PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are the real deal.

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 01:36 AM
They BITCH SLAPPED the Jazz tonight, just like I knew they would
Lakers 132 - Jazz 102 The Lakers should have won the first game in Utah, but they had a few unlucky rebounds down the stretch.
Should I post stats? :D Well, there are too many Kobe with 52, 30 of them in the 3rd quarter when he did not miss a shot. Odom 14x11x8
http://www.nba.com/games/20061130/UTALAL/boxscore.html?nav=scoreboardhome
Time to smoke the clippers on Saturday! AGAIN

Hardly Satisfied
12-01-2006, 02:09 AM
They BITCH SLAPPED the Jazz tonight, just like I knew they would
Lakers 132 - Jazz 102 The Lakers should have won the first game in Utah, but they had a few unlucky rebounds down the stretch.
Should I post stats? :D Well, there are too many Kobe with 52, 30 of them in the 3rd quarter when he did not miss a shot. Odom 14x11x8
http://www.nba.com/games/20061130/UTALAL/boxscore.html?nav=scoreboardhome
Time to smoke the clippers on Saturday! AGAIN
LAKE SHOW, Wait till Saturday

JetBoatRich
12-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Nice show by Kobe last night :cool:

work2play
12-01-2006, 07:35 AM
The Jazz will win the war.

AZJD
12-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Unfortunately for the Lakers, they have the Suns in there div. As soon as they hit stride there will be no looking back as they take the west! Oh don't look now I think they have won 6 straight, and 7 of last 8! :)

460 jus getn it
12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Unfortunately for the Lakers, they have the Suns in there div. As soon as they hit stride there will be no looking back as they take the west! Oh don't look now I think they have won 6 straight, and 7 of last 8! :)
I just let them talk, kobe this kobe that....He has to score 40 50 for his team to even have a chance......The suns started off slow, but here they come....
O HOW BOUT THEM CLIPPERS.

a catered life
12-01-2006, 07:53 AM
f the haters go lakers :p

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 08:05 AM
I think if they were the real deal, they would have beaten the Bucks as well, lets hope they learn from it and get on a roll from here.

acatitude
12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
not the real deal yet, but Kobe looked pretty damn awesome for 1 game .

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 08:19 AM
not the real deal yet, but Kobe looked pretty damn awesome for 1 game .
Yeah he did, sucker did not miss a shot in the 3rd quarter. That was entertaining to watch.

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I think if they were the real deal, they would have beaten the Bucks as well, lets hope they learn from it and get on a roll from here.
Yeah, unfortunately good teams lose to weaker teams sometimes. :) I think the Lakers were over confident and thought it was an easy win, especially since PJ was even smack talking the Bucks before the game, they totally disrespected them.
BTW: The Suns have been in the Lakers division for a long time. :) They are not that big of a threat, it is always good times and they definitely squeeked by the Lakers in the playoffs and that was a weaker Laker team then.
Hey 460 "Kobe this, Kobe that". Dont be delusional, he is the best player in the game right now. Of course he is going to score X amount of points if they do not defend him, every great team finds the other teams weakness and exploits it, Utah could not defend any Laker, they all had a great night.

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey "Insane". WHy don't you back up your rant with a bet?
If the Clips win you copy/paste this as your sig for two weeks:
The Clippers own LA now as they are the best team in LA. The last two years have proved it and they will punk the Lakers again this year
If the Lakers win I keep this one up for two more weeks:
The Clippers are the JV NBA team in LA and the Lakers still own them
If you don't bet this time I won't be going back/forth with you on this stuff anymore as it will be proof that you just like to talk and have no true faith in your team.
That is a deal, only since you will have lost twice, you need to add.
"The clippers are the Lakers bitch"

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Welcome back, Kobe
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
LOS ANGELES – One by one, the Utah Jazz kept coming for him, grudgingly taking turns in a hailstorm of humiliation. They were some sorry sight, the most hollow of looks in those eyes, the most uncertain of backpedals in their steps. Kobe Bryant had it going now, had himself going for everything as the Jazz had reduced themselves to mere spectators to his genius.
Here was the night at Staples Center when the new No. 24 looked like the old No. 23, when Phil Jackson became so swept away that he greeted Bryant with the most un-Phil of congratulations at the end of Thursday's 52-point explosion – a high-five. Maybe most of all, this was the end of the uncertainty about the sturdiness of that surgically repaired right knee. Finally, Kobe was Kobe again.
Once again, they would chant "M-V-P! M-V-P!" here, and perhaps Bryant got the season's most valuable player debate officially started in Thursday's 132-102 victory. Sometimes, it can be easy to forget that the LeBron James vs. Dwyane Wade debate is still for second place, because Bryant is still the best player in basketball.

460 jus getn it
12-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, unfortunately good teams lose to weaker teams sometimes. :) I think the Lakers were over confident and thought it was an easy win, especially since PJ was even smack talking the Bucks before the game, they totally disrespected them.
BTW: The Suns have been in the Lakers division for a long time. :) They are not that big of a threat, it is always good times and they definitely squeeked by the Lakers in the playoffs and that was a weaker Laker team then.
Hey 460 "Kobe this, Kobe that". Dont be delusional, he is the best player in the game right now. Of course he is going to score X amount of points if they do not defend him, every great team finds the other teams weakness and exploits it, Utah could not defend any Laker, they all had a great night.
Blahhhhhh hahahahahahahahahaha, ill give you he is good. But the best, awwww not to sure about that.

Cole Trickle
12-01-2006, 08:58 AM
They looked good last night!!
Everyone was hustling and making things happen.:D
I had to turn off the game against the Bucks after the first half because everyone on the team looked out of gas and lazy. :yuk:
Lakers are still better than the clippers;) :crossx:

Kiddunot
12-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Nope wrong again...they have a good team this year, just wait...yup kobe is the show...great player but so is odom he has really stepped his game up. I just let them talk, kobe this kobe that....He has to score 40 50 for his team to even have a chance......The suns started off slow, but here they come....
O HOW BOUT THEM CLIPPERS.

MayDaze
12-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah he did, sucker did not miss a shot in the 3rd quarter. That was entertaining to watch.
Say what you want about Kobe like him or not, there isn't a lot of guys in the game that could of put on a show like he did in the 3rd quarter.

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Say what you want about Kobe like him or not, there isn't a lot of guys in the game that could of put on a show like he did in the 3rd quarter.
I wasn't being negative, guess I should have put one of these :crossx: at the end.

Kiddunot
12-01-2006, 09:04 AM
I dont thinks so, as of right now he stands as the best active NBA Player in the League....Do your research before trying to burn him! Blahhhhhh hahahahahahahahahaha, ill give you he is good. But the best, awwww not to sure about that.

MayDaze
12-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Combined line for the "Super Centers" of the Lakers in last nights game:
Bynum/Brown
Min 36
FG 1-5
FT 6-8
REB 11
ASST 4
PF 5
PTS 8
BLOCKS 1
TO 3
Ya, everybody had a good game :rolleyes:
I'm glad to see you finally see USC for what they are... What is the Lakers record?

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Bynum/Brown
Min 36
FG 1-5
FT 6-8
REB 11
ASST 4
PF 5
PTS 8
BLOCKS 1
TO 3
As much as I like Don and him being a Laker brotheren and all, he does get kind of excited real quick. Either way, it was a good win for the Lakers, remove the combined center stats and the Lakers still win the game.

AZJD
12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
blah blah blah................lets see Kobe's team spirit when they don't win or get into the playoffs......wonder if he will even stay on the court for any of the 4th quarter!

MayDaze
12-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Lets just see how they do on the road in mid-Dec and going into Jan. It will be a brutal schedule for them. Almost all of their games have been at home so far with more upcoming. Then reality sets in.....
The Lakers are a much improved team that is young and has a lot of upside... (different from Notre Dames upside :rolleyes: ) Are they a championship team probably not.. Just like the Clippers aren't a 500 ball club.. It's a long season that will have many ups and downs.... It just so happens that it's the Lakers up right now :)

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Lets just see how they do on the road in mid-Dec and going into Jan. It will be a brutal schedule for them. Almost all of their games have been at home so far with more upcoming. Then reality sets in.....
Yup, they will have to learn how to win on the road, as well as the Clippers.

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Yes, the Clippers are a .500+ team and will show it as they come out of this funk they have started the season with. They haven't come close to playing their best ball. The Lakers have probably already played their best BB of the year. The road will tell the story as far as the Lakers go.
I think you are right about the Clipps, but I don't think the Lakers have played there best ball of the year yet. I know you would hope that, but they have not and are only going to improve as the new players are not up to par with the triangle and some players not being 100% yet. If you really think after 15 regular season games that some teams have peaked already, you are wishful thinking.

AirtimeLavey
12-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I think you are right about the Clipps, but I don't think the Lakers have played there best ball of the year yet. I know you would hope that, but they have not and are only going to improve as the new players are not up to par with the triangle and some players not being 100% yet. If you really think after 15 regular season games that some teams have peaked already, you are wishful thinking.
Ditto....to say they've peaked already...is well....envy clouding your mind. Fun game to watch last night. Progressing nicely. I'm feeling a spanking coming on the Clips on Sat. :crossx:

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Just looking at the early contributions from other Lakers as Kobe was slow to get going. As he gets going others will step back. Perfect example is Bynum. Young players will hit the wall at about 35-40 games regardless.
Yes, Bynum will hit the wall, but Evans, Vlad, Turriaf will not and only improve once they get the system down, Sasha still has to come around and Cook has been hampered by injuries as well, so there is more upside to consider. Everybody had to step up when Kobe was gone and while he is not 100%, they understand that and will still contribute. The cast did not have to do too much last night as Kobe was hot, and when a player is hot, you have to keep feeding him the ball. Kobe only played 34 minutes, instead of his usual 40 and the cast still took care of business for the other 14 minutes. I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Bynum/Brown
Min 36
FG 1-5
FT 6-8
REB 11
ASST 4
PF 5
PTS 8
BLOCKS 1
TO 3
Simply put they were not needed last night. They get their nights, every player seems to get their night, which is good. It is hard to look past Kobe's 52 last night, but what about Maurice Evans? holy shit...that dude has potential 17 points is nothing to shy away from.

MayDaze
12-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Yes, Bynum will hit the wall, but Evans, Vlad, Turriaf will not and only improve once they get the system down, Sasha still has to come around and Cook has been hampered by injuries as well, so there is more upside to consider. Everybody had to step up when Kobe was gone and while he is not 100%, they understand that and will still contribute. The cast did not have to do too much last night as Kobe was hot, and when a player is hot, you have to keep feeding him the ball. Kobe only played 34 minutes, instead of his usual 40 and the cast still took care of business for the other 14 minutes. I think there is a lot of room for improvement.
To add to what you said I don't think the Lakers coaching staff will let Bynum hit the wall.. I think what he has done so far has been a nice suprise and they didn't expect to much from him this season.. 19 yrs old has a lot of UPSIDE...

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 10:44 AM
jyruiz, you are right I do get excited. I have not missed a Lakers game since becoming a fan, I watch all the pre-seasons, regular seasons, post seasons, all the interviews and have always followed them closely. You being a fan know the ups and downs and all the haters that do not quit, so when the Lakers are putting out, you cannot help but be excited and rub it in a bit. :) I TIVO'd the game last night, since I had soccer and felt this would be a big win for the Lakers, since they almost pulled it off in Utah (should have won). Utah is the big hype, so I stayed up until 2am watching the game was super pumped! Great win.
BTW: I always agree with everything you say, you are very fair. Excited? Me? YES no doubt, that is the type of guy I am VERY PASIONATE ask my teammates how I play on the field. :D

Jyruiz
12-01-2006, 11:03 AM
jyruiz, you are right I do get excited. I have not missed a Lakers game since becoming a fan, I watch all the pre-seasons, regular seasons, post seasons, all the interviews and have always followed them closely. You being a fan know the ups and downs and all the haters that do not quit, so when the Lakers are putting out, you cannot help but be excited and rub it in a bit. :) I TIVO'd the game last night, since I had soccer and felt this would be a big win for the Lakers, since they almost pulled it off in Utah (should have won). Utah is the big hype, so I stayed up until 2am watching the game was super pumped! Great win.
BTW: I always agree with everything you say, you are very fair. Excited? Me? YES no doubt, that is the type of guy I am VERY PASIONATE ask my teammates how I play on the field. :D
It would be fun to watch a game with you Don.

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 11:08 AM
It would be fun to watch a game with you Don.
Thanks. :) It would probably be good to have you there to settle me down. :D

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 01:26 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/61/full.getty-71797407ab016_jazz_lakers_3_38_39_am.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061201/capt.936ab5877a834445af2c836e6f480eb6.jazz_lakers_ basketball_las106.jpg
This just gives you the warm fuzzies.

AirtimeLavey
12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
That's what being a true fan is all about. Shiat, I can get down for days when they lose....it's about passion. That's what makes it fun! :cool:
Lakers scored what, 130? So take Kobe's 52 away, you get the rest of the team contributing 78...that's a great team effort. I call that progress. Big men do need some work, but that's to be expected. They're rolling.... :cool:

dmontzsta
12-01-2006, 07:06 PM
That's what being a true fan is all about. Shiat, I can get down for days when they lose....it's about passion. That's what makes it fun! :cool:
Lakers scored what, 130? So take Kobe's 52 away, you get the rest of the team contributing 78...that's a great team effort. I call that progress. Big men do need some work, but that's to be expected. They're rolling.... :cool:
amen! :D
Lakers scored 132 and Kobe scored 52 the rest of the team had 80!
Parker 7
Odom 14
Walton 10
Brown 2
Farmar 8
Evans 17
Turiaf 8
Bynum 6
Radmanovic 3
Vujacic 5
Every active player played and scored.
They made the Jazz look like a high school team.

totenhosen
12-01-2006, 10:45 PM
i'm more amazed on "tex winter's" rug ..... :rolleyes: right behind rambis ! that road kill takes 15 years off of him :cry: :rollside:
You sure about that. I looked up some pics of him and I couldn't tell

dmontzsta
12-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Still don't have a confirmed bet from Don.....
Jeeezzzzz.........
What is in it for me? You already lost once, when you lose again, what is in it for me? I told you what I wanted. :) I will get the satisfaction when the Lakers beat their ass tonight.

Jyruiz
12-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Looking forward to the game, the Clipps will be looking for payback.

dmontzsta
12-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Lakers by 8+, Kobe will have 30+.

AirtimeLavey
12-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Lakers by 8+, Kobe will have 30+.
Have to disagree......
Lakers by 10+. :crossx: I hope the Clips can make a game of it. Aren't they still w/o Kaveman and E.T. (Cassell)?

dmontzsta
12-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Have to disagree......
Lakers by 10+. :crossx: I hope the Clips can make a game of it. Aren't they still w/o Kaveman and E.T. (Cassell)?
We can split it I guess? :D You called 10, I called 8 and it was 9. ;)
F the clippers.
See why I didnt bet DILLF, what was in it for me? NOTHING.

Jyruiz
12-02-2006, 10:01 PM
That was a good game by the Lakers, Kobe though, too many TO's. Clipps have got to get it together, they don't look like the team from last year at all, EB does not touch the ball enough, Kaman is looking like he is not worth his new contract and if it wasn't for SC and CM, they would really be getting blown out. I hope the Clipps can get it together hear soon.

dmontzsta
12-02-2006, 10:03 PM
That was a good game by the Lakers, Kobe though, too many TO's. Clipps have got to get it together, they don't look like the team from last year at all, EB does not touch the ball enough, Kaman is looking like he is not worth his new contract and if it wasn't for SC and CM, they would really be getting blown out. I hope the Clipps can get it together hear soon.
I think you are the voice of reason and do always agree with you, but come on! CELEBRATE for once, you are a Lakers fan and you have to be excited with a mediocre game, but still pulling off a win! :D

Jyruiz
12-02-2006, 10:10 PM
I think you are the voice of reason and do always agree with you, but come on! CELEBRATE for once, you are a Lakers fan and you have to be excited with a mediocre game, but still pulling off a win! :D
I was real excited Don, mostley because the whole team made contributions and never let up. Their progress makes me real excited, specially for the young guys. Saying all that though, you won't see me type "F the Clippers" but it is nice to see the Lakers prove to everybody that this is still their town. :)

dmontzsta
12-02-2006, 10:24 PM
I was real excited Don, mostley because the whole team made contributions and never let up. Their progress makes me real excited, specially for the young guys. Saying all that though, you won't see me type "F the Clippers" but it is nice to see the Lakers prove to everybody that this is still their town. :)
Fair enough, I see where you are coming from. You have respect, which is classy. I only throw up the F flag, because the haters make me and I do not have the self control you have. :D

AirtimeLavey
12-03-2006, 02:07 PM
We can split it I guess? :D You called 10, I called 8 and it was 9. ;)
F the clippers.
See why I didnt bet DILLF, what was in it for me? NOTHING.
If Lakers shot better from the charity stripe, I'd been on the money, but our feeling was right on, anyway. I probably wouldn't have thrown out 10+ if I'd a known that E.T. and Kaveman were playing. I guess the Clips are in worse shape than I thought. They're going to have to get it together soon, because I'm sure they've got to start their regular season, soon. I mean, how long can they keep up with the "preseason" excuse?
I sure hope Dilligaf doesn't bet like that at the tables! :p

dmontzsta
12-03-2006, 03:14 PM
I sure hope Dilligaf doesn't bet like that at the tables! :p
:)

dmontzsta
12-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Shit......You can't lose/win unless someone takes your bet.....
I am calling BS on you LF's. No more debates with Don as I stated. I will just kick back and watch the season unfold. Don doesn't risk anything at all. Just cackles in the background line a bunch of ducks.
The Clippers will get it going at some point and last night against Orlando was a step in the right direction.
The CF/LF debates won't be the same without me and Don calling each other out. Somebody else will have to deal with that shit....
I am on record with my views and my bets.
Later
Geeez, you and your one sided beats. :)
NOTHING was in it for me, you already lost once and had your stuff posted and did not want to post what I wanted, so the bet was not agreed upon. I let you know what I wanted and you denied. NOT ME! :yuk: :rollside:

Jyruiz
12-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Shit......You can't lose/win unless someone takes your bet.....
I am calling BS on you LF's. No more debates with Don as I stated. I will just kick back and watch the season unfold. Don doesn't risk anything at all. Just cackles in the background line a bunch of ducks.
The Clippers will get it going at some point and last night against Orlando was a step in the right direction.
The CF/LF debates won't be the same without me and Don calling each other out. Somebody else will have to deal with that shit....
I am on record with my views and my bets.
Later
I hope so, cause that is what I thought after the Memphis game.

dmontzsta
12-04-2006, 08:58 AM
I told you what I wanted and you would not agree. It is lame to keep your same weak sig up after the Lakers tapped that ass twice. The clippers are the Lakers bitches right now and you would not admit it. :) 2-0 LIVE IN THE NOW!!!
11-5
8-8 :D :220v:

a catered life
12-04-2006, 09:51 AM
f the haters go lakers :p
yea what he said

dmontzsta
12-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Down go the spurs...
14-6

Jyruiz
12-10-2006, 09:02 PM
They played a pretty good game tonight, everybody was busting there arse.:)

dmontzsta
12-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah, when they play the hustle game, they are unstoppable. Kwame is looking great, that one step on Duncan is something he should do more, he is strong and quick! Odom looks VERY comfortable and Kobe is really trusting everyone. Things are CLICKING! Bynum stood his ground...everyone played well again and they didnt even use Turiaf, Radmanovic or Sasha.

Jyruiz
12-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, when they play the hustle game, they are unstoppable. Kwame is looking great, that one step on Duncan is something he should do more, he is strong and quick! Odom looks VERY comfortable and Kobe is really trusting everyone. Things are CLICKING! Bynum stood his ground...everyone played well again and they didnt even use Turiaf, Radmanovic or Sasha.
Sasha should not be used anyway, the guy has gone down hill. If they hustle like that and keep there TO's to 15 and under, they will be real hard to beat.

SHOTKALLIN
12-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I have been watching the Lake show. I saw both victories ove the clips. I think this team has some serious potential. I have been hard on Dr. Buss. Looks like things are working out.

dmontzsta
12-11-2006, 12:00 AM
At the post game press conference, PJ said "We learned something new about ourselves and it is going to help us grow even more now" When asked what it was by reporters, he replied "It is a secret, I am not going to reveal". By listening to his players, we can only guess that they realized they are tough and can scrap and play D, the type of D that wins Championships. They are clearly focused at this moment, just in time for a road trip.
No more wondering and doubting. No more pointing to the soft early-season schedule. No more poking holes and poking fun.
You can write it down: The Lakers can play. The Lakers are good.
And more than that, the Lakers are tough.
You heard right. Not slick, not pretty. Tough.
No less an authority than the Marine himself, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, said so after his boys, who don't ever get pushed around, got manhandled in a 106-99 Los Angeles win Sunday night. "Their pressure really got us on our heels," he said. "We absolutely folded under their pressure."
Down 48-46 at halftime, the Lakers might have been the ones who folded, might have been the ones who figured they couldn't hang with a San Antonio team that seems capable, night in and night out, of doing anything and everything it takes to win. But instead, Los Angeles dialed it up, on both ends of the floor.
The third-quarter offensive numbers are impressive: 37 points, nine assists, three 3s, and 62.5 percent field goal shooting. But it was the Lakers' defense, scrapping, slapping, and fighting, that made those numbers possible. They contested even the most perfunctory entry passes and gimme shots.
Smush Parker grabs a Tony Parker lob almost before it leaves his hand and before you know it the ball is headed the other way for a Luke Walton 3-point play. Walton strips Bruce Bowen in the lane and Lamar Odom picks up the loose ball and fires ahead to Kobe Bryant for a right-hand jam. Bryant steals a back-cut pass intended for Beno Udrih and runs down the floor and flicks it to Parker in the corner, who finds Odom at the top of the key for an easy-as-you please 3-pointer.
And so it went, stop after stop, transition bucket after transition bucket, and gut-check after gut-check; a 22-3 smackdown to go up 83-70 (a lead they would never relinquish) by the end of the third quarter.
"To beat a team like San Antonio it has to come from the defense for us," Walton said afterward. "We have the desire. We have guys who want to win and guys who want to play defense to make it happen."
Notice he said "guys," plural.
Kobe was his superstar self, coming up 34-point big (on a bum ankle and 13-25 shooting, including 4-for-5 from beyond the arc), and the crowd loved him for it, chanting "MVP! MVP!" as the game clock wound down in the fourth, but the Staples Center faithful reached a fever pitch in the third, loving every rough-hewn minute of the Lakers' defensive clinic, feeding off the collective intensity the players brought to each possession. The fans sensed they were seeing something, some kind of promise they can count on down the road, some new thing that doesn't just begin and end with Number 24.
All five Lakers starters were in double figures. Odom pulled down eleven boards. Kwame Brown blocked two, grabbed five, and dished out three. Walton was 7-for-15 and was aggressive going for loose balls and open looks alike. Everybody got some. Everybody sold out. Everybody pushed.
"Everyone had each other's backs tonight," Walton said, still grinning from the feeling of it. "I knew it was in this team." In this team to be a team. In this team to D up. In this team to band together and put a very good team down. Decisively.
"This did a lot for our confidence," Brown said, moments after a crowd of reporters left his locker Sunday night. "We're taking pride as a team and in playing as a team. We know this is Kobe's team, but guys like me and Luke, we have to step up, and take pressure off of him if we're going to go far."
It's too early to say how far they'll go, but it's not too early to say they look right now like a legitimate playoff team, with a capital T in Team. Last year they were Bryant and a bunch of backup singers, but this year's show is something else again, something more complete, and something tougher to put down.
"They are much improved over last year on a variety of levels and they are just going to keep getting better," Popovich said. "Their defense is better than it was last year."
There will be nights when Kobe carries this team by himself. There will be nights Lamar presses instead of letting the offense come to him as he did Sunday (he finished just one assist shy of a triple-double). There will be nights Andrew Bynum (3-for-4 from the field and one big tone-setting block of Tim Duncan) plays more timidly than he did against the Spurs. And there will be nights the reserves (who Phil Jackson called "inspirational" in his postgame press conference) struggle to make a difference.
But this defense, this growing possibility that it will define them (Staples was rocking with the call of "Dee-fense! Dee-fense!" throughout much of the second half Sunday), will, if they stay tough, carry them a long way, longer than we guessed at the beginning of the season.
It carries them now to Texas, to games with Houston and Dallas.
Talk about tough.
"We're going to see what we're made of," Brown said, smiling, like they were eager for the chance to man-up.

khasmoth
12-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Sure, anything you say Don
I'll go for Lakers. Clips seems to be struggling as of the moment. But Kobe is more determined I think.

MayDaze
12-11-2006, 07:44 AM
It was fun to watch, I think LO played a great game his confidence was sky high.

Jyruiz
12-11-2006, 08:05 AM
It was fun to watch, I think LO played a great game his confidence was sky high.
I am very surprise with LO, after the summer he had, I was not expecting this. He has prove me wrong and the guy is bringing it every game. Even in games he does not score much, he is rebounding and doing all the little things a team needs. That right there is a great example for the rest of the team.

dmontzsta
12-11-2006, 08:26 AM
I am very surprise with LO, after the summer he had, I was not expecting this. He has prove me wrong and the guy is bringing it every game. Even in games he does not score much, he is rebounding and doing all the little things a team needs. That right there is a great example for the rest of the team.
Everyone knows how great Kobe is and if you are around him and not giving it your all, he looks at it as weakness. Well, here is what he had to say when asked about LO.
Entering his third season playing with Lamar Odom, Kobe Bryant offered his thoughts about the development of his teammate, who was averaging 18.4 points, 9.1 rebounds and 5.1 assists before the weekend.
"Last year, what I used to have to remind him every once in a while was, 'Do you want to be a great player or do you want to be a (so-so) player?'" Bryant said. "When you think about it, if he could step outside of himself, he could take it to another level.
"This year, I haven't had to do that at all because it's just clicked with him. Again, I think it was the playoffs. The series he had against Phoenix, he stepped up (and) had an incredible series. I think that showed him what he's capable of."
LO was one assist shy of a triple double last night, the guy flirts with it every night. 18-11-9.

dmontzsta
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
has anyone seen the clippers or tom ??? you think they picked up and left town (la) :cry: :( keyes
I am 100% sure he is around, he just cannot say anything. :)

MayDaze
12-11-2006, 09:19 AM
has anyone seen the clippers or tom ??? you think they picked up and left town (la) :cry: :( keyes
He doesn't have internet access at home right now......

dmontzsta
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
F THAT! I am here just won't banter with some that just like to run at the mouth.
It is a long season and the Lakers won't play at .700 all year. Just hanging in the background as the Clips are playing a little better but have many improvements to make. As I said earlier the Lakers are playing their best ball and the Clippers aren't. Simple as that.
I actually am on HB less and less though. Combination of computer problems and just the overall BS being posted these days.
Although, the Lakers are not playing their best ball, they showed what they can do last night, that 3rd quarter ONLY has been some of their best ball all year. :) Once they start playing like that (now that they know they can) you will see what their best ball is. :) woooot!
clippers are in a stump, but it is tough, the players are older Cassell in particular. If the clippers were really serious and smart! they would be trying to bring Iverson in right now, get rid of Cassell, Livingston (cause he will never be anything special), Magette, everyone should be on the block, except EB.

MayDaze
12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
F THAT! I am here just won't banter with some that just like to run at the mouth.
It is a long season and the Lakers won't play at .700 all year. Just hanging in the background as the Clips are playing a little better but have many improvements to make. As I said earlier the Lakers are playing their best ball and the Clippers aren't. Simple as that.
I actually am on HB less and less though. Combination of computer problems and just the overall BS being posted these days.
I agree the Clippers are not playing at the level they are capable of playing at.. I also think the Lakers can improve and be more consistant with the not so good teams int he NBA... They always seem to get up for the big game..

dmontzsta
12-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I agree the Clippers are not playing at the level they are capable of playing at.. I also think the Lakers can improve and be more consistant with the not so good teams int he NBA... They always seem to get up for the big game..
So true. Thinking about it, their record should be an easy 17-3. They won that rode game against Utah all the way, then dropped it at the very end. They should have beat New Orleans and Milwaukee but they played down to their level. When they play tough teams, they really come out and shine, but weaker teams they need to do the same with.

Jyruiz
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
The Clipps are not surprising anybody this season, the rest of the league is aware of how good they are and are turning it up a notch when they play the Clipps. The Clipps also don't have a solid system, they look like they are playing a playground style bball. Lets hope Dunleavy installs some type of system here soon so they can get use to it an run it the rest of the season, cause when players come down and shoot with out passing it at all, it does not allow the offense to flow and does not allow the players to setup and get ready for the rebounds. A lot of problems with the Clipps right now, hope they get it together here real soon.

AirtimeLavey
12-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Wow! Great game last night! Probably one of the best in the last few years. One of the best 3rd quarters, especially. To throw San Antonio on their heels like that, and just go out and grab the ball and the take over the game was impressive as hell.
Kwami has got some speed in those moves, and if he decides to bring it every night, he will become a monster. I loved the Bynum block on Duncan. Best defensive effort we've seen from the Lakers in years, and the best part is, they seem to know it and get it. Now, if they just can bring it every night. LO's bringing it, and Luke's playing unreal. Luke's showing that potential we suspected he had, from early on.
Those of us that know the game and play it, could see this coming. This is not a flash in the pan or an early peak. This is PJ, improving fundamentals, a good mix of chemistry, and talent. The beautiful thing is it's still a work in progress, and I say their best ball is yet to be played, although last night was a clear example of their ability.
Like I said before....THIS TEAM HAS YOUTH AND DEPTH, and no big fat one to slow them down. Instead, we have a true team leader who works his a-- off, and shows up and brings it every night even when he's got a bum angle and recovering knee. MVP.....MVP......MVP....:rollside: :) :cool:
This week's going to be a tough test. Bring it on! :D :cool:

AirtimeLavey
12-11-2006, 12:29 PM
The Clipps are not surprising anybody this season, the rest of the league is aware of how good they are and are turning it up a notch when they play the Clipps. The Clipps also don't have a solid system, they look like they are playing a playground style bball. Lets hope Dunleavy installs some type of system here soon so they can get use to it an run it the rest of the season, cause when players come down and shoot with out passing it at all, it does not allow the offense to flow and does not allow the players to setup and get ready for the rebounds. A lot of problems with the Clipps right now, hope they get it together here real soon.
You nailed it. For those reasons, I say the Clips peaked last season. They don't have the tools to get it done this year, or the near future. I probably shouldn't comment on the Clips though, because I can't make it through watching an entire game of theirs, unless they're playing the Lakers. Their style is too helter skelter, with no system, like you've said. Even with some good talent on the team, they have a lack of effective leadership or an effective scheme. The best you'll get from that is mediocrity, and that's what the Clipper's team philosophy has been built on for years.....:sleeping:

460 jus getn it
12-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Go Suns Go.................All this laker talk, its still early guys they will choke after the break and be lucky to make the play-offs.

Jyruiz
12-11-2006, 12:44 PM
You nailed it. For those reasons, I say the Clips peaked last season. They don't have the tools to get it done this year, or the near future. I probably shouldn't comment on the Clips though, because I can't make it through watching an entire game of theirs, unless they're playing the Lakers. Their style is too helter skelter, with no system, like you've said. Even with some good talent on the team, they have a lack of effective leadership or an effective scheme. The best you'll get from that is mediocrity, and that's what the Clipper's team philosophy has been built on for years.....:sleeping:
With the style of ball they are playing, it is very hard to watch the whole game. I always do though and get real irritated with their lack of discipline and system.

dmontzsta
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Go Suns Go.................All this laker talk, its still early guys they will choke after the break and be lucky to make the play-offs.
You are wrong. They started this play after the all star break last year, and it has carried on through this season, THIS is the real Lakers we are seeing now, the scary thing is they have only been together for about a year. :hammerhea

Jyruiz
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
The Lakers will make the playoffs, but if you want to talk about choking, look at the Suns history, always real good during the season (even in the Barkley years) but not good enough to win it all.

dmontzsta
12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
The Lakers will make the playoffs, but if you want to talk about choking, look at the Suns history, always real good during the season (even in the Barkley years) but not good enough to win it all.
Nash is the glue, break his legs and they are a different team. :D

BadKachina
12-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Ouch, now that's not playing nice. You gotta bring up history and all......:(
On another note, did anyone else see the pictures of AI's empty locker?:idea:
Boston? Porkland? Denver?

BadKachina
12-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Nash is the glue, break his legs and they are a different team. :D
Are you guys calling in Jeff Gillooly on us?:supp:

Jyruiz
12-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Ouch, now that's not playing nice. You gotta bring up history and all......:(
On another note, did anyone else see the pictures of AI's empty locker?:idea:
Boston? Porkland? Denver?
Saw it, wish what ever team gets him luck, the guy does not like to practice.

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 08:43 AM
clippers 10-10
Looks like they couldnt even beat San Antonio and San Antonio was beat down by the Lakers the night before, you would think that would make it easier...guess not. :D
I should put this in my sig.
"Will the clippers ever be 2 games over .500 again?"

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 09:05 AM
clippers 10-10
Looks like they couldnt even beat San Antonio and San Antonio was beat down by the Lakers the night before, you would think that would make it easier...guess not. :D
I should put this in my sig.
"Will the clippers ever be 2 games over .500 again?"
You knew the Spurs were going to come out and take it out on the next team for getting man handled by the Lakers. It also did not help that Kaman and CM were not playing, and to add insult to injury, Cassell left the game with a foot injury. Even if all those players did play, I still think the Clipps would have lost, they just look horrible out there. It is the same team as last year and they look lost out there, in all there games, no chemestry or flow to there game at all. I don't know what happen over the summer, but the Clippers are way under achieving this year, no excuse for it.

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 09:07 AM
You knew the Spurs were going to come out and take it out on the next team for getting man handled by the Lakers. It also did not help that Kaman and CM were not playing, and to add insult to injury, Cassell left the game with a foot injury. Even if all those players did play, I still think the Clipps would have lost, they just look horrible out there. It is the same team as last year and they look lost out there, in all there games, no chemestry or flow to there game at all. I don't know what happen over the summer, but the Clippers are way under achieving this year, no excuse for it.
I thinking giving the coach an extension is a bad idea...

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 09:09 AM
I thinking giving the coach an extension is a bad idea...
I think so too, but I have never been a fan of Dunleavy.

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 09:12 AM
I think so too, but I have never been a fan of Dunleavy.
I also think losing starts to become a mental thing and if they don't start to turn things around it could get ugly.. Nice to see a little competition in LA

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I also think losing starts to become a mental thing and if they don't start to turn things around it could get ugly.. Nice to see a little competition in LA
What competition? Lol, it's like the Clipps had there 15 minutes of fame and thought that was good enough. Totally agree with you, if they don't snap out of it soon, they won't even make the playoffs.

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Contracts for all really doesnt help, like you guys said.
But also, maybe teams didnt take them serious the last two years. It was like one of those teams you think was an easy win. Then the clippers took advantage of that and won some games. Now, teams know the clippers have a decent squad and bring their A game, they do not overlook them like they are the Atlanta Hawks of the league any longer.

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 09:28 AM
But also, maybe teams didnt take them serious the last two years. It was like one of those teams you think was an easy win. Then the clippers took advantage of that and won some games. Now, teams know the clippers have a decent squad and bring their A game, they do not overlook them like they are the Atlanta Hawks of the league any longer.
I agree, but I also don't see any hustle coming out of the Clippers. I was watching the game last night, and they would be lucky if they passed the ball more than 3 times before shooting. Players were not even set yet and they were throwing it up, I don't get it, they have EB and can set him up in the post, and they don't even do that. There is no discipline in there style of play right now.

AirtimeLavey
12-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Ouch!........lol. I think there's talent on the team, but as I've probably already said too much, they lack effective coaching and leadership. Who's the team leader? Who's the go-to guy down the stretch? Who's getting them fired up? Cassell? Brand? They look lost, but I think they'll get it together. Not sure I'd bet on them making the p/o's, though. They could probably dominate in the D league, though! :crossx: :sleeping:

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Go ahead biaches.....take your best shots. The Clips deserve it right now but never, ever think the Lakers will continue at .700 this year. The Clips do look lost but last night injuries showed up and beat them down. That being said I don't think it would have made a big enough difference for them to beat the Spurs last night. Yep, the Clips got some (a lot of) work to do before they can even think playoffs.
Still I say F THE LAKERS and their snobby ass fans. How's your bandwagon LF's....lol The Clips "brandwagon" has been having a lot of jumpers lately. I ain't one of them though. I hope the MF's jumping off crack their heads on the pavement.
Just for the record, I am not taking shots at the Clipps, I watch all there games and I am calling it like I see it. You are right, I don't think the Lakers will stay at a 700 clip, but they will stay over 600 and that is an improvement over last year, which will make be happy that they are getting better and headed in the right direction.

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Just for the record, I am not taking shots at the Clipps, I watch all there games and I am calling it like I see it. You are right, I don't think the Lakers will stay at a 700 clip, but they will stay over 600 and that is an improvement over last year, which will make be happy that they are getting better and headed in the right direction.
I'm with Juan not bashing either... I don't see the Lakers winning it all but a big improvement in the right direction....I just don't think Dunleavy is the leader that will take them to where they want to go...I respect the fact you dont jump off the brandwagon I know alot about that being a Raider Fan :hammerhea

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 10:46 AM
You call it fairly Juan and always have.
By the way if the Lakers were the team playing 500 ball I know you would be all over the LF's :argue: especially Don :)

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 11:14 AM
MayDaze, you are so right about the Raiders and him jumping on me. Look at last season, he flapped off so much, now the Lakers and clippers are back on track and this feels really good. BTW: Tonight vs. Houston, Tomorrow vs. Dallas and then Friday vs. San Antonio, if they sweep them, they are truely an elite team, if they take 2 out of 3 they are still doing very well.

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 11:37 AM
MayDaze, you are so right about the Raiders and him jumping on me. Look at last season, he flapped off so much, now the Lakers and clippers are back on track and this feels really good. BTW: Tonight vs. Houston, Tomorrow vs. Dallas and then Friday vs. San Antonio, if they sweep them, they are truely an elite team, if they take 2 out of 3 they are still doing very well.
Friday is againts Houston againg but at home. And I don't think even an elite team would be able to do a Texas sweep.

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 11:44 AM
It will be a good test on the road for sure. It's fun to watch right now...

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Friday is againts Houston againg but at home. And I don't think even an elite team would be able to do a Texas sweep.
True, but if it does happen, then what will people think of this team. :D They might be putting them in the championship if it goes down.
Like MayDaze said, very good test to see where they are, I just hope they play knowing they can win and not get down and blow it.

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
WRONG! I am not going back/forth with Don because he wouldn't put up or shut up when the bets have been thrown down. Just likes to cackle with no substance behind it. What is the big deal to back your team up with a little friendly wager with nothing involved other than bragging rights for a few weeks? He has never taken a wager. So ****ing what if you lose as it is all in good fun but when you never accept then make excuses why you didn't but continue talking it gets old......
I have been giving the Lakers their due and telling it like it is with the Clips if you haven't noticed. I still say
F THE LAKERS
lol Its all good.. I for one if asked before the season starts who would be 14-6 it would be the Clips. Hopefully Dunleavy can get those guys turned around...

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Just a little refresher on what Don said when I threw out the bet to him:
There is nothing in it for me.....Like he is betting his paycheck or something :rolleyes:
Tom,
If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't pay as much attention to the Clippers as I do. I agree its all in good fun. By the way whats her name and I will be getting hitched next June at the Palms in Vegas you will have to make your way up 95 and do a little celebrating with us....

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 12:54 PM
DILLF you are a fag. You keep throwing up your one sided bets and I will keep knocking them down, with a bet both parties need to agree and you did not agree to what I asked, so you backed out. All you were going to do is keep your same sig up, it is basically like you going to Vegas and losing a $100, then asking if you can play again with no money to try and win that $100 back.
BTW: The Rockets have been playing with McGrady and doing well, he has been in and out.
Lets Go Lakers! A win is a win, the Lakers have had to play without Kobe 3x this year too.

Hardly Satisfied
12-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Go ahead biaches.....take your best shots. The Clips deserve it right now but never, ever think the Lakers will continue at .700 this year. The Clips do look lost but last night injuries showed up and beat them down. That being said I don't think it would have made a big enough difference for them to beat the Spurs last night. Yep, the Clips got some (a lot of) work to do before they can even think playoffs.
Still I say F THE LAKERS and their snobby ass fans. How's your bandwagon LF's....lol The Clips "brandwagon" has been having a lot of jumpers lately. I ain't one of them though. I hope the MF's jumping off crack their heads on the pavement.
Hey DILLIGAF, You can jump ship anytime and come join us and Cheer on the LAKERS, and DUMP your CLIPPERS:hammerhea

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Naw, I am a true fan and will hang with my team...win or lose :) Not very much fun right now but WTF. I do want to see more effort from them on a consistant basis though. This up/down shit is ridiculous.
Word.:hammerhea

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Naw, I am a true fan and will hang with my team...win or lose :) Not very much fun right now but WTF. I do want to see more effort from them on a consistant basis though. This up/down shit is ridiculous.
So what you are saying is you actually DGAF? :shift:

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Hey DILLIGAF, You can jump ship anytime and come join us and Cheer on the LAKERS, and DUMP your CLIPPERS:hammerhea
No he cant, he has done too much damage with his words, he is stuck with the losers forever and will never know what following a team to the championship is like, let alone, two, three, four, five, six...lol

Hardly Satisfied
12-12-2006, 01:31 PM
No he cant, he has done too much damage with his words, he is stuck with the losers forever and will never know what following a team to the championship is like, let alone, two, three, four, five, six...lol
your right , it's nice yo see him suffer:hammerhea

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 01:59 PM
It is funny how I have become the lone wolf for the Clips isn't it? I remember over the last few years others coming in and claiming to be Clipper fans :confused:
That's OK...true colors....and shit
I know who the real fans are.......
You are right, where did they go? :D

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 02:00 PM
It is funny how I have become the lone wolf for the Clips isn't it? I remember over the last few years others coming in and claiming to be Clipper fans :confused:
No Shit.... You do seem to be on an island.... It's amazing how many people jump on and off bandwagons or in this case Brandwagon..

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I remember that, there was even going to be a game of Clip fans againts Laker fans. I think they were just Laker haters and not really Clipper fans.

MayDaze
12-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I suspect the Lakers have a few of them now....lol
I like the guy on here who said what a big Laker fan he was and how he is starting to watch them again because they are doing well... Through thick and thin huh :hammerhea

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I would love a LF vs. CF game of basketball, my conditioning is great from being on my soccer team! :D
BUT! it would be like 16 v. 1:mix:

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Seems that way doesn't it?
Yup, they show up to kick the team they hate while they are down, then split as soon as that team turns it around.

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 03:05 PM
you know with all of this laker v clipper talks and bashings, it's getting kinda old .... let's switched gears and talk about how fukciing weak the eastern conference is ??? only 4 teams outta 16 have a 500 or better record ... and the atlantic division leader is 8-16 (nj nets) that's a 400 % and in first place ... and to think they have one the last few titles (miami, detroit ??) :hammerhea :supp:
It is focking pitiful, the whole Atlantic (or Titanic division) should be playing in the D-league.

AirtimeLavey
12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Another great game, even though it almost got away with lazy play from the bench. Great to see strong third quarters. The best part of it is to see the desire on most of the guys. They want it, and are starting to see the rewards of playing hard. Bad news about LO, but I think they'll do ok without him. Cook needs to get in the game. Mo E was a little lackadaisical, too. Kwami is looking strong. How about Kobe's block on Yao? Good start to a tough road trip. :cool:

AirtimeLavey
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
That's respectable. This sounds like us LF's the past two years....except of course for the bandwagon fools. I heard the Clips fans were booing hard last night. Not cool, but at least it's passionate. Lakers got the same treatment year before last.
I'm thinking A.I. might be a strong addition. Interesting + and - to that deal. Guarantee it would bring more legitimacy to the Clips to have a superstar. EB hasn't quite gotten to SS status. I heard that would also immediately double the price of tickets...

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Another great game, even though it almost got away with lazy play from the bench. Great to see strong third quarters. The best part of it is to see the desire on most of the guys. They want it, and are starting to see the rewards of playing hard. Bad news about LO, but I think they'll do ok without him. Cook needs to get in the game. Mo E was a little lackadaisical, too. Kwami is looking strong. How about Kobe's block on Yao? Good start to a tough road trip. :cool:
Definitely agree. 1 down 2 to go, really the Lakers SMOKED the rockets, but the bench slacked knowing they were up by so much. This team is DEEP! As I said in the pre-season.
The bad news IS Lamar, his 19 points, 6 Assists and 9 Rebounds a game really help, I hope he is not out for too long, SUCKS to lose him 1st quarter 3 minutes in to the first game of a long road trip to come.

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I was not able to watch the game, but it is nice to hear that the starters took care of business, even with LO going down early. The radio post game show also said LO will miss between 1 to 3 weeks, glad it was the MCL and not the ACL. I wish the bench would have done better, but bball is a games of run and Houston made a good one.

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 09:51 PM
I was not able to watch the game, but it is nice to hear that the starters took care of business, even with LO going down early. The radio post game show also said LO will miss between 1 to 3 weeks, glad it was the MCL and not the ACL. I wish the bench would have done better, but bball is a games of run and Houston made a good one.
You missed a great one, the Lakers were up by 28 in the 3rd. They layed down the same 3rd quarter run as they did on the Spurs. Whatever PJ is telling them at halftime, sure seems to be working well.
This might be another blessing in disguise. Vladamir was starting to nail his 3s tonight and looking very good on D and driving to the hole. The announcers even said, when Vlad gets going, the Lakers are REALLY going to be force in the west. Cook was back and hitting his shots. So with Odom down, more of their depth will show and get playing time, so the planets could just be inline.
How about Bynum and Kwame on Yao? I think they did good, Kwame is turning in to a monster and it is good to see him slamming it down, instead of laying it in. The Lakers are still missing Chris Mihm who they are paying for, if they had him back they would be VERY deep at the center position another 7'r who was just coming around before injury.

Jyruiz
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
You missed a great one, the Lakers were up by 28 in the 3rd. They layed down the same 3rd quarter run as they did on the Spurs. Whatever PJ is telling them at halftime, sure seems to be working well.
This might be another blessing in disguise. Vladamir was starting to nail his 3s tonight and looking very good on D and driving to the hole. The announcers even said, when Vlad gets going, the Lakers are REALLY going to be force in the west. Cook was back and hitting his shots. So with Odom down, more of their depth will show and get playing time, so the planets could just be inline.
How about Bynum and Kwame on Yao? I think they did good, Kwame is turning in to a monster and it is good to see him slamming it down, instead of laying it in. The Lakers are still missing Chris Mihm who they are paying for, if they had him back they would be VERY deep at the center position another 7'r who was just coming around before injury.
Glad to hear Vlad and Cook are getting into the grove, wish I could have watched the game. Thanks for the info.

dmontzsta
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Glad to hear Vlad and Cook are getting into the grove, wish I could have watched the game. Thanks for the info.
No problem.
Kobe only scored 23 and the Lakers had no Lamar and they still put it down on the Rockets, who would have thought? :D

a catered life
12-13-2006, 06:44 AM
go lakers next target dallas

MayDaze
12-13-2006, 06:48 AM
HOUSTON -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom sprained his right knee in the first quarter of Tuesday's game against the Houston Rockets and coach Phil Jackson said he might be out for more than a month.
The 6-foot-10 Odom, the Lakers' leading rebounder and second-leading scorer, landed awkwardly after Shane Battier blocked his shot on a drive. Odom stayed in the game for another 90 seconds, but the Lakers called a timeout so Odom could come out with 8:31 left.
"I don't know exactly when it happened," Odom said. "But I felt like something was really wrong. I have no idea how long it'll be. I've never had anything like this."
Odom was taken to a hospital for an MRI. The Lakers said Odom suffered a moderate MCL sprain and was flying back to Los Angeles for more tests on Wednesday.
"He's going to miss some time," Jackson said. "I'll be really happy if he plays again in January."
Odom had started all 20 games for the Lakers and is averaging 18 points and nine rebounds per game.

dmontzsta
12-13-2006, 08:44 AM
HOUSTON -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom sprained his right knee in the first quarter of Tuesday's game against the Houston Rockets and coach Phil Jackson said he might be out for more than a month.
The 6-foot-10 Odom, the Lakers' leading rebounder and second-leading scorer, landed awkwardly after Shane Battier blocked his shot on a drive. Odom stayed in the game for another 90 seconds, but the Lakers called a timeout so Odom could come out with 8:31 left.
"I don't know exactly when it happened," Odom said. "But I felt like something was really wrong. I have no idea how long it'll be. I've never had anything like this."
Odom was taken to a hospital for an MRI. The Lakers said Odom suffered a moderate MCL sprain and was flying back to Los Angeles for more tests on Wednesday.
"He's going to miss some time," Jackson said. "I'll be really happy if he plays again in January."
Odom had started all 20 games for the Lakers and is averaging 18 points and nine rebounds per game.
Lets hope it is a blessing in disguise. :)

dmontzsta
12-13-2006, 11:14 AM
So ESPN news reports:
- Phil Jackson believes this team is "eerily" similar to his Chicago team that got the first ring.
- Greg Anthony of ESPN asked most of the coaches in the Western Conference who they feared in the playoffs. Everyone of them said the Lakers. "You never know which player is going to show up".

eliminatedsprinter
12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
A knee sprain is never a blessing.:(

MayDaze
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
It will give others time to step up... Should make them an even deeper team..

eliminatedsprinter
12-13-2006, 04:33 PM
It's still not worth it. Even a "minor" knee sprain is a perminant injury. You want to make a team play better you coach them better and you give them playing time. Nope, this is bad news no matter how you look at it. The only blessing would be if the initial Dx of "knee sprain" is wrong.

eliminatedsprinter
12-13-2006, 07:00 PM
So ESPN news reports:
- Phil Jackson believes this team is "eerily" similar to his Chicago team that got the first ring.
- Greg Anthony of ESPN asked most of the coaches in the Western Conference who they feared in the playoffs. Everyone of them said the Lakers. "You never know which player is going to show up".
That's a great motivating thing for him to say and there are some overall similarities. But Bryant and Odam are not Jordan and Pippin.
Don't get me wrong I like how they play. But Odom is bigger and slower than Pippin and Kobe should never be compared to Jordan, it isn't fair to saddle him with an impossible goal like that.