PDA

View Full Version : Most challenging schedule in NCAA????

Bow Tie Omega
12-04-2006, 10:21 AM
The final rankings for the BCS just came out. The USC Trojans have played more BCS ranked teams then anyone in the NCAA Division 1 with 6. Florida came in at 4, Michigan came in at 3, Ohio State came in at 2, LSU came in at 4. Just a little tid bit for all of the Trojan bashers.

3 daytona`s
12-04-2006, 10:24 AM
The final rankings for the BCS just came out. The USC Trojans have played more BCS ranked teams then anyone in the NCAA Division 1 with 6. Florida came in at 4, Michigan came in at 3, Ohio State came in at 2, LSU came in at 4. Just a little tid bit for all of the Trojan bashers.
Yea Kilr :)

jdogginla
12-04-2006, 10:29 AM
And which one of those teams lost to a 6-5 team? One guess......

HOOTER SLED-
12-04-2006, 10:33 AM
And which one of those teams lost to a 6-5 team? One guess......
No asked you bitch!!! :crossx:

THOR
12-04-2006, 10:39 AM
But, the other end is that the other 8 teams in the pac 10 are brutally bad and USC gets to rest on those weeks. Such unranked teams like Oregon State and UCLA. Just a tid bit for you guys.

Bow Tie Omega
12-04-2006, 10:55 AM
But, the other end is that the other 8 teams in the pac 10 are brutally bad and USC gets to rest on those weeks. Such unranked teams like Oregon State and UCLA. Just a tid bit for you guys.
Actually Thor, Oregon State is ranked as 22nd in the country and UCLA is 25th. You have to do your homework. On top of that, 8 of the 10 teams in the Pac 10 are ranked in the top 40, unlike the Big 10, who's majority of the conference teams are 50th or worse, talk about getting to rest on those weeks. A little tid bit just for you Thor :rollside:

Mr. C
12-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Actually Thor, Oregon State is ranked as 22nd in the country and UCLA is 25th. You have to do your homework. On top of that, 8 of the 10 teams in the Pac 10 are ranked in the top 40, unlike the Big 10, who's majority of the conference teams are 50th or worse, talk about getting to rest on those weeks. A little tid bit just for you Thor :rollside:
ok, so i haven't done my homework either. Was UCLA ranked 25th before the beat usc?

Bow Tie Omega
12-04-2006, 11:00 AM
No, they were ranked around 30th

Bow Tie Omega
12-04-2006, 11:01 AM
The end of season rankings are the only accurate representation of a teams total performance for the entire season, am I wrong. It is the only ranking that takes into account, the good and bad and everything in between. These are the rankings that go into the record books.
Even when USC looses twice, they are still ranked in the top 5, because of their schedule. It must suck to be an SC hater. SC looses two and still goes to the Rose Bowl

THOR
12-04-2006, 11:59 AM
ok, so i haven't done my homework either. Was UCLA ranked 25th before the beat usc?
No, depending on the poll, they arent. But, the beauty is that Oregon State and UCLA were unranked when they beat USC.
Top 40? Huh? Get real BowTie. SC loss bro.

THOR
No, depending on the poll, they arent. But, the beauty is that Oregon State and UCLA were unranked when they beat USC.
Top 40? Huh? Get real BowTie. SC lost bro.

THOR

Bow Tie Omega
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Sorry Thor, just stating the facts as listed on ESPN and FOX. The last I checked, the BCS is the standard....Are ESPN and FOX wrong too??? :) Please Thor, tell them how it is should be

SHOTKALLIN
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
usc should have the toughest schedule. If they are the national champs or in the top 2 year after year why should they have a punk schedule?

THOR
12-04-2006, 12:15 PM
usc should have the toughest schedule. If they are the national champs or in the top 2 year after year why should they have a punk schedule?
Half of their schedule is tough. You know, the half where they play anyone but the PAC 2.

Bow Tie Omega
12-04-2006, 12:16 PM
They absolutely should , very good point. But using that thinking, should other teams which I will leave nameless (right Thor?) have to only play two good teams and play the other 10 cream puffs and still be in the BCS title game?

Kilrtoy
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
I hope that makes you all feel better on JAN 8th
UCLA STILL TOOK IT TO YOU DIRTY STYLE

Old Texan
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM
I can't see any team in the country with a tougher nonconference schedule than USC. Problem is they lost 2 games to unranked at the time teams. OR State lost to Boise State out of PAC10, UCLA lost to ND out of PAC10.
All these rankings are computer generated with facts provided by the human element. The facts can be made to shape the outcome. The final selctions based on the human factor were in my opinion biased by human reasoning with the main current pushing on the fence voters to consider MI had played Ohio State and lost thus in their minds eliminating MI from the "tournament".
If we had a pol based on "what ifs" there are numerous scenarios to consider. Florida and Oklahoma both lost games due to officiating errors. OK's was even verified in the press by the officials.
Since Boise State beat Oregon State handily and OR State beat USC, Boise State being undefeated and by "proxy" could be said to be superior to USC by the win over OR State, should be playing Ohio State.
Ohio State is truly No 1 because that's where they started the season and since they didn't lose, they remain No. 1.
What does all this mean? That the BCS rankings and any other rankings don't mean an F'ing thing! We need a tournament and until such there will always be controversy.
If Florida wins and Michigan, USC, Boise State, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and LSU win, each actually has arguments to claim the No. 1 spot. Computers, sports reporters, and coaches can't consistantly pick a ripe cantelope much less a National Footbal Champ. It's time to get real and give a real champion. It doesn't get better, only worse.

THOR
12-04-2006, 01:53 PM
They absolutely should , very good point. But using that thinking, should other teams which I will leave nameless (right Thor?) have to only play two good teams and play the other 10 cream puffs and still be in the BCS title game?
Because they are the best plain and simple. Florida gets the nod because they play in the toughest conference. It really shouldnt be this difficult to understand.

Kilrtoy
12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Because they are the best plain and simple. Florida gets the nod because they play in the toughest conference. It really shouldnt be this difficult to understand.
They went to USC can you please type slowly so they can understand

donzi5150
12-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Toughest conference? Easy, SEC! There are still five teams in the top 25 and Georgia was in the top 25 for most of the first half of the year. Not to knock USC or Ohio State or Michigan but the SEC's worst teams consistantly beat the other conferences moderate teams and the upsets come every week. That is whay it is amazing that and SEC team can make it as far as Florida and LSU did this year and LSU did in 2003.......Do you USC fans remember that year! :rollside: Arkansas and Auburn were not given BCS bids due to the two team rule per conference which would have had four SEC teams in BCS bowls. GEAUX TIGERS!

eliminatedsprinter
12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
It's all subjective. Until they get a turny, D1A football will remain the only college sport without a true national champion.
No wonder all the best football players do track and field. They want a chance to win a real national title before they leave college.
That and because it's the best off season conditioner there is. ;)