PDA

View Full Version : OU deserves a shot on January 8?

Seadog
12-03-2006, 08:34 AM
An interesting question. If OU had not been defeated by horrific bad officiating against Oregon, they would be in consideration to play in Arizona on the 8th instead of a week earlier in the Fiesta Bowl. Interestingly enough, they will be playing another team that was wrongfully denied a chance at the big show. Boise State has been undefeated against some decent opponents. However, due to the historic weakness of the conference, they were not even considered.
Michigan had its shot. I see no reason to give them a second shot. Otherwise, why not replay the OU-Texas game? If Oklahoma State was able to replay several of its losses, they would win at least 3 of them due to the maturity of the team at the end of the regular season.
There are several teams that can lay claim to a shot at the title, and I do not have feelings one way or the other about who goes, but I do think that this is going to be a year of many arguments. The Fiesta Bowl may be the best game on this year.

beyondhelpin
12-03-2006, 09:16 AM
We defintinly would have been on the short list. Who knows how the BCS would have played out.
Not many responses so far. Maybe some of the USC fans are still in a state of denial? To busy licking wounds? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Old Texan
12-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Oregon is in the PAC10, they don't lose, haven't you heard? Big12 doesn't have talent to be considered, haven't you heard? :rolleyes:

Bow Tie Omega
12-03-2006, 11:27 AM
We defintinly would have been on the short list. Who knows how the BCS would have played out.
Not many responses so far. Maybe some of the USC fans are still in a state of denial? To busy licking wounds? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
Hey, if you guys are going to have that argument, which is legit, why not give Boise State a chance to play in the big dance, they are, after all undefeated.

Seadog
12-03-2006, 01:25 PM
I thought I just said that.

Bow Tie Omega
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I thought I just said that.
Oh shit, you did.....Sorry man

beyondhelpin
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey, if you guys are going to have that argument, which is legit, why not give Boise State a chance to play in the big dance, they are, after all undefeated.
Looks like its Boise State and OU.Should be a good game!