PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaner

cc322
11-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Any recomendations on a good cleaner for the interior of the baot?

riverbound
11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Magic erasers and Simple green work wonders for me. then folow it up with some vinyl pretectant.

voodoomedman
11-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Blue bottle of Meguire's works fine. So does the Dri Wash n' Guard stuff. If it's really dirty bust out some non soapy citrus cleaner and then follow up with the aformentioned stuff.

cc322
11-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Wher do you get the Magic erasers?

Phat Matt
11-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Wher do you get the Magic erasers?
Almost anywhere. Walmart, Target, probably even the grocery store. They work amazing. Even the knock offs. :)

voodoomedman
11-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Magic erasers are the only thing I've found to use on the white rubrail.

mbrown2
11-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Magic Erasure for tough spots.....but for every day use Zep Vinyl Cleaner/Protectant.......very good cleaner with built in protectant....
When I do need the Erasure, I follow it up with the Zep Vinyl Cleaner/Protectant.

Beer-30
11-30-2006, 10:21 PM
I use the 3M marine vinyl cleaner/restorer. For stubborn stuff we use Tough Stuff, as someone above mentioned. The 3M absolutely makes the whole interior look brand new even after it has been thrashed on by several on the boat. The wife usually does the interior while I am wiping the outside, and she will use nothing else. She actually starts to freak if we get low on product. I always have a bottle or two stashed as back-up. We have tried several different ones but we both like it the best.
I have not, however, tried the 303 stuff - which is supposed to be real good.
Another think about the 3M is that is leaves a protective coat but is not greasy.

INSman
11-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Magic Eraser then Dri Wash N Guard Vinyl Protectant

TT_trawler
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Magic erasers are the only thing I've found to use on the white rubrail.
I use Goof Off on thr rub rail...wipes clean in one pass

SOCALDETAIL1
12-01-2006, 12:20 AM
A good detailer.

86 catalina
12-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Boat bling vinyl sauce is the friggin best i have ever used on my interior.It is a bit strong i reccomend diluting http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20520&stc=1 or making sure that you wipe off extra.Call patrick up he'll give all hot boaters a bit of a deal.

tntperformance
12-01-2006, 05:52 AM
A good detailer.
Ya , what he said!!
Details,Details,Details!
1850 Industrial Blvd. #2
Lake Havasu City,Az. 86403
(928)453-2833

BigDoug
12-01-2006, 07:27 AM
A good detailer is my recommendation as well............................ :) right INSman ?

havaduner
12-01-2006, 07:46 AM
the cool thing about magic erasers, they will clean with just water, if you're in a pinch. I always have a couple in the boat.

INSman
01-07-2007, 07:47 AM
A good detailer is my recommendation as well............................ :) right INSman ?
Right !!!!
But, sometimes you just need a little "maintenance" cleaning after the big guy has gone in and done the full monty :D

Not So Fast
01-07-2007, 08:01 AM
If you use the Magic Eraser and your boat has some years on it just be prepared to go over the ENTIRE upholstery because the thing cleans it (even in the little nooks and crannys of the vinyl) to bright white so spot use will show badly. NSF

Beer-30
01-07-2007, 08:30 AM
If you use the Magic Eraser and your boat has some years on it just be prepared to go over the ENTIRE upholstery because the thing cleans it (even in the little nooks and crannys of the vinyl) to bright white so spot use will show badly. NSF
I don't understand. Come clean my interior and show me what you mean. :devil: :D

RitcheyRch
01-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Simple Green and Meguiars 57 works for me.

Dog Pen
01-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Zep makes a vinyl cleaner,works great.

NashvilleBound
01-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Zep makes a vinyl cleaner,works great.
I agree with the Zep Vinyl cleaner.... Got a case from Zep. Contact them direct. I think they are up on Corona off the 91.

Not So Fast
01-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I don't understand. Come clean my interior and show me what you mean. :devil: :D
No thanks Paul and your not funny:D I just helped my son detail a 30' Magic like yours and damn they have a lot of insides to clean!! NSF

ultra27jay
01-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Any recomendations on a good cleaner for the interior of the baot?
I have all boat bling cleaners in stock here in aliso viejo, if u want any P.M. me for the hot boater deal. here is some info on the vinyl sauce.........
"VINYL SAUCE" is a biodegradable, ready to spray interior cleaner. "VINYL SAUCE" is non-caustic, non-butyl and works in numerous marine cleaning applications. It is gentle and safe to use on all paint, vinyl and metal surfaces.
"VINYL SAUCE" is great for cleaning upholstery, carpets and interior vinyl/leather panels and even doubles an effective engine, floor and all surface cleaner that excels as a de-waxing agent. For wax and polish removal reduce existing product 40:1. "VINYL SAUCE" can be applied directly from the quart bottle with the provided trigger sprayer-the simple spray on and wipe off process. Use undiluted on vinyl, plastic, leather and carpets. When applying to cloth or upholstery you can use undiluted or reduce the existing formula 10:1 for general cleaning. Your interior deserves all the attention the exterior gets; our special "VINYL SAUCE" is the simple solution.
NOTE on the VINYL SAUCE Product:
The VINYL SAUCE is such a powerful cleaner that we recommend that you dilute the product at least 2 parts water to 1 part VINYL SAUCE. Please ensure you wipe all VINYL SAUCE off and leave no excess residue. You will be AMAZED by this product!

Havasu1986
01-07-2007, 09:50 AM
I had some spots on the purple part of my engine cover and took the boat to Tammys in Havi. They said that using simple green probably caused it. I had to replace the whole cover. They use the Zep brand only.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-07-2007, 09:50 AM
I love the vinyl sauce. But I am going to try the magic eraser when I drag the boat out of mothballs in a couple of months.

Hardly Satisfied
01-07-2007, 10:24 AM
I agree, even if he forgets your side doors :D Hi Doug

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I wasn't real satisfied with the detail jobs I've paid for. I found I still had to clean it after them. Same with most housecleaners.

77charger
01-07-2007, 12:10 PM
I had some spots on the purple part of my engine cover and took the boat to Tammys in Havi. They said that using simple green probably caused it. I had to replace the whole cover. They use the Zep brand only.
Have had some spotting caused by magic erasors too.I always wipe off all and follow up with 303 protectant

INSman
01-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I wasn't real satisfied with the detail jobs I've paid for. I found I still had to clean it after them. Same with most housecleaners.
Don't you worry your lil' heart, we will have a top notch cleaning company up and running here pretty darn quick :D

TOBTEK
01-07-2007, 12:14 PM
note on MAGIC ERASERS........ dont use them on ther interior painted walls of your house. I did when we were selling our last home. They leave a weird sheen on the walls. Had to seal the areas and repaint.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Don't you worry your lil' heart, we will have a top notch cleaning company up and running here pretty darn quick :D
You're too far away! :(

ULTRA26 # 1
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
From much experiance, Vinyl Sauce works better than any product I used. I dilute 5 to 1. You can get from suppliers on these boards or directly from Patrick at www.boatling.net. Again, Vinyl Sauce is an amazing product
John M

INSman
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
You're too far away! :(
Oh, maybe so... Sorry :D
I was thinking that we were talking about Havasu :idea: ;)

SOCALDETAIL1
01-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Most detailers don't take pride in their work. When I show up to a job I put myself in the state of mind that the boat. car or rv is mine. so I detail it like its mine. Alot of detailers show up to a job and treat it as a job. My old man always told me 'Detail it like its your own. and you'll be just fine'

jammin
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
White rubrails-acetone then wipe dry!

slowinhavasu
01-07-2007, 05:46 PM
From much experiance, Vinyl Sauce works better than any product I used. I dilute 5 to 1. You can get from suppliers on these boards or directly from Patrick at www.boatling.net. Again, Vinyl Sauce is an amazing product
John M
Boat Bling products are now available at Boat Brokers and Absolute Marine here in lake havsu......