PDA

View Full Version : """""""""Pool Builder""""""Bullhead,Fort Mojave,Havasu

Mr. Pixilated
01-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Pixi and I are starting our pool project @ the river house. Does anyone have any good suggestions...Thanks..

Phat Daddy
01-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Pixi and I are starting our pool project @ the river house. Does anyone have any good suggestions...Thanks..
Yeah, make sure the cuzzi fits atleast 10-12 peeps. Don't want to leave anyone out. ;) :D

SummitKarl
01-23-2006, 04:05 PM
FRICK...........do you two ever sleep........
go,go,go..gota go,go,go :rolleyes: :)

Mr. Pixilated
01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
When we sit it feels like we get nothing done....MOVE, MOVE, MOVE...

djunkie
01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Ya I wanna know too. I think we're gettin close to doing ours.

MAINEVENT
01-23-2006, 04:08 PM
FRICK...........do you two ever sleep........
go,go,go..gota go,go,go :rolleyes: :)
That's what big ballers do i guess i would'nt know...........:(

INSman
01-23-2006, 04:21 PM
We are looking at maybe using Island Pools (928) 486-9066. They were recommended by our landscaper (Desert Green) out there. Maybe we should get a package deal going with them or someone ??!!?? :rollside:

PlyaPlya22
01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Just build a cave in the middle of the pool with a bar inside and water spewing out of the top into the pool!! Now Sweat!! :D

Mr. Pixilated
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Just build a cave in the middle of the pool with a bar inside and water spewing out of the top into the pool!! Now Sweat!! :D
Sound like a good idea. Just need someone to biuld it...

PlyaPlya22
01-23-2006, 05:25 PM
If you build it we will come!! Let me get ahold of a freind of mine that is a Engineer/Designer for Castaway Pools!

Mr. Pixilated
01-23-2006, 05:27 PM
If you build it we will come!! Let me get ahold of a freind of mine that is a Engineer/Designer for Castaway Pools!
Sweet thanks...G

PlyaPlya22
01-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Sweet thanks...G
I just talked to Jason and he is going to give some of his builers a call and check licensing in AZ. Should have an answer sometime tomorrow.

Mr. Pixilated
01-23-2006, 05:40 PM
I just talked to Jason and he is going to give some of his builers a call and check licensing in AZ. Should have an answer sometime tomorrow.
Thanks, G

PlyaPlya22
01-23-2006, 05:45 PM
No sweat

hoolign
01-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't know anyone to build it...but I saw this thread and sent you 1600 lbs of rocks I had in the back yard..they should be at the Greyhound the day after tommorow..under the name of Findelshnecker!..in case you don't like them and don't want to pay the C.O.D .. :D

woody56
01-23-2006, 06:05 PM
not keeping the 50 track, a pool is a better idea..... :cool:

That Guy
01-23-2006, 06:12 PM
We used Mohave County Pools for the Havi house. Those peeps that have seen it can vouch that they did a really nice job. It is in our front yard if you want to go by and check it out, pm me.....The owner is Rex, really nice guy who I got hooked up with by my friend who is a realtor in Havi. By the way, our jacuzzi holds 20, so you're going to need to go bigger..... :crossx:

MagicMtnDan
01-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Unless you're looking to spend a pile of "extra" money, don't use a pool company. Go owner/builder and sub out the work to the same companies the pool companies use!
The contractors will be very happy to work with you because they'll be paid promptly after the work's done (by you) instead of waiting weeks and months by the pool company who usually jerks them around to improve their (the pool company's) cash flow.
Get recommendations for the best subs in your area for excavation, steel (rebar), concrete (pool and decking), and electrical. You can buy the equipment online.
We did it this way and got an amazing pool and spa with every bell and whistle (upgraded everything) and saved a pile o' money.

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 07:33 PM
My senses are telling me that it's ON when that bad boy is done. :devil: :devil: :devil: I'm requesting a grotto and a swim up bar please. Oh, and a shallow end for me. :D Go ahead, take that one and run with it. :rolleyes:

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Unless you're looking to spend a pile of "extra" money, don't use a pool company. Go owner/builder and sub out the work to the same companies the pool companies use!
The contractors will be very happy to work with you because they'll be paid promptly after the work's done (by you) instead of waiting weeks and months by the pool company who usually jerks them around to improve their (the pool company's) cash flow.
Get recommendations for the best subs in your area for excavation, steel (rebar), concrete (pool and decking), and electrical. You can buy the equipment online.
We did it this way and got an amazing pool and spa with every bell and whistle (upgraded everything) and saved a pile o' money.
......................................Hmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmm............................................. .....waiting for the invite. :D :D

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, make sure the cuzzi fits atleast 10-12 peeps. Don't want to leave anyone out. ;) :D
More like 20. We need space to SWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIINGGGG!! :crossx: :crossx:

INSman
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
We used Mohave County Pools for the Havi house. Those peeps that have seen it can vouch that they did a really nice job. It is in our front yard if you want to go by and check it out, pm me.....The owner is Rex, really nice guy who I got hooked up with by my friend who is a realtor in Havi. By the way, our jacuzzi holds 20, so you're going to need to go bigger..... :crossx:
NO pics ??!!?? :argue: :)

atomickitn
01-23-2006, 07:47 PM
how about a hole , with water in it :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Keep it commin! When I am up there for the whole wek of Spring Break ( all alone :cry: ) I will have contractors giving me estimates & changing my carpet they screwed up on!

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Keep it commin! When I am up there for the whole wek of Spring Break ( all alone :cry: ) I will have contractors giving me estimates & changing my carpet they screwed up on!
Awwwww. Does someone need company????

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Awwwww. Does someone need company????
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stacy said she might cum give me some lovin!

hoolign
01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
So you don't want the rocks I hand picked?? :confused: :confused:

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 08:04 PM
So you don't want the rocks I hand picked?? :confused: :confused:
LOL!!! Sure I will take them! Special Canadian rocks! :crossx:

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stacy said she might cum give me some lovin!
Mmmm. Maybe I need to play hooker, I mean hooky from work and sneak up on ya. :devil:

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
LOL!!! Sure I will take them! Special Canadian rocks! :crossx:
I hear the Canadian ones were like little pebbles. Like pea gravel they use in concrete. :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Mmmm. Maybe I need to play hooker, I mean hooky from work and sneak up on ya. :devil:
I might just take you up on that offer! Spring break at the Pixi's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: When are your kids off????

stvneil
01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
i 've built vinyl liner, gunite, one piece fiberglass pools over a 27 year period. i am just installing fiberglass now. problems are few and far apart. may be more pricey than gunite though.
if you are going to contract it yourself, you had better know what you are doing, size of rebar, spacing, strength of concrete, cure time, when to fill it and when to add the proper chemicals upon filling. i have seen many a disaster happen like this. when a problem shows up,who do you go to for warranty. good luck :)

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 08:16 PM
I might just take you up on that offer! Spring break at the Pixi's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: When are your kids off????
Don't think they get it cuz of year round.

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 08:17 PM
i 've built vinyl liner, gunite, one piece fiberglass pools over a 27 year period. i am just installing fiberglass now. problems are few and far apart. may be more pricey than gunite though.
if you are going to contract it yourself, you had better know what you are doing, size of rebar, spacing, strength of concrete, cure time, when to fill it and when to add the proper chemicals upon filling. i have seen many a disaster happen like this. when a problem shows up,who do you go to for warranty. good luck :)
Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it! :p

Ivan Dan
01-23-2006, 08:18 PM
We used Sandcastle Pools and they did a great job.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1267Havasu_Easter_2005_025.jpg

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
We used Sandcastle Pools and they did a great job.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1267Havasu_Easter_2005_025.jpg
Beautiful pool! (And the labs too :p ) Thank you! :p

Ivan Dan
01-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Beautiful pool! (And the labs too :p ) Thank you! :p
Thanks! We interviewed quite a few of the Havasu builders and it came down to Rex at Mohave County and Den at Sandcastle. Both are quality builders and I would recommend either one.

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks! We interviewed quite a few of the Havasu builders and it came down to Rex at Mohave County and Den at Sandcastle. Both are quality builders and I would recommend either one.
I will tell my husband! Thanks again sweetie! :p

Ivan Dan
01-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I will tell my husband! Thanks again sweetie! :p
Welcome!!! :D

MagicMtnDan
01-23-2006, 08:27 PM
You simply need to work with contractors who come recommended. They know what they're doing and you know what you want. Don't let this kind of post scare you away. If/when a problem "shows up" you will deal with the contractor responsible for it.
You can save a ton of money (all the money the pool contractor makes) if you work with the subcontractors directly.

stvneil
01-23-2006, 08:57 PM
You simply need to work with contractors who come recommended. They know what they're doing and you know what you want. Don't let this kind of post scare you away. If/when a problem "shows up" you will deal with the contractor responsible for it.
You can save a ton of money (all the money the pool contractor makes) if you work with the subcontractors directly.
what contractor do you deal with when a crack shows up. a lot of builders are tied in with pool builders because they get a kickback. just my .02. seen it happen too many times.
i don't have anything to gain here, just passing on experience.

slowinhavasu
01-23-2006, 09:07 PM
There is only one pool contractor I would use, MVR contstruction. Mike Van Rooy. There is a waiting list to have him build your pool, but it's worth the wait. His standards are way above the rest.From the rebar to the deck, 100% quality.He does it on time with total satisfaction. I need to figure out how to post a pick...give him a call 928-680-1317. If you want to see our pool give me a call....

That Guy
01-23-2006, 09:32 PM
NO pics ??!!?? :argue: :)
The pics are copywrited to protect the guilty....you will just have to come over and see the 20 person jac for yourself......by the way, it is clothing optional...which means if you are a hot girl, no clothes, if you are a guy, stay in the channel drinking.....lol. :crossx: :crossx:

Woodster
01-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Im in the process of doing the same thing right now..Just got my Rebar and plumbing done, have a few odds and ends to tie up and going for inspection on thurs..Gunite next monday and then the stone work and tile starts. So far its been a breeze doing it owner/ builder. I figured my pool wouldve been bid at 80-90 k by a pool contractor ..when its done and ill have around 50k into it.. Pool builders make a killing off of pools..So much that ive thought about starting up a pool buisness..

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
There is only one pool contractor I would use, MVR contstruction. Mike Van Rooy. There is a waiting list to have him build your pool, but it's worth the wait. His standards are way above the rest.From the rebar to the deck, 100% quality.He does it on time with total satisfaction. I need to figure out how to post a pick...give him a call 928-680-1317. If you want to see our pool give me a call....
Can you email pics???????????

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 09:58 PM
The pics are copywrited to protect the guilty....you will just have to come over and see the 20 person jac for yourself......by the way, it is clothing optional...which means if you are a hot girl, no clothes, if you are a guy, stay in the channel drinking.....lol. :crossx: :crossx:
Sounds like my kinda pool! Your wife must be nude all the time........cuz she is a very pretty lady!!!!!!!!! :p

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Im in the process of doing the same thing right now..Just got my Rebar and plumbing done, have a few odds and ends to tie up and going for inspection on thurs..Gunite next monday and then the stone work and tile starts. So far its been a breeze doing it owner/ builder. I figured my pool wouldve been bid at 80-90 k by a pool contractor ..when its done and ill have around 50k into it.. Pool builders make a killing off of pools..So much that ive thought about starting up a pool buisness..
If I do it this way I will need all the help I can get!!! Maybe you could email me the peeps you have been using?

phebus
01-23-2006, 10:02 PM
If you talk to a lot of people out there, theese are the two names that keep making the top of the list. And I've talked to end users, contractors, city inspectors etc.
I haven't heard of MVR, but will have to check them out, as we are planning on having a pool built in the near future.

That Guy
01-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Sounds like my kinda pool! Your wife must be nude all the time........cuz she is a very pretty lady!!!!!!!!! :p
Right back at you....you will have to come over and try the cuzzi.... :crossx:

Phat Matt
01-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I have seen it myself. It's a very nice set up.

pixilatedpussy
01-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Right back at you....you will have to come over and try the cuzzi.... :crossx:
That was very nice...but Im afraid her & I are not nearly the same catagory! I will take cute though! :p

imbndvs
01-24-2006, 04:55 AM
I don't know if there really is such a thing as a "good" pool builder.
I can say this though, my #1 worst experience in my life was dealing with a pool builder in Havasu! His name is Eddie Vudovich, if he showes up to give you a bid on ANYTHING, run away as fast as you can.
If I had it to do over again, I would build it myself and FCK the pool builders in Havasu!

nextel4u
01-24-2006, 06:23 AM
Excel Pools in Bullhead City
They have all of their Sprint-Nextel phones with us. Very professional staff we have dealt with there. I know they have a large office in Phoenix too, have heard nothing but good things about them.

Big Kahunaa
01-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Yes excel pools ther number is 928-763-2204 talk to JC tell himm JJ sent you but don't tell him you know peter he will charge you double j/k

That Guy
01-24-2006, 08:10 AM
I have seen it myself. It's a very nice set up.
Matty: You just have to work on the steps....Step 1. drop Jen off at our house. Step 2 drive back to the channel to listen to that bad ass stereo. Step 3 Pick Jen up the next morning.....oh and please bring breakfast... :crossx: :crossx:
Seriously, thanks for the kind words. We will have a party this summer...can't wait.... :)

That Guy
01-24-2006, 08:12 AM
That was very nice...but Im afraid her & I are not nearly the same catagory! I will take cute though! :p
Cute and then some..... :crossx: You still need to come over and see the pool. It might give you guys some ideas....and if we all just happen to fall in the jacuzzi, what can you do..... :crossx: :crossx:

Mr. Pixilated
01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Cute and then some..... :crossx: You still need to come over and see the pool. It might give you guys some ideas....and if we all just happen to fall in the jacuzzi, what can you do..... :crossx: :crossx:
Sounds like a plan, thanks for all your help. We'll keep in touch....

Mr. Pixilated
01-24-2006, 08:24 AM
not keeping the 50 track, a pool is a better idea..... :cool:
Wow, long time no talk. 50 track for now, now corners lined with carpet. Kids get better drive out of corners to hit it bigger. After pull is built we'll have a set of BMX jumps coming off the hillside behind the RV...

pixilatedpussy
01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes excel pools ther number is 928-763-2204 talk to JC tell himm JJ sent you but don't tell him you know peter he will charge you double j/k
Now that is funny!!! LOL!
We will be on the water for Spring Break...Hope to see ya again!

pixilatedpussy
01-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Hmmm....beware I might have to bring the B crew with us! LOL!!!! Lets make a plan of it! :p

pixilatedpussy
01-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Wow, long time no talk. 50 track for now, now corners lined with carpet. Kids get better drive out of corners to hit it bigger. After pull is built we'll have a set of BMX jumps coming off the hillside behind the RV...
IT NEVER ENDS DOES IT????? LOL! :220v: :p Good thing I love you so much! :p

slowinhavasu
01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Give me a e-mail address and I'll send you a few.....
Where do you go to learn how to post pics on here ????

That Guy
01-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Hmmm....beware I might have to bring the B crew with us! LOL!!!! Lets make a plan of it! :p
Anytime..... :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Anytime..... :crossx:
:rollside: Hey Happy 1000!!! :rollside:

ROZ
01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
if you are going to contract it yourself, you had better know what you are doing, size of rebar, spacing, strength of concrete, cure time, when to fill it and when to add the proper chemicals upon filling.
That's what engineered plans are for :D

Mr. Pixilated
01-24-2006, 04:34 PM
That's what engineered plans are for :D
I agree!!! But we still have to deal with desert fok...The heat makes them go loopie sometimes...

ROZ
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
The only issue here is that he's 360 miles away from managing the subs :D Gotta be there for those last moment tweaks and changes :D

BoatPI
01-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I am in the final stages of pool area, decking remodeling. Aparently there are only TWo pool plasters in Mohave County.
I am using Big Blasters from LHC. I strongly suggest that you look at a pool with 3M Quartz plastering. It is incredibly smooooth, and all sparkle. I need that as we play volleyball in the pool as it 5' deep center. Don't forget the Jandy RS-8 set up and the laser pool light stuff.