PDA

View Full Version : Harvey Jackson Gone in Havasu

MayDaze
12-03-2006, 07:43 AM
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - There was a large overflowing crowd at Tuesday nightÂ’s Lake Havasu City council meeting. Mayor Harvey Jackson handed over rge gavel to the newly elected city leader, Mark Nexsen. After Nexsen took the oath of office offered by Judge Clyde Andress, thunderous applause greeted the new mayor. Just before that, Councilwoman Margaret Nyberg. David McAtlin, and Brian Wedemeyer took their oaths as well, also to huge applause and standing ovations. Moments later, Jackson and outgoing councilmen Bruce Hinman and Val Striyle exited the room.
Next was the selection of a new vice mayor. Councilman Dennis Schilling quickly offered the name of Cindy Aldridge. It was seconded, but when the vote came, Aldridge herself voted against it. Nyberg’s name was then brought up, seconded and she was voted in with only Schilling and a very loud “no” from Councilman Allan Sturtevant. Nyberg later told TSN she felt her selection was “an honor” and she was ready to do “the best job” she can. She also asked if last night’s meeting was an improvement over her past council meetings. She said “hell, yes. It went smoothly and was professional. We worked well together."
Mayor Nexsen said, “I was nervous at first…but I knew what needed to be done and I quickly got over it. It went great. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.” He agreed it is a council he can work with to get things done.
http://www.justsaynews.com/

GHT
12-03-2006, 08:07 AM
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - There was a large overflowing crowd at Tuesday nightÂ’s Lake Havasu City council meeting. Mayor Harvey Jackson handed over rge gavel to the newly elected city leader, Mark Nexsen. After Nexsen took the oath of office offered by Judge Clyde Andress, thunderous applause greeted the new mayor. Just before that, Councilwoman Margaret Nyberg. David McAtlin, and Brian Wedemeyer took their oaths as well, also to huge applause and standing ovations. Moments later, Jackson and outgoing councilmen Bruce Hinman and Val Striyle exited the room.
Next was the selection of a new vice mayor. Councilman Dennis Schilling quickly offered the name of Cindy Aldridge. It was seconded, but when the vote came, Aldridge herself voted against it. Nyberg’s name was then brought up, seconded and she was voted in with only Schilling and a very loud “no” from Councilman Allan Sturtevant. Nyberg later told TSN she felt her selection was “an honor” and she was ready to do “the best job” she can. She also asked if last night’s meeting was an improvement over her past council meetings. She said “hell, yes. It went smoothly and was professional. We worked well together."
Mayor Nexsen said, “I was nervous at first…but I knew what needed to be done and I quickly got over it. It went great. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.” He agreed it is a council he can work with to get things done.
http://www.justsaynews.com/
So does the new Mayor endorse all the changes / enforcement in the channel that Harvey did? What does this mean to the boaters in Havi? I know this question is selfish and there are other issues out there but it is still a valid question.

FOURQ
12-03-2006, 08:39 AM
So does the new Mayor endorse all the changes / enforcement in the channel that Harvey did? What does this mean to the boaters in Havi? I know this question is selfish and there are other issues out there but it is still a valid question.
Mark Nexen is a friend of ours and I asked him that Question the other day and my interpretation of his reply was" i think all the bullshit going on with the channel is stupid, but i will see what i can do to change Jacksons stupid regulations.hopefully i can change some of it before summer.."

GHT
12-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Mark Nexen is a friend of ours and I asked him that Question the other day and my interpretation of his reply was" i think all the bullshit going on with the channel is stupid, but i will see what i can do to change Jacksons stupid regulations.hopefully i can change some of it before summer.."
That would be nice.. Like everyone has said before me, "just enforce the laws already on the books". Last night was BS too.. I wasn't the only one down at the channel with an Artic Cat, Rhino, golf cart, etc. not to mention all the people that brought down their trucks and unloaded all their supplies for the Parade, and the cops made everyone move back to the parking lot and walk all of the supplies in. Every year this one event has been the one time you can do just that and nobody is out of control, but like everything else this year they (law enforcement) seem to want to change all that is tradition in Havasu.....
Congratulations to your friend and I wish the best for him...

TCHB
12-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I agree inforce the laws in place and lets all forget the Harvey Way!!!!!!!