PDA

View Full Version : Boating practical jokes...

ratso
11-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Do you have any good ones?
I have wired up horns before while doing a light hookup for boat trailers, under the rear bumper, ground it and hook to a brake wire. When they go to pull away and then hit their brakes, the horn blasts... they start looking around like "Who the Hell is honking at me?" I also wired one under a dash before to the light wire... They go to leave, it's dark, they hit their lights, and the horn about blasts them out of the cab. :crossx:
On your cheaper speedometers that use pressure to move the needle, I pull the hose loose and tie it under the dash aimed right at their crotch. They are usually soaked by the time they back out of the throttle. :rollside:
I'll get my guys here, after rebuilding a motor, they are running it on a flushette and I'll go out there with a mallet and start tapping on the hull... They usually freak out thinking the motor is knocking before they see that it's me... That'll get some hearts racing. :2purples:
As far as making mistakes, years back I worked for a place and they sold a boat... this was even before tilt and trim... mount a motor and controls and ler her rip. The customer called and said he couldn't figure out how to start his motor... After going back and forth on the phone forever and thinking what a dumbass he was for not being able to figure it out, he brought the boat back in... no control box... :rolleyes:
Had another the guy said wouldn't back off the trailer... somebody mounted the battery and screwed the boat right down to the trailer board. :)
One final one for now... I was training a guy to rig boats... simple stuff first... showed him how to mount a fire extinguisher. After about ten or so boats I went out to check on him and show him something else to do... All ten boats had 2 screws sticking out the sides of the hulls... :jawdrop:

Biglue
11-30-2006, 12:49 PM
A machine shop I used to work at had these big horizontal lathes with 4 12 inch chucks. 2 inside the machine turning while the other 2 were being loaded. There was nothing dividing the 2 chucks inside the machine so when many of the times there was a crash the part or tooling would take out the neighboring chuck as well. The crashes were loud, I'm talking car accident loud at times. Anyway's I supervised a set up crew and one of my newer guys was setting up one of these monsters. I walked over to the cell he was working on. Next to the cell he was setting up there was a 55 gallon drum with a hinged lid. The lid was a fairly thick gage steel and it was pretty loud if you slammed. So then it came to my mind to pick up the lid and slam it real hard. When I did that I saw him focking jolt and hit the panic button.....we laughed out asses off. That became sort of the common practical joke we'd play on the new guys that became part of the set up crew.
Same shop. In the men's room there was a wall that divided the stalls from the urinals and sinks. Many times when someone was in a stall we'd turn the lights off as they were talking care of business as we walked out. This one time a buddy of mine walks in there as I was washing my hands. I see he has his newspaper and he is obviously going to get into a stall. I wait til he does and I go through the motions and open the door and I turned off the lights on him. I then tippy toed over to the wall that divided the mens room, and I could here him......god damned Lue, blah blah blah......I then hear him fold up his newspaper open the stall and I could hear him walking into the side I was on by the jingle of his keys. As I heard him come by me I barked and growled scaring the shit out of him. I could feel the newspaper flying by me as he tried to hit me with it. I was laughing pretty hard. I walk over to the lights switch and hit the lights. I looked over at him and he was walking while his pants at his knees to his ankles. I was ROFLMAO then...it took him a while to live that one down.

HCS
11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Some funny shit.
I had a buddy drill holes through the bottom of his boat while putting in a
battery box.
Personally I don't like drilling holes in my boat. :D :sqeyes:

ChumpChange
11-30-2006, 01:14 PM
So could pulling the plug out of a boat while in the channel be a practical joke if you stood there, pointed and laughed "Gotcha"!!!! :220v:

Kachina26
11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
One of our body shop guys was making a pull on a frame, he never used the right adapters, he would just hook on to a piece of metal with a hook. Sometimes shit would come apart. Well, one day, I snuk up behind him while he was doing this. You could tell he was afraid it was gonna come apart by the way he was standing. I happened to have an a/c compressor in my hand and they stored their scrap fenders/hoods etc. next to the machine. I waited till he hit the foot pedal again and chucked my compressor into the pile. I think he piddled his pants a little. Man I laughed my ass off!!!!

ratso
11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
So could pulling the plug out of a boat while in the channel be a practical joke if you stood there, pointed and laughed "Gotcha"!!!! :220v:
Only if it's a Bayliner. :idea:

Her454
11-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Hmmm somebody pulled the pin out of my drop hitch before I had a locking one and I almost lost the boat and trailer if it wasn't for the safety chain.
Not sure if it was a practical joke or not but it happened to a few of us within a short time period and I didn't find it funny. :mad:

ratso
11-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Hmmm somebody pulled the pin out of my drop hitch before I had a locking one and I almost lost the boat and trailer if it wasn't for the safety chain.
Not sure if it was a practical joke or not but it happened to a few of us within a short time period and I didn't find it funny. :mad:
That's not a practical joke... that's an Impractical one! Buy you a pin that uses a key...

ChumpChange
11-30-2006, 01:25 PM
This happened to me the last time I went to Havasu. Idiots!

Her454
11-30-2006, 01:27 PM
That's not a practical joke... that's an Impractical one! Buy you a pin that uses a key...
I did, thanks to RD. He recomended one right after it happened and I've used it ever since. It scared the hell out of me too. Happened on a steep grade as I was making a turn.

Throttle
11-30-2006, 01:29 PM
I put dogfood in the ice chest :argue:

ratso
11-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I did, thanks to RD. He recomended one right after it happened and I've used it ever since. It scared the hell out of me too. Happened on a grade as I was making a turn.
I'm so freakin' paranoid and anal, I always doublecheck mine to be sure everything is secure.

Throttle
11-30-2006, 01:30 PM
ok, thats not true, how about someone pulling ur speedo line... :idea:

RandyH
11-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Dooley played a trick on me once. Their new pan would only leak after the oil was hot. Hard to get close to a hot motor. Wouldnt leak on trailer or in the driveway.
RandyH

ChumpChange
11-30-2006, 01:32 PM
I put dogfood in the ice chest :argue:
What's up with Firefighters and Dog Food. Somebody might have sued you for 2.7mil. You were lucky.

Her454
11-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm so freakin' paranoid and anal, I always doublecheck mine to be sure everything is secure.
Me too, now. :rolleyes: :cry:

DILLIGAF
11-30-2006, 01:35 PM
That kind of situation gives the OK to walk up to whoever was responsible and punch the focker right in the face with no warning. Assuming you could find out who it was.
I have always used a lock for a pin. People think I am paranoid because I lock all my stuff up just to avoid this kind of thing.

Her454
11-30-2006, 01:53 PM
That kind of situation gives the OK to walk up to whoever was responsible and punch the focker right in the face with no warning. Assuming you could find out who it was.
I have always used a lock for a pin. People think I am paranoid because I lock all my stuff up just to avoid this kind of thing.
Trust me, once I quit shaking from the scare I had I would'a walked up and kicked him right in the f'ng junk. :mad:

lucky
11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
In Highschool I was the head courtsey cleark , I had a half ass crew ( fricken unions ) I always worked 3-midnight as i was a greedy lil bastard :) Well Everyone had their jobs so that closing would go smoothly -- amm i noticed the bathrooms wheren't getting cleaned , causing me to stay late and do them ! sooo The " one responsiable " lets call him Brent lol would wait till 10:30 p.m then take a 30 minute break to end his shift ( suppose to be 15minutes ) which he should have been taking around 8ish :) so I watched him for a few days and got pissed -- so On a friday night he pulled this shit again -- I called him on it - He was in the shitter and said he was not going to be able to clean the bathrooms as his shift was over -- Soooo I did it for him :) buhhhh Yep five gallons of cold water right over the shitter stall - nver had a problem again :) :cool:

Her454
11-30-2006, 03:53 PM
In Highschool I was the head courtsey cleark , I had a half ass crew ( fricken unions ) I always worked 3-midnight as i was a greedy lil bastard :) Well Everyone had their jobs so that closing would go smoothly -- amm i noticed the bathrooms wheren't getting cleaned , causing me to stay late and do them ! sooo The " one responsiable " lets call him Brent lol would wait till 10:30 p.m then take a 30 minute break to end his shift ( suppose to be 15minutes ) which he should have been taking around 8ish :) so I watched him for a few days and got pissed -- so On a friday night he pulled this shit again -- I called him on it - He was in the shitter and said he was not going to be able to clean the bathrooms as his shift was over -- Soooo I did it for him :) buhhhh Yep five gallons of cold water right over the shitter stall - nver had a problem again :) :cool:
Was he making boating sounds on the shitter? Just trying to figure this out.............. ;)

bilgewiper
11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Once went to pick up a late arriving non-boating friend at the dock. I had two buddies with me who were primed to yell "Oh S.H.IT" at the top of their lungs while acting like we were going to get hit by another boat and then jump overboard. I had just put the boat up on plane which was scary enough for this complete non-boater when the buddies fallowed thru and bailed oveboard at about 18mph.............will never forget the look on the non-boaters face and he was deciding if he too should be bailing out also.

UltraClean
11-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I work at a Honda dealer service dept...we turn the lights off as a tech is dropping a deuce...go in there with a can of brake cleaner and a lighter!!! lol good times...i caught a guys shoe laces on fire doing that once...havent done it in a while so the next sucker that goes in is...focked :crossx:

73kona455
11-30-2006, 04:53 PM
I work at a Honda dealer service dept...we turn the lights off as a tech is dropping a deuce...go in there with a can of brake cleaner and a lighter!!! lol good times...i caught a guys shoe laces on fire doing that once...havent done it in a while so the next sucker that goes in is...focked :crossx:
Starting fluid works good too.. just dont wait too long to light it.. propagates across the floor at knee level pretty quick...lol .. makes a really neat firebsll :rollside:

HCS
11-30-2006, 05:07 PM
We use a fire extinguisher. :rollside:

707dog
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
on a camping a powder puff tough guy came along with a friend we finally got sic of his chit so waited for him to hit the blue lagoon(porta-pottie) to drop a load and we dropped a m-1000 down the vent tube...lmao..it was ridiculesly loud and he came flyin out with his shorts dropped and pale as a ghost almost in tears..lmao that tough guy was quit for the rest of the weekend, he hasnt wanted to go camping with us ever since...lmao..

mickeyfinn
11-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Not boating related but:
Next time you have a group of friends over for drinks, take a 5 or 10 minute video of the toilet in the guest bathroom. After everyone is feeling good and your victim goes to the bathroom, plug in the video and have everyone laughing like hell watching the video when he comes out.

Debbolas
12-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Do you have any good ones?
I have wired up horns before while doing a light hookup for boat trailers, under the rear bumper, ground it and hook to a brake wire. When they go to pull away and then hit their brakes, the horn blasts... they start looking around like "Who the Hell is honking at me?" I also wired one under a dash before to the light wire... They go to leave, it's dark, they hit their lights, and the horn about blasts them out of the cab. :crossx:
On your cheaper speedometers that use pressure to move the needle, I pull the hose loose and tie it under the dash aimed right at their crotch. They are usually soaked by the time they back out of the throttle. :rollside:
I'll get my guys here, after rebuilding a motor, they are running it on a flushette and I'll go out there with a mallet and start tapping on the hull... They usually freak out thinking the motor is knocking before they see that it's me... That'll get some hearts racing. :2purples:
As far as making mistakes, years back I worked for a place and they sold a boat... this was even before tilt and trim... mount a motor and controls and ler her rip. The customer called and said he couldn't figure out how to start his motor... After going back and forth on the phone forever and thinking what a dumbass he was for not being able to figure it out, he brought the boat back in... no control box... :rolleyes:
Had another the guy said wouldn't back off the trailer... somebody mounted the battery and screwed the boat right down to the trailer board. :)
One final one for now... I was training a guy to rig boats... simple stuff first... showed him how to mount a fire extinguisher. After about ten or so boats I went out to check on him and show him something else to do... All ten boats had 2 screws sticking out the sides of the hulls... :jawdrop:
Can you show/tell me how to hook up the brake/horn thingy? That sounds really funny :D

lucky
12-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Was he making boating sounds on the shitter? Just trying to figure this out.............. ;)
yes outboard - he even had the smell of an outboard down :)