PDA

View Full Version : Audio amp input?

shadow
11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Do any of you gurus know anything about any of the following amps?
How do they rate?Good bad or indifferent,Run of the mill,are they along the same quailty lines with say Alpine,Fosgate,Kenwood,Pioneer,Kicker?
MA Audio
Soundstream
Hifonics
Boss Audio

shadow
11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
wheres Shockwavebob,Riverbound,Roz & HH when you need them?

riverbound
11-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Just saw this.
Give me a second to write up a response.

riverbound
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Do any of you gurus know anything about any of the following amps?
How do they rate?Good bad or indifferent,Run of the mill,are they along the same quailty lines with say Alpine,Fosgate,Kenwood,Pioneer,Kicker?
MA Audio
Soundstream
Hifonics
Boss Audio
MA Audio= generally will be a mid quality line, but I have seen some pretty decent sounding systems built around their stuff and they seem to do pretty well in the dollar per watt category
Soundstream= The higher end stuff does really well. and I was pretty succesful in the past with their stuff.
Hifonics=Old school technology and very ineficient. depending on application woudl not be a good choice
Boss= Swap meet brand, evne thought they have better dist. channels now and are more popular. they still are at the lower end of the Spectrum.

shadow
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
MA Audio= generally will be a mid quality line, but I have seen some pretty decent sounding systems built around their stuff and they seem to do pretty well in the dollar per watt category
Soundstream= The higher end stuff does really well. and I was pretty succesful in the past with their stuff.
Hifonics=Old school technology and very ineficient. depending on application woudl not be a good choice
Boss= Swap meet brand, evne thought they have better dist. channels now and are more popular. they still are at the lower end of the Spectrum.
Thanks Bill!Thats the info i'm looking for.By the way not for the boat.I ran across a line on a bunch of different brands and these are a few i haven't heard of.

riverbound
11-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks Bill!Thats the info i'm looking for.By the way not for the boat.I ran across a line on a bunch of different brands and these are a few i haven't heard of.
No problem...BTW I will be up there for the light parade on Sat. hope to see you guys out there.

shadow
11-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Give me a call,we will be around 486-7399
What amps would you perfer out of kenwood,fosgate,alpine,pioneer,soundstream,phoenix gold,kenwood excelon

riverbound
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
What amps would you perfer out of kenwood,fosgate,alpine,pioneer,soundstream,phoenix gold,kenwood excelon
They are all pretty decent.
In order of best to worse In my opinion.
Fosgate
Kenwood Excelon
Phoenix gold (pretty much same level as Kenwood Excelon)
Alpine
soundstream
pioneer
kenwood
I will give you a ring when we get up there.

shadow
11-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Cool & thanks for your input.See you this weekend.

Cole Trickle
12-01-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't have any first hand experience but the new Alpines are supposed to be sweet. Small and great power with less battery drain.
Mock is runnig them.

sigepmock
12-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah I'm very impressed with the new Alpine PDX amps...all digital so you can run them longer with less power drain and the power output seems to be very clear and strong. Mach26 is running 6 of them in his F32 and he's only running three batteries.....his is insane loud and he's had no issues so far.
Let me know Darrel and I can hook you up with Dave if you don't have a source already. These amps have changed my opinion about amps in general....I'm very very impressed.
Chris

Beer-30
12-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Remember too, that some MFGs are specific to a purpose.
IE:
Fosgate has always been know for PUNCH stuff and hard-hitting indestructable bass.
Eclipse, Zapco, PG, always known for clear, clean voices and highs.
That's just one small set of examples. Several other brands for both purpose.
I have all Eclipse for head unit, paragraphic, component speakers and amp for same.
Fosgate amp / speakers for bass.
All just turned 8 years old and have not replaced a single component.

thmper321
12-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I actually Represent PG and yes they are very good for clear sound. I worked at Alpine and the PDX amps are very very efficient. My friend who still works at Alpine will be installing these in his boat this off season. Hifonics amps use unregulated power supplies and needs good high voltage to make power so not so good for boats. Rockford has powerful amps but very inefficient which is also not so good for boats. Any of the amps that use the ICE technology, like Alpine would be a good choice for boat systems. I don't think Alpine is the only one but they are the manufacturer I'm most familiar with that uses the ICE technology. Just my opinion.