PDA

View Full Version : Scam waring to all thru paypal....

YeLLowBoaT
12-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Just letting you know that there is a email scam inovling paypal right now.
Paypal is offering free shipping( real email) I have gotton 2 others that look the same as that, but ask you to log into to get this free shiping. ( didn't open the link) It sends you to a fake paypal site with a .de suffix. I have already sent them to spoof@ paypal.com
Just a heads up.

ratso
12-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Don't open any emails from paypal or ebay. If they are for real, they will be in "My Messages" when you log onto ebay. I get this crap all the time, up to ten a day if I have a lot of transactions going on...

eek-a-RAT
12-04-2006, 10:32 AM
i just wanted to give more heads up during the christmas season.
pay by money orders or checks to protect yourself.
im going thru some shiat right now. someone got ahold of my paypal
info & used it @ a web hosting site. they tried to charge almost $500
worth of web hosting stuff. (i have no idea what this consists of)
so i had to cancel my bank account, paypal & eBAY.
this left me overdrawn, accrued overdraft fee's & etc.....& doesnt
include my suffering & stress & my late rent.
i am never using them again.
PAYPAL is no way secure.
read more @ www.paypalsucks.com
i just want my fellow boaters to know of this and protect ourselfs this christmas season.

LagWagon
12-04-2006, 05:04 PM
I heard today if you buy Gift Cards from a display rack that has various store cards you may become a victim of theft. Crooks are now jotting down the card numbers in the store and then wait a few days and call to see how much of a balance THEY have on the card.
Once they find the card is "activated", then they go online and start shopping. You may want to purchase your card from where they do not have the Gift Cards viewable to the public.

Devil's Advocate
12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
I heard today if you buy Gift Cards from a display rack that has various store cards you may become a victim of theft. Crooks are now jotting down the card numbers in the store and then wait a few days and call to see how much of a balance THEY have on the card.
Once they find the card is "activated", then they go online and start shopping. You may want to purchase your card from where they do not have the Gift Cards viewable to the public.
Shiat, that stinks. Bunch of freakin crooks. 'Tis the season. :rolleyes:

charlyox
12-05-2006, 12:06 AM
I got hit with 2 paypal scams as well. I reported them.