PDA

View Full Version : Sanger Hydro handleing

Bahner tunnel
10-18-2002, 10:40 AM
I was wondering how well a Sanger hydro handles in choppy water. I'm looking into getting one , and was just wondering what to expect as far as ride and stability in average lake chop(0-1' high). Can this be an all around river/lake crusier or "wait for glass and haul ass" kind of hull. Thanks in advance for your replies.

HavasuDreamin'
10-18-2002, 10:45 AM
Bahner tunnel
[QB]"wait for glass and haul ass" kind of hull. QB]You answered your own question!

Bahner tunnel
10-18-2002, 10:48 AM
That is what I was afraid of. It is too bad because they are the baddest looking boat on the water. frown

HavasuDreamin'
10-18-2002, 10:51 AM
Bahner tunnel:
That is what I was afraid of. It is too bad because they are the baddest looking boat on the water. :(Could you go out an cruise around in 1' chop? Probably, but don't expect to be able to run very hard. Also, you have the low free board worries. A splash guard would help with that, but your best bet is sunrise and sunset banzai speed runs. Great boats, but if I were to own one, it wouldn't be the only boat I had. Good Luck

Morg
10-18-2002, 01:14 PM
BT,
After my parents divorced my dad built a sanger ski hydro, which I learned to ski behind. We would cruize Steamboat Slu & Hogback Island in the Nor. Cal. delta all day long. This of course was before the launch ramp had a 20 minute wait while the wake boards boats loaded the towers for battle.
I do believe a hydro makes a cool lake boat but their are certain things you have to watch out for. I believe a hydro is like a brand new GSXR750 It's not whether it's going to sink, It's when is it going to sink, or crashed in the bike's case. We sank my dad's. luckily it was on shore when it did.
Me personaly, I am building a sprint boat mostly to handle the rough water, & whoop ass on all my runner bottom, wait for glass water friends. :p :p :p
Morg
[ October 18, 2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Morg ]

Infomaniac
10-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Tunnel boats are the best lake boats. :)

sb540
10-18-2002, 02:36 PM
My '80 ski hydro cruises great in chop but I always save the hard blasts for early morning or late evening. Do you already have your eyes on one in particular?

Sangster
10-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Bahner Tunnel...
Don't listen to people that turn left if you want a fast boat..j/k John....Buy an "Eliminator Daytona V-Drive" or "jet" if you must...there the shitt..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kurtis500
10-18-2002, 10:37 PM
It rides like a picnic table too.

Bahner tunnel
10-19-2002, 12:53 AM
I like the reference to a GSXR 750. :D I have always liked them (Sanger Hydro), but do not know anyone who has one as there cruiser. It would be a blast to have a 100 mph boat, I was just curious of what to expect as for stability and safety in average conditions (choppy water).

Morg
10-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Sangster:
Bahner Tunnel...
Don't listen to people that turn left if you want a fast boat..j/k John....Buy an "Eliminator Daytona V-Drive" or "jet" if you must...there the shitt..... :mad: :mad: :mad: You talk'n to me :confused: :confused: :D :D
Bahner,
Never owned a bike I didn't crash. their are probablt still pieces of the last one outside of turn 2 at Sears Point.
Morg
[ October 19, 2002, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Morg ]

shirkey4750
10-20-2002, 06:23 PM
Ran my Sanger drag hydro all summer here on the local rivers. To ride the chop you have to give it just enough throttle to keep the nose up in the medium stuff an blast over the big stuff. But like they say best is morning and evening. Also run three bilge pumps, one in each compartment. Also have a 26' cruiser for the realley bad days.

superdave013
10-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Morg:
Me personaly, I am building a sprint boat mostly to handle the rough water, & whoop ass on all my runner bottom, wait for glass water friends. :p :p :p
MorgThat's funny, sounds like we are doing the same thing. But I'm building a ski race boat to whoop ass and the sprint boats in the chop. :D

infotraker
10-21-2002, 11:08 AM
We are having a great time with our 77 Sanger ski pickle fork . I have a 68 Schiada flat (had since 68 !) and have loved it for skiing etc. Last summer I bought a long sought after hydro. We use it for skiing, tubeing and hydro slide pulls. It cruises great over 1' chop as it rides over it instead of thru it like the flat.It has a splash guard in the back and 3 auto bilges. I leave it in the water overnite at Eagler lake and the delta unless there is a large wind storm. I rolls with most waves while floating around, it can even take a pretty good wake board boat wave and not take any water.
When the water gets flat it goes like crazy ! We love it !!!!

HavasuDreamin'
10-21-2002, 11:31 AM
Bahner tunnel:
It would be a blast to have a 100 mph boat, I was just curious of what to expect as for stability and safety in average conditions (choppy water).Somebody else said it.........get a 19' Daytona!

565edge
10-21-2002, 08:45 PM
Bahner tunnel,buy a tom papp edge,there the shit,there is a badd ass one for sale on dragboats.com,it says its a pro-boat light weight tunnell it is fray and purple. wink

Bahner tunnel
10-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Is that the one that is going for $10500 ? That guy e-mailed me some pictures of it and it is very nice. That only thing I don't like is the single seat, but that is an easy fix.

565edge
10-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Bahner tunnel:
Is that the one that is going for $10500 ? That guy e-mailed me some pictures of it and it is very nice. That only thing I don't like is the single seat, but that is an easy fix.Buy it and i will swap you the center seat and pedals for mine,i will even help you out?im thinking of converting mine back over to center seat,i got the brackets and two bad ass buckets and a lightning foot throttle for you,let me know.

PipesClean
10-22-2002, 01:13 PM
Do you have solid steering?? I have center solid steering in mine that I would like to trade for left hand steering!

dossangers
10-22-2002, 02:35 PM
I say buy the boat you want theres plenty of water to run on besides which boat looks more BADASS hydro or tunnel hull which all look the same!

565edge
10-22-2002, 06:26 PM
PipesClean:
Do you have solid steering?? I have center solid steering in mine that I would like to trade for left hand steering!What do you mean by solid steering,i have a rack and pinion type with a morse cable?

dannyUALsanger
10-22-2002, 08:32 PM
A drag hydro has been my ultimate boat dream for many years :) . Maybe one day.