all the badging off all the Chevy's I have owned, including a '06 Tahoe, and an '05 truck. They were all just stuck on. I would guess the '07's are the same.

brianthomas
11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Well I think I'm headed back out to the garage to try the old fishing line trick.
Don't have any pictures but it is an LT in whatever they call that peweter color. Leather inside but no nav. or tv. I had an '05 and this thing rides, drives and lookes better. It is also much more quiet. It feels like it weighs more than it does but it just takes some getting used to. I think this 5.3 V8 is up to 320hp and 340 ft/lbs. now. The cylinder deactivation is kind of strange. You can hear it change if the stereo is not on and it only goes to V4 on down hill grades of 1% or more or if you let off the throttle at most speeds. It rarely goes to V4 on level ground.

Boatcop
11-29-2006, 07:05 PM
I just swapped out mine for a billet bow-tie. There are put on with heavy duty double stick goop and 2 pins that go through to the back of the grille. There are clips that hold the are kind of like nuts, but just twist off. a 3/8" socket will do it. You can reach down behind the grille and do this, unless you got real big forearms.
I got the bling on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-2007-Chevrolet-Avalanche-Tahoe-Billet-Emblem-BORDER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQhashZitem 190056767520QQihZ009QQitemZ190056767520QQtcZphoto) .
I also got the bling bow tie for the rear (double stick goo only) and a billet gas door.

charlyox
11-29-2006, 07:14 PM
I like the look of the bow tie on the back of tahoes

brianthomas
11-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I just swapped out mine for a billet bow-tie. There are put on with heavy duty double stick goop and 2 pins that go through to the back of the grille. There are clips that hold the are kind of like nuts, but just twist off. a 3/8" socket will do it. You can reach down behind the grille and do this, unless you got real big forearms.
I got the bling on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-2007-Chevrolet-Avalanche-Tahoe-Billet-Emblem-BORDER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQhashZitem 190056767520QQihZ009QQitemZ190056767520QQtcZphoto) .
I also got the bling bow tie for the rear (double stick goo only) and a billet gas door.
Thanks Boat Cop but I was looking at the rear one on the tailgate. I suppose the front one is just as ugly but I back into the garage and have not had to stare at it yet.
Now I see your edit after I wrote this.

brianthomas
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
I like the look of the bow tie on the back of tahoes
Sell ya mine once I get it off there. Cheap!

Boatcop
11-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks Boat Cop but I was looking at the rear one on the tailgate. I suppose the front one is just as ugly but I back into the garage and have not had to stare at it yet.
Now I see your edit after I wrote this.
And I mis-read your first post. I thought you were talking about the front one. :hammerhea
Yeah, the rear one is just goo'ed on. Rubbing alcohol will take away the residue.
I'll take some pics of the bling on mine tomorrow and throw them up here.

VanDeano
11-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Use a heat gun and gently pry it off...that is what I did.

CHEETAH24
11-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Pins on the back

brianthomas
11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Pins on the back
So who is correct. Argggggg! I don't want to screw it up on day one!
Cheetah,,,, if you're just messin with me :mad:

Boatcop
11-29-2006, 07:48 PM
So who is correct. Argggggg! I don't want to screw it up on day one!
Cheetah,,,, if you're just mess with me :mad:
The one on the rear DOES NOT have any pins.
At least mine didn't.

pixilatedpussy
11-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Just bought a new '07 Tahoe today and it has this HUGE gold colored chevy bow tie on the plastic housing around the license plate in the middle of the tailgate. Anyone know if this thing is just stuck on with adhesive or are there mounting pins that would leave holes if I removed it? This thing is nearly the size of,,,,,,,,,,,, well it's pretty big anyway.
My husband says he is almost positive it is just a stick on. If you want the thing de-badged feel free to call us or pm me :cool: We have done it to all of our vehicles & quite a few customers as well.

riverbound
11-29-2006, 08:44 PM
The rear is just stuck on. with white goo. its easy to remove.
The front has the pins and I bought a billet one off ebay.
I also removed the badges all around. I think it took me about an hour to do it all including installing the billet grill.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20489&stc=1
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20490&stc=1

brianthomas
11-30-2006, 05:21 AM
Oh good grief! It has two pins. Now trying to find the proper adhesive to put it back on!

RitcheyRch
11-30-2006, 05:28 AM
Surprised to hear that they used pins on it. Most seem to be stuck on with glue or double backed tape.
Oh good grief! It has two pins. Now trying to find the proper adhesive to put it back on!

Jbb
11-30-2006, 05:31 AM
use this (http://www.rightlook.com/browseproducts/3M-Plastic-and-Emblem-Adhesive.html)

riverbound
11-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Dont remove the whole thing....just remove the gold bowtie part.

CHEETAH24
11-30-2006, 07:20 AM
tried to tell ya..just use double sided tape to re-install it.

pixilatedpussy
11-30-2006, 10:59 AM
:220v: :220v: :220v: Agh!!!! They changed it????

pixilatedpussy
11-30-2006, 11:00 AM
If you want my husband to pull it off, fill the holes, & paint the handle...you are looking at $110.00 :rollside:

Cole Trickle
11-30-2006, 11:03 AM
If you want my husband to pull it off, fill the holes, & paint the handle...you are looking at $110.00 :rollside:
Thats a smoking deal!!!
I would do that in a heart beat.....that emblem on the rear looks like ass.
We need to figure out a time so I can get the car to you two... :) :cry: :idea:

pixilatedpussy
11-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Thats a smoking deal!!!
I would do that in a heart beat.....that emblem on the rear looks like ass.
We need to figure out a time so I can get the car to you two... :) :cry: :idea:
:rollside: :rollside: We arent a huge bodyshop...as you know. Just a small husband & wife dealio, so we are always able to keep the costs down. :rollside: Yes...yes you do babe! We will work something out.

riverbound
11-30-2006, 11:41 AM
To remove just the gold part, take a small screwdriver and lightly pry off JUST THE GOLD PART. it will break off in pieces and then there will be white glue on the chrome part, clean all that off with acetone and you are good to go. I have done this on quite a few tahoes and none of them had pins on the gold part. the chrome part of the bowite has the pins.

pixilatedpussy
11-30-2006, 11:44 AM
To remove just the gold part, take a small screwdriver and lightly pry off JUST THE GOLD PART. it will break off in pieces and then there will be white glue on the chrome part, clean all that off with acetone and you are good to go. I have done this on quite a few tahoes and none of them had pins on the gold part. the chrome part of the bowite has the pins.
The emblem is very sharp & if he flicks it...it will damage the paint. :rolleyes:
If he wants to do it himself...try a plastic putty knife.

haulina29
11-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Pixy that would be nosed and decked not de badging !!!!! :)

pixilatedpussy
11-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Pixy that would be nosed and decked not de badging !!!!! :)
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: Hey Im a chick...I talk in Lamen (sp)terms...not Bopdy Shop terminology. :220v: :rollside:

riverbound
11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
The emblem is very sharp & if he flicks it...it will damage the paint. :rolleyes:
If he wants to do it himself...try a plastic putty knife.
We must be talking about 2 different emblems... The one in the rear is a Chrome emblem with a "gold" insert. that is adhered to it with some sort of white silicone type glue. Removing the entire chrome piece could likely result in damge to the paint, but maybe I just got lucky on the ones I did.

haulina29
11-30-2006, 11:57 AM
To fill the two holes and repaint for the above mentioned number is a great deal . I bought my wife a 07 Caddy Ext black and it looked like a sunkist orange as well as multiple factory runs . I had it color sanded buffed and all the emblems removed except front and rear Cadillac symbol. It came out awsome.

phebus
11-30-2006, 12:10 PM
I debadged mine today, what do you think?
http://www.kiwikonnection.com/drags%20003.jpg

pixilatedpussy
11-30-2006, 12:11 PM
I debadged mine today, what do you think?
http://www.kiwikonnection.com/drags%20003.jpg
LMFAO! How do you drive that?

haulina29
11-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Looks like a 32 ford with a model a cross member front hair pins buggy sprung, ladder barcoil overs out back rear stock tank location, needs master cylinder/ brake pedal steering box drag link third member and brake lines and you got a complete roller. H29

PHOTOGLOU
11-30-2006, 06:13 PM
adhesive

brianthomas
11-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Yep,,, I took it off and there are two pins that go right through and a molding mark in the center of the plastic. I had a tube of rubber adhesive used for tennis shoes and put it back on. I will get some 3M emblem adhesive tomorrow and do it right.

brianthomas
11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Well I would love to take you up on that but droping it by will be a long drive, about 2,000 miles long. :)

voodoomedman
11-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Well I would love to take you up on that but droping it by will be a long drive, about 2,000 miles long. :)
If you have any work done to the truck ask them to do it. When I lifted my truck and all that good stuff I had them debadge everything. The only bowtie on the exterior is the billet one on the grill and the colormatched flamed sticker on the back window. Of course with all I spent on the lift and stuff I did not get charged extra for pulling off some adhesive.