PDA

View Full Version : Chrome moulding on Trident boat?

HCS
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Wes,
I'm board so I was looking through the gallery section of the Trident website.
Well I was looking at this boat pic and was thinking the boat would look
better without the chromium moulding down the side.
You ever think of using a color coordinated moulding of some kind?
Just an observation.
Tom.
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1422-2/3-1.jpg
Compared to.
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/399-2/Boat+Two+Port+Side.jpg

Jbb
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Gallery....yes~!
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1129-1/1.jpg

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Thought about it. All of the options are so cheap looking though. The stainless will really hold up under dock abuse, last forever and really accentuates the swoop on the side of the boat. It is one of our signature visual cuew, and we love the way it keeps the boat from having the standard deckboat "dustbuster" side profile.
There are only so many ways to have a deep interior and keep good styling. We chose to start with a new hull design and go from there. This was the way we kept the high front, low top cap and still allowed a lower swimstep on the rear.
Thanks for the input though. Everything is considered. Our big switch to the stern drive is enough for me to weather this week though... Should be fast as hell though.

INSman
12-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Thought about it. All of the options are so cheap looking though. The stainless will really hold up under dock abuse, last forever and really accentuates the swoop on the side of the boat. It is one of our signature visual cuew, and we love the way it keeps the boat from having the standard deckboat "dustbuster" side profile.
There are only so many ways to have a deep interior and keep good styling. We chose to start with a new hull design and go from there. This was the way we kept the high front, low top cap and still allowed a lower swimstep on the rear.
Thanks for the input though. Everything is considered. Our big switch to the stern drive is enough for me to weather this week though... Should be fast as hell though.
Wes
Your boat with the new Merc 700 and NXT1 drive would be the friggin' sheat !! :rollside:

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Wes
Your boat with the new Merc 700 and NXT1 drive would be the friggin' sheat !! :rollside:
Too fast... :( That would be well over 100 in this boat. We are doing the smallest Ilmor to try to keep it under 90. I would do the 496, but we are over 30 days away from getting our OEM account with Merc and don't want to wait. Ilmor will deliver in five days or so.
Just got off the phone with Mr. Teague... this is going to be a hell of a boat.

TOBTEK
12-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Wes
So are you saying........ DITCH THE JET?
Blaine, was asking where you were Sat morning..... misssed you again! How did your team do?

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Blaine, was asking where you were Sat morning..... misssed you again! How did your team do?
Not by choice, but yes. I still personally prefer it big time for what I do, but we just can't get top speed out of it to justify the big ass motor and expense.
So, instead of a $170K twin turbo dual jet, we are selling a $149K 625 Ilmor/Teague XR Platinum package with all of the other bells and whistles included.
The 496HO/B1XR will be out soon, and expect that to be under $135K with external steering and a sportmaster lower.
Time to get into the outdrive market. :D

INSman
12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I was there, we just don't know what eachother looks like I guess. We shot 81 or 82 I think, maybe 3rd place at best and NO honorable mention !! :) Holy F was it windy and cold :220v:

HCS
12-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Not by choice, but yes. I still personally prefer it big time for what I do, but we just can't get top speed out of it to justify the big ass motor and expense.
So, instead of a $170K twin turbo dual jet, we are selling a $149K 625 Ilmor/Teague XR Platinum package with all of the other bells and whistles included.
The 496HO/B1XR will be out soon, and expect that to be under $135K with external steering and a sportmaster lower.
Typical jet for ya. :D
Can't wait to see the outdrive set up.

JB in so cal
12-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh, REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAlllYYYYY! What, about 80mph with that package? Doing the LA show?

Jordy
12-04-2006, 04:04 PM
OK, who is this and what did you do with Wes??? :idea: :D

TOBTEK
12-04-2006, 04:12 PM
I was there, we just don't know what eachother looks like I guess. We shot 81 or 82 I think, maybe 3rd place at best and NO honorable mention !! :) Holy F was it windy and cold :220v:
YEAH, and I forgot my slacks at home..... COLD in shorts!

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh, REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAlllYYYYY! What, about 80mph with that package? Doing the LA show?
We will know in a couple of days whether or not we are doing the LA show. If one of the manufacturers in the South Hall has to give up their space, I will be johnny on the spot for it. I can't see displaying our boat in the basement though. The manufacturers have until December 14th to cancel and still get the deposit back, and most cancellations come in between now and then. I know some other manufacturers are having tough times this year, so this could be the year we hit LA...
Should do 80 with an HO easy. We were thinking about putting a Bravo3 on it to give better holeshot and handling and keeping the top speed still in insurable range.
Funny, there isn't a whole lot of aftermarket high quality engines making under 500hp. We are STRONGLY thinking about a small block as the base engine since we would lose even more weight and still run over 80 if built right.
Time will tell. For now, we will be focusing on holeshot with the 550 package. I have the upper for the Teague unit coming in tomorrow for final fit up in the engine compartment/transom adapter assembly then I get to throw Brian under the bus and have him shit me the billet part as fast as he can. He will hate me for a little while, but then be happy it is over with. ;)

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 04:29 PM
OK, who is this and what did you do with Wes??? :idea: :D
The real Wes and his pioneering spirit were killed during the last engine failure. This is businessman Wes speaking. I make money for my investors.
The other one liked jets a LOT more than I do. ;)

NashvilleBound
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Too fast... :( That would be well over 100 in this boat. We are doing the smallest Ilmor to try to keep it under 90. I would do the 496, but we are over 30 days away from getting our OEM account with Merc and don't want to wait. Ilmor will deliver in five days or so.
Just got off the phone with Mr. Teague... this is going to be a hell of a boat.
Good choice Wes. A cutting edge boat with a unique motor...sounds good to me. It was good talking to you the other day. Hope this stern drive issue goes smooth for you.

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Good choice Wes. A cutting edge boat with a unique motor...sounds good to me. It was good talking to you the other day. Hope this stern drive issue goes smooth for you.
Thanks Jeff. I am sure the drive will be fine. I am taking it up to Teague sometime soon for the install to insure smoothness.
That man knows his outdrives... Speaking with him on the phone today was confidence inspiring. I think he is excited to see what it does...
Good talking to you as well. Your experience certainly helped clinch the Ilmor deal for me. Anyone who goes that far out of their way to back their product certainly gets a hard look from me.

HCS
12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
That's a nice moulding pic. :)
Gallery....yes~!
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1129-1/1.jpg

phebus
12-04-2006, 05:47 PM
That's a nice moulding pic. :)
I need to get some trim like that for my boat! :)

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 05:50 PM
I need to get some trim like that for my boat! :)
Here at Trident, we pride ourselves on the high quality trim to be found on our boats.

RiverAddict
12-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Wes what boat are you putting the Ilmor set-up in?

phebus
Here at Trident, we pride ourselves on the high quality trim to be found on our boats.
Sound's like the company slogan. :)

Jordy
The avatar speaks for itself. What a blast at Humbug, right before we voted you out for stealing all the trim!!! :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20613&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20614&stc=1

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Wes what boat are you putting the Ilmor set-up in?
The third boat (white and red). I am going to get some pictures of that one up on the website along with the fourth one (white/blue) tomorrow hopefully.

wsuwrhr
12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
....then I get to throw Brian under the bus and have him shit me the billet part as fast as he can. He will hate me for a little while, but then be happy it is over with. ;)
Lucky I am so small, I just lay flat, the bus passes right over me.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
The stainless will really hold up under dock abuse...
Yea it will.
Brian

Infomaniac
12-04-2006, 09:12 PM
The real Wes and his pioneering spirit were killed during the last engine failure.
OUCH !! That sounds kind of bad for the engine guy.

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
OUCH !! That sounds kind of bad for the engine guy.
Nah... I figure the guy has been with me solidly for four years and I only built three motors... wait... eight motors... with him. I am a sink hole for him at this point.
I figure I get my feet wet with some proven packages and I will be back up and innovating in no time. For right now, I figure it is better to win the war than the battle.
As I have said a million times... Ron builds a bombproof engine. Carson builds a bombproof turbo. Now, if I can find an injection system, drive, fuel delivery system, oil cooler and jet intake up to their standards we are off to the races. Oh... and with a warranty.
For the record, the only reason we aren't using Ron's engines in the next couple of boats is that the only thing that would stay on the transom behind them is a Weismann drive, and the boat would do 130+. If anyone is that particular huckleberry, boy do I have a deal for you on the fastest deckboat on the water.. ;)
Fact is, I think the sun pretty much rises and sets in Broken Arrow, OK since you came along. Your motors have been top-notch, and I cry a little bit everytime we tear one up.

RiverAddict
12-04-2006, 10:07 PM
So Wes, your gonna put Ilmor power in #3, and Merc. HO in #4 right? What about #1 & #2 ? What are they getting?

Froggystyle
12-04-2006, 10:41 PM
So Wes, your gonna put Ilmor power in #3, and Merc. HO in #4 right? What about #1 & #2 ? What are they getting?
#1 is sitting with no motor in it. Lost a fuel pump and cratered the motor. #2 blew the motor and we don't know what is going back in it. I think you know the owner, right? ;)
Last time we talked you wanted to wait and see how the outdrive worked. Is that still the case? If not, there is a fresh turbo motor here with your name on it.
And no, Merc won't likely be going in #4. Probably #5 though. You need to buy two Ilmor's to get on their program, and we aren't on Merc's yet. Five is getting shot shortly, and we will hopefully have a name on the back of it before we do.

RiverAddict
12-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Ilmor in #2 works for me.

wsuwrhr
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Turbo's or twin turbo's don't like running lean or out of fuel.
Bad deal.
Brian
#1 is sitting with no motor in it. Lost a fuel pump and cratered the motor. #2 blew the motor and we don't know what is going back in it. I think you know the owner, right? ;)
Last time we talked you wanted to wait and see how the outdrive worked. Is that still the case? If not, there is a fresh turbo motor here with your name on it.
And no, Merc won't likely be going in #4. Probably #5 though. You need to buy two Ilmor's to get on their program, and we aren't on Merc's yet. Five is getting shot shortly, and we will hopefully have a name on the back of it before we do.

ULTRA26 # 1
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Wes,
Good luck with the crossover from jet to stern. Based on what I have read about Trident, your boats should be rocket like with propellers on them.
John M

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Wes,
Good luck with the crossover from jet to stern. Based on what I have read about Trident, your boats should be rocket like with propellers on them.
John M
Thanks... We are certainly hoping that to be the case.

Cole Trickle
12-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks... We are certainly hoping that to be the case.
Sucks to hear about the problems you have had with the turbo motors :cry: :cry:
I know you invested a pretty penny in adding the right parts and setting those up right. Hopefully you got some compensation from the motor builder to help offset the cost to throw a new merc/Illmor in boat #2??

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Sucks to hear about the problems you have had with the turbo motors :cry: :cry:
I know you invested a pretty penny in adding the right parts and setting those up right. Hopefully you got some compensation from the motor builder to help offset the cost to throw a new merc/Illmor in boat #2??
Motor builder is a saint. He is not at fault in the slightest. The fault of this failure appears to lie firmly in the realm of bad gas. We didn't really know this, but a boat system being a vented system loses octane daily. Our engine was designed to run on "pump gas" at 91 octane with a little bit of breathing room. You can run 87 in it, but it better be a full 87.
Stories from the motor builders we have talked to range from losses of a couple of points after two weeks to nearly a 6 point loss after 10. Even if we only lost 4 points in the 10 weeks the boat sat, that would be enough to detonate the engine and wad it up.
Boat #2 is getting a brand new engine, and pending the results of the fuel octane test we are sending out for, perhaps a re-visted fuel system design.
The real culprit is the jet drive. It is just a power sponge, and wants more and more power the higher you spin it. We are having a difficult time justifying 800+ horsepower and 72 mph in this configuration. With an outdrive this will be well into the teens with the same power.
Turning a new page with no regrets. We have just officially lost the last liability to our new clients. The boat is amazing, the rigging and construction are top notch and the hull doesn't have an equal. With a proven power package I think it is time for the industry to stand by, rig fenders and prepare for boarding... :D

Cole Trickle
12-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Motor builder is a saint. He is not at fault in the slightest. The fault of this failure appears to lie firmly in the realm of bad gas. We didn't really know this, but a boat system being a vented system loses octane daily. Our engine was designed to run on "pump gas" at 91 octane with a little bit of breathing room. You can run 87 in it, but it better be a full 87.
Stories from the motor builders we have talked to range from losses of a couple of points after two weeks to nearly a 6 point loss after 10. Even if we only lost 4 points in the 10 weeks the boat sat, that would be enough to detonate the engine and wad it up.
Boat #2 is getting a brand new engine, and pending the results of the fuel octane test we are sending out for, perhaps a re-visted fuel system design.
The real culprit is the jet drive. It is just a power sponge, and wants more and more power the higher you spin it. We are having a difficult time justifying 800+ horsepower and 72 mph in this configuration. With an outdrive this will be well into the teens with the same power.
Turning a new page with no regrets. We have just officially lost the last liability to our new clients. The boat is amazing, the rigging and construction are top notch and the hull doesn't have an equal. With a proven power package I think it is time for the industry to stand by, rig fenders and prepare for boarding... :D
Glad to hear!!
I m not going to lie the boat is outstanding and your attention to detail and cutting edge designs are amazing.
On the flip side the motor and jet combo made me really nervous when I looked at it. :boxed: :rollside:

HCS
12-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Glad to hear!!
I m not going to lie the boat is outstanding and your attention to detail and cutting edge designs are amazing.
On the flip side the motor and jet combo made me really nervous when I looked at it. :boxed: :rollside:
It raised my eyebrows. :mix:

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Glad to hear!!
Yeah, we are getting that alot lately... I think this is going to hugely open up our market, and frankly I am really looking forward to competing with all of the other boats in the market with the same size engine and drive packages. It should really emphasize the advantages we have over the other designs.
This should really be a new ball game now.

superdave013
12-05-2006, 12:15 PM
so I guess it's safe to say I'll be sitting on all this stainless placediverter and steering stuff for awhile now eh?

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
so I guess it's safe to say I'll be sitting on all this stainless placediverter and steering stuff for awhile now eh?
Never... I will sell it to Dual Drive. They are still going to build the shit out of these for lower horsepower applications.
It is a great drive, but it just doesn't do what I want it to for our purposes.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 08:38 PM
We didn't really know this, but a boat system being a vented system loses octane daily.
Hydrocarbons "leak" at an astronomical rate.
Brian

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Hydrocarbons "leak" at an astronomical rate.
Brian
So I have recently heard.
So far, every testing lab has been $700 plus. I don't want to know if I am that hungry to find out...

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 08:55 PM
So I have recently heard.
So far, every testing lab has been $700 plus. I don't want to know if I am that hungry to find out...
Just burn it in something else.
It isn't worth the risk.

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Just burn it in something else.
It isn't worth the risk.
I am looking for something solid to point the finger at for my newly trashed, previously perfectly running motor.
I need smoking guns... Hearsay and conjecture don't count when you are talking about a wadded up $50K package.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:05 PM
I am looking for something solid to point the finger at for my newly trashed, previously perfectly running motor.
I need smoking guns... Hearsay and conjecture don't count when you are talking about a wadded up $50K package.
I see.
If the octane is too low and causes detonation to melt down a motor, the list is short.
I could place a call to VP, F&L, or Sonoco and find out where you can get fuel tested.
Sorry to hear Sir.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:07 PM
With poor fuel conditions, forced induction treats the members downwind rather harshly.

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:10 PM
With poor fuel conditions, forced induction treats the members downwind rather harshly.
Such is the word...

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:14 PM
800 hp for 72mph????????? something ain't right in FroggyTown
You just joined in today?

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 09:17 PM
we are selling a $149K 625 Ilmor/Teague XR Platinum package with all of the other bells and whistles included.
D
Am I reading this right?
So the upcharge from a 496HO to a 625 Viper is only 14K
when all other builders are charging 45K, plus the upcharge on the drive toping out over 50K.....
So everyone else has been ripping us off, or are you taking a few in the shorts to get the boat out there
that is the $36,000 question for today

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Am I reading this right?
So the upcharge from a 496HO to a 625 Viper is only 14K
when all other builders are charging 45K, plus the upcharge on the drive toping out over 50K.....
So everyone else has been ripping us off, or are you taking a few in the shorts to get the boat out there
that is the $36,000 question for today
A little of both. We need to get the boats out, and you are taking it in the shorts.
I have been about value from minute one. It is one of the huge reasons I steered clear of production power... I could build a lot more for a lot less.
The big ripoff is Merc Racing IMO... You pay huge, huge money for the blue paint and confirmed reliability.
Keep in mind, I don't have a stock 496HO either. I won't sell a boat that doesn't have external steering, XR drive, boat bling cover and stainless downtubes. Once you do that to a 496HO, it closed the gap with the Ilmor pretty quickly. Which is one of the main reasons we have chosen Ilmor for #3.

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:25 PM
A little of both. We need to get the boats out, and you are taking it in the shorts.
So how much can I order a Ilmor 710 from ya. :crossx:

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Anything with Mopar power puts me closer to owning a Trident.
I thought I was going to have to re-rig mine and have a Chivvy for sale.
The red/white "Revoluption" is going to be bad-ass.
Brian

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:27 PM
So how much can I order a Ilmor 710 from ya. :crossx:
$163,650. It comes with a Teague Platinum Drive and a Trident Revolution.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:28 PM
..and some serious billet work too!!!!
Brian

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I have been about value from minute one. It is one of the huge reasons I steered clear of production power... I could build a lot more for a lot less.
The big ripoff is Merc Racing IMO... You pay huge, huge money for the blue paint and confirmed reliability.
Keep in mind, I don't have a stock 496HO either. I won't sell a boat that doesn't have external steering, XR drive, boat bling cover and stainless downtubes. Once you do that to a 496HO, it closed the gap with the Ilmor pretty quickly. Which is one of the main reasons we have chosen Ilmor for #3.
WOW, so what is the cost of a 625 viper, Im guessing about 28k

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Wow, the price sure has gone up, since the last time we spoke. :wink:
For right now Im just gonna need the motor? So should I send the check out for 30K for the 710 :crossx:

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:34 PM
For right now Im just gonna need the motor? So should I send the check out for 30K for the 710 :crossx:
Sorry, that is our package deal.
Think of the resale value of your 550 in the Revolution when you swap them...

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
WOW, so what is the cost of a 625 viper, Im guessing about 28k
$43,396 without the drive. $60,686 with the TCM XR Platinum DWP

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
What can I purchase for 3,650? I have that much.
Can I "work" off the rest?
How about an infused flat-bottom hull?
Brian

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry, that is our package deal.
Think of the resale value of your 550 in the Revolution when you swap them...
Newflash, I have a 625. :p

Froggystyle
The TCM/Ilmor shit sells itself. I have had my resistance to purchase removed recently... now we get to use our kung-fu against the industry with no hands tied behind our back. And our Kung-Fu is strong...

Froggystyle
Newflash, I have a 625. :p
Then why is it so slow? ;)

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Still faster than your twin Turbo Dual Jet 28'.................:D

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Wasn't this thread about rub rails?
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:40 PM
WTF?
Why have my questions gone unanswered?
Am I just not good enough?
Brian

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
What can I purchase for 3,650? I have that much.
Can I "work" off the rest?
How about an infused flat-bottom hull?
Brian
Near as I can calculate, you can get the $1,200 custom paint color option from Ilmor, a $542 gearbox cooler, the $714 polish job on the intake manifold, the $441 power steering cooler and the CMI tailpipes at $852. That will put you at $3,749 if you can scratch together the additional $99.

wsuwrhr
Harsh...

Froggystyle
Actually, it wasn't... but we won't quibble. We should be running deep in the 90's with your package.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:42 PM
touche'
You guys are both hitting below the belt.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Think you can throw in the single large?
How about an upside down table to bolt the shiz too. I got to float something.
Brian
Near as I can calculate, you can get the $1,200 custom paint color option from Ilmor, a $542 gearbox cooler, the $714 polish job on the intake manifold, the $441 power steering cooler and the CMI tailpipes at $852. That will put you at $3,749 if you can scratch together the additional $99.

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:43 PM
touche'
Yeah but we are friends, so it is OK. It isn't like Grads is in here or something...
Actually, Craig was the one who helped RiverAddict get the boat on the trailer after the fuel va-poo-rised the motor. He gets all our love...

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 09:46 PM
touche'
They are both sagging, So the belt line is around the knee caps....

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Actually, it wasn't... but we won't quibble. We should be running deep in the 90's with your package.
Also mine has less power, heavier, and bigger and is more reliable. :) I'm just playing. :rollside: :rollside:
Key word to your above statement is "Should Be"
:p

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:48 PM
They are both sagging, So the belt line is around the knee caps....
Well alright

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Also mine has less power, heavier, and bigger and is more reliable. :) I'm just playing. :rollside: :rollside:
Key word to your above statement is "Should Be"
:p
If you wish to put a small gentlemans wager on whether or not my 27' deck boat with a 550 out runs and out-accelerates your DCB with canopies and 75 more horsepower... I would be happy to oblige... :D

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah but we are friends, so it is OK. It isn't like Grads is in here or something...
Actually, Craig was the one who helped RiverAddict get the boat on the trailer after the fuel va-poo-rised the motor. He gets all our love...
:) :cool: Likewise Wes!

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:53 PM
If you wish to put a small gentlemans wager on whether or not my 27' deck boat with a 550 out runs and out-accelerates your DCB with canopies and 75 more horsepower... I would be happy to oblige... :D
My boat is no match for the infusion. :cool:

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:55 PM
sigged... :D :p

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Backpeddling?

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 09:56 PM
WTF?
Why have my questions gone unanswered?
Am I just not good enough?
Brian
I guess so

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 09:58 PM
I guess so
I answered your questions...

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 09:59 PM
sigged... :D :p
I figured you might enjoy that one, I am honored to be in your sig line. :D
Backpeddling?
Never, You ever been in a Trident, or seen first hand his Lay-up process?
Infusion Vs. Wood?
What is it his 3500lbs against my 6k ? Seems fair............... :rollside:
I will wager him on a Dual jet set-up aginst mine, I aint SCURRED. :crossx:

Froggystyle
12-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Infusion Vs. Wood?
Well, when I get this one back together I will take you up on that... as long as you let me buy you and Jen a whole lot of drinks for helping out Robert and Arleene.
Oh, and near as we can tell, the boat weight is going to drop by another couple hundred pounds with the Ilmor package. I can't wait.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I have never seen a Trident Revolution. What is this creation you call a Trident?
I haven't even heard of such a thing until today. Well at least until this thread came up.
But thanks for noticing.
Infusion Vs. Wood?

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, when I get this one back together I will take you up on that... as long as you let me buy you and Jen a whole lot of drinks for helping out Robert and Arleene.
Oh, and near as we can tell, the boat weight is going to drop by another couple hundred pounds with the Ilmor package. I can't wait.
Aluminuk block, aluminum heads, oh and Mopar power pal.
I'll set you up with some pentastar stickers.
I made some custom one for my boats.
"Power by Dodge"
Brian

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 10:06 PM
I aint SCURRED. :crossx:
That is not what I heard about SATURDAY NIGHT.

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Not a problem Wes, just trying to help out the situation. :)
Oh, and near as we can tell, the boat weight is going to drop by another couple hundred pounds with the Ilmor package. I can't wait
See attaining even more speed. :crossx:
I have never seen a Trident Revolution.
I haven't even heard of such a thing until today. Well at least until this thread came up.
But thanks for noticing.
You should check them out, Wes has a great thing going on down there. :)

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 10:11 PM
You should check them out, Wes has a great thing going on down there. :)
Yea, I need to get down there and check those boats out.
One of these days I'll have to get down there.
Wes, do you mind if I come down and see your program?
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63powerbydodge.jpg

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
That is not what I heard about SATURDAY NIGHT.
I made an educated decision not to be raped by a calf on her way to becoming a cow. :crossx:

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I made an educated decision not to be raped by a calf on her way to becoming a cow. :crossx:
Wow that is no good.

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 10:15 PM
OUCh she was not that bad, she was 5-7 - 140 pounds..
Come on

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Come on
I remember those days.

wsuwrhr
12-05-2006, 10:17 PM
This thread is slowing down.

MR HARLEY
12-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Come on
In my sober state I measured:
5-4 -140 lbs with a gunt and saddlebags. :yuk: :) :rollside:
I would never be able to forgive myself. :D

HCS
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Wasn't this thread about rub rails?
Brian
That was just the worm. ;)

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I would never be able to forgive myself. :D
DAMN and they say im hard on women... :boxed:

mbrown2
12-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Come on
"Why you hook me up with that
fat-ass baldhead girl?
Who? Rita?
Yeah.
Rita is not fat.
She's just big boned.
Shit! That girl wider
than all outside.
Talkin' about she looked
like Janet Jackson.
Oh, no, she didn't go there.
Bi t ch got out of the car
Iooking more like
Freddie Jackson."
LOL :)

mbrown2
12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
DAAAAAMMMM LOL :)

HCS
12-05-2006, 10:39 PM
This thread is going in a much better direction.
The Trident will be a far superior product for sure. :)
It has to be pain staking to go through all the trials and tribulations.

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 10:40 PM
"Why you hook me up with that
fat-ass baldhead girl?
Who? Rita?
Yeah.
Rita is not fat.
She's just big boned.
Shit! That girl wider
than all outside.
Talkin' about she looked
like Janet Jackson.
Oh, no, she didn't go there.
Bi t ch got out of the car
Iooking more like
Freddie Jackson."
LOL :)
Gotta love friday...
and just for the record, I got tired of listening to her beg, I was about to pull the tag team and step in just to shut her up...

Froggystyle
12-06-2006, 08:01 AM
This thread is going in a much better direction.
The Trident will be a far superior product for sure. :)
It has to be pain staking to go through all the trials and tribulations.
You can't imagine.
We did an awful lot of innovation on this project. More so than the industry has seen in 20-30 years in most areas. With the dual jet we adopted yet another program that was untested and un-refined, but the key difference between that and our myriad other innovations is that we didn't develop it. Let me explain...
Our hull was conceived by us, but the next step wasn't to go out and start cutting up wood... The next step was to go hire a Naval Architect. He designed a unique hull with all of the benefits we wanted and stability at the forefront of the "need" list.
Our composite structure wasn't designed by the guy selling me the products, though that happens quite a bit today... Ours was designed by another Naval Architect, assisted by the first but chosen for his unique qualifications as a true industry-leading composites expert, working on projects as varied as America's Cup boats to the Lunar lander. That was how we built the cored structure.
Across the board, this was our means of innovation. Except for the jet drive. We bought the product, wrapped a boat around it and tested it to be let down... that's when we hired the hydrodynamic expert, the jet expert and the intake guru... who told us they had reservations about the intake design ever being capable of working up to our needed level of performance. The idea and the gearbox are now strong, but the intake needs a ton of work, and we don't have the luxury of continuing to be the primary test vehicle for the program.
We will go back to the Dual Drive, that I am sure of. It is the best drive for this style of boat, it just currently takes way too much power to run over 70, and that is a requirement for our boat.
Lesson learned... We do the research on innovations from now on...

HCS
12-06-2006, 10:15 AM
That's exactly makes me want to see, ride and drive one.
I didn't realize you were having power plant problems. That has to be a frustrating set back.
I'm am looking forward to seeing the boat up close some day.
Up in Northern Calif.
Tom
You can't imagine.
We did an awful lot of innovation on this project. More so than the industry has seen in 20-30 years in most areas. With the dual jet we adopted yet another program that was untested and un-refined, but the key difference between that and our myriad other innovations is that we didn't develop it. Let me explain...
Our hull was conceived by us, but the next step wasn't to go out and start cutting up wood... The next step was to go hire a Naval Architect. He designed a unique hull with all of the benefits we wanted and stability at the forefront of the "need" list.
Our composite structure wasn't designed by the guy selling me the products, though that happens quite a bit today... Ours was designed by another Naval Architect, assisted by the first but chosen for his unique qualifications as a true industry-leading composites expert, working on projects as varied as America's Cup boats to the Lunar lander. That was how we built the cored structure.
Across the board, this was our means of innovation. Except for the jet drive. We bought the product, wrapped a boat around it and tested it to be let down... that's when we hired the hydrodynamic expert, the jet expert and the intake guru... who told us they had reservations about the intake design ever being capable of working up to our needed level of performance. The idea and the gearbox are now strong, but the intake needs a ton of work, and we don't have the luxury of continuing to be the primary test vehicle for the program.
We will go back to the Dual Drive, that I am sure of. It is the best drive for this style of boat, it just currently takes way too much power to run over 70, and that is a requirement for our boat.
Lesson learned... We do the research on innovations from now on...

steet
12-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Great choic on engine package. I have had the 550's and moved up last year to the 625's and could not be happier. Not to mention the fuel economy over the other engines