PDA

View Full Version : Too Much for Us....

GHT
12-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Went to the Parade of Lights tonight and the wind and temp was Out of Control for us...
Many other people stayed out there but it wasn't pleasant for us... Guess that make us whimps about the whole Parade of Lights thing... Still made it out for three years in a row now...
We will still go again next year.. :)

Jordan_23_85205
12-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Went to the Parade of Lights tonight and the wind and temp was Out of Control for us...
Many other people stayed out there but it wasn't pleasant for us... Guess that make us whimps about the whole Parade of Lights thing... Still made it out for three years in a row now...
What was the temp tonight? I'm in Palm Desert tonight and it's pretty cold. Burrrrr..

GHT
12-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Don't know.... It was F'ing COLD and Windy..... Drove the Artic Cat down to the channel and the Police made us move it up to the Parking Lot... Cops continue to be Co*ks even during the Winter.... The wind was out of control... There is always next year.. :cool:

Patyacht
12-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Heard there were not many boats and it was cold and windy. Heck, it's 38 degrees up here and falling. 58 degrees and 11 mph winds is like summer up here .... :rollside:

GHT
12-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Heard there were not many boats and it was cold and windy. Heck, it's 38 degrees up here and falling. 58 degrees and 11 mph winds is like summer up here .... :rollside:
It was / is below 58 (thermometer on patio says 48) and IF the wind was only 11 mph I would still be in the Channel... It isn't as low as 38 degrees but it still isn't good for hangin' on the lake. I don't care where you are.

djunkie
12-02-2006, 07:40 PM
It was / is below 58 (thermometer on patio says 48) and IF the wind was only 11 mph I would still be in the Channel... It isn't as low as 38 degrees but it still isn't good for hangin' on the lake. I don't care where you are.
PUSS!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

BOOGEYMAN
12-02-2006, 08:25 PM
48 would be great!!!! hell it has been 11 for a couple days now for me.

RVRGIRL
12-02-2006, 09:24 PM
We were at the parade aswell. We only stayed and watched 30 boats. It was VERY cold any windy. :crossx: I feel REALLY bad because my parents and best friend came out for a visit and everyone was so excited to see the parade. This was the 1st time they had ever seen it. :rolleyes: :mad:
Oh well maybe next year. We have gone to the parade for the last 3 years and I am sure we will do it again. BUT STILL WHAT A BUMMER THE WEATHER WAS. UGHHHHHHHHH :cry:

HOOTER SLED-
12-02-2006, 09:25 PM
I knew that when the wind was blowin around here, it was gonna be damn cold out in Havi. It was actually kinda warm wind at home. Glad I didn't go afterall. :rollside:

Kilrtoy
12-02-2006, 09:25 PM
WOW our phone never rang...
guess we are off

RVRGIRL
12-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Chill doesn't dampen parade
BY TONY RAAP
Saturday, December 2, 2006 10:23 PM MST
News-Herald Photo/L.J. Frink Santa Claus and his reindeer bask in a tropical paradise aboard this entry from Joe Masunas during Saturday night's Boat Parade of Lights.
Blustery winds and choppy waters plagued the 24th annual Parade of Lights Saturday, forcing organizers to alter the parade route to keep water from spilling aboard the boats.
Still, several thousand people came to watch the event despite the winds.
Spectators bundled up in winter coats and scarves, huddling around bonfires to keep warm. Several watched the parade from their cars in Rotary Park's parking lot.
Jay Nicholas sat on a bench with his wife and children near the London Bridge Resort. The family was draped under a blanket as the boats floated by.
“Awesome, but a little too cold,” Nicholas said of the parade.
The National Weather Service reported 30-40 mph winds near the lake. Because of this, organizers decided to abbreviate the parade route.
The boats were supposed to circle around Crazy Horse Campgrounds, but instead made a U-turn after sailing under the London Bridge. Several entries pulled out because of the wind but in all, the parade had 56 boats, parade chairwoman Tammy Kastelz said. They sailed 10 at a time to prevent bunching up in the Channel.
“They did an amazing job,” she said of the entrants. “Hopefully, everybody enjoyed the parade.”
Though no one kept an official tally, Kastelz estimated several thousand were on hand. Lawn chairs were stacked two rows deep near the London Bridge. Large crowds lined the English Village's shops and balconies, spilling over to the London Bridge Resort where spectators bellied up to the iron-chained guardrails.
The crowds began forming about an hour and a half before the parade began. By 5:30 p.m., Rotary Park's parking lot was nearly full. At London Bridge Beach, people cooked s'mores around a bonfire as Christmas music blared through a loudspeaker.
“This looks like a NASCAR tailgating party,” a voice said over the PA system.
At 6:30, the first boats sailed down the Channel. Joe Nichols enjoyed the parade from a bench on the shore's east side.
“I've never seen anything like it before in my life,” said Nichols, who was visiting from Tucson.
Farther north, Ken and Karen Burge were nestled under a blanket.
“I think it's great. I'm freezing, but I'm glad I came,” Karen said.
Shugrue's Restaurant & Bar will host awards brunch today at 10:30 a.m. Cash prizes ranging from $200 to $400 will be awarded based on best use of lights, color, theme, etc. Mayor Mark Nexsen helped judge the contest.
“It was very cold, but I thought it was very well done. It was a lot of fun,” he said.
You may reach the reporter at raap@havasunews.com

Hardly Satisfied
12-02-2006, 10:47 PM
No you were one of the smarter ones and not staying out there in the cold

Jyruiz
12-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Don't feel to bad about my kids missing it now, I am bummed about missing a certain person party though.

GHT
12-03-2006, 07:50 AM
WOW our phone never rang...
guess we are off
Negitive. As of last week you were going to be at the channel also... Didn't see you down there? Really the whole day sucked for us. #1. Got here and the house heater didn't work so we had to call the A/C guy and wait on him to come fix it. #2. Washed the Artic Cat and put Chritmas lights on it so I could turn them on while parked at the channel. #3. Finally get to the channel and the Cops made everyone (jeeps, Rhinos, cars and trucks) park in the parking lot. So we unloaded Brooke (whom was sleeping in her harness) and prepaired to brave the weather. We didn't even make it for the first boat at the parade. #4. Went to El Mariachi came home and was in bed a sleep at 21:00.
Weather was really a F'ing Buzz Kill for the whole trip. :cry:

GHT
12-03-2006, 07:55 AM
No you were one of the smarter ones and not staying out there in the cold
The wind really took it out of us..... My wife came home and went under a blanket and never came out until this morning.
As I said earlier.... There is always next year... I'm already looking forward to it..
Don

H20skier
12-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Immediately after last year's parade, we booked a room at the Agave Inn for this year. Awesome way to see the parade. Didn't even have to leave the room.

djunkie
12-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Negitive. As of last week you were going to be at the channel also... Didn't see you down there? Really the whole day sucked for us. #1. Got here and the house heater didn't work so we had to call the A/C guy and wait on him to come fix it. #2. Washed the Artic Cat and put Chritmas lights on it so I could turn them on while parked at the channel. #3. Finally get to the channel and the Cops made everyone (jeeps, Rhinos, cars and trucks) park in the parking lot. So we unloaded Brooke (whom was sleeping in her harness) and prepaired to brave the weather. We didn't even make it for the first boat at the parade. #4. Went to El Mariachi came home and was in bed a sleep at 21:00.
Weather was really a F'ing Buzz Kill for the whole trip. :cry:
So what was their reason for making you guys park them in the parking lot?

12-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey GHT, I was checking out your avitar.No wonder your wife was so cold, poor thing aint got no clothes on. A couple fingers over her nipples aint much protection from that freezing wind. :cool:

GHT
12-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Immediately after last year's parade, we booked a room at the Agave Inn for this year. Awesome way to see the parade. Didn't even have to leave the room.
Oh.... Thanks for the invite :rolleyes: You know how to PM me you could have told me and given me your number then I could have called you and the wife and I could have brought both kids up and watched the Parade of Lights in the comfort of your room.. :) :)

GHT
12-03-2006, 03:52 PM
So what was their reason for making you guys park them in the parking lot?
Guess I can't complain because they were enforcing the "No Parking Signs" posted down by the channel. BUT this one event nobody has ever worried about the vehicles / Rhinos down at the channel because of all supplies people bring down.. They were just doing what they do best.... Being asses... :)

Kilrtoy
12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh.... Thanks for the invite :rolleyes: You know how to PM me you could have told me and given me your number then I could have called you and the wife and I could have brought both kids up and watched the Parade of Lights in the comfort of your room.. :) :)
See if you would have called you would have been in the condo with us......and warm

Havasu1986
12-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I went to the parade Fri and Sat and played in the Boat Bling golf tourney with the wind and cold. I am still defrosting. :crossx:

GHT
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
See if you would have called you would have been in the condo with us......and warm
If we had called you Liana couldn't have been asleep by 09:00pm :rolleyes:
It was an ACTION packed Saturday Night for me.. :)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
12-04-2006, 08:49 AM
It was nice to meet you guys on the beach.
The wind and cold was a bummer. Our girls were all wrapped up in coats and hats and scarves...to keep warm.
your're right..there is always next year.

LaveyOne
12-04-2006, 09:42 AM
I was wondering where you guys went ...
It was good seeing you, for a little while anyway.
Guess there's always summer! :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-04-2006, 09:46 AM
No wind here today. Go figure :yuk: