PDA

View Full Version : Gas Pedal

shirkey4750
01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Would like to have a left side stringer mount pedal, anybody have one?

RICHARD TILL
01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
same as above, only change left to right side stringer.

Tahiti350
01-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Have one for sale cheap, need to check which side it mounts on, give me a few minutes to check...
This is a left? Nicson, obviaously needs some attention, and the pivot bolt appears to be siezed adn broken in both halves. Will make a smoking deal,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2266throttle.JPG

shirkey4750
01-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Sitting in the drivers seat with left hand steering, that pedal would mount on the inside of the stringer(right side). I need one to mount on the left side or the gunnel side.

victorfb
01-24-2006, 09:58 AM
is this for a throttle assembly, or just a foot rest? very odd to see a throttle on the left side. are you looking for a foot rest pedal that is stationary?

maxwedge
01-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Sorry for the thread jack here, but if anyone has a floor mount pedal that they want to get rid of cheap, I need one. Thrashed would be ok, as long as it would clean up . :)

shirkey4750
01-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Need a throttle assembly, the way the seats are going to be mounted in my Howard, a left side pedal would be a lot more copmfortable. I can use a piece of aluminam angle cut down and mounted to the stringer to mount a floor pedal if I can't find a left side pedal or just leave it like it is. I have never seen a left side mount, not even sure they make it.

old rigger
01-24-2006, 10:26 AM
is this for a throttle assembly, or just a foot rest? very odd to see a throttle on the left side. are you looking for a foot rest pedal that is stationary?
I did one at Rogers and one at Advantage with the foot throttle on the left hand side, both for guys missing their right leg.
You're right it is a little odd, and it was a pain in the ass to fit a foot throttle on the left with left hand steering, the way the bottom comes up on that boat. It would have been a little easier if we could have talked the guys into steering on the right, at least we could have used the stringers to mount the pedal set up. But noooooooooooooooooooo.....................

old rigger
01-24-2006, 10:36 AM
that side mount that Tahiti 350 has for sale would work perfectly. If I rememeber right that pedal is not a righty or a lefty, but a more politically correct uni-mulit-use pedal.
If not his, (can't tell 100% from his picture) there are pedals like that out out there.
we took a unit like that with a right pedal, and cut it up and used a Moon left pedal welded back to it. The other time we used a 'hot foot' set up.

Devilman
01-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry for the thread jack here, but if anyone has a floor mount pedal that they want to get rid of cheap, I need one. Thrashed would be ok, as long as it would clean up . :)
Clean up? And how quick would you need it?

robk
01-24-2006, 11:06 AM
I've got one in fair shape. A little polishing and it should look like new. PM me if you're interested.
Rob

maxwedge
01-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Clean up? And how quick would you need it?
No hurry. I still have to put the floor back in, and do the motor and pump, finish the paint and uhh...anytime before late April would probably be soon enough. LOL I don't mind doing a little polishing if it looks like the one in the picture above that might be ok. I have more time than money for this project. Just needs to be a floor mountable gas pedal that I can use for a right hand drive Sidewinder with no exposed stringers (after I put the floor back in anyway). :)

Devilman
01-24-2006, 11:28 AM
No hurry. I still have to put the floor back in, and do the motor and pump, finish the paint and uhh...anytime before late April would probably be soon enough. LOL I don't mind doing a little polishing if it looks like the one in the picture above that might be ok. I have more time than money for this project. Just needs to be a floor mountable gas pedal that I can use for a right hand drive Sidewinder with no exposed stringers (after I put the floor back in anyway). :)
The one I have is floor mount, but my boat is left hand drive. Pedal should be the same. It doesn't look near as rough as the one in that pic. The base is broken, but broken in a way that the screws hold both pieces down. It was working, I just wanted a shinier one. I'll post up some pics this evening if your interested. If you want it, you can have it for shipping..... :rollside: