PDA

View Full Version : Spectra Tunnel hull?

HBjet
09-04-2003, 09:39 PM
When I was leaving the river this last Monday, I saw a V-drive 21' then I thought looked like a Spectra, and it was one of those open bow types that have the center console type steering. Well, it was yellow, and had a nice looking blower motor in it, but what caught my eye was the hull was a tunnel. There was just one tunnel, like what you would see when looking at the back of a Skater, but the tunnel was only about 2-3 feet wide. I first noticed it when looking at the front of the hull, and the hull still went to a point. Anyways, I thought I would post this in here to see if anyone had a photo of a boat like this, or know any history about a v-drive 21 hull that was converted, or whatever the story was. Also, if someone know's this boat, how does it run compared to the traditional V?
Here is a quick photoshop jobby with the white area showing about how big the tunnel was
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20tunnel2-med.jpg
And this is something like how front looked
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20spectra2.jpg
HBjet
[ September 04, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

HBjet
09-05-2003, 09:27 AM
No one has ever seen a Spectra or similar hull that was a tunnel? I'm not trying to make this a blown up thread that goes off the topic, I was just wondering the if anyone has seen something like this before. I never had and it blew me away seeing this boat and I just wanted to know how it worked.
Thanks
HBjet

superdave013
09-05-2003, 09:31 AM
RD had a spectra that was not a tunnel.
How's that?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9broom_bitch-med.jpg

superdave013
09-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Here's the tunnel of love. :D Well maybe not love but it sure looks fun. :D :D eek!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48OP6-med.jpg

stilettovdrive
09-05-2003, 09:55 AM
DOWN BOY,DOWN.

dossangers
09-05-2003, 10:38 AM
SD didnt shiada make a 21 tunnel river cruiser???

HBjet
09-05-2003, 11:29 AM
dossangers:
SD didnt shiada make a 21 tunnel river cruiser??? This boat was different from that tunnel though. It only had one tunnel down the middle, not 2 with a center pod.
HBjet

SPECTRABRENT
09-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Spectra never made a tunnel hull. Campbell made a 20 tunnell.
Brent

HBjet
09-05-2003, 01:53 PM
SPECTRABRENT:
Spectra never made a tunnel hull. Campbell made a 20 tunnell.
Brent Did the boat that Campbell made only have one tunnel down the middle, verses two?
HBjet

SPECTRABRENT
09-05-2003, 09:27 PM
The Campbell had a tunnel down the middle.
I think it was a v-drive and they did not make to many (I think 2).
Brent

HBjet
09-06-2003, 01:22 AM
SPECTRABRENT:
Brent Well, the one I saw was all yellow, and had the larger open bow type seating with the drives seat in the middle, like at a console type. It had a bad ass looking blown motor in the thing. I wish I had my camera, it was a trip to see!
HBjet

Itsahobby
09-06-2003, 07:20 AM
I think AZDON had a center console V-Drive.
Might check over there.
Hobby
HBjet:
SPECTRABRENT:
Brent Well, the one I saw was all yellow, and had the larger open bow type seating with the drives seat in the middle, like at a console type. It had a bad ass looking blown motor in the thing. I wish I had my camera, it was a trip to see!
HBjet

lilrick
06-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Well, the one I saw was all yellow, and had the larger open bow type seating with the drives seat in the middle, like at a console type. It had a bad ass looking blown motor in the thing. I wish I had my camera, it was a trip to see!
HBjet
My buddy owns that boat . He wants to sell it ,so I guess I'll get some pics uP!

HBjet
06-18-2006, 11:50 PM
My buddy owns that boat . He wants to sell it ,so I guess I'll get some pics uP!
Holy Crap this is an old thread.... I still remember the boat. Post pics for sure so everyone knows I'm not crazy!
HBjet

RiverDave
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Is he in Parker? I'm pretty sure the guy that owns this boat boats on Parker strip, and I think he is or was in the keys.. I know the boat runs pretty good though.
They had a small incident in it last year though, I think the rudder broke or something? I heard something about it, but don't know the details.
RD

lilrick
06-20-2006, 07:18 PM
He does run the boat at Parker, and yes he had a small incedent. no one was hurt though.I haven't had a chance to get any pics of the boat ,it's in storage right now. Soon there will be pics!

sintax
07-03-2006, 03:42 PM
He does run the boat at Parker, and yes he had a small incedent. no one was hurt though.I haven't had a chance to get any pics of the boat ,it's in storage right now. Soon there will be pics!
Any info on this?

lilrick
07-05-2006, 11:08 AM
sorry, my buddy has been draggin' his feet . As soon as I can get to it ,I'll get some pics up!