PDA

View Full Version : Best hotel for kids in Cancun!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Boys 5 and 10. I need kids clubs and crap like that. Need a little space. Never been there and have no clue. Any help?? Activities?? Fun places to check out when I am sick of the beach??
My wife is a total snob so 4 star + please. J/K I am the picky one!!!
Thank you!

riverracerx
12-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey, you still going to Cabo soon?

socalmoney
12-04-2006, 02:25 PM
We have been to the Iberostar resorts on the Riviera Maya several times with the kids and had a blast. It took us two days to get them to go to the kids club and once we did, we couldn't get them out of it. We stayed at the Lindo last time and it was great. They were building the Maya during our last visit and got a tour of it, wow. Very cool place. The Lindo has a lazy river and wave pool for the kids. Food is pretty good and is all inclusive. We never left the resort.
http://www.iberostar.com/EN/Playa-Paraiso-hotels/Iberostar-Paraiso-Lindo_3_78.html
http://www.iberostar.com/hotel/h78/galeria/img20060511-7456.jpg

gmocnik
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Boys 5 and 10. I need kids clubs and crap like that. Need a little space. Never been there and have no clue. Any help?? Activities?? Fun places to check out when I am sick of the beach??
My wife is a total snob so 4 star + please. J/K I am the picky one!!!
Thank you!
leave the kids with grandma and do one of the adult only resorts....we stayed at aventura spa palace and had a blast...we checked out the iberostar resort (maya i think) just up the road and it was real nice also...
i think most of these places have recovered but they got hammered by a hurricane a year ago...some of the resorts got hit pretty hard...might be worth asking to make sure all the amenities are still functional....
have fun...
gm

OutCole'd
12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Is there a non stop flight out of LAX to Cancun?

Havasu1986
12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Is there a non stop flight out of LAX to Cancun?
Yes and we also stayed at the Avetura. With kids I hear the Moon Palace is nice.

socalmoney
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
leave the kids with grandma and do one of the adult only resorts....we stayed at aventura spa palace and had a blast...we checked out the iberostar resort (maya i think) just up the road and it was real nice also...
i think most of these places have recovered but they got hammered by a hurricane a year ago...some of the resorts got hit pretty hard...might be worth asking to make sure all the amenities are still functional....
have fun...
gm
I was in that Hurricane, it sucked. I have a lot of respect for mother nature.
My pick for a no kids trip is LeBlanc Spa Resort in the hotel zone.

Kilrtoy
12-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Grandparents room back home :boxed:

GunninGopher
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Yes and we also stayed at the Avetura. With kids I hear the Moon Palace is nice.
I stayed at the RIU Palace Las Americas in early Oct. NOT a good place for kids, since they don't have a kids club or anything, and that is what we wanted. I had considered the Moon Palace but we read too many bad reviews.
On our shuttle ride home we picked up a few people from Moon Palace and they said they had fun but that the place was a dump and the food sucked. They also said all the pool games made you get naked.
I highly recommend Palace Las Americas but for couples only. The price was great, the food was great the service was great and the hotel was out of this world. Everything was marble. There weren't a lot of singles there, and I know my kids (3 and 5) would have been bored out of their minds.